Hoyaheel

Award Shows 2017

Golden Globes on tonight - only show I like to watch because they get drunk & silly. Missed a lot of the red carpet (I cannot watch Ryan Seacrest!) I have Fashion Police recording tomorrow to get all the fashion ;-)

I don't know whose blood Felicity Huffman is drinking or bathing in, but she looks AMAZING. So vibrant and young. Crap, she looks younger than me and I know she's at least 10 years older ;-)

Just came to say Fucking Meryl Streep damn I love her!!!

Preach!!!!

[also, Viola Davis' intro was fucking amazing. Yes, I'm swearing a lot. I might have been drinking some red wine while watching....]

• Like 4

So, do we think the cheering for Brad, not normal during the rest of the show, was to show support for Team Brad?

As an aside, my two favorite movies this year were Sing Street and La La Land. I think light was what I needed this year. I hope it does get nominated for the oscar. Both movies were also movies I took my 12, now 13, year old and her best friend to see as well. Wide appeal.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

My husband was very VERY happy with the trend to extremely low V and U cut dresses!!!

I kept saying "you can only do that with very small breasts" and he'd say "those aren't small" and I'd have to tell him in fact, yes, they are - beautiful but small.

The reason Amy Schumer couldn't carry it off is that she's NOT an A cup and she had to add figure skating mesh to the front of her dress and that ruins the look. If you have to add mesh, don't bother. Go for a cut that is more flattering on your body!!! There are tons of dresses that look better on larger breasts than small breasts - choose that.....

Most annoying (I want to say pretentious again but that's not exactly what I mean) was Ryan Gosling's acceptance speech - calling Eva Mendes "My Lady" but mentioning EVERYONE else by name - including her brother who died of cancer. Was just an odd and unnecessary disconnect!

OK, most annoying was everyone portmanteauing/fucking up the movie titles for Hidden "Fences". But some of the tweets under that hashtag are funny as shit :-)

I read something that said Tom Hiddleston's speech -- I CANNOT BELIEVE he won over Courtney B. Vance, but that's another story -- was tone-deaf and pompous.

Poor Tom, he had such charm a few years ago, when hardly anything was known about him except his love for Shakespeare. Now, in this post-Taylor world, I'll never look at him the same.

• Like 1

I agre about Tom. He wanted to go big and serious with the topic and I kept waiting to see where it was going, but then, "and we keep them busy sometimes" just didn't quite pack the punch.

So, do we think the cheering for Brad, not normal during the rest of the show, was to show support for Team Brad?

That is how I took it.

http://pagesix.com/2017/01/09/billy-bob-thornton-and-laura-dern-in-the-same-room-twitter-erupts/

Missed opportunity - why weren't these people seated together at Golden Globes? :P

“Why wasn’t [sic] Brad Pitt, Billy Bob Thornton, Laura Dern, Vince Vaughn & Justin Theroux seated at the same table? #MissedOpportunity,” a fellow user tweeted.

• Like 2

Finally watching Fashion Police. Not agreeing - a lot of them like the ethereal type dresses and I didn't like most of them - Lily Collins, Nicole Kidman, Drew Barrymore.

My favorite I think is Kristin Bell - love the way she did the plunge, black sequins covering the rest. Looks great. Liked Evan Rachel Wood's tuxedo.

I did not watch People's Choice. Does anyone? :-)

Yes, and i only know that because my Fashion Police is set to record so I checked to see what awards show it was for ;-)

The Oscar nominations come out tomorrow or next Tuesday??

Spoiler alert:

I have had some wine, fair warning. Anyone else laugh their ass off at Winona Ryder when she was on stage for Stranger Things win? Was that as funny as I thought it was?!?!

• Like 1