princess

Up All Night

Christina Applegate Quits Up All Night :shocked:

Entertainment February 8, 2013 AT 6:45PM By UsWeekly Staff

usmagazine.com

Can a show still go on without its lead actress? Fans of Up All Night will soon find out, as Christina Applegate is leaving the series after just two seasons.

"It's been a great experience working on Up All Night, but the show has taken a different creative direction, and I decided it was best for me to move on to other endeavors," the actress says in a statement to Us Weekly. "Working with Lorne Michaels has been a dream come true, and I am grateful he brought me into his TV family. I will miss the cast, producers, and crew, and wish them the best always."

Up All Night, part of NBC's Thursday night comedy lineup, featured Applegate and Will Arnett as a hip married couple whose lives are turned upside-down when they unexpectedly have a kid. It was inspired by the real-life experiences of series creator Emily Spivey, who exited the show in early January, prior to the sitcom's planned revamp, which would have seen it switch to a three-camera format for upcoming episodes.

NBC had no statement regarding the future of the sitcom, but Applegate already has her next gig lined up. She's set to reprise her role as Veronica Corningstone in the upcoming Anchorman sequel with Will Ferrell. Kristin Wiig, Paul Rudd, and Steve Carell are also among the star-studded ensemble.

"So excited Kristen Wiig has joined our cast for Anchorman 2," Applegate tweeted on Feb. 4. "Going 2 b best movie ever made. Besides the best movies ever made."

Too bad, I really liked this show.... Oooh, this reminds of a BI

Will Arnett to Play a Recently Divorced Man in New CBS Comedy Pilot

Entertainment February 21, 2013 AT 12:30PM By Zach Johnson

usmagazine.com

Will Arnett's next role hits close to home. The 42-year-old actor has been cast as the lead in an untitled comedy pilot for CBS, Entertainment Weekly reports. Arnett -- who split with wife Amy Poehler in September 2012, as first reported by Us Weekly -- will play a recently divorced single man.

Arnett's character's life becomes more complicated as his parents face their own martial issues. The pilot is being written and executive produced by Greg Garcia, who created FOX's Raising Hope and NBC's My Name Is Earl.

The news comes just after Christina Applegate, Arnett's onscreen wife, announced she was leaving Up All Night to "move on to other endeavors." Concurrently, Maya Rudolph -- who plays an over-the-top, out-of-work talk show host -- is pregnant in real life with her fourth child.

Up All Night is currently on hiatus as show creators work to reconfigure the Thursday night comedy as a multi-camera show with a live studio audience. When Applegate announced her exit from the series, she noted that "the show has taken a different creative direction." She added, "I will miss the cast, producers and crew, and wish them the best always."

Arnett, meanwhile, is gearing up for the fourth season of Arrested Development, which was revived by Netflix after its most recent episode aired on Fox in 2006. All 14 new episodes will debut simultaneously on Netflix and will feature special guest stars Kristen Wiig and Seth Rogen.

Well, looks like this show is circling the drain... :(

I really liked the 1st season but I guess I was in the minority or they wouldn't have restructured it the way they did, and I think it went downhill from there. So I wasn't hugely surprised when Emily Spivey left after they announced they were moving to multi-cam & a more traditional sitcom setup. Applegate's departure did surprise me, and now hearing about Arnett's new show - who the heck knows what will happen.....

Poor NBC. THey cannot get their shit together. I think Applegate is a tremendous comedian and have watched all the shows she's been in (though I never loved Married With Children...) but the writing just seems to go south after the first season.....

I really liked the 1st season but I guess I was in the minority or they wouldn't have restructured it the way they did, and I think it went downhill from there. So I wasn't hugely surprised when Emily Spivey left after they announced they were moving to multi-cam & a more traditional sitcom setup. Applegate's departure did surprise me, and now hearing about Arnett's new show - who the heck knows what will happen.....

Poor NBC. THey cannot get their shit together. I think Applegate is a tremendous comedian and have watched all the shows she's been in (though I never loved Married With Children...) but the writing just seems to go south after the first season.....

Hoya, your comment just reminded me of this article, which made for some interesting reading:

http://www.vulture.com/2013/02/has-nbc-pas...-no-return.html

In fact, just today it was in the news that NBC has fallen to 5th place, behind Univision. Egads.