Kath

British Royals

I think we are going to get some gossip out of this marriage. I agree. What does he see in her and why would anyone want to get mixed up in all the royalty restrictions?

I think we are going to get some gossip out of this marriage. I agree. What does he see in her and why would anyone want to get mixed up in all the royalty restrictions?

Really? I might bitch about it in private but pretty sure I'd enjoy it!!! The history, the jewels, the charitable opportunities......I think I could do it. Not as a completely arranged marriage, but if I cared for the Royal I was marrying.....

• Like 1

I'm actually kind of surprised they got engaged. Yeah, I know I'm the only one who is surprised. Something about those two just seem off to me. Can't put my finger on it....

I'm not surprised but I also think something seems off too.

Edited by witchkitten

I just feel like she seems a little (lot) fake. Maybe thats the rumors of run away social climbing that have surrounded her, even in Canada. And Im totally not buying the I didnt really know anything about him when we met. For me it sort of feels like one of those relationships where one party falls hard and is totally all in super fast and the other party isnt necessarily in it that deeply and so has all of the power in the relationship.

Edited by dixiedoodah

I'm with Hoya - I don't have a snarky feeling either.

I get why people might think she's a social climber, but Harry brings a lot to the table himself (money, fame, and title aside). He's cute, charming, witty, intelligent, charitable -- I mean, what's not to like? The royal bit is just icing on the cake. It's not like he's some ogre that Meghan is magically head over heels with -- who doesn't love Harry?!?

• Like 1

Doesn't matter to me at all. The family is fine with it because he will almost certainly never be in a ruling position. In my opinion, he's luckier because of less attention being focused on him and what he does.

How often do we hear anything about Prince Andrew, Prince Edward or Princess Anne? :1smile:

• Like 1

Andrew & Anne - a LOT more than Edward. Because they did "stupid" things publically....(well, Anne- divorce, wasn't so much "stupid" as unprecedented....Andrew - can we agree some of his shit was full on stupid??)

If Harry does stupid stuff, we will hear about it ;-) (Lainey posted some really awful tweets about his engagement - that came from the PRESS in the UK. Wow are they hard on Royals....)

On the other hand, perhaps I "hear" more because I care to and seek out the info.....I bet most people (Americans) wouldn't know Edward's title (Duke of Wessex, I mean ;-)

On Meghan - yes, saying "I don't know anything about Harry" is disingenuous at best and a lie at worst. I'm sure she didn't REALLY know what he was like, as a person or potential date - she only knew what was in the public eye, as the rest of us do. If she's a good wife to him - I'm ok with that.

I think many marriages/relationships have power imbalances - there's almost always one person who loves the other more (I'm that person in my relationship, and I have a good friend from high school who's the same in his marriage - and I know that first hand because I lived with them for a while after grad school and we've talked about it tons over the years ;-) It's not necessarily a bad thing, as long as advantage isn't taken....

• Like 1

.I bet most people (Americans) wouldn't know Edward's title (Duke of Wessex, I mean ;-)

For instance, I just read this and screamed in my head "her name is SOPHIE not Susie you twat"

I bet most people (Americans) wouldn't know Edward's title (Duke of Wessex, I mean ;-)

Actually, Prince Edward is the Earl of Wessex, not a Duke.

Dangit. You're right and I'm wrong. But her name IS Sophie ;-)

I've had Duke of Sussex, Duke of Windsor on my mind....(also, why did the queen make him an Earl? I thought it was the norm for royal princes to be made Dukes?)

I bet most people (Americans) wouldn't know Edward's title (Duke of Wessex, I mean ;-)

I've had Duke of Sussex, Duke of Windsor on my mind....(also, why did the queen make him an Earl? I thought it was the norm for royal princes to be made Dukes?)

If I recall correctly, the rumor at the time was that Edward will be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh after Prince Philip passes away.

If I recall correctly, the rumor at the time was that Edward will be given the Dukedom of Edinburgh after Prince Philip passes away.

Ah, I suppose that would work. Seems kind of mean to make him wait that long, but their way of life is different ;-)

On the other hand, perhaps I "hear" more because I care to and seek out the info.....I bet most people (Americans) wouldn't know Edward's title (Duke of Wessex, I mean ;-)

There you go :)

• Like 1

Ah, I suppose that would work. Seems kind of mean to make him wait that long, but their way of life is different ;-)

My outter ignorant American is screaming, "Does any of this matter?," my inner tinted green self is sighing while asking "Damn why couldn't I be British!?"

• Like 2

My outter ignorant American is screaming, "Does any of this matter?," my inner tinted green self is sighing while asking "Damn why couldn't I be British!?"

Nothing wrong with being a proud American AND a bit of an anglophile ;-) I can't help it - I was exposed to Monty Python and Agatha Christie at a very young age and it's tainted me forever :-)

• Like 2

For me it was all the English based shows that made their way to PBS. (I was in love with Inspector Dagliesh.)

• Like 1

Music for me ;-) Early 80s alternative & some pop, I just loved. I had an English nanny for a while (not when I was young - when I was older - it was very weird)

• Like 1

Certainly laying the groundwork, right?

http://www.laineygossip.com/prince-harry-appointed-captain-general-royal-marines-by-the-queen/48708

Buckingham Palace announced today that the Queen has “given her formal approval to the appointment of His Royal Highness Prince Henry of Wales as Captain General Royal Marines” and that “Prince Harry will assume the role in succession to HRH The Duke of Edinburgh”.

Edited by Hoyaheel

http://www.laineygossip.com/princess-michael-of-kent-racist-jewelry-greets-meghan/48728

I get that times have changed. Thank goodness. And not everyone has come along gently. But ya think that rich old bitch maybe could have left the racist jewelry in the safe for Christmas???

And this is why, even if you want to call her a scheming prince-digger, I’m here for it. Because she’s there to disrupt the f-ck out of their status quo.

I am a new fan of Lainey's and I wish Megan much success.

PS

and I would have called her her a "rich old racist bitch."

• Like 1