Sign in to follow this  
sanlee

Akon

panachereport.com

R&B star Akon has ruled out becoming the next president of Senegal - after watching the dangers the fictional US leader on TV drama "24," went through.

The singer currently acts as an ambassador to Senegalese President Abdoulaye Wade on issues relating to young people, and once had dreams of succeeding the current premier.

But after watching President David Palmer, who is played by Dennis Haysbert, being murdered in season five of the TV series.

Akon no longer harbors the ambition to lead his native country. He says, "I don't even want to be president no more.

Remember, back then I used to say I wanted to run for president in the next 10 years? Now I'm like, 'Never.' I see what I have to go through as an artist, on a day-to-day basis.

Can you imagine what the president goes through? "Then after watching 24 the series, I was like man... I'm good. I'll just be the ambassador."

Akon & Verizon Wireless Team up for Innovative V CAST TV Campaign

NEW YORK-(Business Wire) - Multi-talented global superstar Akon and mobile communications favorite Verizon Wireless are partnering together on an innovative new integrated marketing campaign to promote Verizon Wireless' V CAST services and mobile music capabilities on Verizon Wireless handsets. The global superstar Akon will be the first music artist to "act" in a Verizon Wireless TV Ad.

The multi-platform campaign will feature an exclusive new track from Akon, titled "Easy Road." "Easy Road" is available to V CAST mobile customers only, enabling them to purchase the full length track, as well as a ringback tone and mastertone version of the song. Music and artwork from Akon's platinum-selling album Konvicted will also be featured in Verizon Wireless stores, as well as becoming a component featured on Verizon Wireless handsets. Adding his own unique flair to Verizon Wireless' trendsetting blend of music and technology, the partnership is expected to heighten the already formidable profile of V CAST with music fans.

"Akon has emerged as one of the world's most compelling and exciting stars," stated Vice President of Marketing and New Media for Verizon, John Harrobin. "His commitment to his artistry and the community enables us to take our partnership with music industry innovators in yet another direction by collaborating on this unique TV advertising campaign."

Recently, Akon participated in a special Verizon Wireless event celebrating Black History month and coinciding with the launch of a new Verizon Wireless store in Harlem, NY. The event included a rare private performance by the charismatic singer/songwriter at the Soundstage of Harlem's historic Apollo Theatre for 200 lucky Verizon Wireless customers who were rewarded for their loyalty and support of Akon's mobile music content.

Fans will also be able to catch Akon live on stage when he joins Gwen Stefani on "The Sweet Escape Tour", which hits the road on April 22nd. Akon's sophomore masterpiece Konvicted has hovered around the peak of the Billboard Top Albums chart for weeks, out-performing the best and brightest that contemporary music has to offer. The album, features smash hits such as "I Wanna Love You" with Snoop Dogg (15 weeks in the Top 10) and the Grammy-nominated "Smack That," featuring Eminem (nearly 4 months in the Top 15). The two songs have moved more than 3 million ringtones, with "Smack That" snagging Akon his first Grammy nod.

Konvicted has become the breakthrough album of the year around the globe, rocketing towards platinum status in the UK, France, Canada, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand.

"Smack That" has already hit #1 in the UK, France, Australia and New Zealand. With the success of his debut release, Trouble and the #1 international smash "Lonely," Akon has been certified gold or platinum in more than a dozen countries. For updates the Verizon Wireless campaign and other news involving the star, please log on to his website www.Akononline.com.

Akon's Sophomore Album 'Konvicted' Certified Double Platinum

Konvicted has become the breakthrough album of the year around the globe, rocketing towards platinum in the UK, France, Canada, South Africa, Ireland and New Zealand. "Smack That" has already hit #1 in the UK, France, Australia and New Zealand. With the success of his debut release, Trouble and the #1 international smash "Lonely," Akon has been certified gold or platinum in more than a dozen countries. Akon's life story has also become one of the most inspirational music sagas in recent memory, turning his life around after a stint in prison by pursuing a career in music, notching millions in albums sales since his seminal debut album Trouble.

The RIAA has certified SRC/Universal Motown's global superstar Akon's sophomore album Konvicted, double platinum. At the same time, the trailblazing Senegalese star is gracing the cover of Vibe Magazine's April issue and is dubbed the 'last hitmaker' by the urban tome. Akon continues to live up to the moniker, propelling his third single from Konvicted, "Don't Matter," to a trio of #2's- Billboard "Hot 100" chart, the Billboard Rhythmic "Top 40" chart and the Billboard "Hot Digital Songs" chart.

Akon was also recently hailed as Cingular's top-selling ringtone artist ever. He is the only artist to have two double platinum ringtones, "Smack That" and "I Wanna Love You."

The charismatic singer/songwriter/producer is currently putting the finishing touches on his new road show where he joins Gwen Stefani on the 38-city tour, one of spring's most anticipated live treks. The Sweet Escape Tour will kick off on April 22 in San Diego at the Coors Amphitheatre and wraps on June 23 in Irvine at the Verizon Wireless Amphitheater. The two stars collaborated recently on Stefani's musical gem "The Sweet Escape," adding to Akon's midas touch as a producer, the song currently peaks at #3 on the Billboard "Hot 100" chart.

Source: TeenMusic.com

panachereport.com

R&B sensation Akon is looking to `out bling' “Guinness World Records,” inductee Lil' Jon by creating the biggest diamond pendant ever. Rapper Lil' Jon made history recently when his 12 pounds, 73 carat Crunk Aint Dead piece earned him a place in the record books.

But Akon, who owns a diamond mine in his native Senegal, is hoping to trump his jewelry rival with a flashing pendant in the shape of Africa.

He tells Rolling Stone Magazine "I got this one piece that definitely will tear the whole game up; it covers my whole stomach. "It's the continent of Africa and the diamonds actually light up... It's crazy. "And the country where I'm from has a little light bulb that constantly flashes.

Mine weighs about 10-to-15 (pounds)... Once I show it off, I'm gonna auction it off and all the proceeds are going to go to my foundation." And Akon insists he'll turn his back on the bling-bling game one he's made the record books with the elaborate piece. He adds, "I'm kinda retiring from the jewelry thing, the whole bling-bling thing... By next year you're gonna see me with a simple watch, a simple necklace."

Mediatakeout.com

RUMOR: IS CHILLI TRYING TO GET WITH AKON???

MediaTakeOut.com has begun to hear whispers that Akon's relationship with R&B singer Chilli may be more than just professional.

Word is that while Akon was working on Chilli's new album, something popped off.

And we definitely believe this rumor. It did seem kind of strange that she was able to get Akon to produce her new album.

Remember what Dallas Austin was saying about female singers and their producers ...

Rapper Akon simulates sex w/ 14yr old

International superstar Akon lived up to his name as he conned seven ladies into dancing onstage during his performance on Thursday night at the Zen nightclub in Port of Spain.

The star from Senegal managed to convince the ladies, who made their way onstage, that they were taking part in a global contest and that they could earn a fabulous grand prize trip to Africa if they won.

The competition was then filmed by Akon's crew and later revealed to be a mere sham for the entertainment of the audience present, and an even greater potential global audience, as he promised to upload the footage onto the popular Internet video website YouTube - Broadcast Yourself..

After performing his string of hit singles, including "Ghetto", "Locked Up", "Soul Survivor" and "I Wanna Love You", Akon requested and secured seven volunteers "to represent Trinidad" in the contest. He claimed that he had done this "everywhere he went", and that "Africa was currently ranked number one", with "Atlanta" and "London" coming in second and third, respectively.

He said: "We've never done this in the Caribbean before, but my DJ assures me that Trinidad has the best winers. Is that true? Well, y'all gotta represent here. Come on up now. Don't be scared."

The star then assured the audience that the local winner would compete in the finals against "Africa". As the contest began, each lady tried to out-wine the other to the sounds of Akon's recent collaboration, "Smack That", which features hip-hop star Eminem.

The crowd roared their approval of the eventual winner, who was then taken two short steps "to Africa" by Akon and promised that she could name her prize herself, if she defeated the best of Africa: none other than Akon himself.

Later on, Akon would have his way with the petite young lady: turning, twisting and even flipping her body, while mimicking sexual positions and acts all over the stage for three consecutive rounds.

His DJ, Virgin Islands native Benny D, even joined in during the second round and together they sandwiched the young lady on the floor of the stage. In the end, Akon declared himself the winner, even though the crowd adjudged that his female volunteer had won the contest.

A prolonged chant from the audience for a soca selection to settle the dispute went unheeded, although the singer did perform a soca-esque version of his latest single.

The African phenomenon, whose latest single, "Don't Matter", is currently ranked number one on the Billboard World Singles Chart, thrilled the capacity audience for just over 40 minutes, but left many patrons disappointed and wanting more of the star from Senegal.

Source: Trinidad News Online

Apparently you can't dry-hump a fourteen year old girl onstage without consequences: Verizon ended its partnership with rapper Akon. (ASL)

Verizon’s Statement About Gwen & Akon’s Tour!

Saturday May 5, 2007 – 3:46 pm

From NoDoubtWeb:

Verizon spokesperson Jim Gerace has claimed that the company made a huge err in judgment by establishing a partnership with Akon. Furthermore, Gerace has asserted that all materials promoting sponsorship of the Gwen Stefani/ Akon tour will soon be destroyed. Akon ring tones have also been removed from the company’s website.

“This week the partnership ended. We have music services on our cell phone service and we were promoting him as one of the artists. The other part of the sponsorship was the tour…We are no longer sponsoring the tour.”

Still no word on how this effects the rest of the tour - stay tuned!

http://www.welovecelebs.com/wp/news/verizo...wen-akons-tour/

Akon Sorry For Dry-Humping Underage Girl

Filed under: Akon

Posted Image

Akon was booted off Gwen Stefani's tour for feeling up a 15 year old. Somebody's missing his Verizon money.

"First, and most important to me, I want to sincerely apologize for the embarrassment and any pain I've caused to the young woman who joined me on-stage, her family and the Trinidad community for the events at my concert in Port of Spain on April 12th.

It was never my intention to embarrass or take advantage of my fans in any way, especially those under the age of 18. That is why we tried to make sure that the club did not admit anyone under 18 in the audience. Somehow, that standard was not met.

Again, I apologize to those concerned and to all my fans and I pledge to all that we will strive to make sure this type of incident does not happen again."

He so didn't write this. He deserves to be booted of that tour. Not because he molested a youngster, but because of the chorus to "The Sweet Escape." That song makes me want to punch myself in the face.

(These are not photos from the incident, but I imagine they were somewhat similar to what happened with the underage girl.)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/09/akon_s...derage_girl.php

Akon's Onstage Jailbait Revealed

Posted May 11th 2007 12:06PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: MySpace

While the dust is settling for Akon after his simulated onstage rape of a 15-year-old Minister's daughter in Trinidad, TMZ has uncovered some racy photos of her -- on the little miss' MySpace page.

Danah Alleyne, or as she call herself on MySpace, "Diva Trixie," claims to be 19 and writes, "I'm a BITCH oh well... ima bitch, ive got class, mess wid me and i'll kick ur ass!!"

A 15-year-old searching for her identity probably shouldn't be looking for it in an 18-and-over club, especially at an Akon concert! Danah has posted a picture from the night of the controversial event, and the caption says, "girls nite out! best time!!" Not quite the way she described the evening to the Trinidad Express.

TMZ isn't taking sides, but this recent discovery raises a few questions ... and eyebrows

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Scandalous. The funny thing about this article is that TMZ has a poll along side that asks "Who's responsible?" and the options are Akon, Danah, Danah's Parents or Akon's Parents. I had to vote for Akon's Parents.... ;)

All AP News

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beyonce Nominated for 6 BET Awards

Beyonce earned a leading six nominations Wednesday for the 2007 BET Awards, including nominations for top female R&B artist, video for "Irreplaceable" and duets with Jay-Z on "Deja Vu" and "Upgrade U."

"Dreamgirls" Oscar winner Jennifer Hudson, R&B singer Ciara, hip-hop's Akon and the group Gnarls Barkley all had three nominations.

The Black Entertainment Television Awards in music, television, film and sports will be presented June 26. Mo'Nique is slated to host the show on cable's BET Network from the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles. Performers include 50 Cent and T.I.

Diana Ross will be honored with BET's Lifetime Achievement Award and Don Cheadle will be given the Humanitarian Award for his efforts at ending genocide in Darfur.

The list of nominees include:

Male Hip Hop: Diddy, Jay-Z, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, T.I.

Collaboration: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Deja Vu"; Beyonce featuring Jay-Z, "Upgrade U"; Diddy featuring Keyshia Cole, "Last Night"; Ludacris featuring Mary J. Blige, "Runaway Love."

Female R&B: Beyonce, Mary J. Blige, Ciara, Jennifer Hudson, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Male R&B: Akon, John Legend, Gerald Levert, Ne-Yo, Robin Thicke.

Group: Gnarls Barkley, Mary Mary, Outkast, Pretty Ricky, Three Six Mafia.

New Artist: Lupe Fiasco, Gnarls Barkley, Jennifer Hudson, MIMS, Corinne Bailey Rae.

Gospel Artist: Shirley Caesar, Kirk Franklin, Fred Hammond, Dave Hollister, Mary Mary.

Video of the Year: Akon featuring Snoop Dogg, "I Wanna Love You"; Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Beyonce & Shakira, "Beautiful Liar"; Ciara, "Like a Boy"; Gnarls Barkley, "Crazy."

Actress: Tichina Arnold, Angela Bassett, Jennifer Hudson, Kerry Washington, Chandra Wilson.

Actor: Idris Elba, Jamie Foxx, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, Forest Whitaker.

Female Athlete: Swin Cash, Tamika Catchings, Gail Devers, Lisa Leslie, Serena Williams.

Male Athlete: Reggie Bush, LeBron James, Floyd Mayweather Jr., Dwyane Wade, Tiger Woods.

BET J Cool Like That award: Gerald Levert, Brian McKnight, Eric Roberson, Musiq Soulchild, Elisabeth Withers.

BET Choice award: Beyonce, "Irreplaceable"; Birdman & Lil Wayne, "Stuntin' Like My Daddy"; Bow Wow featuring Chris Brown, "Shortie Like Mine"; Ciara, "Because of You"; Robin Thicke, "Lost Without You"; UNK "Walk It Out."

___

On the Net:

http://www.bet.com/

AKON:

Akon (born Aliaune Damala Bouga Time Puru Nacka Lu Lu Lu Badara Akon Thiam). Akon often goes by the shorter, Aliaune Thiam, though other sources have said his name is Alioune Badara Thiam. He is the son of jazz percussionist, Mor Thiam. He was born in St. Louis, Missouri but grew up in Senegal until he was seven. He split time between Senegal and the U.S. until he was fifteen, then his family permanently moved to Jersey City, New Jersey and as such he speaks English, French, and Wolof. In Jersey City he attended Snyder High School, where he discovered hip hop music. His first song was entitled "Operations of Nature," which he recorded at age 15. However, he was jailed for armed robbery and drug distribution charges, and used his time in prison to work on his music. Upon release, Akon began writing and recording tracks in his home studio. The tapes found their way to SRC/Universal, which released Akon's debut LP "Trouble," in June 2004. The album is a hybrid of Akon's silky, West African-styled vocals mixed with East Coast and Southern beats.

Akon's solo debut album, Trouble was released on June 29, 2004. It spawned the hit singles "Locked Up" and "Lonely," as well as "Belly Dancer (Bananza)," "Pot Of Gold," and "Ghetto." Akon served a three-year jail sentence for grand theft auto, an experience that inspired his "Locked Up." "Locked Up" reached the top 10 in the U.S. and the top five in the UK. His manager Robert Montanez was shot to death following a dispute in New Jersey in December 2005. "Ghetto" became a radio hit when it was remixed by Green Lantern to include verses from legendary rappers 2Pac and The Notorious B.I.G. In 2005, he released the single "Lonely" (which samples Bobby Vinton's "Mr. Lonely"). The song reached the top five on the Billboard Hot 100, and topped the charts in Australia, the UK and Germany. His album also climbed to number one in the UK in April, 2005. When music channel The Box had a top ten weekly chart, which was calculated by the amount of video requests, Akon's "Lonely" became the longest running single on the top of the chart, spanning over 15 weeks. Akon then released another single featuring with a New Zealand rapper, Savage with the single Moonshine, which had become a success in both New Zealand and Australia, becoming number one in the New Zealand charts. In 2005, Akon gained more popularity after being featured on Young Jeezy's debut album, "Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101," on the song "Soul Survivor" which became a top five hit on the Billboard Hot 100.

Akon's sophomore album, entitled Konvicted, was released on November 14, 2006. Konvicted included collaborations with Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Styles P. Late August 2006, Akon released the single "Smack That" featuring Eminem, from the album. This single peaked at number two on the Billboard Hot 100 for five consecutive weeks. The music video for "Smack That" was directed by Raymond Garced. "I Wanna Love You", the second single off Konvicted, was released in September 2006. It is a collaboration between Akon and Snoop Dogg. This single earned Akon his first number-one single on the Billboard Hot 100, and Snoop's second. "I Wanna Love You" topped the U.S. charts for two consecutive weeks. In January 2007, Akon released his third single "Don't Matter" which earned him his first solo number one and second consecutive Hot 100 chart topper. So far, the album has spawned three hit singles which have peaked within the top two of the Billboard Hot 100. Konvicted debuted at number two on the Billboard 200, selling 286,000 copies in its first week. After only six weeks, Konvicted sold more than one million records in the U.S. and more than 1.3 million worldwide. The album was certified platinum after seven weeks, and after 16 weeks it was certified double platinum. Konvicted has continued to stay in the top twenty of the Billboard 200 after 23 weeks, where it peaked at number two on four different occasions. Currently it has sold more than 2.1 million records in the U.S. and 3.4 million worldwide.

On the week of October 5, 2006, Akon broke a record on the Hot 100, as he achieved the largest climb in the chart's 48-year-history with "Smack That" jumping from number 95 to number seven. The song's monstrous leap is fueled by its number six debut on Hot Digital Songs with 67,000 downloads sold. This record was broken on April 7, 2007 by Beyoncé and Shakira's Beautiful Liar when it jumped from 94 to three on the Hot 100, because of their 150,000 digital downloads on the Hot Digital Songs.

In 2006, Akon started his new record label Kon Live Distribution under Interscope Records. The first artist to sign was Chilli from TLC. Her debut solo album Point of View will be released under Kon Live. Earl Ray has also been signed to the label.

In December 2006, Akon's "Smack That" was nominated for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration at the 49th Annual Grammy Awards, but lost to Justin Timberlake and T.I.'s My Love.

He was featured on Gwen Stefani's latest album, The Sweet Escape. He made an appearance on the title track and second single, "The Sweet Escape". Akon produced the song. On December 10, 2006 both Akon and Stefani appeared as musical guests on Saturday Night Live, however they did not perform the song as Stefani had not yet learned the lyrics. He performed the song live, however, on American Idol on March 28, 2007 due to Stefani's appearance as a coach the night before. "The Sweet Escape" has reached #2 on the Billboard Hot 100.The song reached #1 on United World Chart and is on the top for eight weeks.The song is also Akon's first #1 on World Chart.

Akon collaborated with Chamillionaire on his latest mixtape entitled, Mixtape Messiah 2. He is featured on "Ridin' Overseas", which Akon also produced. The mixtape became available for download on Chamillionaire's website on December 24, 2006.

Akon and Young Jeezy are doing collaborative album together. In 2006, after their 2005 Akon-produced single, "Soul Survivor", the duo said that there is a lot more to expect from them in the future. Jeezy has stated that the album will be somewhat similar to Jay-Z and R. Kelly's The Best of Both Worlds or Unfinished Business collaborative albums.

Akon is set to embark on a world tour in 2007. Starting in Africa, he'll swing through Europe and then to the United States. There is no word yet on supporting acts, but Akon said, "We'll probably get the hottest act in whatever region we're in." When asked about strong rumors that he'll be collaborating with Michael Jackson, Akon laughed, saying, "Right now that's in the air. I can't talk about it." He offers up the same laugh and vague response when queried about working on Elton John's next album. Akon was also effusive about another upcoming collaboration: Whitney Houston. "I'm working on more uptempo records for her," he says. "She's been through a lot and has a dark history. So we've got to make the album brighter because she's come out of the cave now. She wants a celebration. She needs to come back to the old Whitney we remember."

Akon is scheduled to appear on Bone Thugs-N-Harmony's upcoming album Strength and Loyalty. He is featured on the lead single entitled "I Tried", which will be released in February, 2007. The album will be released on May 8, 2007.

Three 6 Mafia's eight studio album, Last 2 Walk is expected to feature guest appearances by Akon in addition to appearances from T.I., Paul Wall, Lil' Scrappy, Young Buck and more. It will be released May 22, 2007.

Akon will lend his production talent to Daddy Yankee's El Cartel: The Big Boss which is due June 5, 2007.

We The Best is the upcoming sophomore album from DJ Khaled, scheduled for release on June 12, 2007. The lead single, "We Takin' Over" will feature T.I., Rick Ross, Fat Joe, Lil Wayne and Birdman as well as Akon.

Akon will make an appearance on Fabolous's upcoming album, From Nothin' to Somethin'. Akon has produced and is featured on "Change Up" which is a possible future single. The album will be released on June 12, 2007.

Akon has recently confirmed in a Rolling Stone interview that he worked with 50 Cent on some tracks for Curtis S.S.K. which is due out on June 19, 2007.

T.I.'s 5th album, T.I. vs. T.I.P., is scheduled for release on July 3, 2007. It will boast production from high profile producers such as Dr. Dre, Eminem, Lil Jon, Just Blaze, Timbaland, as well as Akon. Akon has been confirmed to make a guest appearance on the album.

Go! is the name of Mario's third solo album which will be released on July 17, 2007. Akon has collaborated with Mario on a emotional track called "Do Right" which is about Mario's childhood and growing up in Baltimore. This song was also produced by Akon.

Akon is rumored to make an appearance on Papoose's major label debut album, The Nacirema Dream. Currently the track, "Go to War (Ghetto Soldier)" on which Akon is featured, is tentative. The Nacirema Dream is slated to be released July 2007.

Not for Sale, Kardinal Offishall's fourth solo album, and his first as a member of Konvict Muzik, is scheduled for release in the summer of 2007. The Toronto-based rapper's album will feature established artists such as Lil' Wayne, De La Soul, Clipse, Rihanna and Stat Quo. It is confirmed that Akon will be the executive producer of the album.

In April 2007, Akon drew criticism for "dry-humping" a young girl onstage in Trinidad, as part of a fake contest. The controversy intensified when it was revealed that the girl was 14 years old, despite the club's claim to have an 18-years and over age limit.

Akon is planning to work on a full-length movie titled Illegal Alien. The film is based on some of the events of his life and actor Mekhi Phifer is set to play him. He was also featured on a Verizon Wireless commercial.

In February 2007, Akon launched his clothing line, Konvict Clothing. It features urban streetwear including denim jeans, hoodies, t-shirts and hats. Aliaune is the upscale version, or high-end line, for males and females, which includes blazers, expensive denim jeans and other items.

He was born in St. Louis, Missouri instead of Senegal because his family didn't want to have to go through immigration problems and so he and his siblings could get a better education. He has been in jail for a total of five years. In late 2005, his manager Robert Montanez was killed in a drive by shooting; the album Konvicted is dedicated to him. Akon was also in the car and was shot in the shoulder, however he made a full recovery. He is a Muslim, and is a believer and practitioner of polygamy. This caused some amount of controversy when he first disclosed it on a radio program saying, "I really don’t bite my tongue for anybody and I always felt like if you’re going to be real, you got to be truthful all the way around the board. Lies only make things worse. But it got to a point where my coming out like that ended up being a mistake."He reportedly has three wives.

He drives an orange Lamborghini Gallardo. He also has his own charity for underprivileged children in Africa called Konfidence Foundation. Akon also owns a diamond mine in South Africa and denies the existence of conflict diamonds saying, "I don't even believe in conflict diamonds. That's just a movie. Think about it. Ain't nobody thought no conflict diamonds until the movie came out." He also had a previous occupation as a drug dealer but states that he has never used drugs. He also said that in spite of his previous criminal history, he has turned his life around, as sung in "Tired Of Runnin'." In 2006, he ventured to Africa to play a concert in Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania.

*As we go to press, Akon nor his representatives are commenting on the incident that took place in Trinidad which involved a underage girl being sexually stimulated on stage.

SOURCE: Panachereport.com

Akon threw fan from NY stage

FISHKILL, N.Y. -

Police are looking into a clash between Akon and a concertgoer that ended with the R&B star tossing the teen off the stage and onto another spectator who said she suffered a concussion.

Audience members said the trouble started when a spectator lobbed something at Akon during a concert Sunday at Dutchess Stadium and the 34-year-old singer asked the crowd to point out the culprit. A security guard picked out a 15-year-old and sent him up to the stage, where Akon hoisted him onto his shoulders and flung him back into the audience, The Poughkeepsie Journal reported Thursday.

The boy landed on Abby Rosa, who told the newspaper she quickly felt a headache and blurry vision and was later diagnosed with a concussion. She said she has hired a lawyer and spoke to Fishkill police about the incident, and that she wants an apology from Akon.

Fishkill Police Detective Lt. John Berlingieri said no criminal charges had been filed against Akon. And the singer's attorney, Benjamin Brafman, released a statement saying there was no basis for criminal charges.

But Berlingieri said police want to talk to the teen, whose name has not been released. A Fishkill town official told the newspaper the boy was not hurt and left the stadium after declining medical treatment.

Sunday's scuffle wasn't the first concert controversy for the platinum-selling Akon. Earlier this year, the singer did a sexually explicit onstage dance with a girl from the audience who was later revealed to be 14.

Akon apologized and said he didn't know the girl was underage, saying the April 12 concert in Trinidad was supposed to have been restricted to fans 18 and older.

His latest album, "Konvicted," has sold more than 1 million copies in the United States. Akon's hits include "Don't Matter," "I Wanna Love You" with Snoop Dogg and "Smack That" with Eminem.

___

Source: Associated Press

Panachereport.com

Rapper 'The Game' disappointed fans when he failed to turn up at a hip-hop concert in Auckland, New Zealand on Saturday. The rapper was scheduled to join Akon, Naughty By Nature and Sisqo at the Roc Tha Block gig in the city's Vector Arena. When The Game didn't arrive at the venue, Senegalese star Akon offered to extended his set.

Akon Charged in Fan-Tossing Incident

The YouTube clip of Akon tossing a 15-year-old fan into the crowd of a concert has come back to haunt him: Police are slapping the hip-hop star with criminal charges after a fan said she suffered a concussion in the incident.

Akon is due in a Fishkill, N.Y., courtroom Monday to be arraigned on misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment, the Associated Press reports.

During the June concert, Akon threw the audience member from the stage into the crowd. According to AP, the boy landed on another fan, Abby Rosa, who told the Poughkeepsie Journal that she suffered a concussion.

There was no immediate comment from Akon's camp.

Akon Pleads Not Guilty to Fan-Tossing

Singer Akon pleaded not guilty to charges Monday in connection with an incident in June in which he threw a fan off a concert stage – and allegedly caused another fan in the crowd to suffer a concussion.

Akon, 34, entered his plea in a courtroom in Fishkill, N.Y., where the concert took place this summer, the Associated Press reports. He faces misdemeanor charges of endangering the welfare of a minor and second-degree harassment.

Separately, the singer issued a statement on Monday saying he regrets the incident.

"It was never Akon's intent to violate the law," reads the message, issued by his attorneys, Benjamin Brafman and Andrea Zellan. "This unfortunate incident was a spontaneous reaction during a live concert that Akon deeply regrets. We are confident that this matter will ultimately be resolved in a manner that does not in any way interfere with Akon's successful career."

The episode was caught on tape and posted to the Internet.

The week after the concert, Akon agreed to cooperate with police but denied any wrongdoing.

Panachereport.com

R&B singer Akon's free concert at a shopping mall in Denmark descended into violence on Wednesday when fans began rioting as police evacuated the venue due to a fire alarm alert. The Smack That hitmaker put on the free gig at Fields Shopping Mall in Copenhagen, but demand to enter the 1,000-capacity concert area exceeded the organizer's expectations and around 2,000 people were forced to watch Akon's performance from afar.

Mall director Jens Geppel says, "It was a free concert and we knew that many people would come, but there were a lot of people there, more than we had expected." And there was more trouble for police soon after the concert began - when Akon was three songs into his set, a fire alarm was set off, prompting cops to usher the large crowd out of the retail centre. But fans were not pleased and protested as they were being evacuated.

The unrest escalated once everyone was outside as concert-goers started hurling rocks and drinks bottles at the officers, resulting in eight arrests. Several people were injured in the incident, but none are thought to be serious.

The fire turned out to be a false alarm and mall security have launched an investigation into what went wrong.

Akon Searches Europe And Africa For New Artists

R&B singer Akon is looking to Europe and Africa in a bid to find the next "mega superstar."

The "Locked Up" hitmaker has expanded his record label Konvict Muzik Company with the launch of a new London office - where he hopes to add more international artists to the firm's roster.

Melvin Brown, co-owner and fellow CEO of Konvict Muzik, says, "We will be scanning Europe and Africa for the next mega superstars. When Akon and I partnered and created Konvict Muzik, we agreed that we would have the hottest artists on our roster. I have concentrated on diversifying the artist roster and creating an international presence. I personally look for unique artists."

And label bosses have already signed up two new acts they believe are set for fame - reggae/hip-hop trio American Yard and Dutch boyband GLOWB, reports AllHipHop.com.

However, Brown has refused to comment on rumors British rapper Sway has joined the roster, which already boasts dancehall star Kardinal Offishall and Grammy winning artist T-Pain.

Source: starpulse

Akon Lied About Prison Record

Rapper Akon lied to fans about serving time in prison, newly-released documents reveal. The Senegalese star, real name Aliuane Badara Thiam, claimed he was the "ringleader of a notorious car theft operation" and served a four-and-a-half year prison sentence.

But website thesmokinggun.com has published papers that prove he never set foot behind bars.

The documents reveal that although the 35-year-old "Smack That" singer was arrested in 1998 for possession of a stolen BMW, the case was dropped by a Georgia court.

He has been arrested on other occasions, but the stiffest sentence he has faced was three years' probation for gun possession./WENN

Akon Lands Radio Job

R&B star AKON is set to take over the airwaves in London - he's landed a job presenting a weekly radio show in the British capital.

The Smack That hitmaker has signed up to host a two-hour programme every Saturday night on London's Capital FM.

The station's group programme director, Paul Jackson, says in a statement, "We are delighted to welcome one of the world's greatest R&B artists to 95.8 Capital FM.Akon has worked with legendary performers such as Lady Gaga, Whitney Houston and Eminem and his brand-new show on Capital will be awesome."

Akon's radio show kicks off on 13 February (10).

Source contactmusic

Four people have been injured at a Sri Lankan broadcaster's headquarters after Buddhist protesters campaigning against an upcoming Akon concert hurled rocks at the building.

Promoters of the concert in the capital city of Colombo have come under fire from locals, who have taken offense to Akon's video "Sexy Chick," which features groups of near-naked women dancing at a pool party in front of a Buddha statue.

Source: PanacheReport.com