princess

Johnny Depp

So...My daughter and I walk into our local sub shop to get, what else, subs and as we walk up to the counter this guy looks up and my heart stopped beating! The guy looked exactly like Johnny Depp! (even the hair, it was pulled back and had the piece of hair hanging in his face.):P I managed to order my sandwich, get my toppings and pay for it all. While we were eating I kept looking back at the guy thinking "Damn, he could do Johnny impersonations.". I didn't say a word to my daughter because she's 12 and already thinks I'm nuts, and I really didn't want to hear her say "Gawd Mom, he DOES NOT look like Johnny Depp!". But I finally broke down and told her and she said "I thought the same thing!" LOL! I so wanted to tell the guy he's in the wrong line of work. I guess everyone really does have a twin. :D Think I'll be going back for subs often. ;)

Posted on EOnline.com's celeb sightings where anyone can post who they saw: Johnny Depp Erika (Mar 16, 2004, 04:29 PM)A few friends and I were walking through a small town in France and we saw Johnny in a cafe. We got his autograph and he gave me a kiss on the cheek.

EOnline.com HERE'S JOHNNY! Already set to play Willy Wonka in helmer Tim Burton's update of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Johnny Depp pulling double duty and signing on to provide the lead voice in The Corpse Bride, the new stop-motion animated flick the filmmaker's co-directing with Tim Johnson.

histar.comJohnny Depp is signing all the paperwork for the ISLAND he just bought. Yes, Depp bought a mile long island in the Bahamas for close to $3.5 million. The island is about 60 miles south of Nassau. There are only 6 sandy white beaches and a central lagoon surrounded by palm trees, so don't feel bad.

Depp's Movie Tentimdb.comHollywood star Johnny Depp has turned his movie trailer on the set of new movie Charlie And The Chocolate Factory into a $450,000 "Bedouin tent". The actor, who is currently filming the Tim Burton -directed remake on location in Hertfordshire, England, was reportedly unhappy with the monster trailer - his home for the duration of the shoot. So he asked for all the fixtures and fittings to be removed and replaced with silk and satin drapes, huge cushions, animal hide rugs and incense burners, reports British newspaper The Sun - and set designers at Pinewood Studios have been called in to carry out a complete makeover. A set insider tells The Sun, "Johnny already has the biggest trailer on set but wasn't happy with it. He's a real hippy at heart and he wanted his trailer to look like a Bedouin tent."

JOHNNY DEPP: NEW LORD OF THE MANOR!July 15, 2004 Provided by: [star Online]We already knew Johnny Depp was a Francophile, and now it's safe to call him an Anglophile too. Depp, 41, fell for a $4.7 million Georgian estate in picturesque Rye, East Sussex, during a trip to the U.K. in May, says a source. Depp famously ditched Hollywood a few years ago for a quieter life in France with his French actress girlfriend Vanessa Paradis, 31, and their two children, Lily Rose, 5, and Jack, 2. Now it is believed Depp will buy the three-story, seven-bedroom English mansion, complete with a pool on 45 acres of land. "Rye would be wellsuited for Mr. Depp," says a source. "I understand he has a fondness for traditional England, and it is almost as though Rye is stuck in time."There's plenty that Depp likes about the U.K. -- he dated British supermodel Kate Moss, and based his character in Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl on Keith Richards of the Rolling Stones. So maybe it's high time for Depp to call jolly ol' England home.

Depp Crashes Sports Car Into Gateimdb.comJohnny Depp is facing a $18,000 bill after wrecking his brand-new Mercedes by reversing into the gates of his French villa. The Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl actor, 41, sped the $28,000 sporty motor up to the electric gates outside his home in Plan De La Tour on the Cote D'Azur - before smashing into them as he reversed. A source says, "We saw Johnny pull up outside his house going at quite a speed. He put the car in reverse but can't have paying attention because he drove straight into the side of the gate. He knocked the gates' electric motor straight off the wall and left an almighty dent in the back of the car. Judging by the look on his face he got quite a fright. Once he got out of the Mercedes he started cursing himself for being so stupid."

"THERE was a woman in a restaurant who asked what her parents did. Lily Rose [his 5-year-old daughter] said, 'My mommy's a singer. My daddy's a pirate.' "

---- Johnny Depp on his role in "Pirates of the Caribbean." (Page Six)

Awwweee!! :wub:

DEPP'S WINE ANONYMITY

sfgate.com

Movie actor Johnny Depp tasted anonymity for a moment recently -- when he went unrecognized at an exclusive wine connoisseurs' dinner.

The star was invited to the private meal after making a purchase at wine merchants Berry Brothers & Rudd, who also count British monarch Queen Elizabeth II as one of their clients.

A company spokesperson says, "He dropped in one day and spent 45 minutes here discussing wines with one of our salesmen.

"Then he made his purchases. I can't disclose details of what he bought, but he was invited back later to a private dinner."

And a number of fellow diners at the plush meal failed to recognize the superstar's identity.

An insider says, "It was hilarious. He spent half the evening telling men who didn't recognize him that his name was Johnny, and that he was an actor."

Depp Hands Over Viper Room to Missing Partner's Daughter

imdb.com

Johnny Depp reportedly gave up his co-ownership of trendy Los Angeles nightclub The Viper Room following the controversy of his missing ex-partner. Depp has been caught up in the scandal surrounding the disappearance of businessman Anthony Fox , who went missing two years ago, and hasn't been heard of since. Now, as part of a legal settlement, Depp has quietly handed over his ownership of the trendy club to Fox's daughter, who plans to sell the Sunset Strip club. Sources close to Depp claim the movie star lost interest in the club in recent years after his friend River Phoenix died outside The Viper Room in 1993.

Wow. :blink: Wonder what will happen to the Viper Room now.

Depp Defends Iraq Commentsimdb.comHollywood heart-throb Johnny Depp insists he never called America "dumb" for starting the war in Iraq. The Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl star caused a furor in his native America last year when German magazine Stern reported he said the country was "a dumb puppy that has big teeth". In the latest edition of Vanity Fair magazine, Depp explains, "I would never insult the American people. I used the metaphor of a puppy dog, but I never said ignorant puppy dog. I said it's a very young country compared to old Europe, or Asia." Depp admits he received a barrage of hate mail from "right wing military types". He says, "If I want to say that I don't agree with the president's choices or words or intentions, so what? Even if I had said what they printed - which I didn't - what's the big deal?"

Anyone else see the Vanity Fair cover? It just looks weird..he has some kind of half smirk that is just not working. Everything else looks fine..just the facial expression is not flattering.

Anyone else see the Vanity Fair cover?

I didn't recognize him! He must be going through a new phase. Artists! LOL.

Oooh, not a good pic of him

Posted Image

JOHNNY BE GOOD

Johnny Depp is a stand-up guy at the Actors' Fund of America's annual gala at New York City's Waldorf-Astoria hotel Saturday. The Finding Neverland actor was honored there with the Lee Strasberg Artistic Achievement Award.