Lea

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3096 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 10:24 PM

What Else Is There To Butcher?

Posted Image

ShockTilYouDrop is reporting that Michael Bay's production company, Platinum Dunes, plans to remake the 1968 film Rosemary's Baby. Platinum Dunes is in talks to update the Roman Polanski film. The original movie was based on an Ira Levin novel and it starred Mia Farrow, John Cassavetes and Ruth Gordon.

Platinum Dunes is also working on the remakes of Nightmare on Elm Street, The Birds and Friday the 13th. They should change their name to The Butcher House.

We know how this is going to play. Jessica Alba, ScarJo or Keira Knightley will play Rosemary. Hayden Christensen, Ryan Phillipe or Chris Klein will play Guy. They will get some cheesy band like Good Charlotte to do a title theme. They will fill that shit with a ton of pathetic CGI effects. Fuck, they might as well get a big name to play the baby. I'm thinking Jack Nicholson.

Stop the madness! Can't they remake shit that actually needs help? Howard the Duck maybe? Yeah, what am I talking about? That movie is perfect just the way it is.

http://www.dlisted.com/

#62 couleur

couleur

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 07:00 PM

Here's a new low in remakes that shouldn't happen....

The Daily Mail claims Madonna has approached a major Hollywood studio about remaking "Casablanca" with her as the star! Its get better. According to these sources, Madonna wants to set the remake in Iraq. YES! Dear studio heads, make this happen!

A source said, "Madonna is talking about taking the Ingrid Bergman role for herself, even though Bergman was in her 20s when she played Ilsa and Madonna is nearly 50. She wants to update the story and maybe set it in a modern war zone such as Iraq. There is no script yet."

#63 theempress

theempress

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1240 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 03:52 PM

A source said, "Madonna is talking about taking the Ingrid Bergman role for herself, even though Bergman was in her 20s when she played Ilsa and Madonna is nearly 50. She wants to update the story and maybe set it in a modern war zone such as Iraq. There is no script yet."

-_- Ugh. I saw this yesterday, and could not believe it.
"If you're going to lie to me, you lie to me with respect."

#64 NYCat

NYCat

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1417 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 06:38 AM

Report: Matthew McConaughey to Play Magnum

Posted Image
Matthew McConaughey (left) and Tom Selleck

Is Matthew McConaughey ready to put on a (Hawaiian) shirt?

According to a report in Entertainment Weekly, the dad-to-be has been offered the title role in a new big-screen version of the '80s hit Magnum P.I..

McConaughey, 38, is reportedly reading the script (written by Dodgeball's Rawson Thurber), but has not yet announced whether he'll accept the role of Thomas Sullivan Magnum IV.

Of course, the Ferrari-driving private investigator was originally played by Tom Selleck.

Hmmmmm ... How would McConaughey look with a mustache?

#65 taco

taco

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2927 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 07:48 AM

-_- Ugh. I saw this yesterday, and could not believe it.

This one comes up a lot, last time it was Bennifer V1 that wanted to remake it. :rolleyes: this is even WORSE :o and I never would have thought that possible.
Im bringing wine tonight. Its from a merlot from nashville. I bet it'll taste like infidelity and teenage pregnancy.
[ text from the 901]

#66 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:37 PM

Matthew McConaughey offered 'Magnum P.I.'

How about this for perfect casting: EW.com has learned that Matthew McConaughey has been offered the role of Thomas Magnum in Universal Pictures' adaptation of Magnum P.I., based on the successful '80s television show that starred Tom Selleck. The character, a former Navy Seal turned reluctant detective, seems a sweet match for the laid-back actor. McConaughey, we're told, is reading the script from writer/director Rawson Thurber (Dodgeball) and will decide shortly. Now the burning questions: Will he grow a mustache for the role? And will our Hawaiian shirts suddenly be cool again? Developing

#67 galaxygirl

galaxygirl

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2378 posts

Posted 03 April 2008 - 01:59 PM

Why are they remaking Magnum into a movie, why Posted Image Don't they get it? Thomas Magnum = Tom Selleck. I won't accept anyone else in that role.

#68 ElleDriver

ElleDriver

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6160 posts

Posted 15 May 2008 - 07:30 AM

Jonah Hill heads to '21 Jump Street'
Actor will help develop film adaptation of series

By TATIANA SIEGEL

Jonah Hill is in negotiations to develop a modern-day adaptation of "21 Jump Street" for Columbia Pictures.

The smallscreen property, which aired from 1987-91 on Fox and starred Johnny Depp, revolved around a group of young cops who worked undercover in high schools and colleges.

The "Superbad" thesp would develop the screenplay as a potential starring vehicle and serve as executive producer.

Neal Moritz will produce the film with Stephen J. Cannell, who co-created and exec produced the series.

Hill, who can be seen onscreen in "Forgetting Sarah Marshall," next co-stars in the comedy "This Side of the Truth" and has a voice role in DreamWorks Animation's "How to Train Your Dragon." He is attached to star in the Judd Apatow-produced comedy "Get Him to the Greek" for Universal and director Nick Stoller.

#69 Jerrica Benton

Jerrica Benton

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4307 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:22 PM

cannibal holocaust and shall we dance?
hola senorita cosa

#70 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:50 PM

Funny...this thread pops up when AMC is now playing "Escape From New York" with Kurt Russell. Geez, please don't attempt to remake this great movie.. :o
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#71 schumibabe

schumibabe

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 12:27 PM

http://dlisted.com/node/32435

This Has Given Me A Tuesday Afternoon Headache

Posted Image

Has Simon Cowell been drinking from Paula Abdul's sippy cup, because that's the only way to explain why he's planning to remake Saturday Night Fever. It gets worse. Simon wants Zac Efron to play Tony Manero. It gets worserer (yes, I wrote worserer). Simon wants Timbaland to rework the Bee Gees' soundtrack. This news gives you permission to get out of your chair, walk over to your office enemy, slap them and explain, "Simon Cowell is remaking Saturday Night Fever with Zac Efron as Tony." They will understand, because you have to take your anger out on someone.

The Sun says that Simon has been working on the deal for years with producer Robert Stigwood, who owns the rights. During the last few weeks talks have gotten more intense and it looks like they are going to make a deal. And Satan laughs.

If Zac is the star, they are going to completely cover this shit with rainbows and sparklies. No rape scene. No racial tension. No drugs. No fuck words. No nekkidness. No hood rat stuff. And No DONNA PESCOW! This should be illegal. Illegal I tell you.

What's next? Is Simon going to remake Gone with the Wind with Susan Boyle and her cat Pebbles. Actually, that would be kind of hot.

Posted by: Michael K

#72 KikiTopaz

KikiTopaz

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:18 AM

Zac Efron looks like a perpetual 6th grade boy. Remaking "Saturday Night Live" sounds like a flop waiting to happen. Why can't the powers behind moviemaking find good stories, new stories, to enthrall us with???

#73 schumibabe

schumibabe

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 09:18 AM

This is just plain wrong!

http://www.showbizsp...rella-role.html

Heigl, Miller & Alba ‘Eye Barbarella Role’
Aug 11 2009. Posted by Adam

Katherine Heigl, Sienna Miller and Jessica Alba are all reportedly vying for a role as the new Barbarella.

Casting for the remake of the 1968 sci-fi classic starring Jane Fonda as a scantily-clad intergalactic world saver is soon to get underway with a bevy of beauties already on the hot list to follow in Fonda’s footsteps.

“The script is underway and John Carpenter is set to direct so it’s all about finding the new Barbarella,” reports a movie insider. “This will be a huge movie and with Barbarella such a strong female character, half the leading ladies in Hollywood will want this role.

“Sienna, Jessica and Katherine are probably top of the list but others have not been ruled out. Whoever gets it is going to have to look super-hot in not very much clothing!”

However, Factory Girl star Miller likely won’t get the role — she doesn’t consider herself particularly credible when it comes to success at the box office.

“I was having to pay people to see my movies!… certain really great directors have wanted to do films with me, but unless you’ve had a film that’s opened with a certain amount of money, you’re not bankable to studios… if you want to make amazing, artistic films, you’ve got to have some sort of box office credibility, which I don’t have,” Sienna recently told Nylon magazine.

#74 e-lin

e-lin

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1829 posts

Posted 14 August 2009 - 06:40 AM

I can not see any of the three of them in the title role of "Barbarella".

#75 HoneyBunny

HoneyBunny

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:21 AM

Sorry, I have nothing to add. :unsure: I just had to post something to make that damn john cena crap leave my screen. I didn't want whoever keeps trying to overrun the forum to think it was working. It's been the top thread on FILM CHATTER for awhile. Hope everyone's enjoying their vacation. But from now on, whenever I see that :angry3: name, I avoid the thread like the plague!!!!

#76 daq

daq

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 05:32 AM

I can not see any of the three of them in the title role of "Barbarella".

I can't either! I thought Drew was interested? Her I can see in the role.

Edited by daq, 21 August 2009 - 05:32 AM.

#77 Maxiemom

Maxiemom

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3231 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 01:39 PM

Sorry,
I have nothing to add. :unsure: I just had to post something to make that damn john cena crap leave my screen. I didn't want whoever keeps trying to overrun the forum to think it was working. It's been the top thread on FILM CHATTER for awhile. Hope everyone's enjoying their vacation. But from now on, whenever I see that :angry3: name, I avoid the thread like the plague!!!!

Thank you for taking one for the team. Much appreciated. :D

#78 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:38 PM

WB, Singer to lift 'Excalibur'
Duo ready remake of Boorman film
By MICHAEL FLEMING

Bryan Singer will develop a remake of 1981's 'Excaliber' for Warners.

Warner Bros. has closed a deal to remake the 1981 John Boorman-directed "Excalibur," with Bryan Singer producing and developing the picture as a potential directing vehicle.

The deal comes as Singer gets serious about making the New Line-Legendary co-production "Jack the Giant Killer" his next directing effort.

WB and Legendary Pictures have labored for months to pull together the rights to the film, which Singer will produce with Julie Yorn. Also a producer is Polly Johnsen -- who was Polly Cohen when she was the WB exec who presided over the Singer-directed WB/Legendary collaboration "Superman Returns."

Inspired by Thomas Malory's 15th century work, and scripted by Rospo Pallenberg and Boorman, "Excalibur" explores the myth of King Arthur, complete with the Knights of the Round Table, Merlin the wizard and the quest for the Holy Grail to save Arthur's life. The original picture broke such talent as Helen Mirren (who played the evil Morgana), Liam Neeson (Sir Gawain), Gabriel Byrne, Patrick Stewart and Ciaran Hinds.

Singer hasn't set a writer yet.

Matt Reilly is overseeing for WB, Erik Olsen for the Yorn shingle, and Singer’s former partner Alex Garcia is overseeing for Legendary Prods.

Singer recently signed on to develop to direct and produce "Battlestar Galactica" at Universal; he'd been eyeing that project since he originally made a deal to godfather a series revival in 2001. At the same time, Singer has been flirting with directing "X-Men: First Class," a 20th Century Fox spinoff that got a first script draft by "The OC" creator Josh Schwartz.

It looks like his next directing assignment might well be "Jack the Giant Killer," a riff on the Jack and the Beanstalk legend that was developed by New Line with scripters Darren Lemke and Mark Bomback and producer Neal Moritz. The story revolves around a young farmer who leads an expedition into the land of the giants to recover a kidnapped princess.

Singer is repped by WME.
Bobbyd - Noun - Poster of FanChitChat. Posts are often labeled as Jerkish or Boorish. Not a Fan-i-cus of Celebri-ti-cus. Enemy of the Superfan. SNARKER. Dickus.Assholicus. Terrorized by bullies, popular kids, jocks, in High School.

#79 BobbyD

BobbyD

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21933 posts

Posted 22 December 2009 - 07:28 PM

'The Crow' remake :censored:
December 15, 2008 | 7:06 am

As 'The Crow' flies: The director that drove Sean Connery to retirement and ensured that Alan Moore would never give Hollywood another chance wants to remake "The Crow." Reporter Michael Fleming has the announcement story in the trades: "Stephen Norrington has signed on to write and direct a reinvention of "The Crow," based on the comic created by James O’Barr. Ryan Kavanaugh’s Relativity Media is negotiating with producer Ed Pressman to acquire the film franchise and finance the film. Pressman produced the 1994 Alex Proyas-directed screen transfer, in which rock musician Eric Draven is murdered trying to rescue his girlfriend from thugs, and returns from the dead one year later to exact vengeance. Though the original became a gothic-style hit that grossed nearly $100 million worldwide, it is primarily remembered for a tragic accident in which star Brandon Lee was killed during filming. For Norrington, the "Crow" deal marks the end of a long screen sabbatical. After making his breakthrough with the Marvel Comics hero "Blade," Norrington took on a big-budget comic transfer with "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen." Neither the director nor his star, Sean Connery, has made a film since. Norrington said he felt demoralized by that experience, and the accomplished sculptor spent the next five years writing and working on his art. He made a deal to direct "Clash of the Titans" for Warner Bros., but left the project, he said, because he was "unable to excite Warner Bros. with my take, or influence the screenplay to any comfortable extent...." "Whereas Proyas’ original was gloriously gothic and stylized, the new movie will be realistic, hard-edged and mysterious, almost documentary-style," Norrington told Daily Variety. [Variety]

#80 purpleiris

purpleiris

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 December 2009 - 01:19 PM

What!!! Another Crow!! NOoooo!!!! :censored:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users