Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

Sacha Baron Cohen aka Ali G

Isla Fisher Shows Off Baby Bump at 'Hot Rod' Premiere

Filed under: Film , Isla Fisher , Premiere , Red Carpet

Posted Image

It could not have been a hotter day for the premiere of "Hot Rod" in Hollywood. The pregnant Isla Fisher put on a brave face, and stepped onto the red carpet for the event.

"It is a little harder, I definitely feel my feet are swelling up a little bit but it's fun. It's exciting to be here," she said.

The actress stars alongside budding new comic talent Andy Samberg, who writes and appears on Saturday Night Live. And she believes Andy is destined for big things: "Andy is a young Adam Sandler, he's very funny."

The movie is about a wannabe stuntman who plans to jump 15 buses to raise money for his stepfather's heart operation, so he can have fight him. The film is meant to be very silly, admits Andy.

"That's definitely what we were going for, that sort of stupid smart kind of comedy. It's a ridiculous, ridiculous movie with lots of weird sequences and sometimes it even gets a little musical."

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted by: Kimberly London

http://socialitelife.com/2007/07/29/isla_f...od_premiere.php

Isla Fisher, Sacha Baron Cohen Welcome a Baby

FRIDAY OCTOBER 19, 2007 01:50 PM EDT

By Stephen M. Silverman

A baby Borat is born: Isla Fisher and Sacha Baron Cohen have welcomed their first child, according to reports in Australia and Britain.

No further details were available. Reps for both stars had no comment.

Fisher's pregnancy was first reported in June. The following month she said, "I haven't got any plans to jump back into [work after the birth]."

Both Cohen, 36, and Fisher, 31, began their careers overseas. Cohen, who is best known for his controversial comedy, Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, originally rose to fame on British TV as the wannabe rapper Ali G, and became familiar to American audiences in 2003, when HBO began airing his Da Ali G Show.

Fisher, who was raised in Australia, kicked off her acting career in the mid-'90s on the Aussie soap opera Home & Away, but is better known internationally as Vince Vaughn's hyperactive love interest in Wedding Crashers.

Fisher's former Home & Away costar, Melissa George, told PEOPLE this week that Fisher will make a wonderful mother. "She's the kindest, most beautiful woman. Like extraordinary, this girl. And she's got great humor, an amazing sort of temperament."

As for the sense of humor the baby might have, George said, "It'll be a riot. How could it not?"

Fisher told a British newspaper in 2005: "Sacha makes me laugh more than anyone," but this year admitted there are perils to maintaining the relationship.

"Instead of 'Hey, Honey, did you pick up the dry cleaning?,' it was 'Did you get beaten up? Are you getting sued? Is there a warrant out for your arrest?' " she said, referring to Cohen's work on Borat.

"Borat" Dinner Party Lawsuit

Alabamans claim foul over "racially intolerant" depiction in movie

OCTOBER 23--Five more unwitting stars of "Borat" have filed a federal lawsuit against the hit comedy's creators, claiming that they were duped into appearing in what they thought was an "educational documentary for Belarus Television." In the movie, the quintet is seen dining with comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in an Alabama home in October 2005. During the meal, Cohen, in his guise as the clueless Borat, refers to one man as a "retard," wonders whether his hosts own slaves, and, following a bathroom trip, returns to the dinner table with a plastic bag containing what appears to be feces. According to a complaint filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Birmingham, Cohen and his codefendants sought to portray the Alabamans as "racially intolerant" and distributed a film "memorializing the mockery, humiliation, and degradation of unsuspecting participants." The plaintiffs charge that Cohen's film, which has grossed hundreds of million of dollars, caused them emotional distress, placed them in a false light, and resulted in an invasion of privacy. The lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages, seeks an injunction barring further use of the embarrassing "dinner scene" from "Borat."

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years...3071borat1.html

Does anyone know what Sascha and Isla named their child? I heard Sadler. I also heard it was a girl then I heard it was a boy. I am confused. :wacko:

Does anyone know what Sascha and Isla named their child? I heard Sadler. I also heard it was a girl then I heard it was a boy. I am confused. :wacko:

I am pretty sure it is a girl named Olive.

Thank god it isn't Sadler. Olive is definitely better. Thanks!!

Sue! Sue! Sue! Sue!

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

The Borat movie came out ages ago and bitches are still filing lawsuits. The diners during that Alabama dinner party have filed a lawsuit claiming they were depicted "racially intolerant" in the mockumentary. These people were told they were part of a documentary for Belarus TV when in fact they were making the Borat movie.

The Smoking Gun reports:

In the movie, the quintet is seen dining with comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in an Alabama home in October 2005. During the meal, Cohen, in his guise as the clueless Borat, refers to one man as a "retard," wonders whether his hosts own slaves, and, following a bathroom trip, returns to the dinner table with a plastic bag containing what appears to be feces.

According to a complaint filed Friday in U.S. District Court in Birmingham, Cohen and his co-defendants sought to portray the Alabamans as "racially intolerant" and distributed a film "memorializing the mockery, humiliation, and degradation of unsuspecting participants." The plaintiffs charge that Cohen's film, which has grossed hundreds of million of dollars, caused them emotional distress, placed them in a false light, and resulted in an invasion of privacy. The lawsuit, which does not specify monetary damages, seeks an injunction barring further use of the embarrassing "dinner scene" from "Borat."

The truth hurts! That was the funniest scene in the movie though. Sacha Baron Cohen should counter-sue them for being dumb ass whores!

Cohen, Fisher and baby Olive

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher won't try to out-do other celebs by thinking of a crazy name for their newborn daughter.

With monikers like Everly Bear and Apple currently flying around, the Borat star, 36, and his actress fiancee, 31, have instead opted for the pretty Olive for their girl, who was born in LA last week.

Sacha Baron Cohen Says Good-Bye to Borat

Posted Image

Sacha Baron Cohen is officially saying good-bye – or the Kazakh word for good-bye – to Borat, now that the comic character's phenomenal success leaves him unable to ambush any more unsuspecting victims.

The actor and comedian, 36, tells England's Daily Telegraph that he is forced to ditch the hapless journalist from Kazakhstan, as well his rapper character Ali G – and that it's a sad farewell.

"When I was being Ali G and Borat, I was in character sometimes 14 hours a day, and I came to love them, so admitting I am never going to play them again is quite a sad thing," Cohen says. "It is like saying goodbye to a loved one."

Cohen created both characters almost a decade ago, and incorporated them into a popular HBO series. But the huge success of Borat the film exposed the character to much wider audience, making his ambush-style antics impossible.

"It is hard," Cohen says, "and the problem with success, although it's fantastic, is that every new person who sees the Borat movie is one less person I 'get' with Borat again, so it's a kind of self-defeating form, really."

The end is particularly difficult given how much time Cohen has spent as Borat outside of his TV and film appearances. "If I'd done the entire promotional campaign for Borat as myself it wouldn't have developed in the same way," he says. "To me, it should be entertaining and the entertainment should carry on."

Cohen has intimated before that the characters may have outstayed their welcome, telling National Public Radio last January, "I think the days of me going undercover are probably over."

Cohen and his actress wife, Isla Fisher, welcomed a baby girl in October, but the actor has little to add on that score. He tells the Telegraph: "I try and keep that part of my life separate from the professional part because I don't think it helps people appreciate the work or the comedy or make me any funnier if they know what's going on at home."

people

No more jokes as Borat turns war protester

THE creator of Ali G and Borat has been persuaded by Steven Spielberg to move from comedy to serious politics by playing a hippie opponent of the Vietnam war.

In The Trial of the Chicago Seven, Sacha Baron Cohen will portray Abbie Hoffman, a figure from the 1960s counterculture who used a series of pranks to campaign against the war. Baron Cohen is expected to be paid about £3m for the film.

Baron Cohen, 36, became famous in Britain for his Ali G persona in the 1990s but won international acclaim with last year’s film Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan. He has now “retired” his Borat character.

The Spielberg film is said to be closer to Munich, the director’s exploration of the morality of political assassination, based on the 1972 terrorist attack on the Olympic Games, than to his next Indiana Jones frolic, due in the summer.

The Trial of the Chicago Seven follows protesters who disrupted the 1968 Democrat party convention with an anti-Vietnam-war “carnival” that turned nasty. Demonstrators threw bricks, police responded with tear gas and the centre of Chicago was engulfed in flames. Curfews only escalated the violence.

After the clashes, independent investigators blamed eight police officers and eight protesters including Hoffman, who had already disrupted the New York Stock Exchange with showers of fake money.

The police were not charged but the protesters were accused of inciting a riot. One was jailed for contempt, leaving the seven to fight the charges.

It was, said the late writer Norman Mailer, who testified for the seven, a noisy televised clash between the old order and the burgeoning counterculture.

Hoffman went on to become an irascible celebrity who, later diagnosed with a bipolar disorder, killed himself with pills in 1989.

Baron Cohen will not have to undergo a big transformation to play the part. Hoffman, who was Jewish, attended Berkeley University in California, while Baron Cohen, an urbane Orthodox Jew more than 6ft tall, cut his teeth entertaining friends at Christ’s College Cambridge with subversive wit and surreal pranks.

Baron Cohen is already planning a return to the screen in the guise of Bruno, a camp Austrian fashion show presenter with an unpleasant line in Nazi jokes. It is reported he will receive a £7m advance and 15% of box-office receipts for the role, a record for a British comedian.

He is still fighting writs for slander and fraud from several people lampooned in the Borat movie, including the villagers of Glod in Romania where the opening sections of the film were shot.

timesonline

Baron Cohen up for 'Seven'

British actor would play Abbie Hoffman in film

By LEO BARRACLOUGH, MICHAEL FLEMING

Could "The Trial of the Chicago Seven" be Steven Spielberg's next picture?

Spielberg has been developing the DreamWorks project, about anti-Vietnam War activists arrested at the 1968 Democratic Convention, for some time. Now it looks as if he has found his hippie ringleader.

British thesp Sacha Baron Cohen, who just came off a role in DreamWorks' "Sweeney Todd," has been attached to play Abbie Hoffman in the pic, according to a report in London's Sunday Times.

A rep for Spielberg would neither confirm nor deny the report.

DreamWorks inked a deal with Aaron Sorkin to write the script for the project in July. Spielberg is producing alongside Walter Parkes and Laurie MacDonald.

"Chicago Seven" is not without competition for Spielberg's attentions.

He also has a project about Abraham Lincoln and the Civil War in the works. That project has a script and leading thesp in the bag.

Tony Kushner, the "Angels in America" playwright who rewrote Eric Roth's script for "Munich," has delivered the script, based on a Doris Kearns Goodwin book, and Liam Neeson is attached to play Lincoln.

Spielberg is also lined up to direct one of the 3-D toons in the "Tintin" trilogy, which is being produced by Spielberg, Peter Jackson and Kathleen Kennedy. Jackson will also helm one of the pics, the first of which is skedded to begin principal photography in September.

Sacha Baron Cohen pads his part

Tuesday, January 8th 2008, 4:00 AM

Sacha Baron Cohen continues to thrust his private parts in our faces.

Perhaps you noticed that prodigious bulge in the tights of Cohen's character, Signor Adolfo Pirelli, in "Sweeney Todd."

It was Cohen's idea to pad his costume — and no one was more surprised by the unexpected order of cod than "Sweeney" director Tim Burton.

"I thought he was just happy to do a musical," Burton tells us.

Burton didn't know exactly how Cohen achieved the effect. "I didn't ask," he says. "But I was happy when I saw it."

Of course, this isn't the first time that Cohen has trumpeted his endowment.

You may remember him strutting around the Cannes Film Festival in that terrifying over-the-shoulder-boulder-holder swimsuit he sported in "Borat."

And then there was the movie's infamous nude wrestling scene. But why did we have to look at the bits of his obese co-star Ken Davitian, when Cohen was protected by a black strip?

Kathleen Tracy reports in her new bio, "Sacha Baron Cohen: From Cambridge to Kazakhstan," that "the apparent adrenaline rush to survive under Davitian's ample weight" caused an awkward surge of blood toward one of Cohen's extremities.

The film was spared an NC-17 rating by that long, rectangular fig leaf.

At least we were spared a scene in which Borat visits a plastic surgeon to have a reverse circumcision performed "so Pamela Anderson won't think he's Jewish. [Cohen] dropped his pants," presenting his manhood for inspection, only to have the doctor recognize him from one of his earlier comic incarnations. "Wait! You're Ali G!" the doc exclaimed, ruining the whole scene.

The unauthorized tome is "an entertaining look at the man's career and his life and how the two influence one another," Tracy tells us. Cohen is notoriously press-shy — he usually insists on doing interviews in character — but Tracy says, "I didn't really need [to interview] him. His volume of past works speaks louder than he could himself."

Meanwhile, Cohen has kissed goodbye to Borat. He has landed a major noncomedic role in Steven Spielberg's movie about the Chicago Seven (written by Aaron Sorkin). Cohen is due to play '60s counterculture icon Abbie Hoffman. According to The Times of London, Spielberg had to talk Cohen into taking the role, which came with a $5 million paycheck.

Also coming up is "Bruno," another "character" comedy, this one set around Cohen's flamboyantly gay Austrian TV host. Universal is said to be paying $42.5 million for the flick, including a $15 million salary for Cohen and a 15% cut of box-office receipts.

So now, codpiece or not, Cohen has proven he's a very big star.

Isla: Owen and Vince, Crash My Wedding!

Page Six

Isla Fisher doesn't want Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn at her wedding to funnyman Sacha Baron Cohen just so she can see if they have the audacity to crash it.

"I'm thinking of not inviting Owen and Vince so I can see whether they can crash our wedding," said the pint-size red-head who co-starred with them in the 2005 blockbuster hit Wedding Crashers.

The 32-year-old has been engaged to the star-better-known-as Borat since 2004 and converted to Judaism for their forthcoming nuptuals even though they've yet to set a date for the occassion.

The couple, with three-month-old daughter Olive, keeps a low profile but Isla shared her latest wedding plans during an interview with London's Daily Mail while promoting her latest romantic comedy, Definitely, Maybe.

Read more Isla punchlines about life as Hollywood's funniest family after the jump.

On why peope take her picture: "We're starting to have our pictures taken a little more often now, probably because Sacha's so tall while I'm so small, I'm like a circus freak!"

On living in Hollywood: "Oh, I always thought I'd be living in Hollywood, in a seven-bedroom house with a massive swimming pool. It's just that when I imagined it, I always thought I'd be the maid."

On why she won't talk about daughter Olive: "You know, motherhood is my favourite topic in my personal life and I won't shut up about it, but it's not something I want to discuss publicly just because of the amount of attention it draws to a small person who didn't choose to be exposed."

On divorce: I'd work things out and I'd definitely stay put...You can't underestimate how traumatic divorce is for the children."

Confessions From the 'Shopaholic' Set

Isla Fisher looks cute (if impractical) on the set of Confessions of a Shopaholic. What, there was no room in the budget for John Goodman to score himself a ruffled collar?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Isla Still Busy Confessing About Her Shopping Issues

After a few weeks off from the, um, inventive (ridiculous) outfits for Confessions of a Shopaholic, Isla Fisher was back at work in Chelsea yesterday in the typical pink and orange. While Isla is continuing to be adorable all over the place, her fiancé Sacha Baron Cohen is back up to his shenanigans making his new movie, Bruno. He apparently caused a bit of a scene at the Wichita airport and may have even tricked Ben Affleck. Ha, well it sounds like he hasn't lost his touch after Borat — love the comedic power couple and their adorable little Olive.

Posted Image

Court dismisses suit by man in "Borat" film

A lawsuit filed by a man seen running away from comedian Sacha Baron Cohen in his hit "Borat" film was dismissed by a federal judge on Wednesday.

Jeffrey Lemerond, who appeared in the trailer and a 13-second clip in "Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan," sued 20th Century Fox, a unit of News Corp., in federal court in Manhattan in June.

Lemerond claimed the filmmakers unlawfully used his image after he was seen in the movie on New York's streets running from the fictional Kazakh television reporter, "fleeing in apparent terror, screaming for Mr. Cohen to 'go away,"' court documents said.

But U.S. District Judge Loretta Preska said the film fell under a broad exception to that claim because it was "newsworthy." She said while the film appealed "to the most childish and vulgar in its viewers," it attempted "an ironic commentary of 'modern' American culture."

Lemerond's claim was one of several suits filed by people who complained they were duped into appearing in the fake documentary.

Two residents of the southern Romanian village that served as Borat's "hometown" in the film had filed a $30 million lawsuit, which was also dismissed on Wednesday.

Nicolae Todorache, a one-armed grandfather, and Spiridom Ciorebea claimed the film wrongly depicted them and others from the village of Glod as rapists, abortionists, prostitutes and thieves. They failed to file papers in the case on time.

Last year, a Los Angeles judge also threw out a lawsuit filed by two college fraternity members shown in the film guzzling alcohol and making racist remarks.

Reuters/Nielsen

Check out the conversation below between actor Matthew Broderick (Sarah Jessica Parker’s husband), Inside the Actors Studio host James Lipton and Isla. Radar overhead this at the after-party for SJP’s new movie, Smart People.

Fisher: Hi, Matthew! I’m a huge fan of yours and just wanted to say hey! (To Lipton) Hi!! How are you?!

Lipton: [Looks at Broderick, clearly unsure as to who Fisher is.] Hello.

Broderick: Nice to meet you. [Awkward silence, as he is also unsure of who Fisher is.] So what brings you here tonight?

Fisher: I’m just running around seeing some people, but Sacha and I are huge fans of yours and I wanted to say hello.

Broderick: Sacha?

Fisher: … Baron Cohen?

Broderick: Oh? And how do you know Sacha?

Fisher: [beet red now.] Um … he’s my finacée?

Broderick: [Redder] Oh, right. Of course. I’m so sorry.

Lipton: [For once not the one cause of embarrassment, he averts his gaze.]

Fisher: Okay, well, have a nice night.

Just Jared

Oh dear - AWKWARD. Well, at least Broderick has nice manners.

Holmes pic nabs Baron Cohen, Ferrell

Apatow, Miller to produce Columbia comedy

By MICHAEL FLEMING

Columbia Pictures has set an untitled comedy that will star Sacha Baron Cohen as master detective Sherlock Holmes and Will Ferrell as Watson, his crime-solving partner.

Etan Cohen ("Tropic Thunder") is writing the script, and Judd Apatow and Jimmy Miller will produce.

The comedy is inspired by Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes tales. Though the thrust is different, the Baron Cohen-Ferrell pairing is the second major studio project featuring the supersleuth, as Warner Bros. is prepping the Anthony Peckham-scripted drama "Sherlock Holmes" with director Guy Ritchie.

The Col project reteams Baron Cohen and Ferrell, who played rival racecar drivers in Columbia's 2006 hit comedy "Talladega Nights," which Apatow and Miller also produced.

"Just the idea of Sacha and Will as Sherlock Holmes and Watson makes us laugh," said Col co-prexy Matt Tolmach. "Sacha and Will are two of the funniest and most talented guys on the planet, and having them take on these two iconic characters is frankly hilarious."

Baron Cohen, who most recently starred in "Sweeney Todd," has been filming "Bruno," based on his character creation, for Media Rights Capital, with Universal Pictures distributing domestically.

Ferrell, who just wrapped "Land of the Lost" for Universal, will next be seen starring for Col in "Step Brothers." That film reteams him with "Talladega Nights" co-star John C. Reilly, director Adam McKay and producers Apatow and Miller.

IN THE HOOD

Little Olive, who recently turned 1-year-old, is all wrapped up in hearts for a day out with mom Isla Fisher in Beverly Hills on Tuesday. Fisher's upcoming comedy, Confessions of a Shopaholic, hits theaters in February

Posted Image

Cohen and Fisher plan summer wedding?

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher have set a date for their wedding -- they are planning an intimate summer ceremony in London, according to reports.

The Australian actress gave birth to the couple's daughter, Olive, in 2007, and she has converted to her fiancée's religion of Judaism.

Fisher recently admitted their busy work schedules mean they haven't had time to plan a wedding, but British magazine Heat is reporting the celebrity couple has now named May or June 2010 for their big day.

A source tells the publication, "Isla and Sacha want a small wedding that will include only family and their closest friends -- possibly fewer than 50 people."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0ZoJV3TEr

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher wed

Sacha Baron Cohen and Isla Fisher have wed in a small private ceremony in Paris, France.

Reports suggest the "Borat" star and the Aussie actress partner exchanged vows a week ago at a traditional Jewish ceremony in front of close friends and family.

The couple started dating in 2002 and became engaged six years ago.

They were rumored to have wed in February, but their representative denied the reports, insisting they had simply been celebrating a Jewish holiday.

But now Fisher, who shares a two-year-old daughter, called Olive, with the funnyman, has confirmed the wedding took place.

In an email to pals, Fisher wrote, "We did it - we're married! It was the absolute best day of my life and in so many beautiful moments I missed you all so much. I thought of you as everything was happening, but Sacha and I wanted no fuss."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0iwogubJK