cydonia

Sci Fi TV

Am I the only Sci-Fi geek on the board? Anyone else watch Enterprise? SG-1? Stargate Atlantis? Battlestar Galactica? Anywyas, thought I'd start a thread so if anyone in interested, you can talk about your favorite sci-fi show or share news.

SCI FI Reveals New Series

SCI FI Channel announced a slate of new original series for the 2006-07 season, adding projects from luminaries in film, television and literature to its roster of scripted dramas, miniseries and alternative series. The new shows will incorporate the mainstream appeal of fantasy, adventure and alternative reality.

The following scripted series are currently in development:

•An untitled project executive-produced by Academy Award-winning actor/producer Michael Douglas, based on the work of the late author Shirley Jackson (The Haunting of Hill House). Storylines and themes from Jackson's catalog of supernatural short stories will be woven into her real life experiences transitioning from urban mom to small-town matriarch.

•Heroes Anonymous, a live-action series based the comic book created by Scott Gimpel and Bill Morrison which follows a group of 20-something aspiring superheroes who form a support group to help them discover their own identity while carving out their secret identity. The series will be executive-produced by Lawrence Bender (Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction), Kevin Brown (Legend of Earthsea, Roswell) and Karl Schaefer (The Dead Zone). Gimpel and Morrison will write the pilot.

•Those Who Walk in Darkness, a drama based on John Ridley's (Three Kings, Third Watch) best-selling novel of the same name about an expert team of S.W.A.T. police whose primary mission is to hunt down and capture people who genetically possess super powers. John Ridley will write and executive-produce in association with NBC Universal Television Studio.

•Urban Arcana, an action series inspired by the Hasbro/Worlds of Wonder role-playing game which follows an undercover detective who must protect the human population from the influx of chameleon-like, mythological creatures from a parallel world. Aron Coleite (Crossing Jordan) will write, with Gary A. Randall and Rockne O'Bannon (The Triangle, Farscape) executive-producing in association with Fox Television Studios.

•Tomorrow's Child, a series centered around a young girl who was horribly burned in an accident and saved by a special skin of extraterrestrial origin, which gives her powers beyond human comprehension. She travels the country pursued by the government while looking for the origin of her powers and seeking out others like her. Produced by NBC Universal Television Studio and Gary Foster's Horseshoe Bay Productions (Daredevil, Elektra).

•Time Tunnel, an updated interpretation of the classic 1960s television series created by Irwin Allen. The new series centers on a female scientist and a government agent who find themselves trapped in time when an experimental time travel project is sabotaged. Produced with Fox Television Studios and Kevin Burns and Jon Jashni of Synthesis Entertainment. Allen's wife, Shelia Allen, will produce. Written by John Turman (The Hulk).

•3:52, from distinguished television writer/producer John Tinker (Judging Amy, The Practice), takes place in the wake of the sudden disappearance of 2 billion people from the face of the Earth. The series, named for the time of the vanishing, will be told from the point of view of a small Maryland town.

The network also announced the following alternative series:

•Barbarian Chronicles, a half-hour animated ensemble comedy from Brendon Small, creator of the offbeat strip series Home Movies. David Letterman's Worldwide Pants will produce along with Small.

•Seriously Baffling Mysteries, a half-hour mockumentary hosted by Jonathan Frankle, which goes in search of the paranormal on a shoestring budget. In each episode, production chaos and behind-the-scenes dysfunction interrupt Frankle's attempt at supernatural investigative reporting.

(Sci-Fi Geek) But I may get banned from this thread. :D I have caught a few episodes of SG-1, not bad. Enterprise was ok, especially whenever the vulcan chick was in the decompression chamber... :P I wonder if Sci-Fi will pick up Enterprise? Probably too expensive.Battlestar Galatica...I have tried to watch it. Everyone tells me how great it is, but I think it sucks. Acting is better than the original, but just doesn't work with the low budget. I mean the colonial vipers fire bullets for crying out loud! Couldn't they spend a little extra for a few lasers or something? I enjoyed the original BG, despite the cheesiness and bad acting!

I am a sci-fi geek. My problem with battlestar gallactica is that they whisper during the whole darn episode!Enterprise, okay , don't watch it as much as I watched the other ones.Like SG1 .......

I think Enterprise has gotten to be really good this season which is why it sucks that they are cancelling it. I loved the old BSG. Yes it was cheesy and had some bad acting, but it also had a sense of fun and adventure to it. I've watched the entire first season of the new BSG and I'm baffled. Everyone seems to think this is the best sci fi out there - I don't get it. It's dull, pretentious, plodding, dark, the camera work stinks. Having said all that, I thought the last 2 episodes were better and I'll probably watch next season to see what happens. But that's part of the problem, nothing much does happen. And the blonde cylon who is in the head of the doctor annoys the heck out of me.I just started to watch SG-1 this season b/c starting in July Ben Browder from one of my all time favorites, Farscape, will be a regular. :P

Trek United Pulls Plug

Organizers of Trek United, the fan fund-raising campaign to bring Star Trek: Enterprise back for a fifth season, abruptly pulled the plug on their effort amid mounting reports questioning the group's credibility. Tim Brazeal, the Tennessee-based fan in charge of Trek United, posted on the group's message board that the group's proposal to fund a fifth season of the canceled Enterprise was rejected by Paramount, which produces the show.

"Our final proposal was knocked down by Paramount," Brazeal posted on April 17. "We will not see a season five for Star Trek: Enterprise. All money as I stated earlier will be refunded starting Monday or Tuesday of this week. We will not allow people bashing our efforts on our own forums. Please keep in mind that our members are fans just like you are."

Late last week, the group had asserted that a self-described Canadian TV producer named "Al Vinci" was spearheading the group's proposal to Paramount to co-finance a new season of Enterprise with an unnamed group of investors and by moving production to Canada. The group declined to identify with whom Vinci had been negotiating at Paramount. For its part, Paramount has steadfastly denied that any talks were underway.

On Sunday, Brazeal abruptly announced the end of the campaign in a chat with fans expecting more news about the effort. "For the members that have supported us, thank you," he wrote. "We are all winners. We had the dream that we could make this happen. Trek United will continue to be here, and we will explore new ideas, but the fan donation part if it has made the point we intended it to."

News stories on several SF Web sites, including Sy Fy Portal, have called Brazeal's assertions and financial dealings into question. Brazeal has defended his actions as legal and aboveboard on Trek United 's message boards. SCI FI Wire could not reach Brazeal to comment on the announcement as of Sunday evening.

Bakula: Enterprise Film Is Dead

Scott Bakula, star of UPN's canceled Star Trek: Enterprise, told SCI FI Wire that plans for a movie based on the show were put on hold when the regime changed at Paramount and the network pulled the plug on the show earlier this year. Bakula said he's willing to reprise the character of Capt. Jonathan Archer in an Enterprise film. "It's something I would be interested in doing," Bakula said in an interview at the show's wrap party in Hollywood last week. "They haven't [asked], but the reality is that Paramount has been under such internal upheaval in the last year that right now there's really nobody that's there that is a fan of Star Trek."

Bakula said that recent turnover of several key Paramount executives has dampened enthusiasm for future Trek projects. "It's all turned over, so I don't know what's going to happen with Star Trek as a franchise," Bakula said. "Obviously it's been very important to that studio for a great number of years and brought a lot of revenue for them. But I'm not sure how they will re-address or kind of re-approach it as the dust settles. But we'll see."

The nearly 40-year-old Trek franchise will find itself next year without an original TV series or future movie on the calendar for the first time since 1987, owing in part to the disappointing box-office performance of the last film, Star Trek Nemesis, and the poor ratings of Enterprise, which winds up its four-year run in May.

But Bakula said that he thinks Enterprise could make a successful jump to the big screen. "I don't think there's any question about that," he said. "It's just, again, you've got to have interest from the studio, and that doesn't exist right now to my knowledge. It did before. You see, when we started, there was always the idea that we would be the next movie cast and movie ship. But all the people who were interested in that are gone." Enterprise airs Fridays at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Producers Defend Enterprise End

Star Trek: Enterprise producers Brannon Braga and Rick Berman told SCI FI Wire that they understood the recent disparaging comments made by cast members about the final episode, but stood by their execution of the series finale. "You have to remember, under normal circumstances, most people probably would have thought this was a very cool episode, because it has a great concept driving it," Braga said in a conference call with reporters. "But when it's the final episode of a series, emotions are running very high."

The most vocal objection came from cast member Jolene Blalock, who plays T'Pol on the show. "I don't know where to begin with that one," she recently said of the finale. "The final episode is ... appalling."

The episode, titled "These Are the Voyages," features Star Trek: The Next Generation stars Jonathan Frakes and Marina Sirtis, who reprise their roles as Commander Riker and Deanna Troi. The pair will view the episode's historic events through a holodeck recreation. Berman said he thought that the opinions expressed by Blalock had to do with the episode's references to the previous Trek series. "The feeling was that if this was going to be the finale of Enterprise, then why bring characters in from another series?" he said. "But I think when people see the episode and realize that to be able to truly pay the respect to our characters that we have, we've couched it in a unique fashion of being able to look back on them, and I think it's going to be a very positive response towards the Enterprise crew."

Braga said that he was aware that the Enterprise cast had some minor issues with the storyline, but there were no serious objections during the production. "There were a couple of people who were slightly uncomfortable with the fact that we have Next Generation characters in the show, and it is a different kind of episode," he said. "But there were no serious complaints. And none of the actors have seen the episode, so they can't be dissatisfied with how it turned out." Star Trek: Enterprise ends its four-season run May 13 on UPN at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Berman is full of crap. Enterprise didn't fail b/c of oversaturation of the franchise, but b/c Berman and co couldn't write descent storylines. It wasn't until this season, when Manny Coto took over did the show bloom into what it should have been in the first place.

SciFi.com

Berman: Trek Needs A Rest

Rick Berman, executive-producer of Star Trek: Enterprise, told SCI FI Wire that he believes the decline in ratings that led to the series' cancellation was the result of an oversaturation of the franchise. "There are a lot of people who criticized us for saying what I'm about to say, but I do believe that there was some degree of fatigue with the franchise," Berman said in a conference call interview. "I think that we found ourselves in competition with ourselves. Enterprise in many markets was running against repeats—whether it be cable or syndication—of the original series, Next Generation, Voyager [or] Deep Space Nine. And I think that after 18 years and 624 hours of Star Trek the audience began to have a little bit of overkill with Star Trek, and I think that had a lot to do with it. And I think if you take a look at the last feature film we did, Nemesis, which I still believe was a fine movie, it did two-thirds the business that the previous films had done. So I think it's, again, another example of the franchise getting a little bit tired."

Berman said that he and the other custodians of the franchise plan to give it a rest for a few years, but are keeping a possible future Trek movie on the back burner. He also rebutted recent statements made by Enterprise star Scott Bakula that plans for a film based on the show were scuttled after its cancellation. "I think that perhaps when Scott first took the job as the lead on Enterprise four and a half years ago there was probably a sense that the show was going to run seven years, as the others had, and that it very well might become the next movie franchise, and it right now seems to not be the case. But I don't think there was ever any formal discussions dealing with an Enterprise feature." Bakula had told SCI FI Wire that any plans for an Enterprise movie were scuttled after the show was canceled.

Berman said that he and co-executive producer Brannon Braga are looking forward to moving on, but will miss the creative team with whom they've formed a bond over the years. "For us, it's a very bittersweet time," he said. "We have dozens of people who we have worked with for 10, 15, some 18 years. And it's become like a family. It's a very rare thing in our business, and we've spent a lot of time working together and learning together, and that family, for the first time, is going to be splitting up. So there's a lot of sadness connected with it. On the other hand, and I think I can speak for Brannon, both of us are looking forward to getting on with writing and producing new things that will take our careers in hopefully positive directions. As far as the next iteration of Star Trek goes, as to whether we'll have anything to do with it, I think it's way too early to tell." Star Trek: Enterprise ends its four-season run May 13 on UPN at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Berman is full of crap.  Enterprise didn't fail b/c of oversaturation of the franchise, but b/c Berman and co couldn't write descent storylines.  It wasn't until this season, when Manny Coto took over did the show bloom into what it should have been in the first place.

I totally agree...this dude is like Darth Vader to the franchise. Rules it with an iron fist...this is why the franchise has gotten stale.

He needs to go ahead and make a Starfleet academy series and stop farting around.

Scratch that...he needs to designate someone to make a new series. With new writers, directors and hot young cast... :P

Edited by BobbyD

I watched Snake King made-for-tv-movie on Sci-Fi channel the other night, does that count? :D Any movie with monks and/or pygmies is always good in my book. :lol: The snake had it's own pygmies in this one. :D

http://story.news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050510/...on_tv_star_trekBy ROBERT JABLON, Associated Press WriterTue May 10, 7:34 PM ETLOS ANGELES - "Star Trek: Enterprise" is about to go where it has nevergone before: off the air, taking the "Star Trek" franchise with it.After the two-hour finale airs (8 p.m. EDT Friday on UPN) this will bethe first time in 18 years that no first-run "Trek" series is on TV."Enterprise" lasted four seasons. It was the first "Trek" spinoff tolast fewer than seven seasons. Plummeting ratings did what no Klingonbattlecruiser or Borg collective could accomplish. And this time,network honchos didn't bow to Trekker pressure to renew the series, asthey did in the face of a write-in campaign that gave the original"Star Trek" a third year on the tube (1966-69).In fact, many longtime Trekkers stopped watching long ago. There weregripes going back at least as far as the fourth incarnation, "StarTrek: Voyager" (1995-2001), about lame or retreaded plots, goofy aliensand the weak leadership of "Voyager's" Kathryn Janeway (Kate Mulgrew)and "Enterprise's" Jonathan Archer ( Scott Bakula).Sadly lacking were the rules-be-damned machismo of James Tiberius Kirk(William Shatner) or the class and thoughtful maturity of Jean-LucPicard (Patrick Stewart).The original "Trek" was not above a little T&A to jazz up ratings. (Whocan forget Yeoman Rand's miniskirt or the green-skinned Orion dancers?)But "Voyager" may have upped the silliness ante with a Borg who woreskin-tight catsuits and high heels, while "Enterprise" had a curvaceousVulcan officer stripping every other episode.No villain like the unstoppable Borg cropped up for a decade, either.Supporters say "Enterprise" had vastly improved in its final season andblame other reasons for the ratings drop: weekend reruns that drew anaudience but weren't counted in the Nielsens; ditto for those who tapedor TiVo'd the program. And shifting "Enterprise" to a Friday timeslot didn't help.Producer Rick Berman has cited the problem of "franchise fatigue" afterdecades of "Star Trek" spinoffs.Perhaps, some Trekkers argue, it was time to take a rest. After all, itwas 18 years between the original "Trek" and "The Next Generation,"which went on to have a vast following.In the meantime, there are the reruns, the DVD packages, the videogames, the hordes of fans in chat rooms and conventions and thecontributions to popular culture that range from Klingon languageacademies to the phrase "Beam me up, Scotty!"Things have changed a lot over the years, both within and without the"Trek" universe, as scholars drew real-world comparisons to the shows.The original series had a Cold War between the Federation and theRussians, er, Klingons and a cheerfully naive approach to solvingracial and political conflicts."Next Generation" (1987-94) had a post-Soviet view in which theKlingons were allies, and a politically correct view that the values ofother cultures, no matter how weird or repugnant, deserved respect.Both also shared a sunny idealism that humans had overcome their ownconflicts, lived in peace, and were on voyages of discovery andknowledge for the sheer joy of it.The optimistic view of a united future humanity that the original"Trek" offered began to crumble in earnest with "Star Trek: Deep SpaceNine" (1993-1999). The earnest morality of the first two series gaveway to gray areas in which the good guys dirtied their hands withassassinations and other foul deeds in fighting a war for survival.Moral relativism had crept into the sparkling "Trek" universe. Someviewers were dismayed; others enthralled.By "Enterprise," actually a prequel set more than a century before theoriginal series, the plots involved murky machinations and feudsspreading across the galaxy and even through time. Innocence wasreplaced by a somewhat gloomy view. Even the vaunted Vulcans wereportrayed as pompous and dissembling.But in the meantime, "Trek" no longer had the TV universe to itself."Bablyon 5" (1994-1998) created a world arguably as rich and complex asthe Federation's. Nowadays, science fiction fans can choose from a hostof syndicated and cable shows, including "Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda"(named for "Star Trek's" late creator and produced by his widow) andthe new "Battlestar Galactica."Maybe there's just too much competition these days, and the audience istoo fragmented.Maybe even Capt. Kirk couldn't save the franchise.Maybe, as with people, so with "Trek": the one enemy that always winsis Time.Or perhaps, someday in the distant future, "Star Trek" will rise again.Fans can have only one response to that hope: Make it so.

Can I just say that the final episode of Enterprise was complete dreck. Utterly awful. Berman and Branna showed their contempt for the fans and it was nothing but a big F-you.What was the purpose of killing Trip? The whole story line with Schram was completely silly. Uggghhh!Never let those 2 morons near a Trek script again.

I only liked the last 30 seconds with all the different Enterprises and captains - that was a nice touch. However, seeing Jonathan Frakes trying to stuff himself into his uniform once again was not a pleasant sight.Oh well - now I have to wait a month or two for Stargate and BSG to come back on.

12:00 AM, 16-MAY-05

SCI FI Announces New Season

New episodes of SCI FI Channel's original series Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1 and Battlestar Galactica premiere on July 15 as SCI FI Fridays return.

Stargate SG-1 returns for a ninth season with new cast members Ben Browder (Farscape), Emmy winner Beau Bridges, Oscar winner Lou Gossett Jr. and former The X-Files star Mitch Pileggi. Bridges will also appear in several episodes of Stargate Atlantis. Gossett and Browder's Farscape co-star Claudia Black join the cast of SG-1 in recurring roles, and former Baywatch star Jason Momoa joins the cast of Stargate Atlantis.

Battlestar Galactica comes back for a second season, with the entire ensemble cast returning: Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Katee Sackhoff, Jamie Bamber, James Callis, Tricia Helfer and Grace Park. Also resuming their roles are executive producer and writer Ronald D. Moore and executive producer David Eick.

On July 27, SCI FI unveils a new SCI FI Wednesday block, starting at 8 p.m. ET with the new reality series Master Blasters. Does your hobby require an FAA launch window? The new show pits crews of amateur rocket scientists against SCI FI's Master Blasters, a team headed by father-and-son rocket men Dan and Terry Stroud. The Master Blasters team and their opposition are challenged to a space race of a different kind: design, build and launch some very bizarre things into the stratosphere.

At 9 p.m. Ghost Hunters is back for a second season. At 10 p.m., the computer-animated Tripping the Rift returns for year two, with the addition of Carmen Electra in the role of the sexy, brilliant love slave Six. Reprising their roles in the second season are Stephen Root, Maurice LaMarche, Gayle Garfinkle, Rick Jones and John Melendez.

Scifi.com

McKenzie Previews The 4400

Jacqueline McKenzie, who co-stars as Diana Skouris on USA Network's SF series The 4400, told SCI FI Wire that the show's upcoming second season picks up six months after the events of the first-season finale. The series follows Department of Homeland Security agents Skouris and Tom Baldwin (Joel Gretsch of Steven Spielberg Presents Taken) as they investigate the 4,400 people who were abducted and suddenly return, some with mysterious mutant abilities, after having been away for periods ranging from weeks to decades.

"In terms of the character and where I stand, she's very devoted to her work, and there are a lot of questions that need answering," McKenzie (Deep Blue Sea) said in an interview. "Everybody is just at the start of this huge process of trying to unravel what's going on with the 4,400, where they've been and why they're back and what they're trying to do with us in the present. And we're trying to work out what messages they're sending us."

The 4400 debuted last July on USA Network and was both a critical and ratings success, prompting the network to commission 13 additional hours for season two. McKenzie said that she was not too surprised that the show caught on. "When I read it, I thought it was a very exciting piece," she said. "The concept was really, really different, and then when I worked on it and saw what [pilot episode director] Yves Simoneau was doing with the material, how he was shooting it, I thought it was wonderful. And then when I saw the cut of it I just thought it was brilliant. I thought it was very original, and I said, 'This should be a hit.' And it was. So I wasn't so much surprised as I was really pleased." The 4400 will begin its second season on June 5 with a two-hour premiere, "Wake-Up Call." USA Network is owned by NBC Universal, which also owns SCIFI.COM.

From IMDB.COM...

'Star Trek' To Return -- In Two or Three Years

Star Trek producer Rick Berman plans to revive the movie franchise in two or three years. "I think that timeframe for a new, fresh feature with a whole different outlook would be fine," he told the British Star Trek Magazine. He also suggested that the Star Trek television productions might be revived. "[it] certainly would be possible," he told the magazine. "And the answer is that the powers that be at Paramount seem to feel that the time has come to give things a rest."

Ohhh..man...I would've had faith if he said he will make a GOOD Star Trek movie franchise, or turn it over to someone else.

I don't trust anything that Berman touches. Manny Coto would be great with the hubby and wife team (something/Reeves) writing it (they wrote some of the best Enterprise episodes this last season).

More Galactica Deaths Coming?

Will more characters die in the upcoming second season of SCI FI Channel's original series Battlestar Galactica? That's what series creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore told SCI FI Wire in an interview at EnigmaCon at the University of California, Los Angeles, on May 28.

"Yes, there are a couple of familiar faces that will go down for the count," Moore said cryptically, without identifying the doomed characters. He added: "I would say the events of the end of last season [mark] the beginning of this season."

Among other things, Moore said: "Adama's [Edward James Olmos] shot. There's people stranded on Kobol. Kara's [Katee Sackhoff] back on Caprica. Those storylines continue; all those continue. I would say we don't wrap up season one until episode seven. Adama is not back on his feet anytime soon. Commander Tigh [Michael Hogan] is in charge of Galactica. Laura [Roslyn, played by Mary McDonnell,] is in jail. There's a meteor crisis that follows the cliffhanger, and Tigh kind of steers them through that crisis successfully. But, you know, Tigh, he's probably the guy you don't want in charge."

Moore said that cast and crew are in the process of shooting the sixth episode of the second season in Vancouver, B.C. "We have scripts for the first 10 episodes," he added. "The 11th should be in this week, and we have the stories for the first 14."

Moore offered additional spoilers for the second season's arc. "Things begin to unravel when [Tigh's] in charge of the fleet. He declares martial law at a certain point. There is an incident where he sends the troops to get supplies, because the ships are withholding supplies from Galactica. He says enough is enough and sends out the troops, and an incident happens, and people get killed. They shoot a bunch of civilians. It's a whole nightmare, and Laura starts an insurrection and the fleet divides. There's a lot of fallout from the events of the last season." Battlestar Galactica returns July 15 and will air Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT.

'The 4400' Lands Back on USA

By Kate O'Hare

After landing with a ratings splash as a limited-run series last July

on USA Network, "The 4400" hopes to make as spectacular an arrival

when it returns for a second season with a two-hour opener on Sunday,

June 5.

Picking up a year-and-a-half after the original episodes, "The 4400"

continues to follow the travails of 4,400 people either reported

missing or presumed dead over the course of decades, who suddenly

appeared in a ball of light on a lakeshore. They had not aged since

they disappeared, but some came back with enhanced strength,

precognition, healing abilities and other powers.

Last season's finale revealed that the 4,400 were taken and returned

by people from the future as a means of saving the human race.

Along with the supernatural elements, the show also focuses on the

more down-to-earth issues of returnees trying to reintegrate with

families, rebuild lives ripped out of time and deal with public fears.

Joel Gretsch and Jacqueline McKenzie return as agents for National

Threat Assessment Command, the government agency responsible for the

abductees. Other returning cast members include Patrick Flueger,

Mahershalalhashbaz Ali, Laura Allen, Chad Faust and Conchita Campbell.

Samantha Ferris joins the cast as NTAC Director Nina Jarvis.

Also back is Billy Campbell, who joined midway through last season as

millionaire real-estate mogul Jordan Collier, a returnee who has

appointed himself as the public face of the those who were taken. As

it turns out, his agenda is a little more complicated than that, and a

lot more sinister.

"As of last season," Campbell says, "I was building compounds for them

to live in. This season, I've gone a step further, and I've created an

organization that is delightfully icky. So it's good fun. This is the

most fun I've ever had playing a bad guy."

"THE 4400" SCORES AS HIGHEST-RATED CABLE SERIES PREMIERE OF THE YEAR

NEW YORK -- June 7, 2005 -- The return of the USA Network original

series THE 4400 on Sunday averaged a 4.0 household rating with 5.3

million viewers tuning in, making it the highest-rated basic cable

original series telecast of the year among P18-49 (2.4 rating) and

P25-54 (2.9 rating).

The premiere of THE 4400 on USA also topped all other original series

premieres on cable the same night in all key demos, ahead of the

competition by triple-digit percentages among both P18-49 and P25-54.

In prime (8p-11p) on Sunday, THE 4400 was the #1 rated program in all

of basic cable in households (4.0), all key demos (2.4 in P18-49 and

3.0 in P25-54) and viewers tuning in (5.3 million).

THE 4400 will air all-new episodes through Sunday, August 28 at 9:00 PM

ET/PT.

-futon critic

Ask Ausiello (TV guide.com)Question: Got any intel on the next season of Battlestar Galactica? — JohnAusiello: Lucy Lawless is gonna do a few episodes playing a Christiane Amanpour-type character. And I hear Sci Fi censors are freaking out about a really disturbing (yet visually stunning) scene in Episode 5. An upcoming issue of TV Guide magazine will have more on that little controversy.