cydonia

Sci Fi TV

OK, am loving Torchwood Children of Earth. I haven't finished it yet though - have watched one and two. Was searching for naked JOhn Barrowman screen captures (episode 2!!) and found a great Youtube video from DVD extras - John singing Anything Goes - I love that song & musical, and also John Barrowman. So Youtube just sucked me in for a good 45 minutes searching for other videos of him singing :4biggrin:

OK, am loving Torchwood Children of Earth. I haven't finished it yet though - have watched one and two. Was searching for naked JOhn Barrowman screen captures (episode 2!!) and found a great Youtube video from DVD extras - John singing Anything Goes - I love that song & musical, and also John Barrowman. So Youtube just sucked me in for a good 45 minutes searching for other videos of him singing :4biggrin:

I LOVED it! I thought it was the best thing they've done with Torchwood! Creepy and brilliant!

I LOVED it! I thought it was the best thing they've done with Torchwood! Creepy and brilliant!

My boyfriend loves this show. I'm not a sci-fi fan and never paid much attention to Torchwood, other than a glance or two if it was on when I was in the living room. But I've gotta say, we TiVo'd the "Children of the Earth" and it was very good! I watched all the episodes and it was indeed "creepy and brilliant' - a spot on description, daq! Not to sound all Gwyneth about British v. US, but one thing I love about the British shows is that they don't drag them on for years like the US shows (hello ER, Friends...) and that they aren't afraid to lose a character (the shows seem more character driven than actor/actress driven) to make the series move in a certain direction.

I just watched stargate Universe last night and I think we should petition the stargate producers to rename this show Stuff We Ripped Off From Star Trek. Back on the original Star Gate series when they built their first spaceship they had a pretty good line about not being able to name the ship the Enterprise, but alot of the post showtime stuff rips things off from other TV shows and now they are doing a copy of another TV show entirely. But at least they did it with humor sometimes. George Lucas never really had a case when he sued the producers of the Original BattleStar Galactica, but if Paramount wanted to make the same case against the StarGate franchise, they would win hands down. I also can't stand these types of TV shows where the entire episode is taken up by we need to find air to breathe, where all the characters are just basically waiting around to die. Poor writing in my opinion. The original star Gate series was fun, even if they did rip off Star trek and other TV shows alot. The last two series were just sad. I'd watch Star Trek Enterprise over this (and I hated Star Trek Enterprise).

Edited by alpierce

Jason Momoa To Play Conan

Posted 2 hrs ago by Josh Wigler in Dark Horse, News

The search for Conan is over, as "Stargate Atlantis" star Jason Momoa has been cast as Robert E. Howard's famous Cimmerian warrior.

Deadline Hollywood reports that the previously rumored Momoa is in negotiations to star as Conan in Marcus Nispel's upcoming reinvention of the classic fantasy hero. The news couldn't come soon enough given the fact that production on "Conan" is slated to begin on March 15 in Bulgaria.

By securing the role of Conan, Momoa beat out rival competitor Kellan Lutz, the "Twilight" actor that confirmed his status as a "Conan" contender just last week.

According to the report, Nispel was already sold on Momoa for the film's lead but the folks at Millennium Films, Lionsgate and rights holder Paradox Entertainment weren't as convinced. After shooting test footage with Momoa, however, Nispel was able to sway the film's backers, leading to the latest casting.

"Conan" isn't Momoa's only upcoming fantasy role. Aside from his science fiction work on "Stargate," the actor is slated to appear in HBO's upcoming series "Game of Thrones," based on the fantasy series written by George R. R. Martin.

Keep it locked into Splash Page for more "Conan" movie news as it develops.

LOL...well, then fine...I guess I'm the only one concerned if he can act or not and can do Conan's character any justice. :4biggrin:

I doubt anyone will be able to replace the governator as Conan. His thick Austrian accent really lent something to the character even if he couldn't act. I still watch that movie when it is on.

I doubt anyone will be able to replace the governator as Conan. His thick Austrian accent really lent something to the character even if he couldn't act. I still watch that movie when it is on.

I ♥ Arnie for his action character roles. The accent works for me too.

Breaking: Starz acquires 'Torchwood'

by Michael Ausiello

Categories: News, Scoop, Torchwood

Image Credit: Adrian RogersCaptain Jack is back — and Starz has him!

The cable net has acquired U.S. television rights to the next installment of Torchwood. The 10-episode cycle is slated to air in summer 2011 on both Starz (in the U.S.) and BBC One (in the UK).

Several new characters are expected to come on board, joining franchise vets John Barrowman and Eve Myles. Russell T. Davies, meanwhile, will be back as showrunner.

The new episodes will take on more of an “international scope,” says Starz, adding, “The new series will allow Davies and his writing team to tell a more explosive and global story, one that takes advantage of the unlimited narrative opportunities of a premium television service like Starz.”

The news comes several weeks after Fox passed on a U.S. version of Torchwood.

SOOOOOOOO excited! The "real" version of Torchwood, I sincerely hope!!! No watered down americanized (sanitized) Captain Jack, please!!!!! WIth Davies in charge, it should be good.....

What's Torchwood about Hoya? Am I missing something if I haven't seen this series?

I was late to Torchwood, but late to Doctor Who as well. Capt Jack Harkness is a characte that showed up in Doctor Who a few years ago (as is Torchwood Institute) so it's similar in feel to Doctor Who. And of course, Russell Davies heads both shows (well, the past few years of Doctor Who - don't think he's doing the current series?) I'm not a real sci-fi geek so I'm not the best person to ask about this sort of thing ;-) Torchwood is character drama oriented. There's action, and gadgets, of course, but it's more about the people than the "sci fi". Set in Cardiff, Wales.

Plus, Capt Jack Harkness (John Barrowman) is HAWT. OMFG he is so hot. Of course, he's gay, and married, but I do not care. John Barrowman and Neil Patrick Harris are my primary examples why that asshole Newsweek writer was full of shit. I have NO PROBLEM fantasizing about gay leading men :-) Capt Jack is omnisexual, though (the character).

I don't know if it's available on Hulu or any other free options to watch old seasons - but I highly recommend catching a couple episodes to see if you like it. That's all it took me! I think we started watching Season 2 and they had a marathon of all Season one on scyfy so we got caught up....There aren't many seasons. It's nice to watch in order, because I hate to start watching a show after a character dies and not know what s/he was like before I know they die. If that makes sense ;-)

I've seen pics of John Barrowman and agree, he's definitely good-looking. Thanks for the info Hoya, appreciate that you took the time to fill me in. :1smile: I'll have to see if I can track down some early episodes to check out.

Quark was a kind of comedy sci fi ........ with Joan Van Ark...

(think it was cancelled after only one season )

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

117 MB | 3:40 | 720 x 480 | MPEG-2 | Choice of Rapidshare or Megaupload | http://www.megaupload.com/?d=AZ5W094F

http://rapidshare.com/files/250824769/Joan...uark.S1E5.1.mpg

85 MB | 2:51 | 720 x 480 | MPEG-2 | Choice of Rapidshare or Megaupload | http://www.megaupload.com/?d=S1M9A7UM

http://rapidshare.com/files/250834045/Joan...uark.S1E5.2.mpg

38 MB | 1:13 | 720 x 480 | MPEG-2 | Choice of Rapidshare or Megaupload | http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PXWWPS2Q

http://rapidshare.com/files/250838352/Joan...uark.S1E6.1.mpg

38 MB | 1:16 | 720 x 480 | MPEG-2 | Choice of Rapidshare or Megaupload | http://www.megaupload.com/?d=1HLCP04I

http://rapidshare.com/files/250839976/Joan...uark.S1E6.2.mpg

129 MB | 4:57 | 720 x 480 | MPEG-2 | Choice of Rapidshare or Megaupload | http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6T9Z9KYH

http://rapidshare.com/files/250843518/Joan...uark.S1E6.3.mpg

Doctor WHO! Anyone else watch it this weekend? :-)

Which reminds me I never saw the American Torchwood and now I must order the dvd or get Netflix or something. And I just got caught in a YouTube spiral of John Barrowman singing. That man does NOT AGE. Seriously, he is gorgeous and looks 20 yrs younger than he is. Like Rob Lowe never ages.....