fykeylicious

This Land is Our Land

I figured since we are officially in 2017 and the election is over, it might be best to start a new thread in which we can all reassure one another that everything is fine and we can do this. Yes we can!

658.png

To quote my soap, Days of Our Lives (and, presumably, an old Irish toast) "May the best part of last year be the worst part of the new year"

• Like 1

Anyone else going to Million Women March? I'll be doing the one in San Diego.

D.C. For me. I'm planning to bring my 13 year old too.

• Like 1

Anyone else going to Million Women March? I'll be doing the one in San Diego.

Daughter bailed, but I'm off to the metro station to head into D.C. Good luck to all of my fellow marchers!

• Like 2

Yep, and another post today going around from a prof in Boston about "shock events" designed to distract:

https://thewayofimprovement.com/2017/01/29/historian-heather-cox-richardson-on-trumps-muslim-ban-its-a-shock-event/

And I *still* have family on facebook supporting this crap. We pretty much have the same socioeconomic background (though raised in different households with different parents) How does that happen? How does my mother support this? She's a strong feminist who raised me to be the same? (to be fair, I don't think she supports all Trump policies - but she effing supports too many)

I agree Hoya - I am having a lot of difficulty resolving the anger I have toward the people I know who voted for him.

On the one hand, I understand that rationally a handful of votes did not put him in office. I am, however, in a red state that could have turned blue with a few thousand votes.

But I still can't reconcile how one could honestly look at all he has said and done over the past year, coupled with his despicable personal life, questionable ties to Russia, and his complete lack of political service, and still go in that booth and vote for him. I also know people who went in that booth and voted for Stein -- motherfucking Stein! -- and some even wrote in Bernie.

I understand their need to "make a point" -- but what point did they make, exactly? You know who didn't feel a need to make a point? People of color. Muslims. Members of the LGBTQ community. Only smug, white, middle-class people with a bug up their ass about the two-party system felt the need to MAKE A FUCKING POINT.

I am so so mad over this and I feel like I have about 3 people in my life who actually understand this and feel the same way. Everyone else supported Trump. Or someone other than Hillary, WHO COULD BE OUR PRESIDENT RIGHT NOW and then we wouldn't have to worry about the fourth Reich coming in.

akldjf;aljewo4iu3590qj lamn'oj4weq[b ]

• Like 2

shit. I forgot that I'm going to be SUPER POSITIVE in 2017. nothing but gratitude.

so with that in mind:

I am so grateful Trump is galvanizing our country

I am so grateful for national discussion and strong feelings of patriotism on both sides of the line

I am so grateful to be an American

I am so grateful for wine

I am so grateful for carbs

I am so grateful so grateful so grateful

this shit's hard

• Like 2

Every day I'm in shock by what he has done next. There is no end in sight. Even if he is impeached, then Pence takes over and I think he is worse! :blink: