princess

Casey Kasem

Casey Kasem Body MISSING 7/18/2014 12:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz37rY2iLSz

Casey Kasem has been dead for more than a month .... yet he's not been buried and now we've learned his body is missing.

Fingers now point in the direction of Casey's widow, Jean. Family sources say Jean took the body from a funeral home the day before a judge ordered her to keep it there so an autopsy could be performed.

The autopsy is crucial to an ongoing criminal investigation targeting Jean. The Santa Monica PD is looking into elder abuse allegations ... that Jean took Casey on a wild, week-long multi-state car ride which caused him to develop bed sores that got infected and contributed to his death.

Jean and Casey's children have been at war for years.

As for where the body is ... no one but Jean seems to know, and no one can find her either. It's interesting ... Jean listed Jerusalem as her address on Casey's death certificate.

Casey's daughter Kerri believes Jean is out of the country.

We reached out to Jean's people. So far no word back.

Has anyone else been following this story over the last few months? Seems like a horrific case of elder/spouse abuse by his wife. :(

Casey Kasem's WidowDropped by Attorneys ...You Owe Us $500,000!

7/24/2014 4:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jean Kasem just made another enemy -- her attorneys are cutting her off ... claiming she's a pain in the ass client who also happens to owe them a ton of cash.

According to documents filed in Casey Kasem's conservatorship ... attorneys at Haney & Young are asking the court to relieve them as counsel for Jean, ASAP.

The lawyers claim Jean rarely responds to their emails -- and refuses to communicate by phone -- and worst of all ... she's racked up $500,000 in unpaid fees during her various legal battles.

In a letter to Jean, the firm says if she doesn't pay up ... the money's gonna come out of Casey's estate.

We've made calls to Jean, but she's not getting back to us either.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/page/2/#ixzz38VMRa0QF

I've been following this a little bit, and I have a really hard time understanding what the hell is going on with Jean. Is she mentally unstable? I mean that seriously. I understand that adult children and younger later wives often have issues - issues that are exacerbated when there's money/an inheritance involved, but this is beyond the pale. This isn't just fighting over a trust or a will. Hiding him on "foreign" soil, taking him out of medical care, stealing his body to bury in secret (isn't that the current allegation?) What does that achieve other than pissing everyone off? Or is that the goal. He's mine and you can't have any part of him?

I'm totally confused too by this situation. Regardless, it appears something is very wrong - either with her mental state, or because she's doing something she shouldn't.