princess

Bruce Willis and his clan

Bruce Willis diagnosed with aphasia, stepping away from acting

https://pagesix.com/2022/03/30/bruce-willis-diagnosed-with-aphasia-stepping-away-from-acting/

...“As Bruce always says, ‘Live it up’ and together we plan to do just that,” the statement concluded, and signed it from his wife Emma, his ex-wife Demi Moore and all of his children.

Aphasia is a medical condition that can affect a person’s ability to speak, write and understand language, both verbal and written, according to the Mayo Clinic. It typically occurs after a stroke or a head injury.

Willis, 67, has multiple projects completed as well in post-production, including “Vendetta,” “Fortress: Sniper’s Eye” and “White Elephant.” It’s unclear what will happen with “Fortress 3,” which is currently in pre-production.

Yikes, it must be pretty bad for him to officially step away and make a public announcement.

• Sad 2

On 2/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, dixiedoodah said:

I read online some very very vague story about him making roughly a million per movie and that there is a “sad” reason that he needs to earn lots of cash. So, I’m wondering if there is a lot more going on with Bruce. Anyone else see anything like that? I can’t find the article because it didn’t make sense at the time I read it since I hadn’t seen the Razzies thing and now I can’t find it again.

You called it.

• Like 2

This article is devastating. Were they (family/friends) flat out exploiting him for their own benefit, or were they trying to assure his financial and medical stability. I remember the photos and stories that came out during pandemic about him staying with Demi and the kids. This is just such a sad story.
https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/movies/story/2022-03-30/bruce-willis-aphasia-memory-loss-cognitive-disorder

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

Most of the takes I've read are that he was working as fast as he could on whatever he could while he was able - to secure his family's financial future. Honestly can't blame him for that - and the  fact that his entire family includes his ex (whom he spent quite a bit of quarantine with, without the current wife) and they are all supporting him. It's weird to me but they seem to have worked it out somehow. 

• Like 2

Yes, I feel like he wanted to work as much as he could to support his family - until he couldn't. I certainly hope he wasn't being exploited. It looks like they're a super close clan.

• Like 1

Razzies rescind award slamming Bruce Willis after backlash over diagnosis: ‘It is not appropriate’

https://nypost.com/2022/03/31/razzies-rescinds-bruce-willis-award-after-backlash-over-diagnosis/?_ga=2.104807558.769888883.1648490327-299064593.1603393685

Good for the Razzie people say they changed their minds.

• Like 2

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 10/11 **11**
She doesn't want to look awful, so for now, the wife of this permanent A list mostly movie actor will continue to just live with her boyfriend and hope she is not caught in public with him. She has also cut herself off from most of her husband's family because they don't agree with her actions.

I saw those somewhere yesterday - looks great! Maybe Lainey - the quote intro for the photos was "he's not being coerced to work anymore" so I guess that's confirmation of that blind. Well, we all knew as soon as he came out with his diagnosis.....