HoneyBunny

TV shows that you USED to watch

I don't think there are any shows I've stopped watching this season. I'm picky in the beginning of the season - we "audition" new shows to see which we want to keep on the DVR schedule :4biggrin: But I can't think of any that have dropped off. I dropped Greys Anatomy & Private Practice last year - I was recording and never wanted to watch them, so that told me something.....

Glee. Not my thing at all. Jury is still out for Hank, The Middle, Eastwick, Vampire Diaries, Flash Forward. I'm sure there will be others though.

I also liked Ugly Betty at first, but has gotten steadily worse. As they've moved it to Fridays this year, it's probably going to be its last season!

I gave up on Bones. I was too annoyed after the whole Zach thing and I hated the whole Angela/Hodges break-up as well(mostly the reasons for it). The show is nothing like it used to be, I barely recognized Booth by the end of my viewing experience and I got really really sick of the damn anvils regarding Booth&Brennan.

I gave up on Bones, then saw a new episode recently - why did Angela and Hodges break up?!?!

I thought I read that Ugly Betty was cancelled and now it is back! This must be the last year for it. Other shows I think need to be cancelled- Desparate Housewives, Lost, Heroes, that Christine show with whats her name from Seinfield, Law and Order SVU, CSI Miami with the red headed guy . I really like The Middle..it reminds me of early Roseanne shows just because the humor is pretty real and true to life. I think at one time or another we all can identify with its siturations lol!!!!!

Law & Order: SVU without a doubt. The stories just descended in to silliness as soon as Mariska Hargitay became Emmy eligible and have been worse with each subsequent season. "Jumping the shark" doesn't even scratch the surface of how far it's fallen.

Survivor- good riddance

:hellowave:

this would be my response for virtually ALL the reality shows out there because the LAST thing those shows are is real (there are some though, like Deadliest Catch, which are very watchable but I see them as a whole different genre).

Law & Order: SVU without a doubt. The stories just descended in to silliness as soon as Mariska Hargitay became Emmy eligible and have been worse with each subsequent season. "Jumping the shark" doesn't even scratch the surface of how far it's fallen.

It's a shame, especially since the first few seasons were quite good, I thought. Now, L&O:CI and the original L&O are far superior, but SVU seems to be the show that gets all the hype.

I get bored with shows amazingly fast, and there's very little "appointment television" that I watch. I usually just channel surf when I want TV.

Shows I used to watch pretty regularly but gave up on:

Weeds

Lost

Real Time w/ Bill Maher

Shows I have on the DVR:

Glee

Grey's Anatomy

I actually gave up on Grey's Anatomy for a season or so, but came back after I had a baby. It was my ONE HOUR a week that I made my husband watch the boy while I had guaranteed peace and quiet baby-free time. I didn't even mind the Ghost Denny thing. Chandra Wilson is worth watching by herself! And the season finale where George was in the accident was one of the best episodes of television I've ever seen.

Doesn't Big Love start back tonight?? We had to give up HBO due to $$$$$$. I am heartbroken that I can't see that show anymore.

My current guilty pleasure? "Say Yes to the Dress" and "What Not to Wear." Actually, probably almost anything on TLC. :unsure:

Edited by sheila

Sheila, I am addicted to "Say Yes to the Dress" since my daughter asked me to help plan her wedding. We found her dress (couture) at a huge discount and I'm shocked by how much $$ people spend on their dress at Kleinfeld's. I watch David Turturro's show but I absolutely cannot stand and no longer watch "Bridezillas" because some of those brides-to-be are just whiny, immature and selfish.

I dropped out Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice awhile ago.

Any and all of the CSI's are likewise dust these days. I only watch if the old ones come on A&E.

Current guilty pleasures RHOBH. Please don't ask why -- maybe I am just mystified that all that collagen actually moves.

I have a few of my favorite shows on DVD which is how I would much rather watch the shows because on the DVDs you see the episodes in their entirety. :) :) :)

God bless you always!!! :) :) :)

Holly

P.S. Right now I am waiting for the rest of Family Matters and Perfect Strangers to become available as well as Step By Step. :) :) :)

Not me. I haven't watched it in many years. I feel like it was around when Christina left (or maybe even before that) that I stopped watching. Lexie was relatively new then and Arizona and Callie were a hot couple. I think Bailey was just getting divorced?

• Like 1

Not me. I haven't watched it in many years. I feel like it was around when Christina left (or maybe even before that) that I stopped watching. Lexie was relatively new then and Arizona and Callie were a hot couple. I think Bailey was just getting divorced?

Sounds like we both quit about the same time, that's what I remember too.

I quit when "ghost" Denny made an appearance. I was not a fan of the character (I know, I know, I'm the only one) and I hated Izzy's storyline involving him, so when they brought him back, as a ghost no less (I know it turned out to be a hallucination from a tumor), I was out. During the previous season I had decided I was going to watch through the finale and then be done with the show but the season finale was so good that I decided to give the show once more chance. That turned out to be a mistake. I did watch the episode where they brought Burke back, though. I know the actor was a douche but Burke was a great character nonetheless

• Like 1

I saw that the brought back a new season of Prison Break last month. Kind of surprised it had such a strong following that they brought it back.