Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

The Killers

The Killers head US Download bill The Killers' debut album, Hot Fuss, has won them many awards Electro-rock band The Killers will headline the first Download Festival to be held in the US. The event, which will be held on 8 October in California, will follow the UK version, showcasing interactive media and technology. The Killers' debut album, Hot Fuss, has sold 2.2 million copies in the US and brought them wide acclaim in Europe. Joining them on the bill are Doves, Modest Mouse and The Arcade Fire, with tickets going on sale on 31 July. This year's UK version of the event, held over three days in Donnington Park, Derby, drew a crowd of 150,000 people to see bands including Black Sabbath, Feeder and Billy Idol. The US version hopes to replicate the commercial success of its British counterpart, with a line-up geared to appeal to a wide audience. The Killers have been touring for more than 18 months, including gigs at Glastonbury and London's Live 8 concert in Hyde Park in July. The Download concert is expected to be their last performance for a while, as the band prepares to begin work on their second album.

Posted Image

The Killers frontman Brandon Flowers sees the bright side of his band's sold-out Friday night show near New York City. The Las Vegas quartet, whose album Hot Fuss has been on the Billboard Top 100 for 67 weeks, wraps up its North American tour this month in Vancouver.

Killers give details on new LP, and admit they kind of like Fall Out BoyNext week in Vancouver, British Columbia, the Killers will finally end their year-and-a-half-long world tour in support of their debut album, Hot Fuss — a tour that has helped turn them into international rock superstars and make their hometown of Las Vegas known for something other than gambling and triple-digit heat.But just how does the band plan on spending its time off? Well, it actually sounds pretty tiring."We're just looking forward to getting home, but it's not going to be us not seeing each other or anything like that," drummer Ronnie Vannucci said. "We can't wait to get back into the garage, hammer out ideas for songs, go out for dinners together, work on the new album. You know, do sh-- like that."It's no secret that the Killers have been working the follow-up to Fuss for almost a year, whether during soundchecks (see "Killers' To-Do List: Lawsuit, Long-Form Video, Beef With The Bravery") or in the middle of the night on the tour bus (see "Killers, Louis XIV Get Busy At The Back Of The Tour Bus"). But hard-and-fast details about the new album have been scarce — until now."I don't know if I'm allowed to say or not, but I think we're going to do the album with [producers] Flood and Alan Moulder," Vannucci said. "We're playing around with a bunch of different ideas, and we'll never really know what anything will sound like until they're done. I don't think one would be expecting to have another 'Somebody Told Me' on the record. But who knows? It's not done yet."Together and separately, Flood and Moulder have worked on some of the most influential albums of the past 15 years, including the Smashing Pumpkins' Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, My Bloody Valentine's Loveless, Depeche Mode's Violator and two U2 albums, not to mention almost all of Nine Inch Nails' LPs (Moulder also mixed Hot Fuss). The Killers plan on hitting the studio with the British pair sometime in January, though there's no tentative release date for the new album, especially since Vannucci is quick to add that they're in no real rush to record anything."We want to take our time with this one, make sure everything's right," he said. "We've earned the right to do that with this album."An extended studio stay also means that the band — or, more precisely, frontman Brandon Flowers — will probably be able to avoid any further beef with artists on the Island Records roster. The group had a brief war of words they had with labelmates the Bravery a few months back, and just last week there was another feud, this one between the Killers and recent Island signees Fall Out Boy (see "Killers Get More Beef — This Time With Fall Out Boy"). And for Vannucci, a beef-free diet would be a very good thing."I mean, everybody's got an opinion, and if someone asks [brandon] something, he's going to say it. We don't always agree with him, but that's his prerogative," he sighed. "I think this falls along the same lines. I hadn't even heard about this thing with Fall Out Boy until a few days ago, and I still don't get it. We got nothing against those guys at all. And I kind of like that song they've got ['Sugar, We're Goin Down']. It's catchy."

EOnline.comMORE FUSS: The Killers reissuing their album Hot Fuss in a limited-edition boxed set featuring individual seven-inch vinyl singles for every track on the album, Billboard reports.

(Pagesix.com)WHINING KILLER BRANDON Flowers is fast becoming the Axl Rose of modern rock. The irascible frontman for platinum-selling band The Killers — who was famously embroiled in a verbal slap- fight with his Island/Def Jam labelmates The Bravery — is now beefing with MTV faves Fall Out Boy, who also call Island/Def Jam home. Flowers drew first diss when he complained that the label's A&R man, Rob Stevenson, was showering Fall Out Boy with attention that "should have gone to The Killers." Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz shot back that Flowers' sniping was "ridiculous" and announced that his band would poke fun at him with a song called, "You Can't Spell 'Star' Without A&R."

The Killers put on a free show in Vegas

FreeIndie.com

Pioneers of the indie rock explosion (now signed to Island Records), The Killers will be putting on a free concert in Sin City on Wednesday, August 23rd. Here's the show poster:

Posted Image

So here's what you need to know: Doors open at 8:30, but get there as early as you can, and wait in line. If you think waiting in line is for suckers, pick up an admission wrist band anytime tomorrow at the Tower Records located at 4580 W. Sahara Ave - Las Vegas, Nevada. Visit the official Myspace Secret Shows Profile for more info on early admission wrist bands. The concert will be held at:

Celebrity

201 N 3rd St

Las Vegas, NV 89101

Since this venue is off the Vegas strip, you may want to bring a weapon to protect yourself with. Last time I ventured off the Vegas strip, I ended up at the knife point of a large man named Keno. True story - I never lie to you guys.

Unfortunately, the show is 18+. Sorry kids. But hey, you can always watch their latest music video for When You Were Young.

Tim Burton is taking his bones beyond the big screen. The outlandish director is creating a music video for The Killers, set in swinging, historic Las Vegas. Burton filmed a recent concert in L.A. and is now working with animators in London for "Bones," the next single from the band's upcoming Sam's Town album, due out Oct. 3.

THE KILLERS frontman BRANDON FLOWERS ran over and almost killed a pedestrian after he walked out infront of his car. Flowers admitted the incident when questioned about the most dangerous thing he had ever done. He says, "I hit a man with a car once. It was dark and he was drunk and he walked in front of me. "He broke my windshield, and even when the ambulance came, he didn't get up." However, Flowers assures that the man was not badly injured, saying, "Don't worry, he's alive and well."

contactmusic

Holy Moly

Somebody Told Us

One of the best spats of last year was the fallout between The Killers and Fall Out Boy, made all the more delicious because not only do they share a record label but also the same A&R man.

Killers vocalist Brandon Flowers (crazy name, crazy Mormon) accused his label mates of hogging their company resources, following a suicide attempt by Fall Out Boy's bassist, and emo-made-flesh, Pete Wentz.

The wonderful news is that they're all friends now and they continue to share record company personnel; one of whom just happens to be one of our favourite moles. And his verdict?

Fall Out Boy? "Humble, work hard and all-round nice blokes."

The Killers? "Utter fucking arseholes and no end of trouble."

Frankly, we're shocked at all these things they've done (groan).

panachereport.com

"It's exciting to think we could have a black president. It's exciting to think we could have a woman president. It's a step in a great direction." The Killers” front man Brandon Flowers is eager to vote for change in the 2008 US presidential elections.

Brandon Flowers Walks Off

Filed under: Brandon Flowers

Posted Image

The Killers cancelled a show mid-show in Colorado last night after Brandon Flowers split after the second song. I woulda freaked my shit completely. Not that the Killers are a band to get freaked out about but concert tickets are all expensive and stuff! Going to a concert is like drudgery nowadays, especially at an arena or whatever. And you sit through shitty opening bands and then this happens? I would have thrown my weed and hidden nip bottles at the stage in protest! Kidding. I don't smoke weed and I use a flask.

A doctor took the stage just before 10 p.m. and told the crowd that it would be a detriment to Brandon Flowers' voice if he sang Thursday night.

Ronnie Vannucci, Jr., the band's drummer, told the audience they would come back to make it up to their fans.

It is unclear when that make up concert would be scheduled for or how people can get a refund if they cannot attend.

And sometimes "throat injury" = "complete mental breakdown" or "too stoned to play". We'll see how this pans out. Trust no one!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: J. Harvey

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/18/brando...s_walks_off.php

i actually dont doubt that he has throat problems as they have been on tour for quite a while on this tour. i saw them at madison square garden nyc last fall (2006) and recently saw them again in nj (april 27, 2007). you could tell flowers voice is kind of hoarse which happens when you have concert after concert. i remember when i saw u2 at msg this past tour, bono's voice had that "froggy croak" to it and it was no surprise because they had been touring for well over a year. looking at the killers concert schedule, you can see theyve done many dates in a row for a few months now. when the lead singer gets the "froggy croak" voice, it takes more than a single off day for the voice to recover........... ^_^

Romantic Brandon Flowers

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brandon Flowers says romance is "getting the baby to bed early".

The Killers frontman thinks he is a good husband to Tana Mumblowsky but admits the couple have struggled to spend quality time together since the birth of their son Ammon Richard, 19 months.

Brandon said: "It's not something we have meetings with our manager about but I do consider myself to be romantic.

"I know the right time to send flowers. Sometimes it is not on the calendar and it's not about Valentine's Day - it's knowing when to do it.

"Now, of course, a romantic evening is all about getting the baby to bed early. That's when the romance begins."

The 'Spaceman' singer also revealed he has never felt better since giving up alcohol.

He added to Britain's Daily Mirror newspaper: "I'm as healthy as a horse. Drinking definitely conflicted with what I was raised to believe and what I want my children to believe. When I think about the pain that came with it, it's a no-brainer.

"Music has taken the place of drinking for me. I write songs in a hotel room at 2am rather than go to a party. Now I'm even more excited about getting to that keyboard in the hotel room."

Source: monstersandcritics.com

Flowers Forced Off By Rowdy Fans

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THE KILLERS rocker BRANDON FLOWERS once stormed off-stage in the middle of a concert after the crowd got out of hand.

The frontman, currently touring Europe with the band, refuses to tolerate rowdy revellers at his gigs and was once so enraged he abandoned a show when an audience member hurled a towel at him.

He explains, "Over-enthusiastic girls and boys throw things like flags at us. I caught about five flags the other night.

"(Once) I couldn’t sing because my throat wouldn’t let me. We did this Killer karaoke thing and two girls came up to sing Mr. Brightside. Someone balled up a towel and hit me in the face. That was my exit."

Source: pr-inside

The Killers To Release Eagles Cover

The Killers have announced that they will release a cover of The Eagles' 1977 hit 'Hotel California' on November 30.

The group teamed up with Afro-Cuban musicians Rhythms Del Mundo to record the charity song for Artists Project Earth (APE), which raises awareness about climate change and natural disasters.

The track is already available on the Rhythms Del Mundo Classics album, which also includes cover versions from Amy Winehouse, Fall Out Boy, Editors and Keane.

The Killers released their last studio album Day & Age last November.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

The Killers Deny Split Reports

The Killers have denied claims that they are splitting up.

The Day & Age group have been forced to scrap a series of live dates in Australia and Asia, sparking rumors that they are disbanding.

A statement on the band's website says that the gigs were scrapped "due to the severity of the illness of a close family member".

It continues: "The band apologises to their Australian fans and asks for their understanding. The Killers still intend to perform at the Good Vibrations Festival’s Gold Coast and Melbourne shows next weekend.

"The Killers would also like to take this opportunity to assure their fans that any concerns about the future of the band are unfounded.

"They are all looking forward to some time off at the end of this tour as they have been on the road for a long time, but there are no plans for an indefinite hiatus."

Record label Island previously issued a statement quashing rumors that lead singer Brandon Flowers wanted to embark on a solo career.

Source digitalspy.co.uk