Sign in to follow this  
princess

Oasis

quoteD:people.com"<strong>Alan White has been asked to leave Oasis by the other band members.</strong> There are no plans to replace Alan. The band's scheduled recording sessions remain unaffected." -- Oasis, headed by brothers Noel and Liam Gallagher, confirming on the band's Web site that they have fired drummer Alan White

http://www.dailytelegraph.news.com.au/stor...d=1267&storyi... 49 Oasis singer: I'm as good as Elvis August 4, 2005 MADRID: Oasis singer Liam Gallagher, one of the names set to top the bill at a giant pop festival in Spain, has told a Spanish newspaper that he and the late Elvis Presley are on the same level. "There's Elvis and me. I couldn't say which of the two is the best," Gallagher was quoted as saying, in remarks published in Spanish in the daily El Mundo. The British group was due to star in the country's foremost rock festival, at Benicassim on the tourist-packed Mediterranean coast. The festival runs for four nights starting tomorrow Oasis played Benicassim in 2000 and this year will join other top acts including The Cure, Australian Nick Cave and his group the Bad Seeds, and Keane, who are set to play before crowds of more than 30,000 a day if the previous two editions of the event are anything to go by.

3a.m.girls

9 December 2006

LIAM'S GEST OF HONOUR

THEY'VE been best friends for five minutes, but that didn't stop Liam Gallagher inviting David Gest to his missus's birthday bash.

The 34-year-old Oasis frontman and reality TV show fanatic showered eccentric Gest, 53, with compliments at London's Wolseley restaurant.

And he persuaded Gestie to join them at celeb haunt The Met Bar, to party until the early hours for Nicole Appleton's do the following night.

With them was King of the Jungle Matt Willis, 23, Noel Gallagher's girlfriend Sara McDonald, Nic's sister Natalie and her husband Liam Howlett.

An insider said: "They were like bosom buddies, sharing jungle tales with Liam."

30 December 2006

MID-LIFE CROASIS?

LIAM'S A FAN OF MCFLY!

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

FOUL-MOUTHED hardman of rock Liam Gallagher has found himself some new mates to er, hang with: McFly.

We can reveal the former Oasis brawler has struck up an extraordinary friendship with his cuddly young chums after they met on an ITV show.

So we just have to ask the loved-up Oasis singer: Liam, is everything all right mate?

Frontman Danny Jones tells us: "I was really star-struck when I met Liam. He's my idol but I did my best not to show it. He kept saying: 'I buzz off you guys man,' and said that he'd love to appeal to kids too.

"That made my year." Dad-of-three Liam has taken Danny, 20, Tom Fletcher, 21, Harry Judd, 20, and Dougie Poynter, 19, under his wing. Danny burbles: "When I met him I was expecting him to be rowdy like everyone imagines he'd be. But he's done with all that. Being a father has mellowed him - and he seemed quite innocent."

Danny reveals how Liam also gave them fatherly advice about being in the music biz.

He gushes: "We spoke about the bands and how I wanted us to be more accepted. We want to get invited to things like the NME Awards. He gave us really sound advice and stuff. He's so cool. We had such a laugh and I talked to him about shoes and jeans and it turns out we both love Clarks Wallabees shoes in classic beige." Crikey!

This month we told how Liam had become pals with I'm A Celeb's Matt Willis and David Gest after meeting Gesty during lunch with girlfriend Nicole Appleton.

Spotting Liza Minnelli's ex across the room at Wolseley in Piccadilly, London, Liam rushed over and declared: "I love you man, I voted for you in the jungle.

He got him to call former Busted star Matt who said: "David goes, 'There's some guy here. He keeps kissing me and telling me I'm awesome. His name's Liam.'

"Suddenly I hear, 'Hey, sound! You're ace, kid. You did really well.' I was like, 'Hello Liam!'"

It gets worse. Take That's Gary Barlow says that Liam always gives him a huge hug whenever they bump into each other.

Expect news of a duet with Sir Cliff in the new year!

3.a.m.girls

5 February 2007

LIAM'S DIG AT FAN

LIAM Gallagher clearly has high standards when it comes to the ladies.

The Oasis rocker blasted one male fan backstage at a recent gig for talking to two (not unattractive) female groupies.

Liam barked at him: "Don't like yours much. You should have gone to Spec Savers, mate."

Charming...

3amgirls

NOEL'S BALD AMBITIONS

NOEL Gallagher says he's only accepting his Outstanding Contribution award from this year's Brits because he wants it while he's still young enough to enjoy it.

"I want to do it before I go bald," Noel, 39, said. "I'd like to do it before I'm 40 and still young enough to legitimately wear a black leather jacket. I'm glad we're getting it now. When footage is shown of future Brits, there won't only be fat, old geezers accepting it."

But there are signs that respectable middle-age is catching up with the Oasis frontman.

"You have to know when to stop," he says. "Either when your bank manager says you're bankrupt, or when you're in hospital with your liver beside you in a glass box." Pleasant thought.

Roll With It

Most welcome sight of the Brits was the two dumbfounded Oasis brothers when confronted by Ana Matronic from the Scissor Sisters, who put the pair in their mono-browed place after their having slagged off the Sisters in the past.

Several minutes of one way vitriol ended with Ana pinching the bemused cheeks of the Gallagher brothers and being congratulated for her forthright attitude by the Oasis WAGs who confirmed in front of the fuming pair of hairy dwarves that the brothers were idiots and that Scissor Sisters were the musical choice de jour in the respective Gallagher households.

Source: HOLY MOLY

I want to play Glasto solo, says Noel Gallagher

04/04/2007

Oasis rocker Noel Gallagher desperately wants a solo slot at this year's iconic Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, England.

The Live Forever star has made a direct appeal to Glastonbury organiser Michael Eavis.

The 39-year-old said: "Glastonbury Acoustic Tent sounds nice! That would be good."

But Gallagher fears that, if his request is successful, he might find himself playing at the same time as a band he wants to see.

"He'd probably put me on at the same time as the Arctic Monkeys," joked Gallagher.

Source: Ireland Online

Oasis Singer Liam Gallagher Marries Longtime Girlfriend

PEOPLE

Happy Valentine's Day, indeed.

Oasis singer Liam Gallagher married his longtime girlfriend, All Saints singer Nicole Appleton, on Thursday, his rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The ceremony took place in London's Westminster Register Office (where, oddly enough, Gallagher also wed his first wife, Patsy Kensit).

According to U.K. music news site NME.com, the wedding was so secret, even Liam's bandmate brother Noel Gallagher was kept in the dark.

The pair – who have been together eight years – have a 6-year-old son, Gene.

Gallagher split from Kensit (with whom he has a son, Lennon) in 2000.

Appleton was previously engaged to British singer Robbie Williams.

Gallagher Confirms Solo Career

NOEL GALLAGHER has confirmed he's planning to launch a solo career - just two months after he walked away from OASIS.

The Wonderwall hitmaker stunned fans when he quit the Britpop pioneers as they prepared to go onstage at the Rock en Seine festival in Paris, France in August (09), following a fight with his singer brother Liam.

Liam recently confirmed the band will not continue without the guitarist, and Noel has now spoken out about his plans to go solo.

He says, "I'm looking forward to doing my own thing, bringing out my own music. I'm glad that's what people want to hear. I am not thinking about much else, Oasis or Liam, I'm just having a good time."

Source contactmusic

Gallagher: 'Fight Was Excuse For Noel To Quit Oasis'

Liam Gallagher has finally lifted the lid on the true story behind the Oasis split - his brother Noel used their furious bust-up as an excuse to quit the band.

Guitarist Noel walked away from the group after a backstage row with singer Liam before a show in Paris, France in August.

But Liam insists Noel had "wanted out" for some time, and has slammed his brother for not having "the b**locks" to admit to the band and their fans that he wanted to go solo.

In an interview with Italy's Radio Deejay station, Liam says: "To be quite honest, I think our kid (Noel) wanted out. But you'll have to ask him when he comes in and does his little solo thing. We had an argument - but we've had bigger ones, about more important people. Basically, I think he wanted out, wanted something different, but he hadn't got the b**locks to tell the band or the fans."

Liam also confirms the bust-up was sparked by an argument over a smashed guitar - but insists both brothers were to blame.

He adds, "I didn't smash it (the guitar) on him, I wish I had, man. He sort of... treated my guitar poorly, which was a present off (sic) my wife. So I thought it was only fair to pay the compliment (back) so I smashed one of his. It sounds ridiculous, like a pair of old women."

But the singer is already bouncing back from the demise of the legendary Britpop group - he's planning to return to the stage within two months.

He adds, "I'll be back doing that (playing live) within a couple of months. I've just done a tour, I always miss singing songs. I miss the people. We're sort of doing things at the moment. Not Oasis, Oasis is done. Everyone (all the Oasis band mates) except for Noel."

Source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0WncMAfDH

Gene Simmons urges Oasis brothers to continue fighting

KISS star Gene Simmons hopes former Oasis bandmates Noel and Liam Gallagher continue their ongoing feud - because their constant fighting makes them the most "interesting" stars of British music.

The band was thrown into turmoil last year after guitarist Noel walked out following a massive argument with his brother backstage at a music festival in France. The news came after years of infighting and public spats between the brothers.

Noel is now planning a solo career, while singer Liam will continue to make music with the rest of his Oasis bandmates.

But Simmons hopes the split won't put an end to the siblings' feuding - because he loves hearing about their arguments.

He tells British radio station XFM, "God bless the U.K. for giving the world the music that makes all our lives better. I like Keane, I like Arctic Monkeys, Franz Ferdinand write great songs. What's missing is stars. I don't care what they do, who they're sh**ging, where they live... they're not interesting people.

"The most interesting people to me are the Gallagher brothers. The interesting thing about them is they're drug addicts and alcoholics and they fight with each other. That's really it."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0hSjgfYXu