princess

John Mayer

People.comTAXED: Pop heartthrob John Mayer is getting ready for a U.S. fall tour to support his latest album, "Heavier Things," which debuted last month in the No. 1 spot on the Billboard 200 chart, reports Launch.com. Mayer, who kicks things off with a Halloween show in State College, Pa., says touring is where artists really have to pay their dues. "You don't earn money playing your favorite guitar solo or being on stage and looking at beautiful women in the front row and playing to them," he told the Toronto Sun. "Earning money is having to do a sound check while your ears are stuffed up 'cause you got off the plane that day."

MAYER DATING BRITNEY'S FORMER PUBLICIST?

sfgate.com

Rocker John Mayer has his eye on a new woman -- Britney Spears' former publicist Lizzie Grubman.

The singer, ex-boyfriend of actress Jennifer Love Hewitt, reportedly has been calling and e-mailing Grubman ever since they met and enjoyed a kiss at New York City's Marquee club on January 8.

An onlooker tells Us Weekly, "Lizzie was smiling and laughing, and they were really getting along. Then they started kissing.

"A bunch of girls kept coming up to Lizzie and saying, 'I can't believe you're making out with John Mayer. He's so hot.'"

Grubman, ex-girlfriend of actor Matthew McConaughey, hit headlines when she was jailed in 2002 for running her vehicle into a crowd of people partying in the Hamptons, New York.

COMEDIC CADSINGER John Mayer cracked wise about sex with his ex-girlfriend, Jennifer Love Hewitt, during a surprise stand-up comedy set at the Laugh Factory in Hollywood the other night. We're told the swoon-worthy crooner showed up with buddy Bob Saget and did a brief set in which he blabbed about bedding the hard-bodied Hewitt as well as a multitude of female fans of his song "Your Body Is a Wonderland."

Is John Mayer Jessica’s new man?Us Weekly reports Mayer and Simpson have been a couple since JulyLOS ANGELES - Has Jessica Simpson found a new man?According to Us Weekly, Jessica and John Mayer have been bitten by the love bug and are now a couple. The two have reportedly been dating since July.As Jessica’s new album hit stores on Tuesday, she cancelled a critical appearance on the “Today” show, as well as a Wednesday appearance with David Letterman. Her rep says she has a bruised vocal chord.Ironically, just two days ago Mayer cancelled a Connecticut concert also due to throat problems, citing a case of laryngitis.When contacted by Access Hollywood, a rep for Mayer said he did spend the summer in Los Angeles recording his album “Continuum” and rehearsing for his tour. But they would not comment on the personal lives of their client. They confirmed Mayer had laryngitis over the weekend and had to cancel a Saturday concert.Meanwhile, reps for Jessica also refused to comment on their client’s personal life, but they also confirmed she has had some vocal problems that has forced the cancellation of several New York appearances.“It is true that she has indeed lost her voice,” Simpson’s publicist, Rob Shuter said Tuesday. “She’s been ordered to rest. ... She can talk, she can croak out a few sentences. She sounds a little off, but, you know, she can’t sing.” But that still didn’t keep the singer from appearing on MTV’s “TRL” on Tuesday to promote her new album. While she introduced some videos in a hoarse voice and signed some autographs for fans, she did not sing.Jessica is hoping her condition improves by Friday, when she is scheduled to perform on NBC’s “Today” show, Shuter said. “She’s trying,” he said. “Everybody is hoping and keeping their fingers crossed.” Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Jessica & John: Hot New Romance

Us Weekly

Posted Image

It started at Prince’s pre-Grammys bash back in February 2005. During a jam session onstage in the rocker’s L.A. mansion, Jessica Simpson found herself sitting next to and flirting with singer John Mayer. That night, says a source, “John told her that when she wasn’t married anymore to give him a call.”

“John has been hearing about how cool Jessica is for a few years,” says a pal. “And when they met, he was surprised at how sweet she was.”

Simpson tells Us exclusively: “John is an incredibly talented artist with huge industry respect.”

The friendship went to the proverbial next level on June 6, when Mayer and Simpson danced to her new single, “A Public Affair,” at club Double Seven in NYC. A few weeks later, Mayer sent a handwritten note complimenting her track.

“She wrote back and said, ‘Glad you liked it,’” a source says. The notes became increasingly flirtatious, and soon the pair were e-mailing, texting and calling each other. “People had been trying to set them up for months, she finally gave in,” a Simpson pal tells Us. Their first official dinner date was in late July.

“They’ve only gotten together a handful of times over the last few weeks,” says a Mayer source. “But yes, they’ve made out.” (A Simpson pal says they have yet to consummate the relationship.)

Meet Your Mayer

Us Weekly

Posted Image

WireImage.com

You can tell a lot about a celebrity based on their backstage dressing room requests. From Gnarls Barkley’s predilection for Magnum condoms and KFC original recipe to Jane’s Addiction’s clean boxer shorts on-demand — these “rider” lists are like a season pass to celebrity neuroses.

So let’s take a look at the Favorite Things list of Jessica Simpson’s new paramour, John Mayer. It’s clear the crooner prefers a granola lifestyle filled with amenities like soy protein shakes, tea tree lip balms, organic bread, and fresh-squeezed OJ. He also reads The New York Times — a literary man! – and has very strong beliefs on greater Water Hierarchy.

We’re not going to ask about why he needs “two tubes of Original Krazy Glue” (maybe he likes to paste his hands together like we do), but it is nice to know that even the ultra healthy have to have a guilty pleasure.

So step off his Count Chocula.

Dad plays matchmaker for Jessica Simpson?

‘I stay out of her romance’ says her dad about her relationship with Mayer

NEW YORK - Jessica Simpson is in love and today a lot of guys are wishing they were John Mayer.

He’s the new man in her life, but did her father play matchmaker?

We tried to ask Jess, but unfortunately she was giving everyone the silent treatment.

“I feel fine. I just got no voice so it makes me sad,” a croaky Jessica told Access Hollywood on Tuesday night at the Yahoo! roller skating party at the Roxy nightclub in New York to celebrate the release of her new album “A Public Affair.”

The paparazzi did all the screaming as the mini-dress clad Jessica posed for photos, signed autographs, and even held up a sign that said, “I lost my voice.”

“I have to go promote my record all week, so I’m going to try to rest as much as I can,” she told Access.

Inside the party, Jess didn’t let her lost voice slow her down as she boogied around the roller rink with hairstylist and friend Ken Paves.

Apparently that’s what pop stars call resting.

As for her new boyfriend, John Mayer, dad Joe Simpson was the one doing all the talking.

“I stay out of her romance,” Joe explained to Access. “It’s been a sad year and she’s been through some tough, tough times. As a father I wish joy for her.”

But will that joy come from Mayer?

The soulful pop singer — and notorious ladies man who was once linked to Jennifer Love Hewitt — is Jess’ new love shouts the cover of the new People magazine.

And People’s senior editor Julie Dam said the couple is trying to keep it on the down low.

“They’ve pretty much stayed at home. They barbecue. She started gardening, so he’s taken an interest in that and they stay home with Daisy the dog,” Julie said.

Jessica also hit MTV’s “TRL” on Tuesday, where she signed CDs and confirmed she would still be presenting at Thursday’s VMAs.

As far as whether Jess will still be singing on Friday’s “Today” show, papa Joe told Access that’s up to her doctor.

“If we’re healed enough to sing, we’ll sing. If not, we’ll push it to next week,” he added.

Copyright 2006 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Jessica on John Mayer: 'I'm in Love!'

THURSDAY AUGUST 31, 2006 12:00PM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Jessica Simpson has fallen for John Mayer – and she can hardly contain her delight.

"She's head over heels," a source close to the pop star, 26, tells PEOPLE in its new cover story. "She's telling friends, 'I'm in love.' "

Indeed, Simpson, in New York City to promote her album, A Public Affair, and attend the MTV VMAs, showed her support Wednesday night when she and dad Joe slipped into Mayer's concert in Wantagh, NY, about halfway through his set. They nabbed seats with the sound crew and watched from stage left as Mayer sang his Grammy-winning hit "Daughters."

But he didn't fail to notice that his biggest fan was on hand. Ending his 75-minute performance with the single "Gravity," Mayer "turned to Jessica in the middle of (the song)," says an onlooker, "and smiled and sang to her."

Even her dad, Joe, is a fan of her new beau. "I love John Mayer," he told PEOPLE Tuesday at the New York City release party for Simpson's new album. "I love his music. I love his talent. The last time he was at the House of Blues in L.A., I went by myself to see him play."

The most important thing to Joe? "If my daughter's happy, then I'm happy," he says. "And if she finds love, then I'm in love with the fact that she finds happiness. It's been a tough year for her. A lot of disappointment. And my greatest joy as a father is to see my baby be happy."

Simpson and Mayer, 28, first met when Simpson was still married to Nick Lachey, 32. After her November 2005 separation, they bumped into each other again in June at the New York City nightclub Double Seven, where a source tells PEOPLE Simpson was "flirting up a storm" with both Mayer and actor Jared Leto.

Eventually Mayer, who's currently touring with Sheryl Crow, passed the ultimate test: He babysat Simpson's maltipoo, Daisy. "If you're in with Daisy," a Simpson pal tells PEOPLE, "you're in with her!"

A PREACHER'S VIRGINAL DAUGHTER(UNTIL MARRIAGE), Knoxville's fellatio pupil, A dingbat who seems like the lights are on upstairs, but nobody is home, Levine's one night-stand and a slut-pup in training after her marriage ended, so I think Mayer has nice uninhibited GOLDEN package he can SHOWER!!

Jess & John: Now With Even MORE Feeling!

Us Weekly

Posted ImagePosted Image

Jessica Simpson and John Mayer have more in common than their mutual laryngitis and the fact that they’re not having sex with each other yet. They both do that painful over-emoting thing with their face when they sing that makes them kind of uncomfortable to watch. Introducing: the Musician “O-Face”…

ANY GIVEN WEDNESDAY

John Mayer finds time for a short duet with A-list fan Alicia Keys, who visited the singer after his concert in Jones Beach on Wednesday. Mayer's album, Continuum, drops Sept. 12.

Posted Image

Jessica on View: Denies Dating John Mayer

Us Weekly

Jessica Simpson dropped by The View Tuesday morning to help kick off Rosie O’Donnell’s first day on the couch and to set the record straight about her love life. She sported a black mini dress and a sleek platinum bob.

“I needed to get rid of a lot of baggage,” she said, patting her new ’do.

“And you’re dating John Mayer?” O’Donnell immediately asked. “You don’t want to say, but maybe?”

“I love it that she just goes right there!” Jessica laughed. “I’m actually not dating John Mayer.”

“You mean, People magazine is wrong?!” Rosie said, feigning shock.

“I think the dating part maybe is wrong,” cohost Joy Behar cracked.

“They put in this quote saying that I’m in love!” Jessica said. “But he’s my friend. I’ve known him for a couple of years.”

She later showed off the tall black boots she was wearing from her Jessica Simpson clothing line, and inadvertently dissed her manager and dad Joe Simpson.

“My mom does the whole clothing line and stuff with me. My dad just tries to control me and my sister –“ she broke off as the audience started laughing. “That was the wrong choice of words! Sorry, Dad! I love you!”

O’Donnell rang in her first day “in the Meredith chair” announcing, “Like it or not, here I am!” before walking on stage, her arm linked through Barbara Walters’.

Poking fun at “the haircut that scared America,” that O’Donnell had a few years back, she promised, “It’s going to be long from now on and I’m taking my medicine, so everything’s fine.”

“You’re taking your medicine? Have you told your friend Tom Cruise yet?” Behar joked. (Cruise has spoken out about anti-depressants and prescription drugs.)

“He knows, he’s aware,” O’Donnell said, and then gestured to a nearby floral arrangement. “I don’t want to say who sent me these beautiful flowers sitting right in front of me. But it could be someone named Tom Cruise. He’s a very nice guy.”

Walters then suggested they save the Tom Cruise talk for tomorrow. Stay tuned!

INSTANT FIZZLE

Page Six

September 6, 2006 -- WE'RE sure John Mayer had fun with Jessica Simpson while it lasted. Last week, Us Weekly proclaimed they were dating. People magazine even went so far as to quote a Simpson pal as saying they were "in love." But Mayer has already dumped Simpson, because, insiders say, she and her pals are too loose-lipped for the reclusive Mayer. One person in the Mayer camp told Us Weekly the relationship "was a 2 [that] her camp spun into an 11 . . . [Mayer] thinks it's desperate . . . an attempt to stay in the spotlight."

Rolling Stone Exclusive: How To Be John Mayer’s Girlfriend

9/6/06, 10:46 am EST

In the new issue of Rolling Stone (on newstands later this week) John Mayer pontificates to writer Brian Hiatt on many things: weed; how everybody in the music biz is a pussy; Eric Clapton; buying “Playgirl,” but not being gay, and (duh) his new — and rather awesome — album, Continuum. Most important, the singer provides an illuminating set of rules for all the aspiring Mayer girlfriends out there, whoever they may be. In his own words:

1. “Be really careful with me on the phone. Distance makes the brain grow more maniacal.”

2. “Twenty-four-hour phone-sex assistance. If there’s a cute girl in the front row, I’m gonna run offstage and call you.”

3. “You have to run every single fantasy you’ve ever had through me. You’ll never cheat. You see a cute guy at the gym, I’ll be him. Or we’ll get him. I don’t care.”

Since rumor has it Mayer and Ms. Simpson are already over, we’re kinda wondering which tenet of the Tao of John she violated. Guesses?

-- Rolling Stone

Rolling Stone Exclusive: How To Be John Mayer’s Girlfriend

9/6/06, 10:46 am EST

In the new issue of Rolling Stone (on newstands later this week) John Mayer pontificates to writer Brian Hiatt on many things: weed; how everybody in the music biz is a pussy; Eric Clapton; buying “Playgirl,” but not being gay, and (duh) his new — and rather awesome — album, Continuum. Most important, the singer provides an illuminating set of rules for all the aspiring Mayer girlfriends out there, whoever they may be. In his own words:

1. “Be really careful with me on the phone. Distance makes the brain grow more maniacal.”

2. “Twenty-four-hour phone-sex assistance. If there’s a cute girl in the front row, I’m gonna run offstage and call you.”

3. “You have to run every single fantasy you’ve ever had through me. You’ll never cheat. You see a cute guy at the gym, I’ll be him. Or we’ll get him. I don’t care.”

Since rumor has it Mayer and Ms. Simpson are already over, we’re kinda wondering which tenet of the Tao of John she violated. Guesses?

-- Rolling Stone

whoa!

You have to run every single fantasy you’ve ever had through me. You’ll never cheat. You see a cute guy at the gym, I’ll be him. Or we’ll get him. I don’t care.”

I'm really liking him now! :P Even more so that he dumped Jessica!

I wouldn't mind following his rules! Wish every guy was like that...

You have to run every single fantasy you’ve ever had through me. You’ll never cheat. You see a cute guy at the gym, I’ll be him. Or we’ll get him. I don’t care.”

I'm really liking him now! :P Even more so that he dumped Jessica!

I wouldn't mind following his rules! Wish every guy was like that...

i'm not up for double decker supremes but the way john said it makes it sound hot.

John Mayer “Very Uncomfortable” Being Accused of Dating Gorgeous Blonde

Us Weekly

John Mayer is speaking out for the first time about his fling with Jessica Simpson, 26. In an interview with Access Hollywood’s Nancy O’Dell scheduled to air tonight, the 28-year-old singer neither confirms nor denies the coupling, but does assure fans he’ll continue to make music for everyone else to have sex to.

Nancy: “How do you react when you've been so much in the public eye, because of this relationship, whether it happened or not, so in a way, it's not bad publicity…”

John: “There's nothing about it at all that I wake up in the morning and go to bed at night and say to myself, "Hmm, it's kind of got a shiny edge to it." There's nothing about it that's interesting to me or fascinating with me. I wanna get where I wanna get because I got better on the guitar.”

Nancy: “Was it so bent? That you never even dated Jessica?”

John: “I want to acknowledge that there's two separate things happening. There's the home life that I defend as a guy who’s just here to play music, and you don't see me on red carpets like this...and like that.”

Nancy: “You don't even go to red carpets.”

John: “Don't go to red carpets. So it’s very odd for me and I just basically -- it’s very uncomfortable for me.”

“... There are real crises in the world; there are people who are fighting to keep their house warm and I'm not going to sit here and bite my nails because someone says that I might possibly have gone a date with a beautiful blond girl. I'm not going to sit here beating myself up over the head with it. But what is challenging to me is that I have a contract with my audience in a way, that I exist-- I'm their guy who's just here to play music, you know, and that has never changed. That has certainly not changed in the last 2 weeks and I'm here to play music, you know?”

Nancy: “Do you feel like it takes away from the music?”

John: “Absolutely.”

Nancy: “But there are the people that would go, now they're more fascinated with you and they may go out and get your album because they're fascinated with your relationship.”

John: “In my mind, that's cheating.”

I'm enjoying his sense of humor... From John Mayer's blog:

SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2006

WHAT IF...

My Life Has Returned To Normal!!!!

Filed Under: John Mayer > Bill Bixby > Oh, No You Just Didn't!!!

I'm finally free from the Arby's-heat-lamp-red glare of celebrity!!!!! AND I LOVE IT!!!!!!

But I wonder... What would my blog look like had things continued the way they were?

Pump some Fergie (and maybe even some of her music) and let the dream sequence begin!!!!

Posted Image

Monday, September 25, 2006

Chad Franscoviak and I hit up a spot post-show in Portland, along with the likes of David Ryan Harris and J.J. Johnson. We had a total blast and then Chad and I retired to my room to talk about, among other things, zombies. Wait, what? You think we're what? Oh, girlfriend, it's so not like that!!!! OMG!!!! Here's a pic of the two of us in the elevator:

Posted Image

The hotel in Portland had an awesome snack machine. Big ups to whoever stocks that joint. Aero Bars??? YESSSS!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

I Like Cross (Species) Dressing

Posted Sep 25th 2006 8:50AM by JMZ Staff

Filed under: Stupid A**hole

What the hell is wrong with me? On a rare leisurely day at the venue in Portland, I decided to bring out the bear suit that was featured in "John Mayer Has A TV Show", a pointless and insipid 22 minutes that could have been better spent getting a closed MRI. Here's a shot of me rolling around in the grass while dozens of other hardworking crew members break their backs all day just to stage another show for my overprivileged self.

Posted Image

Jessica Hooks Up with John Mayer

If a secret hotel tryst is any indication, Jessica Simpson and John Mayer appear to be making sweet music together, despite past protestations to the contrary. TMZ spies spotted Simpson and Mayer at the tony Four Seasons Hotel in Beverly Hills last week. There's been considerable buzz about the story, and several reports suggested that it couldn't be so. Now, other sources have come forward saying that TMZ is right on the money.

Here's how it went down: Mayer was the first to arrive at the hotel's bar, and he actually chatted up one of our spies and asked her upstairs to "talk." She declined. Not long after, Jessica arrived and made a beeline for her friend and musical collaborator Romeo Antonio, who was sitting at a table. When Antonio subsequently hit the boys' room, Mayer was there and asked if any romance existed between Antonio and Jessica. Apprised that there was not, Mayer then returned to the bar, talked to Simpson for about ten minutes, and then the two left the bar together and disappeared into an elevator. They were never seen again -- that night, at least.

TMZ