Jerrica Benton

weight loss

so i saw that hoya lost 66 lbs last year! i lost 55 lbs myself. well i've put on 20 lbs of it back. D:

so i'm working on getting back down.

anyone else lose weight lately? what did you do? follow any diet plans or routines (Curves, 30 day shred, nutrisystem)?

so i saw that hoya lost 66 lbs last year! i lost 55 lbs myself. well i've put on 20 lbs of it back. D:

so i'm working on getting back down.

anyone else lose weight lately? what did you do? follow any diet plans or routines (Curves, 30 day shred, nutrisystem)?

I lost 45 last year, way overdue since my youngest is 10! I gained back 25 when my walking buddy had a kidney transplant and I quit walking. I was walking three times a week and using myfitnesspal.com and the app. I just restarted about two weeks ago and I've lost four pounds again.

I've lost 15 so far this year and would like to lose 10 more. Basically I just count calories and aim for a diet high in protein and low in bad carbs (but still high in fiber). Also use myfitnesspal to keep track of what I've eaten. I'm only 5 feet tall so a gain/loss of five lbs has a big effect on me.

I also just started adding some Pilates to my workouts (I try to do cardio 5-6 times a week). I use some of the videos found on demand! Good and free :)

To lose the 60lbs, I used medifast (low carb, low fat, low cal, 5 meal replacements and 1 meal of low carb vegetables and lean protein). Took ~8 months (could have taken less time but I went to Paris and Vegas and lost a couple weeks because I strayed from plan ;-) I've gained a little back since I still am drinking too much wine/beer (my husband is a homebrewer - I'm surrounded by temptation!) So I've been eating lots of low carb lean protein volumetric meals to try to get in shape (and back into my cute summer clothing!!) Lots of walking, some Wii dancing, and I really need to get back to my weight training....I use LoseIt to track food & exercise and I take my measurements monthly (I've been keeping an excel spreadsheet & graphs since 2000)

Edited by Hoyaheel

I also just started adding some Pilates to my workouts

I love, love pilates - I go three times a week, sometimes four. I need to get back to walking again though, if I don't get cardio in and just do pilates I build so much muscle I actually gain weight even though my clothes fit looser, lol.

wow! i'm not doing much.

i don't know why i let the weight come back on. i lost 55 lbs in almost 5 months. i worked out everyday with my buddy for two hours and ate with him everyday. i basically cutt out fast food (had it VERY occasionally) and soda. i also did wii fit zumba. so much fun.

man i had it good last year. haha. i'm sure if i had kept it up i'd be Kenya Moore hot or really toned up. UGhhhh the work :-\

i have to admit, though. Going to the gym after a month of doing it began to get a lot of fun for me especially when my friend Blake and I (a guy) would take a class at the gym for the L.O.L.'s.

Edited by Jerrica Benton

Last week we got Abba Just Dance for Wii!!! My husband and I don't have the same taste in music except for maybe 5 bands - one of them is ABBA - and my husband doesn't dance BUT we have had so much fun with this and it is EXHAUSTING and hard.

Last week we got Abba Just Dance for Wii!!! My husband and I don't have the same taste in music except for maybe 5 bands - one of them is ABBA - and my husband doesn't dance BUT we have had so much fun with this and it is EXHAUSTING and hard.

I bought the Black Eyed Peas Just Dance because it was on clearance at Target for like $2.95. It is really exhausting!

By the way - I pretty much suck at Just Dance (I'm a child of the 80s - these moves make no sense to me ;-) But I keep trying!!! I'd really prefer just karaoke ;-)

Spring will be here today - 70 and some sun outside - so I'm going to be hauling dirt to my garden and planting some cool weather seeds. Gardening is my major activity outdoors April - September, so I really do need more actual gym time ;-)

A girl in my building, who has always been really fat, lost 90 lbs. in 2 months a couple of months ago. She looks like a completely different person. She said she went on a juice fast like in the movie Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead. It's on Hulu and Youtube. After the juice fast she went all Paleo diet and lost around 30 more pounds so far.

A girl in my building, who has always been really fat, lost 90 lbs. in 2 months a couple of months ago. She looks like a completely different person. She said she went on a juice fast like in the movie Fat, Sick, And Nearly Dead. It's on Hulu and Youtube. After the juice fast she went all Paleo diet and lost around 30 more pounds so far.

Can that be healthy? Even if you are grossly overweight, is it healthy to lose that fast? I have no idea, but it just seems crazy!

In the movie the guys got checked out by doctors while they did the fast and they said they were fine.

She's been checked out by a doctor and they said she's fine. She looks *AMAZING*!!! :o

I've lost about 50~60 lbs myself. I am not sure exactly because I don't have a scale. Aside from eating less, all I do is make sure I don't have alot of carbs late at night. I've been eating alot of oatmeal, brown rice(1/2 cup cooked) beans (not canned), cauliflower, broccoli, and brussel sprouts. For protein it is alot of lean chicken or tuna, with the occasional piece of fish. Aside from salad, I try to make sure I don't eat more than can fit into both hands cupped.