Sign in to follow this  
cydonia

True Blood

Better photo:

Posted Image

Posted Image

So I've seen a few episodes, but never totally got into it. What was the big shocking blood scene that everyone was talking about??

Edited by princess

Lol, there's been more than one, Princess. There was a nasty mess this past weekend as well as one the week before. Anything specific you've heard?

Why all the attention? "The most shocking moment on TV EVER" is what I hear. Was it because so much blood, or three way sex, or what?? :3huh:

Hmmm, I guess you'll have to call me jaded because I haven't really seen anything on True Blood that shocks me all that much. ;) There was quite a head bashing/smashing thing recently, perhaps that is what the talk is about? Maybe someone else will chime in here and enlighten you/us. There's been several things going on though and I guess if someone can't deal with blood, gore, sex, etc....all rolled into one then some may consider that there's a heavy shock factor. You could always take a look at conversation here to see if anyone clarifies what all the fuss is about.

I really like the show quite a bit, but they do walk a very thin line between what I will go along with/accept/enjoy versus utter foolishness that I'd refuse to watch. Hopefully, they don't cross that line.

I really like the show quite a bit, but they do walk a very thin line between what I will go along with/accept/enjoy versus utter foolishness that I'd refuse to watch. Hopefully, they don't cross that line.

I don't have HBO or Showtime so I rent the dvd series of their shows. I hesitated after the first few episodes of True Blood and seriously considered giving it up. But I love the cast and got hooked and rented through the 2nd season. Now I want to read the books since I'll have to wait to see season 3.

ITA with Hihomumio about the fine line they almost cross. I admit that if my son was still young or even still in high school, I would not have had it in the house.

To be completely honest, alot of the themes I've seen on True Blood I've seen on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. I'm really getting tired of Tara being thed quick to anger black woman. It just seems so clichéd. I'm pretty sure most Black women are more multi dimensional then Tara is written. I just see cliche's and themes from other TV shows that has already been on freeTV. The one original concept I did like is that vampires creating other vampires is something like parenthood, but even there they consider it a rewarding experience and don't make anything of the fact that someone has to die for this to happen.

]Alexander Skarsgard Doesn't Wear a Sock During Nude Scenes

Posted Image

The cast of HBO's True Blood not only strip down for the new Rolling Stone -- they also bare all about shooting the show's racy sex scenes.

Says Alexander Skarsgard (who plays sexy vamp Eric): "I don't want a sock around it, that feels ridiculous. If we’re naked in the scene, then I’m naked. I’ve always been that way."

Anna Paquin says she covers up -- somewhat. She reveals that she wears a "patch" – a thong-like attire with the sides cut off – while filming nude scenes as her character Sookie Stackhouse.

As for her costar (and real-life fiance) Stephen Moyer (who plays Sookie’s vamp love Bill Compton)? He wears a sock on set -- out of consideration for others.

"I've got nothing to hide," he says. "I just think it might be embarrassing for the crew."

True Blood creator Alan Ball says all the racy sex scenes and nudity are necessary.

"To me, vampires are sex," he says. "I don't get a vampire story about abstinence. I'm 53. I don't care about high school students. I find them irritating and uninformed."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebritynews/ne...-scenes-2010188

:1smile: I tried to watch the first season and just couldn't get through it. Bill is just not that sexy to me and I don't see anything new or shocking about the series. I like the sexy vampires in Anne Rice's books so much better.