Sign in to follow this  
WiLdFiRe

Project Runway

Is anyone else watching this anymore?

Two episodes ago they had the designers run around a track to decide who would be team leaders. One woman quit because she said the show was not her cup of tea. Although after 8 seasons, how could she not know what she was getting into?? Because she left, they brought back a contestant who had been let go, just to kick him off again an episode or two later. Lots of bickering on this season. Strange competitions like designing outfits for women who walk on stilts. Getting their supplies from Pet Palace and told to make outfits from these supplies. Not sure if anyone, designer-wise, stands out yet.

Two episodes ago they had the designers run around a track to decide who would be team leaders. One woman quit because she said the show was not her cup of tea. Although after 8 seasons, how could she not know what she was getting into?? Because she left, they brought back a contestant who had been let go, just to kick him off again an episode or two later. Lots of bickering on this season. Strange competitions like designing outfits for women who walk on stilts. Getting their supplies from Pet Palace and told to make outfits from these supplies. Not sure if anyone, designer-wise, stands out yet.

My daughter and I watch this. The Pet Palace challenge I liked but thought the stilt one was lame. I think they are grasping for new ideas when in my opinion if they would just design new outfits instead of running laps it would be more interesting.

I can't stand that kid with the fake accent! He's from Ohio! He says he went to Europe when he was 16. YOU'RE FROM OHIO, KNOCK IT OFF!

The old guy is annoying and needs to go.

My daughter and I watch this. The Pet Palace challenge I liked but thought the stilt one was lame. I think they are grasping for new ideas when in my opinion if they would just design new outfits instead of running laps it would be more interesting.

My favorite outfit from Pet Palace was the dress with birdseed on the top front. Second favorite was Aquarium rock dress. I thought the outfit that won, dog bedding for top of the dress, was pretty simple. I also could not get past the model's ridiculous eyebrows.

My favorite outfit from Pet Palace was the dress with birdseed on the top front. Second favorite was Aquarium rock dress. I thought the outfit that won, dog bedding for top of the dress, was pretty simple. I also could not get past the model's ridiculous eyebrows.

Edited by Desertdreaming

We watch it! Far too much product placement (yeah, I know Loreal, Piper Lime, Garnier Fructis and whoever are all sponsors, but STILL!), but I like the 90-minute format. It's interesting to hear Heidi and the judges talk about the designs and designers and I like the interaction with the stylists (and I think that stylist with the handlebar mustache - part Village People, part Folsom St. leather bar - is dreamy). None of the designers really stand out though, at least for their designs. For their whining and tantrums, yes. For their clothes, not so much.

I agree that none are really standing out this year especially for all the piss and vinegar some of them hand out.

Anya is interesting and I can see her style being very popular with the rich resort crowd. Oliver/Olivier is quite boring to me. I thought Josh M. had potential but now think he's more hot air then substance. Otherwise, I don't know who will win and I'm not really caring which is unusal.

There's already pics online from the fashion show in which they had alot of the designers participate so you won't know who the final 3 are and surprise - alot of black, white and grey and more black, white and grey.

I'm watching! Anya is my fav. Like her outfits, but really like that she's self taught, only just recently learned to sew, and manages to try something she's never done before each challenge. :smileapprove:

I'm watching! Anya is my fav. Like her outfits, but really like that she's self taught, only just recently learned to sew, and manages to try something she's never done before each challenge. :smileapprove:

I like Anya but I am not sure that I buy into the idea that she just learned how to sew 4 motnhs ago -- her dye jobs and the pleating of her last outfit don't look like someone who is inexperienced.

I totally disagreed with sending Anthony Ryan home. Joshua should have been sent home two shows ago.

I am surprised that Bert is still there but kind of glad -- I like pulling for the underdog.

Did I hear a rumor that 7 designers showed at fashion week?

Did I hear a rumor that 7 designers showed at fashion week?

They always do that. They don't want to give away who the top 3 are live at Fashion Week when the episodes have not aired yet. Since still 7 contestants in the episodes, all 7 get to show at fashion week. Then they just edit out the non top 3 when they air the episode. Always thought if I were in the top 3, but all 7 actually get to show at fashion week I would be pissed :D

Anyone else going to be watching "After the Runway" episode this week?? Here's an article if you don't know about it:

"After the Runway" Premieres This Week, Hosted by Marie Claire's Zanna Roberts Rossi

By LifetimeCaitlin Tue., Oct. 4, 2011 ,1:31 pm EDT

Go Behind-the-Scenes and Find Out How The Designers

Really 'Make It Work'…

LIFETIME ORDERS NEW SERIES, "AFTER THE RUNWAY",

TO AIR IMMEDIATELY FOLLOWING "PROJECT RUNWAY"

Companion Series Set to Premiere this Thursday, October 6, and Air

for Remainder of Emmy®-Nominated Program's Ninth Season

LOS ANGELES, (October 3, 2011) – To satisfy fan demand for more "Runway," Lifetime has ordered four half-hour episodes of "After the Runway," an all-new companion series to the network's Emmy® Award-nominated unscripted program "Project Runway." Giving viewers additional commentary and insight into the hit show from its designers themselves, "After the Runway" will premiere this Thursday, October 6, 2011, at 10:30/9:30c, immediately following "Project Runway," and air for the remainder of its ninth season.

"After the Runway," hosted by Marie Claire Senior Fashion Editor, Zanna Roberts Rossi, will have the exclusive first interview with each week's eliminated designer and provide viewers a unique opportunity to go beyond the runway and hear first-hand what really goes on behind-the-scenes of "Project Runway." The show will feature in-depth, roundtable debates, and passionate discussions with "Runway's" standout designers as they answer pressing questions about what happened both on and off the runway during that evening's episode.

Absolutely I will watch this. A potential bitch fight is like a train wreck -- somehow you just can't turn away. :shocked:

Dang - too much work this month! I'm hoping they do a weekend marathon so I can up and also want to see the 'after the runway' episodes.

I like Viktor for the win followed by Anya. I cannot see either Josh or Kimberly winning.

I like Viktor for the win followed by Anya. I cannot see either Josh or Kimberly winning.

Agreed that Viktor or Anya will be the winner.

Watched both episodes of AFter the Runway - not too impressed. If I was doing a marathon of episodes, I would skip it. Since I'm watching only 1 episode per week, I'll watch it grudgingly.

Is anyone watching Project Runway All Stars?? I like it so far.

I have both saved on TiVo, hoping to watch tonight :D

Is anyone watching Project Runway All Stars?? I like it so far.

I have both saved on TiVo, hoping to watch tonight :D

I didn't even know it had started and caught the preview and this week's episode in far-too-much-TV-time on Thursday. I didn't know the format and was surprised with the total recasting of the hostess, judges and mentor, but really like the revamp - the show needed it. Mizrahi has relevant critiques and is fun to listen to. The new mentor, Joanna Coles, is really like a female Tim Gunn in a Tabatha Coffey sort of way (but Tim rules supreme!). The Heidi replacement has THE MOST FROZEN FOREHEAD I've seen! She looks like a marionette - only her mouth moves when she talks.

If it wasn't all stars, I wouldn't like the new judge/mentor staff. Nice change though for all stars :)

i kind of liked them -- but that might be because I am sooo tired of the cattiness of Michael and Nina (and the fact that they allowed Gretchen to win over Mondo :shocked: ) -- the new hostess though seems like she is trying to channel Heidi.

I see Mondo, Austin and Rimi in the final three.

Posted Image

Heidi Klum and Georgina Chapman at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards

It's a very "Project Runway" Golden Globes! Heidi Klum (wearing Calvin Klein) strikes a pose with Marchesa co-founder and "Project Runway All Stars" judge Georgina Chapman at a Golden Globes party on Sunday night.

I'm not sure I agree they all deserve to be on an 'all stars' but I was really enjoying this season. That is right up until they decided to bring in a puppet to be a judge.

On other boards, people were just loving the pig but I thought it was a bit much and a new low for the show.

I am always impressed who gets involved in promotion every time a new Muppets movie comes out (they always get the A-listers, every time!!) so I'm not surprised. At the same time, I love that Muppets are still as popular as when they came out in the 70's, so I didn't mind that they incorporated that into Project Runway episode - as long as it's only one episode :D Plus it made for a very unique client point of view, which clearly threw many of the designers for a loop.

Posted Image

I actually thought this would have made a GREAT Miss Piggy dress if she had just given her a belt and made it one length!! Even a dang rope tied around a few times at the waist would have made it perfect for Miss Piggy.

Posted Image

This one was prob my favorite dress, but soooooo not Miss Piggy.

Posted Image

Pretty sure I've actually seen Miss Piggy in this dress already.

Posted Image

One of my fav designers, and clearly totally missed this challenge. Miss Piggy in space for sure, not red carpet....

You can see all the outfits here.

I'm not sure I agree they all deserve to be on an 'all stars' but I was really enjoying this season.

To me, clearly a few of them were brought back only for their personality, not talent :D