princess

Paul & Stella McCartney clan

Posted Image

UP FRONT

Gwyneth Paltrow lends an appreciative hand at Stella McCartney's Spring-Summer 2005 fashion show in Milan on Thursday. The new mom is cheering McCartney on for more than just her sartorial skills: The designer just announced she's pregnant with her first child. Paltrow, meanwhile, recently finished filming the drama Proof with Anthony Hopkins and Jake Gyllenhaal, due in December.

Stella McCartney Expecting Baby in Spring

Friday Oct 08, 2004 8:00am EST

By Yolie Prebble

people.com

Stella McCartney confirmed Friday morning that she is three months pregnant with her first child, her rep tells PEOPLE, adding that the designer is "thrilled with the news."

Word of her pregnancy came as the 33-year-old McCartney, who married former magazine publisher Alasdhair Willis last year, wound up her spring/summer collection show in Paris this week. The baby, who will arrive this spring, will make former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney a grandfather for the third time.

McCartney's rep, who prefers not to give his name, says, "Stella is looking forward to being a working mother," while the designer herself tells Britain's Daily Telegraph that she doesn't know the sex of her baby. "I want it to be a natural thing. I want the surprise."

It appears McCartney was inspired by impending motherhood when designing her new collection. Recognizable for its loose and airy ambience, the line featured billowing drawstring smocks and A-line tunics ? all perfect for flattering a growing tummy.

Posted Image

STELLA MCCARTNEY & ALASDHAIR WILLIS

Designer Stella McCartney, 33, chose her fashion show in Paris earlier this month to reveal to pals (including Gwyneth Paltrow) that she and husband Alasdhair Willis, a former magazine publisher, are expecting their first child in the spring. And McCartney doesn't plan to leave the fashion biz behind when baby arrives: She's "looking forward to being a working mother," says a rep.

STELLA GETS A YOKO GOPage SixYOKO Ono may hate Paul McCartney - but she holds no grudges against his daughter, Stella. During an interview with Pat O'Brien for "The Insider," O'Brien noticed Ono was wearing Stella McCartney sunglasses. Ono replied: "Ah yes, I love her because I know her from before she was born so to speak, and she was a good friend of Sean's, and to me the kids are nice. Stella, I just bless and get some stuff from her place. She is doing a great job."

popbitch.comA very pregnant Stella McCartney was spotted onSaturday at the Electric restaurant, Notting Hill...demanding a seat in the smoking section.

Stella McCartney Welcomes a Baby Boy

Friday Feb 25, 2005 12:00pm EST

By Bryan Alexander

people.com

Fashion designer Stella McCartney has given birth to a baby boy, PEOPLE has learned.

"Stella and Alasdhair Willis are thrilled to announce the birth of their healthy and happy baby boy born in the early hours of February 25th in London," the couple said in a statement.

The couple's rep tells PEOPLE: "Both mother and father are thrilled with the news."

McCartney, 33, wed Willis, 34, a former magazine publisher, in August 2003. This is the couple's first child. McCartney's father is former Beatle Paul McCartney.

The timing of the birth was not ideal. Stella McCartney is set to show her latest collection in Paris on Thursday. It's not known yet whether she'll be able to attend her show, but the show will go on either way.

"Stella McCartney's show will proceed as scheduled on Thursday morning in Paris. Stella worked on and was able to complete the collection before giving birth," says her rep.

Stella's father, Paul, 62, and his second wife Heather Mills, 37, have a 16-month-old daughter, Beatrice. Stella's mother, Linda McCartney, died of breast cancer in 1998.

Stella and Alasdhair tied the knot in August 2003 at Mount Stuart, a 300-acre estate on the Scottish Isle of Bute. The lavish wedding was decorated with three truckloads worth of white English Beauty roses from Holland and a 10-minute fireworks display. Guests in attendance included Madonna, Liv Tyler, Kate Moss and bridesmaid Gwyneth Paltrow.

Stella McCartney's Baby Gets Family Name

Tuesday Mar 01, 2005 9:00am EST

By Bryan Alexander

people.com

It's almost all in the family for Stella McCartney and her new son, Miller Alasdhair James Willis.

The fashion designer and her husband, Alasdhair Willis, turned to the McCartney family for the boy's third name, PEOPLE reports.

Stella, the daughter of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney, has a grandfather named James Paul McCartney, and a brother named James Louis McCartney. However, it was not clear where the name Miller originated. A representative for McCartney would not comment on the name.

Miller Alasdhair James Willis was born Feb. 25 in London. He weighed 7 lbs., 7 oz., and his mother is still recovering at an undisclosed hospital in the city. McCartney, 33, is unveiling a new line of clothing for 2006, which will show in Paris on Thursday.

"The Stella McCartney show will proceed as scheduled Thursday in Paris," her rep said, "even though Stella can't be physically present to take a bow."

McCartney is expected to be on maternity leave following her release from the hospital.

people.com

DESIGNED: Stella McCartney is joining veteran Karl Lagerfeld on the roster of fashion stars attached to the Swedish retailing giant H&M, with the British-based McCartney creating a 40-piece collection for selected stores in Europe and North America, H&M says on its Web site. This will be a one-time-only line. "Designing a one-off collection for H&M is one of the most exciting and innovative ways to introduce my clothes to a broader range of women," McCartney, 35, said in a statement. Unlike Lagerfeld, whose collection was co-ed, McCarney's label will be for women only.

EOnline.com

TUNING UP: Paul McCartney releasing his first studio album in four years, Chaos And Creation in the Back Yard, on Sept. 13. The album's release coincides with the Sept. 16 kickoff of McCartney's fall tour.

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY's brother has been charged with sexual assault after allegedly groping a waitress. MIKE McCARTNEY, a 61-year-old father of six, was arrested when police were called to a party held in the upstairs room of a public house. A waitress at the party claimed he had fondled her bottom. Mike denies the charge, saying, "I have been waiting for this to come up in court for a year and I want to clear my name. It's all very upsetting." Mike pleaded not guilty at Chester Magistrates Court in northern England last week

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...603000&p=y9z6...

=192603878

Mills McCartney loses leg after row with J-Lo's guards

15/09/2005 - 08:09:31

Paul McCartney's wife Heather Mills McCartney lost her prosthetic leg during

a violent confrontation with security guards at Jennifer Lopez's New York

office.

The incident happened on Tuesday as the model turned animal rights activist

attempted to deliver a People For The Ethical Treatment Of Animals (PETA)

DVD showing creatures being killed for fur to Lopez, following a

demonstration at which the 37-year-old pleaded with fans to boycott the

superstar's music, movies and clothes because she uses fur in her fashion

range, Sweetface.

After striding into the building opposite Manhattan's Bryant Park,

accompanied by an entourage of journalists and photographers, McCartney

Mills - who lost a leg after being hit by a car in 1993 - was confronted by

burley minders who yelled: "You have no authority to be here.

"Get out! Leave the floor immediately!"

In the tussle that ensued, Mills McCartney's prosthetic leg became detached.

She bent down and clutched her knee in pain, before asking to use a bathroom

so she could reattach the leg.

Guards refused and she was forced to cling onto a photographer as she

carried out the humiliating task on a stairwell.

Photographer Richard Corkery tells 25hoursonline.com: "I saw her touch her

knee and I could see she was in pain. She limped to the ladies room but it

was locked. I found another door open. It led on to the stairwell. At least

she could have a private moment, which is what she needed."

According to 25hoursonline.com, Lopez's guards continued to verbally attack

the group - screaming: "Call the cops! Call the cops!" - until Mills

McCartney recovered her composure and was able to leave the building.

I saw some footage of this event (before the scuffle). She was ruthless, talking all kinds of shit. She should not be surprised it escallated as fast as it did.

THE BEATLES legend SIR PAUL McCARTNEY rediscovered his passion for songwriting after performing in New York City in aid of victims of September 11 (01). The HEY JUDE star was considering turning his back on his illustrious career - but the response of people affected by the terrorist attacks to his music made McCartney realise he still has much to offer the world. He says, "9/11 was really the beginning of it all. Before that I was wondering if I wanted to tour again, dabbling a bit, then 9/11 happened. "It reawakened something in me. In one way it led to everything that has happened since, the tour of America, Live 8, all that." (RH/WNSOB/SC)

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY is unfazed by the prospect of being stalked, even though his former THE BEATLES bandmates JOHN LENNON and GEORGE HARRISON were subjected to savage attacks by crazed fans. Lennon was shot dead by MARK CHAPMAN outside his apartment building in New York City in 1980, while Harrison was fortunate to survive a knife attack at his English mansion in 1999 But brave McCartney refuses to become a paranoid superstar and lock himself away from the world - he believes fate determines the timing of his death. He says, "I never get worried about things like that - it wouldn't stop me doing what I do. When your time's up, your time's up. Who knows when that is?" (NSD/WNTSU/SC)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

McCartney's Stage Surprise

Sir Paul McCartney left the audience at his Saturday show in Tampa, Fla.,

fearing for his life when he fell through an open trap door on the St.

Petersburg Times Forum's stage.

The former Beatle tripped and fell through the gaping hole onto his grand

piano -- which was meant to rise up onto stage when McCartney performed his

new song, "Fine Line."

Despite injuring his elbow in the five foot tumble, McCartney saw the funny

side and stood on the piano stool so he could talk to the audience.

He joked, "There's a big hole in the stage and I just fell into it. Well, we

were expecting this to happen and it happened. I don't care."

He quipped the audience got "extra value" for their money.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/93782004.htm

Sir Paul McCartney Hits Out At Robbie Williams

September 20, 2005, 6:50:56 McCARTNEY SLAMS MADONNA AND ROBBIE

SIR PAUL McCARTNEY can't stand the music of MADONNA and ROBBIE WILLIAMS,

despite respecting the artists as nice people.

The former BEATLE shared the stage with the MATERIAL GIRL and ex-TAKE THAT

hunk at the London Live 8 earlier this year (02JUL05).

After Williams' song ANGELS was named Best Song of the past 25 years at

February's (05) Brit Awards, McCartney says, "I wasn't that convinced by

Angels winning the best song of the last 25 years.

"I think for an ex-boy group person, he's done well. He makes pretty good

records for his audience. But I'm not a Robbie fan."

Despite admitting he has met Madonna several times, McCartney's is far from

enamoured with her music, saying, "I've met her and she's a pretty cool

person, but her records have never really turned me on."

Posted Image

Sir Paul McCartney has confessed he "talks" to his guitar when he's feeling down. The Beatles legend, who is married to model Heather Mills, admits he uses songwriting as a form of therapy.

He revealed: "There's this sort of therapy aspect in songwriting sometimes, and that's one of the reasons I love it. "If I'm feeling really low, I'll take my guitar into the darkest corner I can find in the house, sit with it, and talk to the guitar, explain it all to the guitar. And it works. You come out of there and it's magical."

Earlier this week, McCartney was left injured after falling down an open trapdoor during a concert. The legendary musician plunged down the hole, from which a grand piano was set to emerge, during a performance in Florida injuring his elbow and back. McCartney, 63, had to be helped up by concerned stage hands but bravely carried on. He told the 18,000-strong crowd: "There's a big hole in the stage and I just fell into it. A word to the stage crew, I want a big fence around here tomorrow. We ought to construct a picket fence, that would look nice!"

Former THE BEATLES star SIR PAUL McCARTNEY is collaborating with Motown legend STEVIE WONDER more than 20 years after their hit single EBONY AND IVORY stormed the charts. The talented duo's latest project, A TIME TO LOVE, is also the title of Wonder's recent album - his first in ten years. An industry source tells British newspaper the Daily Express, "Paul and Stevie obviously go back a few years and have had major commercial success in the past. "The record company is keeping its fingers crossed that their latest collaboration follows suit." (SH/WNTEX/SC)

(Handbag.com)Heather's Horror At Supermodel HypocrisyAnimal rights campaigner Heather Mills McCartney has attacked supermodels Linda Evangelista, Cindy Crawford and Naomi Campbell for "selling their souls to the fur trade".The wife of Sir Paul McCartney was enraged to learn the fashion icons have sported real fur on the catwalk, despite having previously backed anti-fur protests.The former model, who works closely with People For the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta), fumes, "Cindy Crawford famously supported Peta's 'I'd rather go naked than wear fur' campaign, but has now sold her soul to the fur trade, as have Linda Evangelista and Naomi Campbell."These are models who were fully informed of the cruelty involved when they joined the campaign against fur, but who then decided to take the money and rejoin the industry that murders animals."Do they really need that cash? Are they broke? Do they live in a shed?" © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

(Handbag.com)Mills-McCartney Calls On Clooney And Pals For Fur War VideoSir Paul McCartney's activist wife is calling on George Clooney, Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom to help her stamp out fur wearing in Hollywood in a new public service announcement.Heather Mills-McCartney is shocked by the amount of stars who ignore the horrors behind fur coats and scarves because they fear they don't look glamorous without dead animals on their backs.And, in an effort to send out a powerful message, the Brit wants to record a commercial with the world's leading men.She says, "I want them to say to camera, 'Only ugly, stupid women wear fur. Be happy in your own skin.'"These women (who wear fur) are not educated, they're thick and they've got no class... These people just want to totally separate it from their heads."Mills-McCartney insists this is the only way to get the message across because stars like Jennifer Lopez, who includes fur designs in her Sweetface fashion range, constantly ignore letters sent by animal welfare groups urging her to boycott animal pelts.The former model even visited Lopez's New York offices last month (SEP05) with People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals activists in a bid to confront the diva.She says, "We've sent letters to her for three years: 'Please would you watch this video? Please would you watch these animals being skinned alive that are used for your fur line... You're encouraging other people to think fur is fashionable and that means more animals are being skinned alive every day."After three years of all the animal rights organisations writing to her, what else can you do except go and hand deliver something to her office." © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

(Handbag.com)McCartney Shocked By Mills' Beatles IgnoranceSir Paul McCartney was amazed by his wife Heather's ignorance of his musical achievements.Heather, 37, wasn't born when The Beatles were at their peak, but McCartney, 63, still expected her to have heard of his songs.He tells the New York Daily News, "Once Get Back was playing somewhere. She sort of recognised my voice and said, 'Is this you?' I said, 'Yes, darling. It's called Get Back. It's quite famous.'" © Copyright World Entertainment News Network.

(Pagesix.com)ANIMAL SAINT IT'S well known that Paul McCartney takes his animal activism seriously. His daughter, fashion designer Stella McCartney, is famous for not using animal products, and wife Heather Mills even joined in by storming Jennifer Lopez's office to protest her fashion collection's use of fur. But when he was tuning up for his current concert tour, McCartney took it a little far. Rehearsing at Miami's AmericanAirlines Arena, a source shared that the former Beatle forced management to remove all animal products from the premises, all the way down to the meats in concession stand freezers. Reps for the arena did not return calls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------(APNews.com)Yoko Ono Appears to Slight Paul McCartneyYoko Ono picked up an award on behalf of John Lennon and appeared to take a dig at his former Beatles bandmate Paul McCartney. Accepting the special trophy at the Q Awards, Ono said Lennon had sometimes felt insecure about his songs, asking why "they always cover Paul's songs and never mine." "I said, `You're a good songwriter, it's not June with Spoon that you write. You're a good singer, and most musicians are probably a little bit nervous about covering your songs,'" she said Monday. McCartney has sometimes clashed with Ono, Lennon's widow. She objected when McCartney reversed the traditional "Lennon-McCartney" songwriting credit on his 2002 album, "Back in the U.S." Ono's spokesman accused him of attempting to "rewrite history." McCartney had earlier complained that Ono wouldn't let him take credit for "Yesterday," a song written entirely by McCartney. Oasis took the best album trophy and the people's choice prize at the awards, sponsored by British music magazine Q. Coldplay was named best act in the world.

Yoko Ono was a pain in the ass in her day. Broke up a marriage, broke up The Beatles, she thought herself as a serious artist, and a good singer! The album Double Fantasy was incredible, but Yoko singing ....LMAO when I think about it!

Edited by desperatelyseekingthetruth