Hoyaheel

Crazy Rich Asians

I've mentioned reading the series in the Lit Forum - I wanted to read it and Lainey gave such a good review, I read the first 2. And then when I was in Singapore last November, I checked them out of my e-library and read them again (reading them IN Singapore was cool!) Just finished the 3rd (And I guess final) book last weekend - so good. Loved them all, great summer/beach reads.

They've been filming the movie, and Lainey has been super excited about the casting. I am too!!! This might be the first time since Harry Potter I've looked forward to a film adaptation this much!!!

http://www.laineygossip.com/harry-shum-jr-latest-cast-member-to-join-crazy-rich-asians/47180

This might be the first time since Harry Potter I've looked forward to a film adaptation this much!!!

Hum... you've perked my interest.

This might be the first time since Harry Potter I've looked forward to a film adaptation this much!!!

Hum... you've perked my interest.

Have the book on hold at my library.

• Like 1

I saw that last week and I am super excited!!!!

Not "see it in a movie theater" excited, NOTHING gets me that excited ;-) But - buy the DVD, maybe....

I’ve read all of the books and am looking forward to the movie as well. I think it will translate well since it felt very visual - and the plot was thin enough for condensation.

• Like 1

It's totally a soap opera too! So some of the "lesser" plots could be dropped as needed.....I hope they do a sequel! I haven't even seen the first and I want a sequel!!

• Like 1