Sign in to follow this  
princess

Destiny’s Child

Posted Image

Destiny's Child singers Michelle Williams (left) and Kelly Rowland are desert queens as they go for a ride near Dubai in the United Arab Emirates on Tuesday. The pair, along with Beyonce Knowles, performed in the Mideast city on Thursday as part of their world tour.

Tycoon son's bar mitzvah has Beyoncé and $7M tab

nydailynews.com

By TRACY CONNOR

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

A British billionaire is reportedly spending $7 million to throw a coming-of-age party for his son that will include private performances by Beyoncé and Destiny's Child.

Retailing magnate Philip Green flew more than 200 guests by chartered jet to a $2,000-a-night hotel in the South of France for the weekend, The Times of London reported.

A temporary synagogue was erected on the grounds of the Grand Hotel du Cap Ferrat for the religious ceremony, which marks a 13-year-old Jewish boy's transition to adulthood.

Green, who owns department store chains and is worth $6 billion, has packed the guest list with business associates and aging British celebrities.

But a concert by Beyoncé's platinum-selling trio and a rumored appearance by pop prince Justin Timberlake will keep the younger guests happy.

"Philip's party is going to be the biggest and the best," said a source close to the host. "The surprises will be nonstop for those lucky enough to attend."

If it sounds awfully extravagant, consider this: Green spent $9 million to throw his own 50th birthday bash, a three-day affair in Cyprus that featured a toga party and appearances by Tom Jones and Rod Stewart.

Originally published on May 15, 2005

Destiny's Child to Split Up After Tour

Monday Jun 13, 2005 10:00am EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: ANGELI/REFLEXNEWS

After nearly15 years together, it's over for Destiny's Child, with Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams set to go their separate ways after wrapping up their current Destiny Fulfilled ... And Lovin' It Tour.

Rowland made the surprise announcement onstage before 16,0000 fans in Barcelona this Saturday. The following day, the trio released a statement to MTV News, saying: "We have been working together as Destiny's Child since we were 9, and touring together since we were 14. After a lot of discussion and some deep soul searching, we realized that our current tour has given us the opportunity to leave Destiny's Child on a high note, united in our friendship and filled with an overwhelming gratitude for our music, our fans, and each other."

The three, who started together in Houston, consider this "the time to pursue our personal goals and solo efforts in earnest."

The statement also went on to say: "No matter what happens, we will always love each other as friends and sisters and will always support each other as artists. We want to thank all of our fans for their incredible love and support and hope to see you all again as we continue fulfilling our destinies."

After the U.S. tour (which kicks off July 9, immediately following the current European swing) the group will retire the name and concentrate individually on movie, music, live theater and TV careers. The final concert is slated for Sept. 10 in Vancouver, Canada.

Beyonce, who will launch a fashion and cosmetics line this fall, has long been the group's breakout star, though, as MTV notes, it was Williams who first released a solo album, the 2002 gospel title Heart to Yours.

Still, it was Beyonce, 23, who's made it to the top of the singles' charts, with such hits as "Crazy in Love." She's also already landed on the movie screen, costarring with Mike Meyers in the third Austin Powers comedy, Goldmember – and was a prominent performer on this year’s Oscars.

EOnline.comONE LAST GOODBYE: Destiny's Child reuniting for a final time to perform the national anthem at the 2006 NBA All-Star Game in Houston Feb. 19.

Posted Image

The members of Destiny's Child (from left: Beyonce Knowles, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams) reach for the star – their own on Hollywood's Walk of Fame – at its unveiling Tuesday. "We started when we were 9 years old, and here we are," Knowles told the crowd. "Dreams come true."

Rowland Loves Suv Too Much To Go Green

R+B star KELLY ROWLAND has no plans to trade in her gas guzzling sports utility vehicle (SUV) for a more environmentally friendly car - because 'green' cars don't "look fun".

The Like This singer admits she is frequently made to feel guilty about her Range Rover's lack of green credentials, but she blames her Texan roots for instilling in her a love of big cars.

And she is adamant she will never give up her "baby" - at least until Range Rover engineers develop a stylish hybrid she can be proud of.

She says, "I prefer a big truck like a Range Rover. I drive one when I'm at home. I'm totally a Texas girl at heart. Put me in a cowboy hat behind the wheel of a massive truck and I'm happy.

"Driving a truck has been my dream since I was a little girl. My car's like a baby, it means everything to me. I think about her every day.

"My sister's hugely into environmental stuff, and she gives me a lot of heartache about it. She's got a Lexus Hybrid car but that thing doesn't look fun. When Range Rover makes a hybrid I'll go green. Until then, my apologies to Planet Earth."

Source: contactmusic

Posted Image

We Are Family

Beyoncé Knowles, sister Solange and band bud Kelly Rowland croon a stylish note at the Los Angeles premiere of Johnson Family Vacation . B.Kno resonates in a dusty denim and a sexy sheer chiffon top, Solange stays in tune in a white cotton summer dress and Kelly punches up the chorus with a bright yellow zip-front peasant smock top and low-rise flares. Now, this is what we call three-part harmony.

Ok thank you for the fashion show describing everything they have on from head to toe.

Destiny’s Child Back Together For Rowland’s Birthday

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pop superstars DESTINY’S CHILD reunited on Tuesday (11Feb09) to celebrate singer KELLY ROWLAND’s birthday at a surprise party.

Former bandmates Beyonce Knowles and Michelle Williams were among the guests at Hollywood club Opera on the eve of the Dilemma star’s 28th birthday.

It is the first time Knowles and the birthday girl have been pictured out together since Rowland announced she was parting ways with her manager and Beyonce’s father, Mathew Knowles, at the end of January (09).

Source: pr-inside

Kelly Rowland 'In Talks For New LP'

Kelly Rowland has been in talks with EMI about releasing a new record in 2010.

The ex-Destiny's Child star split with manager Mathew Knowles in January and was dropped by Columbia Records in March.

However, Angry Ape quotes singer-producer Rico Love as saying: "She's in the process of closing a pretty big deal. I believe she's doing her deal right now.

"I don't think she's going to say yet. She's got the number one song in the world with David Guetta [called] 'When Love Takes Over'."

Love added: "I'm actually going to be doing the majority of her record. I believe we're going to finish the album over the Christmas break."

Rowland recently denied that Destiny's Child are reuniting for a comeback tour next year.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Happily Single Kelly Rowland

Kelly Rowland has no desire to get married in the near future.

The 'Baby By Me' singer is enjoying the freedom she has now she's single and has no plans to settle down even though many of her friends have recently tied the knot.

She said: "Being single is about celebrating and appreciating your own space that you're in. I couldn't have lived alone before. I always needed someone to share my space but now I like being by myself. If I want to be with people then I see my friends; if I want a date then I'll have one.

"Everybody's time is different. I don't expect to go down the same road as anyone else. I think it's important not to put ourselves in someone else's shoes, when they're in a time in their life that we aren't. We have to appreciate where we are in our life in order to move on."

Kelly also said the only person she wants to make happy at the moment is herself.

She told Britain's OK! magazine: "You have to be happy with you and every decision you make. We can get caught up in what other people expect of us, but it's important to live in your space and not anyone else's."

Source contactmusic

Williams Slams Weight Rumours

Former DESTINY'S CHILD star MICHELLE WILLIAMS has dismissed speculation she's suffering from an eating disorder following a spate of unkind rumours about her weight.

The singer shed the pounds during a recent stint on the London stage in hit musical Chicago, but her super-slim new figure attracted a string of criticism, with some online gossips suggesting the star's drastic weight loss is unhealthy.

But Williams is adamant the stories aren't true. She tells Britain's Reveal magazine, "Everyone has been concerned about my weight. But I'm absolutely fine. I've had everything checked out and I'm healthy."

Source contactmusic

Singer Michelle Williams to Star in Broadway's Chicago

Former Destiny's Child star Michelle Williams will see her name in lights next month when she high-kicks her way into the starring role of Roxie Hart in Chicago on Broadway.

Williams, 29, will play the wannabe star-turned-murderess for a limited run in the hit musical from Feb. 8 to March 28.

Williams will be taking over from Ashlee Simpson-Wentz, who debuted in the revival on Dec. 1. (A winner of six Tonys, this production of Chicago has been running on Broadway for 13 years.)

Williams first played Roxie last year in London's West End production.

Williams, who won three Grammy Awards while she was with Destiny’s Child, has since released three solo albums and in 2003 made her Broadway debut in Aida, replacing fellow singer Toni Braxton. She also performed in the national tour of The Color Purple.

Source People

Michelle Williams dumps Beyonce's manager father

Michelle Williams has become the latest Destiny's Child star to part ways with Beyonce's manager dad Mathew Knowles, after a decade under his representation.

The singer has been managed by her former bandmate's father since she joined the girl band in 2000.

But Williams has announced she is walking away from Knowles and his Music World Entertainment company, so she can take her career "in a new direction."

The move comes a year after ex-bandmate Kelly Rowland ditched Knowles as her manager.

In a statement, Williams says, "After much prayer and consideration I have decided to part ways from my management team, Mathew Knowles and Music World Entertainment. From my time in Destiny's Child to my solo career, I am grateful for everything Mathew and his team has done for me. We've shared great success together. However, as I move in a new direction in my career, I felt it was time. I wish Mathew Knowles and the Music World Entertainment family all the best."

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Rowland 'Fails To Return Designer Clothes'

Fashion designer Laura Dawson has accused Kelly Rowland of borrowing several outfits and failing to return them.

New York-born Dawson, who recently relocated her business to London, claimed that she loaned the former Destiny's Child star expensive clothes four weeks ago but is yet to receive them back.

According to the Evening Standard, Rowland's representatives have ignored Dawson's calls appealing for the items to be returned.

"It is really unfortunate that this has happened. I would otherwise have liked to continue to work with this particular client," she said.

Last year, Rowland ruled out launching her own fashion range, insisting that she was not "passionate" enough to design.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Nelly And Kelly Set for Duet 'Sequel'

Kelly Rowland jumped at the chance to reteam with Nelly - she leaped out of bed and sped to the recording studio immediately after receiving his invitation.

Nelly and Kelly teamed up last month to record Gone, a follow-up to their hit duet Dilemma, which reached the top of the charts all over the world in 2002.

And the hip-hop star insists he didn't have to work hard to persuade the Destiny's Child singer to participate in a sequel.

He says, "We were in the studio in Miami and I called K (Kelly) and she was in the bed and just shot down to the studio...

"We know we can't in no way shape or form (sic) can we outdo part one (Dilemma). There's no way. You're in a lose situation if you go in trying to do that. What the new song is doing is a continuation of the story."

Source femalefirst