sanlee

Brad and Angelina

Angelina Jolie: I Don't Love Acting As Much As I Used

USMagazine, Saturday, July 30, 2011, 7:23am (PDT)

Angelina Jolie is one of the highest paid actresses in the world, but the Oscar winner's main passions are actually outside of the field. In an interview with the Financial Times published Friday, Jolie, 36, opens up about becoming a mom of six has changed her relationship with work.

"I've never not been grateful to be an actor," she says. "But I think when I was younger I needed [acting] more. I was trying to question things in life so you find these characters that help you find things and grow."

Now, she adds, "I'm older and I know who I am… and I'm less interested in the character helping me answer something… than in being able to answer it for myself, as a woman, as an adult, with my family."

Although the Salt star says she has no plans to retire in the near future, she admits: "I don't love [acting] as much as I did]. I love being a mom."

Jolie and her longtime love Brad Pitt have six children together -- Maddox, 9, Pax, 7, Zahara, 6, Shiloh, 5, and 3-year-old twins Knox and Vivienne -- and the family is famous for their nomadic lifestyle. "Home is wherever we are," she says. But does she ever feel rootless? "Yes, but happily. I'm very bad at staying in one place. I'm also bad at sitting still… There's so much to explore in the world… So I love travel. If you can travel I think it's the best way to raise kids."

Her directorial debut -- "In the Land of Blood and Honey"-- is a love story she also wrote, which is set in the Bosnian war. "I prefer [being behind the camera] to acting," she admits. "I think I've learned something from all of [the directors I've worked with] -- even the ones I didn't like… I also learned a lot from Clint Eastwood about how to appreciate the members of the crew, empowering them to do their job."

But Jolie doesn't plan to stay in the business forever. "As Brad and I get older we're going to do fewer films. I've been working for a long time, he's been working for a long time," she says. "We've had a nice run and I don't want to be doing this our whole lives. There are a lot of other things to do."

She must have something coming out soon. Because she is talking - again - about how much she is not working :vomit2:

Edited by branchop

She must have something coming out soon. Because she is talking - again - about how much she is not working :vomit2:

:4biggrin: So true.

Lol, her movie is due in December I think but I'm not aware of anything else. If you look at IMDB, it shows her next film due in 2013...so perhaps she's blabbing again to cover the lack of offers? Whatever it is, god forbid we ever were to think she didn't orchestrate things to be that way, right? :rolleyes: :1smile:

Well, he has stuff coming out (venice and/or Toronto festivals) so perhaps she's doing the publicity to help him.....

When I saw her on the red carpet, my first thought was - she's not wearing underwear. There was....movement...in the butt region ;-)

Ditto on spanx!

Edited by Hoyaheel

Brad Pitt: Angelina Jolie Is "Still a Bad Girl" in Private

Us Weekly – 1 hour 1 minute ago

Angelina Jolie is a lady in the streets and a freak in the sheets, according to her partner Brad Pitt.

"She's still a bad girl," the actor revealed on CBS This Morning Monday. "Delightfully so. It's not for public consumption."

(Jolie, 36, recently admitted to 60 Minutes that she suppresses her inner bad girl in public because that side of her "belongs to Brad.")

I HOPE THEY ANNOUNCE THEIR SPLIT SOON CAUSE I CANNOT TAKE MUCH MORE OF THIS!

Edited by cr8zn2004

Posted Image

Posted Image

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt A Happy Meal

TMZ

TMZ has obtained photographic evidence that food, or rather a bag containing food, touched the hands of Angelina Jolie today in Los Angeles.

It is unclear whether or not this constitutes "eating."

According to our sources, she would have to consume the food inside the bag for it to constitute "a meal."

Jolie was the passenger in a car driven by husband Brad Pitt as they made their way through a McDonald's drive-thru.

Calls to a rep for Angelina's right leg were not returned.

Bold text is me - ha ha ha!! :jumping1:

Over the weekend I read an article somewhere (I THINK it was on aol homepage) that said "the leg" was a calculated move to keep eyes off of the belly - that she is pregnant.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt A Happy Meal

TMZ

TMZ has obtained photographic evidence that food, or rather a bag containing food, touched the hands of Angelina Jolie today in Los Angeles.

It is unclear whether or not this constitutes "eating."

According to our sources, she would have to consume the food inside the bag for it to constitute "a meal."

Jolie was the passenger in a car driven by husband Brad Pitt as they made their way through a McDonald's drive-thru.

Calls to a rep for Angelina's right leg were not returned.

Bold text is me - ha ha ha!! :jumping1:

Maybe she read Fanchitchat and everyone's admonishments that she needed to eat a hamburger. :inlove:

Posted Image

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Engaged

By Mary Green

Friday April 13, 2012 03:45 PM EDT

people.com

Break out the champagne – Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged – officially!

"Yes, it's confirmed," Pitt's manager Cynthia Pett-Dante tells PEOPLE. "It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy. There’s no date set at this time."

Jeweler Robert Procop designed Jolie's engagement ring in collaboration with Pitt.

Jolie, 36, and Pitt, 48, have been together since 2005, and rumors that they planned to marry have circulated for years.

The chatter intensified earlier this year when Pitt told CBS News that they were "getting a lot of pressure from the kids."

The couple have six children together: Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Viv, 3.

I'm already seeing the mean gossip jokes that now we'll see an engagement from Jennifer Aniston as a desperate attempt to draw attention to herself, a "race to the alter." I do think that is what is going on, but I think Angelina can't stand the fact that Jennifer is moving on, and SHE is the one trying to make sure she marries Brad before Jennifer gets married. These two make me want to puke.

Posted Image

Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt Are Engaged

By Mary Green

Friday April 13, 2012 03:45 PM EDT

people.com

Break out the champagne – Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are engaged – officially!

"Yes, it's confirmed," Pitt's manager Cynthia Pett-Dante tells PEOPLE. "It is a promise for the future and their kids are very happy. There’s no date set at this time."

Jeweler Robert Procop designed Jolie's engagement ring in collaboration with Pitt.

Jolie, 36, and Pitt, 48, have been together since 2005, and rumors that they planned to marry have circulated for years.

The chatter intensified earlier this year when Pitt told CBS News that they were "getting a lot of pressure from the kids."

The couple have six children together: Maddox, 10, Pax, 8, Zahara, 7, Shiloh, 5 and twins Knox and Viv, 3.

Oh yeah, there just happened to be someone with a flash camera in the museum to take that oh-so-candid photo. They are so sly about feeding the paps info on where they'll be for those family photo-ops.

Posted Image

Better shot of the ring.

Geezus. After all the supposed fuss about getting this thing made, I really expected something gorgeous. Certainly not what I'm seeing here.

Posted Image

Better shot of the ring.

Geezus. After all the supposed fuss about getting this thing made, I really expected something gorgeous. Certainly not what I'm seeing here.

I take it you're not in to the gumball machine look either???

:wacko:

I'm actually a gemologist and it appears that Brad has a marquise diamond mounted on each end of the center emerald cut diamond. I actually like the ring because it looks classic and elegant, not all blinged out and blinding. The only downside was setting it in yellow gold. It makes the diamonds look yellow.

I think it looks very Art Deco & architectural. Not my style at all (but way better than Biel's ;-) but I hate the yellow gold too!!!

I think it looks very Art Deco & architectural. Not my style at all (but way better than Biel's ;-) but I hate the yellow gold too!!!

My first thought when I saw it was that it llooked like something Brad would like because it does look art deco. Which I like. I'll bet this is just a bad picture. I see what you are saying about the yellow gold, though.

I'm actually a gemologist and it appears that Brad has a marquise diamond mounted on each end of the center emerald cut diamond. I actually like the ring because it looks classic and elegant, not all blinged out and blinding. The only downside was setting it in yellow gold. It makes the diamonds look yellow.

Could it be set in rose gold? And I'm loathe to say it, but I rather like the ring too.

Could it be set in rose gold? And I'm loathe to say it, but I rather like the ring too.

I like it too. Maybe platinum would have been a better metal though.