Sign in to follow this  
princess

David Schwimmer

Schwimmer To Wed?imdb.comDavid Schwimmer is poised to become the next Friends star to wed, according to pals. The 37-year-old actor, who plays Ross Geller on the hit sitcom, has proposed to girlfriend Carla Alapont, and the two are secretly putting their wedding plans together. A source tells America's The Globe magazine, "They don't want to wait too long to get married. They told me it will be early in the new year." Schwimmer's past romances have included Natalie Imbruglia, lawyer Sarah Trimble and Stargate star Mili Avital.

SCHWIMMER SINGLE?January 05, 2004Star OnlineFriends star David Schwimmer, 35, seems to be back to his single ways after a Thanksgiving meltdown with his girlfriend of nearly one-and-a-half years, Carla Alapont, 26. He was reportedly ready to walk down the aisle but has taken a step back after eyewitnesses tell Star the pair had a blow-up at Chi nightclub Nov. 26. David's since been out looking for love and on Dec. 9 he was at L.A. hot spot Cafe Veneto with pal Joey Slotnick. David chatted up his busty, five-foot-eleven, strawberry- blonde waitress, Lynnea, an actress/ model/dancer/singer. Spies tell Star he couldn't take his eyes off her clingy black tee labeled "Extravergine." His rep declined to comment.

Page SixWE HEAR . . THAT DAVID Schwimmer keeps calling his ex-girlfriend Gina Lee, lead singer of punkers Unisex Salon, even though she has a new beau, Scott Meola of the Sons of Sound ? and Meola's getting annoyed by Schwimmer's persistence. . .

Schwimmer Threatened To Leave London Show Former Friends star David Schwimmer threatened to storm off stage on the opening night of his London play Some Girl(s) - because he spotted a paparazzo photographing him during a semi-naked scene. Schwimmer complains the snapper ruined his West End debut in Neil LaBute's play, by taking non-stop pictures from in the stalls of the Gielgud Theatre in a sequence which involved the 38-year-old stripping down to his underwear. He says, "I was the only person who saw him and because I am on stage all the time I couldn't tell anyone, but I was willing to walk off." When asked if he thought the photographer had purposely come to catch him in his boxer shorts, he replied, "I don't know, but if he did, he needed a giant lens." http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2005-05-27/

David Schwimmer romancing Sabine SinghDavid Schwimmer has sparked rumours of romance with actress Sabine Singh. The former 'Friends' actor and the blonde beauty, who has appeared in hit TV shows 'Dawson's Creek' and 'Charmed', openly cuddled and canoodled at New York nightspot Employees Only.Onlookers claim the apparently smitten pair also had their tarot cards read together and shared a cocktail through one straw.Last month, David was romancing British beauty Nicole Miller. The handsome star, who recently starred in West End play 'Some Girls', fell for the stunning brunette - who works as a marketing manager for upmarket store Harrods - after spotting her in a London pub.

people.comIt's been two years since Central Perk served its last latte, which means that right about now, Ross and Rachel, toddler Emma in tow, would probably be joining Chandler and Monica in the 'burbs. But David Schwimmer – who played Ross Geller on Friends – is back in New York City, making his Broadway debut May 7 in the WWII military drama The Caine Mutiny Court-Martial. During a break from rehearsals, the actor spoke with PEOPLE's Alexis Chiu about keeping up with his Friends, planning for fatherhood and turning – no way! – 40. THE ANTI-ROSS Although he's a theater vet who has acted onstage in Chicago and London, "there's a certain amount of healthy terror" in making his Broadway bow, says Schwimmer – "Schwim" to his pals. To prepare for his role as a U.S. Navy attorney in the play based on the 1951 Herman Wouk novel, Schwimmer sought input from his parents, retired lawyers Arthur and Arlene, both 65. "This character is incredibly intense, smart and straight-ahead, instead of a soft, wet puppy like Ross," says Schwimmer's pal and castmate Joe Sikora. "This guy will slice you down. People are gonna be shocked." FADING FRIENDS "I like having some distance from that 10-year chapter – I can appreciate it more," Schwimmer says of leaving Friends behind. "Do I miss it? I miss the rehearsal process with that group of actors and writers. I miss the joking around, the friendships." As for keeping in touch, "I talked to Courteney (Cox Arquette) today, but I haven't seen her in quite a while. Had lunch with Matt LeBlanc last week. Ran into Matt Perry a few weeks ago at a party. It's when we can. Everyone's got such different lives, both personally and professionally. It's tough." MONEY MATTERS "There's nothing I do now that I don't feel incredibly passionate about," the actor says of his savings from those $1 million-per-episode Friends paychecks – including helping a pal produce his first short film. He also supports his longtime cause, the Rape Treatment Center of Santa Monica, as well as the Lookingglass Theatre Company in Chicago, which he cofounded in 1988. Schwimmer also acted on the London stage last year in the drama Some Girl(s). One big post-Friends splurge: "I finally found a great apartment in New York and spent some time doing it from the ground up. I looked at it as a big creative art project." CARD SHARK Acknowledging that his friends tease him for being "so competitive – at everything," Schwimmer deals into a regular Monday-night poker game in L.A. and is eager to join buddy Hank Azaria's game in Manhattan. Another talent? "He's a major dancer," says actress Saffron Burrows, a friend. "He's got a cute little bum wiggle." THE DADDY TRACK Because of his frequent travels, his year-and-a-half relationship with model (and a runner-up for Miss Hawaii in 2005) Rochelle Ovitt, 27, "has been off and on," says Schwimmer. (It's currently on.) Approaching a milestone birthday – he'll turn 40 on Nov. 2 – he's thinking hard about the future. "I still want to work with people like (director) Mike Nichols," he says. Also, "I would love a dog. I think it's gonna have to wait until I settle down and have a family." When might that be? "It will happen when it feels right," he says. "Maybe part of me is waiting for myself to slow down a little and be ready to stay put. I’m confident it's gonna happen."

Posted Image

IT'S just like Friends: The One Where Ross And Rachel Kiss...

This time it's for real—I can reveal DAVID SCHWIMMER's fallen for a waitress.

The former Friends man—living in England while he directs his first movie—has been dating Zoe Buckman for two months.

Cuckoo

The 33-year-old brunette works at celeb hangout the Cuckoo Club as a £15-an-hour drinks waitress and is said to be cuckoo about millionaire David, 40.

My spy told me: "David's always seeing loads of girls but he's stuck with Zoe for a few weeks now. He definitely fancies her like mad."

The couple were snapped together this week at London's posh Aura club.

They had planned to see Brits winner AMY WINEHOUSE at Shepherd's Bush Empire.

But when the troubled singer cancelled, David whisked Zoe off for a night on the town instead. The couple danced and drank champagne on a private table with pals, including actress SAFFRON BURROWS.

A club insider said: "They were snuggled up in a booth and were clearly into each other, talking closely and holding hands.

"And when they danced to some sexy R&B tracks it got close and very, very steamy." For years David raked it in playing geek Ross in Friends who falls in love with JENNIFER ANISTON's character Rachel in the US hit sitcom. Now he's crafting a career directing movies and has been in London for several months filming the rom-com Run, Fat Boy, Run.

A pal of Zoe last night confirmed: "Zoe's been spilling the beans. She says he's as funny as Ross but has sophistication and sex appeal too."

Well, things certainly seem to be going Schwimmingly for them.

'Joshua' premiere is adults only

Posted Image

Josh Hartnett and David Schwimmer turned out Tuesday for the premiere of "Joshua," a creepy-kid flick set on the upper East Side (where, let's face it, they belong).

But while Vera Farmiga, Dallas Roberts and Celia Weston from the film walked the red carpet, absent were Sam Rockwell and the malevolent title character, played by 12-year-old Jacob Kogan.

(Spoiler warning: Stop reading now if you want to see the film!)

So where was this demon child, who frames his dad, messes with his mom's medication, crushes on his gay uncle and pushes his grandmother to her death down the steps of the Brooklyn Museum of Art?

"Oh, he has summer camp," shrugged a publicist.

http://www.nydailynews.com/gossip/bwiddicombe/index.html

Ross Thinks British Food Sucks

http://www.dlisted.com/

I know it's a Holiday weekend and all, but damn this news day has been BLEAK. I don't think most of you care, since some of you are probably already drunk. I envy you. Anyway, this is why I bring you a quote from David Schwimmer on British food.

He told a British journalist, "You guys deep-fry everything. Even healthy British food like Shepherd's Pie makes you put on 20 pounds after every meal."

Ironically, Ross is out promoting his new movie "Run, Fat Boy Run" which he shot in London.

The thing is British food is amazing, because lots of things are fried and you know how I feel about that. There's a British joint by my house that deep fries Mars bars and I can eat that crap for breakfast.

Ross also comes from the damn U.S. so he shouldn't talk about unhealthy food. I think we might have invented it. Where else can you get Cinnamon Roll French Toast?! That shit is delicious. Fried upon fried.

Posted Image

I mean, his opinions are his own and fine, if that's how he feels, but isn't the point that most foods you eat put 20 lbs on you (hence that's why they have calorie counts on them) and you kind of, umm, have to exercise most foods off?

We do have a lot of fried food but there is an enormous selection of food in the UK, my god you can't move for sushi bars, Indian and Thai restaurants, Italian, Chinese and everything in between, many of these places combining these dishes with some British item or influence (fusion of one kind or other). The selection is vast. You don't have to stick to Battie's Pie Shop, David! :D

Like a lot of soundbytes he may have been tongue-in-cheek and it's quoted as sounding nastier than it actually is. :wacko:

David Schwimmer Quits Acting

David Schwimmer has turned his back on acting - to concentrate on his career as a director. The former Friends star is enjoying life behind the camera after making his directorial debut with Run, Fatboy, Run.

The 41-year-old - who earned $40 million from his 10-year stint as Ross Geller on the beloved TV sitcom - admits he was so involved in the process of making the Simon Pegg comedy, he didn't even consider taking a starring role in the film.

He says, "I really didn't think about acting in it - I just want to focus all my energy into one thing, directing."

/WENN

David Schwimmer Is Engaged!

David Schwimmer and Zoe Buckman are more than just Friends: The couple have announced they'll soon be husband and wife.

Schwimmer, 43, and Buckman, 24, are engaged, his rep confirmed to Entertainment Weekly Sunday.

The actor, who shot to fame playing Dr. Ross Gellar on Friends, reportedly met Buckman, a photographer, while he was in London directing the 2007 flick Run Fatboy Run.

This will be the first marriage for both Schwimmer and Buckman.

Source People