princess

The Rolling Stones

EOnline.com SATISFACTION: ABKCO Records set to issue on May 4 The Rolling Stones Singles 1963-1965, the first of three boxed sets compiling all of the Rolling Stones' U.S. and U.K. singles and EPs from the band's heyday in the 1960s.

histar.com

The ROLLING STONES have agreed to do another world tour in 2005! If you're wondering how old the guys are THIS time around... MICK JAGGER will be 62, CHARLIE WATTS will be 64, KEITH RICHARDS 61, and RONNIE WOOD 57.

Stones Get Fall Tour Rollingby Charlie AmterMay 10, 2005, 4:55 PM PTEOnline.comTime is apparently still on the Rolling Stones' side.The ageless wonders are once again ready to mount a massive world tour--that may or may not be their last, depending on which Stone you listened to Tuesday at a concert/press conference in Manhattan.The tour, to support an in-the-works, as-yet-untitled new studio album, will commence Aug. 21 in Boston and hit most major U.S. and Canadian cities in the fall, tour director Michael Cohl told reporters.After the U.S. dates, which wrap Dec. 1 in Houston, the tour then travels in 2006 to Mexico, Argentina, Brazil, Japan, Europe and perhaps China--a locale the band has been trying to play for years.The last time the Stones undertook a similar large-scale jaunt was in 2002 for their Licks tour, which generated more than $88 million in ticket sales, per industry trade Pollstar.The Rock and Roll Hall of Famers enlisted a blimp in Manhattan three years ago to generate buzz for that tour--this time around they lost the hot air and went back to basics.Before announcing the tour, the band played a free outdoor mini-concert at Lincoln Center, within earshot of the Juilliard School, which was holding its commencement ceremonies.Sporting a blue blazer and dark shades, Stones frontman Mick Jagger got the crowd going with "Start Me Up.""This is one of the earliest concerts we've been to in a while, actually," the 61-year-old joked of the three-song midday set. "We're calling it the cornflakes concert."The band also tore through "Brown Sugar" and the new tune "Oh No, Not You Again," which will be featured on the new disc. Jagger said the album, set for release on Virgin Records this summer, is "85 percent done."The touring lineup will feature the core band: Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood and Charlie Watts. Watts, who underwent radiation therapy to battle throat cancer last year, said he was "fine" and looking forward to what would be the Stones' final tour.Before the press corps could start rumbling, however, his bandmates quickly shot down the notion that the Stones would stop rolling after the upcoming trek.Tickets for the first set of shows, including Boston, Washington, D.C., Atlanta and Miami, go on sale Saturday.

EOnline.comSTART THEM UP: The Black Eyed Peas opening for the Rolling Stones when they kick off their world tour Aug. 21 at Boston's Fenway Park, home of the world champion Red Sox.

EOnline.comSTART THEM UP: The Rolling Stones playing a "secret" warm-up gig in Toronto Wednesday for over 1000 fans. The band is set to officially launch their U.S. tour later this month in Boston.SHUT THEM UP: Meanwhile, some conservative bloggers calling for the NFL to drop the Stones from upcoming Monday Night Football broadcasts because of the band's controversial anti-Bush track "Sweet Neo-Con." The band has denied that the track is a specific diss to the president.

EOnline.comSTART THEM UP QUIETLY: Boston police planning to use noise meters around Fenway Park when the Rolling Stones open their latest tour there Sunday night to reduce the impact of noise on the ballpark's neighbors. :D

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexd?blogid=7

Jagger Lookalike Cons NYC Nightclub

AP / Julie Jacobson

Sir Mick Jagger is being impersonated by a lookalike fan -- and the fan is

using the Rolling Stone's sex appeal to attract scores of women.

The phony visited the Spirit nightclub in New York City on Saturday and

spent an hour and a half enjoying free drinks and wooing gorgeous girls.

But his cover was blown after club officials began to suspect he was younger

and bigger than the star.

Club spokeswoman Claire O'Connor tells the New York Post, "The clone was

whisked, with three girls, down a back staircase. He asked to stop at the

ladies' room on the way out and spent 10 minutes in there with three girls."

Jagger's spokeswoman Fran Curtis confirms he was not in New York over the

weekend.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051007/en_nm/leisure_stones_dc

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - A bomb threat halted a Rolling Stones concert in

Charlottesville, Virginia overnight, but police found nothing and the

band returned to the stage about 45 minutes later, officials said on

Friday.

The threat was made in a phone call just before 9 p.m. on Thursday and

was "specific to the stage area" of the concert at the University of

Virginia's Scott stadium, which was packed with 50,000 fans, said

university spokeswoman Carol Wood.

"Word was got to (Stones frontman) Mick Jagger and he announced that

the band would take a 10-minute break," Wood said.

The band left the stage and police with sniffer dogs, already in the

stadium for checks before the concert, searched the area.

When the all-clear was given, the Stones went back on stage and played

past midnight to complete the concert.

The band kicked off their present North American tour in Boston in

August.

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/98372004.htm

Bon Jovi Offer Rolling Stones Wembley Slot

October 7, 2005, 6:14:17

BON JOVI OFFER ROLLING STONES OPENING SLOT

BON JOVI have cheekily offered THE ROLLING STONES a support slot at their

concert opening London's brand new Wembley Stadium, after beating the rock

veterans to land the gig.

The selection of US band Bon Jovi over the British Stones to be the first

group to play the UK's most prestigious stadium on 11 June next year (06)

surprised music industry insiders.

But singer JON BON JOVI doesn't mind allowing the SIR MICK JAGGER-fronted

veterans support his band at the concert.

He says, "Well, it's booked, but if they really want to open the venue, they

can go on before us.

"I think that's a great idea."

Bon Jovi were also the final act to play the historic venue prior to its

demolition.

Page SixSTONES IN BENEFITTHE Rolling Stones will make an unscheduled stop on their world tour to play Radio City Music Hall on March 14 for an exclusive concert to benefit the Robin Hood Foundation. Sheryl Crow will open for the wrinkly rockers. The concert reunites the three impresarios who organized the Concert for New York City in 2001 - Cablevision's Jim Dolan donated Radio City, where the Stones have never played, and Robin Hood board members Harvey Weinstein and John Sykes booked the Stones and Crow, respectively.

Keith Richards Hospitalized in New Zealand

Apr 29 9:43 AM US/Eastern

WELLINGTON, New Zealand

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards suffered a mild concussion while vacationing in Fiji and was flown to a New Zealand hospital for treatment, a band spokeswoman said Saturday.

Media reports said Richards fell out of a palm tree and remained hospitalized in Auckland.

Richards, 62, suffered a mild concussion while on holiday in Fiji earlier this week and was flown to New Zealand, band spokeswoman Fran Curtis said in a statement.

"Following treatment locally and as a precautionary measure, he flew to a hospital accompanied by his wife, Patti, for observation," Curtis said.

The statement did not elaborate on Richards' condition.

But media reports in Australian and New Zealand said Richards hurt his head after falling out of a palm tree at an exclusive Fiji resort and remained hospitalized in Auckland.

Newspapers in the Fairfax media group reported in their Sunday editions that Richards was flown to Auckland's Ascot Hospital on Thursday after the accident.

Steve Kirby, duty manager at the Ascot Hospital, would not comment on whether Richards was a patient there, citing the hospital's privacy policy.

The Fijilive.com news Web site reported that the accident was believed to have happened at Fiji's exclusive Wakaya Club resort.

Salesi Finau of the resort told The Associated Press that Richards and his wife recently stayed at the resort for about a week but would not say when they left.

Finau also refused to comment on the reports Richards had an accident.

"I am sorry, I do not have any comment on that," he said.

The Rolling Stones played a concert in Wellington on April 18 as part of their "A Bigger Bang" world tour.

According to the band's Web site, the Stones' next scheduled concert is at the Olympic Stadium in Barcelona, Spain, followed by 34 more dates across Europe.

I get such a kick out of this story. When you see the headline "Keith Richards hospitalized in New Zealand" most people would think drugs. Stroke. Heart attack. But no - he fell out of a palm tree which is just so..... Keith Richards :)

Keith Richards brain opBy GORDON SMARTDeputy Showbiz EditorROLLING Stone Keith Richards is due to have his skull drilled after suffering a brain haemorrhage falling from a palm tree, The Sun can reveal.The rock wildman, 62, has been told by doctors he needs to have blood drained from his brain after bashing his head in the tumble in Fiji last week.Keith was originally diagnosed with mild concussion. But he continued to complain of dull headaches and tests revealed a small haemorrhage.A close pal said last night: “Keith’s accident has turned out worse than everybody feared.“After the tests doctors decided they should drain his skull. It has given him a scare but he has been told that he should make a full recovery once it’s done.”Keith had the accident as he and bandmate Ronnie Wood tried to climb the tree to get coconuts at a luxury resort. Keith lost his grip and plunged back down to the ground. The guitar hero was flown 1,500 miles to Ascot Hospital in Auckland, New Zealand, with his wife Patti Hansen for tests.

I get such a kick out of this story. When you see the headline "Keith Richards hospitalized in New Zealand" most people would think drugs. Stroke. Heart attack. But no - he fell out of a palm tree which is just so..... Keith Richards :)

Totally agree :)

Ron Wood "in rehab"

06/14/2006 2:00 PM, Yahoo! Music

Ben Gilbert - LAUNCH U.K. & Ireland

Ronnie Wood is understood to have entered rehab after he began drinking again, throwing the European leg of the Rolling Stones tour into further trouble.

The guitarist is understood to have quit alcohol on the advice of doctors some time ago, but is now reported to have fallen off the wagon.

The news comes just a month before the Stones kick off their Bigger Bang Euro dates, many of which had been delayed and postponed following the accident involving Keith Richards.

Richards has made a full recovery following brain surgery after his fall from a coconut tree in Fiji. However, Wood this week apparently checked himself into the Priory clinic in London.

A "friend" told London paper The Sun: "Ronnie has fought a long battle with drink. He managed to keep his boozing down to a minimum while the Stones were playing their American dates at the end of last year. The first gig in Boston was the first time he had played sober and without a cigarette for the first time in years.But he has started drinking again over the last few weeks and it has got out of control. The stress of worrying about his mate Keith has not helped."

Meanwhile, a spokesman for Ronnie commented: "He needs some rest but he will definitely be fit for the first night of the European tour."

The Rolling Stones are scheduled to restart their world tour in Milan, Italy on July 11.

EOnline.comSTART THEM UP: The Rolling Stones still planning to kick off their tour in Italy next month, according to the band's spokeswoman, despite reports that Ron Wood had been admitted to alcohol rehab. We imagine that Keith Richards is grateful that his head wound is no longer the focus of any tour issues.

I'm shocked I tell you! ;)

LATEST: ROLLING STONES guitarist KEITH RICHARDS was allegedly drunk

when he fell out of a tree while on holiday in Fiji in April (06).

After the fall Richards had to be flown to New Zealand for a brain

operation.

A friend of the legendary rocker's wife, PATTI HANSEN, says, "He was

legless and showing off to his bandmates.

"He feels like an idiot. But he sees the funny side now - he is the

first man to have brain surgery for a hangover." (PC/WNSEX/SH)

Stones Stop Rolling

by Gina Serpe

Aug 14, 2006, 11:50 AM PT

The Rolling Stones' A Bigger Bang tour was intended to showcase the group's prowess as old-school rockers.

So far, they've lived up to just two of the three descriptors.

Mick Jagger is the latest Stone added to the casualty count as his bout of laryngitis has forced the cancellation of a gig in Spain Monday.

"I'm very sorry to be canceling this show," the 63-year-old frontman said on the group's Website. "I always love playing in Spain, but unfortunately I have no other choice and I apologize to everyone who bought tickets for tonight."

The group's Valladolid date was axed after Jagger's doctor ordered him to rest his pipes after a frog took up residence in his throat over the weekend.

As it stands, no replacement date has been named and it's unlikely the group will make up the show. But the Stones have announced plans to issue full refunds on all 37,000 tickets purchased for the sold-out show.

Jagger's laryngtitis is just the latest health-related mishap to occur on the band's tour.

Last spring, Keith Richards notoriously tumbled head-first from coconut tree while vacationing in Fiji. His concussed noggin resulted in the Stones postponing the European leg of their world tour by nearly two months.

In June, when the trek was slated to resume, reports surfaced that guitarist Ron Wood had entered rehab for alcohol dependency, prompting rumors that the tour would once again be moved to the back burner. While Wood's rep confirmed that the rocker needed "some rest," he did indeed join the boys when they kicked off the second leg of concerts in Milan on July 11.

Maladies aside, the group shows no signs of slowing.

Last month, Jagger, Richards, Wood and drummer Charlie Watts announced plans to return to the U.S. this fall, hitting rarely-played smaller cities, like Boise, Idaho; Missoula, Montana; and Wichita, Kansas.

If Mick's pipes cooperate, the Stones are slated resume their European tour this Wednesday in El Ejido, Spain.

Mick Jagger Can’t Remember His Lyrics

Singer Mick Jagger forgot the words to classic Rolling Stones song 'Ruby

Tuesday' during a concert last week.

The 63-year-old had been performing with his bandmates in Glasgow, Scotland,

when he couldn't remember the lyrics to the hit track.

However, quick-thinking Mick covered up his memory loss by singing the same

verse twice.

Yesterday (08.30.06) it was revealed that Mick has started using an autocue

on stage because he is paranoid about forgetting his lyrics.

A source said: "Mick's not getting any younger and he doesn't want to slip

up. He's generally running all over the stage but if he gets a memory blank

he can get back to the screen quickly.

"He rarely needs it but it's a back-up. It would be pretty embarrassing to

forget the words to a song like 'Satisfaction' when you've been singing it

for 40 years."

Meanwhile, Mick's spokesman has denied reports he has an oxygen tank

backstage to help him through his gruelling live shows.

He said: "It's simply not true that Mick uses oxygen as there is none

available. He maintains astonishing levels of fitness and the only help he

needs during live performances is plenty of water to keep him hydrated."

source: hollywood rag

STONE NOT STONED

Page Six

October 5, 2006 -- Wrinkled rocker Keith Richards denies he was stoned when he rolled off a tree in Fiji and hit his head, causing the band's European summer tour to be postponed. In fact, the 62-year old guitarist swears there was no big bang at all. "It's embarrassing, really," Richards confides, aptly, to Rolling Stone magazine. He swears he was sober, sitting on a 6-foot-high tree stump - not climbing a palm tree gathering coconuts, as previously reported. "My head hit the trunk and that was that," he said.

:blink:

LONDON - Keith Richards has acknowledged consuming a raft of illegal substances in his time, but this may top them all.

In comments published Tuesday, the 63-year-old Rolling Stones guitarist said he had snorted his father's ashes mixed with cocaine.

"The strangest thing I've tried to snort? My father. I snorted my father," Richards was quoted as saying by British music magazine NME.

"He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared," he said. "... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive."

Richards' father, Bert, died in 2002, at 84.

Richards, one of rock's legendary wild men, told the magazine that his survival was the result of luck, and advised young musicians against trying to emulate him.

"I did it because that was the way I did it. Now people think it's a way of life," he was quoted as saying.

"I've no pretensions about immortality," he added. "I'm the same as everyone ... just kind of lucky.

"I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list," Richards said.

Keith is one sick fuck. I have to wonder if he and his dad got along

Rolling Stone's Daughter Prefers Prince Over Her Dad

Filed under: Prince

Posted Image

Because even rock stars' children hate it when their parents dance in public. Rolling Stones member, Ron Wood, has been instructed by his daughter, Leah, that he is absolutely not allowed to perform at her wedding. Instead, her choice for the event's entertainment is Prince. According to Leah, it's simply too painful for her to watch her dad strutting his stuff on stage. From WENN:

"He's asked if he can do a set but I've said no way. I love my dad, but he's too embarrassing. Other people may think it's cool - but not me. I wouldn't get a wink of sleep thinking about what he might get up to. I want Prince to perform instead."

Shit, if you're going to be bumped from getting to play at your daughter's wedding, it's nice to hear that it's by Prince. Imagine the slap in the face Ron would have received, had his daughter informed him that it would be less embarrassing for her if David Hasselhoff performed at her wedding, thanks.

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/21/rollin...ver_her_dad.php

Stones sign one-album record deal

The Rolling Stones have signed a one-album deal with record label Universal to release a live CD recorded in New York in 2006. The CD - to accompany Martin Scorsese's Rolling Stones documentary Shine A Light - will come out in March.

The announcement comes as the band considers its options after its record deal with troubled EMI ends next month.

The Stones, who have been with EMI for 16 years, will be free to talk to other labels when that deal ends.

The band are looking forward to working with Universal Music and are excited about this new venture

Rolling Stones spokesman

A new deal would incorporate the Stones' back catalogue from 1971 onwards - which is owned by the band - as well as new recordings.

But an EMI spokesman said: "The Rolling Stones have not signed to Universal and they have not left EMI."

Shine A Light, which will open next month's Berlin Film Festival, features coverage of two gigs played at New York's Beacon Theatre in autumn 2006 as well as rare archive and behind-the-scenes footage.

Special guests Jack White, of the White Stripes, and singer Christina Aguilera joined the Stones onstage.

A spokesman for the Rolling Stones said: "The band are looking forward to working with Universal Music and are excited about this new venture."

Job losses

Meanwhile, Universal - whose artists include Elton John, the Scissor Sisters and the Kaiser Chiefs - said it was proud to be working with "true music legends".

News of the deal follows reports that other EMI giants, including Kylie Minogue and Coldplay, are considering jumping ship.

The deal will trigger speculation that the Rolling Stones are considering following the lead of long-time contemporary Sir Paul McCartney, as well as Radiohead, in leaving the label.

After leaving EMI, Sir Paul branded the label "boring", saying its handling of his music was "symbolic of the treadmill".

Last week, Robbie Williams' manager Tim Clark said the singer would withhold new records if assurances were not given over marketing and promotion.

EMI's recent woes were compounded earlier this week when Mr Hands announced the loss of between 1,500 and 2,000 jobs in a bid to reduce costs by £200m a year.

Mr Hands, the boss of private equity firm Terra Firma - which bought EMI for £3.2bn last year - said the changes would allow the label to target investment in new acts.

The Rolling Stones, renowned for extensive tours, were the highest-earning musical act between June 2006 and 2007 making $88m (£43m), according to US business publication Forbes.

Last August, their A Bigger Bang World Tour came to an end at London's O2 Arena.

The tour grossed $437m (£217m), Forbes said.

Band members Ronnie Wood and Keith Richards controversially flouted the month-old smoking ban by lighting up on the O2 stage.

The pair escaped with a fine.

Stones guitarist is new frontman for Louis Vuitton

Rolling Stones guitarist and rock-and-roll bad boy Keith Richards is to become the new public face of Louis Vuitton, the French luxury fashion house said on Tuesday.

For his first ever ad campaign, the 64-year-old Richards -- who has a rocky history of drug use -- is seen cradling his guitar on a hotel-room bed, the lights part obscured by skull-print black drapes.

"Some journeys cannot be put into words. New York. 3 am. Blues in C," runs the slogal of the ad, shot by US photographer Annie Leibovitz and due to appear in the magazine press next month.

Richards plans to donate the fee for the ad to the Climate Project, launched by Nobel-winning former US vice-president Al Gore and backed by Louis Vuitton.

Famous faces stars to have represented Vuitton in the past include former Russian leader Mikhail Gorbachev, French screen icon Catherine Deneuve, and US actresses Scarlett Johansson and Uma Thurman.

Jagger: I’ll Never Write An Autobiography

ROLLING STONE SIR MICK JAGGER has warned fans he will never write an autobiography, because he hates thinking about the past.

The singer famously sent back a $4 million (£2 million) advance to a publishing house after changing his mind about a memoir.

And at 64, he insists there’s no chance he will follow in the footsteps of bandmate Ronnie Wood, and share his secrets with the world.

Jagger says, "I hate those confessionals. I never read autobiographies. I hate the whole thing about looking back. It’s just dull. I’d rather look forward. We’re here, we’re doing it. It’s not about why, it’s about ‘this is it.’"

Source: pr-inside