sanlee

Katy Perry

Katy Perry And Benji Madden Dating

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Katy Perry’s got a Valentine, and his name is Benji Madden!

The “I Kissed A Girl” hitmaker has prompted speculation that she is dating the former boyfriend of heiress Paris Hilton after the pair were spied “cuddling” in Las Vegas over the Valentine’s Day weekend.

PEOPLE reports:

Following her Valentine’s show at Hard Rock Hotel’s Wasted Space, Perry, 24, and Madden, 29, headed to Lavo – where the two conspicuously cuddled throughout the night, later prompting one observer to sense “some chemistry there.”

Source: popcrunch.com

Katy Perry denies romance with Paris’ ex

Singer says she and Madden just hanging out in Vegas, not ‘bumping uglies’

Access Hollywood

LOS ANGELES - Katy Perry has clawed back at rumors she was caught canoodling with Good Charlotte rocker Benji Madden on Valentine’s Day in Las Vegas.

“Oh kittens! It’s two pseudo famous people sitting next to each other ... doesn’t mean we were bumping uglies!” she wrote on her Web site. “You know I don’t just do that with anyone! That’s just how the media works, as you can tell.”

Perry vowed earlier this year to remain celibate after splitting over New Year’s with longtime beau Travis McCoy, frontman for Gym Class Heroes. She said she was in Vegas, not with Benji on a solo date, but hanging with a host of friends.

“I was there celebrating a really fun show and a boozy Valentine’s with all my good friends. We were like a group of 25,” Perry wrote.

The “I Kissed A Girl” singer did note, however, that she has a fondness for the guitarist, who recently broke up with Paris Hilton.

“Benji is a nice young fellow, but my heart really belongs to Kitty Purry,” she wrote, referring to her cat.

Copyright 2009 by NBC. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Katy Perry Eyes English Boyfriend

Katy Perry wants an English boyfriend.

The Hot 'N Cold hitmaker - who split from boyfriend Travis McCoy last year - says it would be "nice" to have a British beau, but insists she's not yet ready for love.

She tells Britain's News of The World newspaper, "I'm still available. I could have an English boyfriend.

"I think it could be nice but I'm not sure I'm ready for love."

Perry, 24, also issued some relationship advice, "[Women] will love you so much, make you beans on toast and butter your bread.

"But if you break our heart, we will take the butter knife and cut you into little pieces and put you in the freezer."

Source: showbizspy.com

Perry 'Loves Watching Kids' Beauty Pageants'

Katy Perry has revealed that she loves watching children's beauty pageants on television.

Writing on her official blog, the star confessed that viewing the shows reminded her of her own childhood experiences as a contestant.

"My mum entered me in one or two of these things. The first one was just at your local grocery store. I got second place," she recalled. "Then, I faintly remember doing a real pageant when we lived in Arizona. I competed...and got second place!"

The 'Thinking Of You' singer added that despite the age restriction, she would love the opportunity to compete again.

"I know exactly what I’d say if any question was picked out of a fish bowl. I mean I’ve done probably 5,000 interviews by now, I am ready for any curve ball," she said.

"Even though I am 24, I still wear those same outfits. I still have my hair and makeup done like that…I am them!"

Source: digitalspy.co.uk

Taylor Swift: 'Katy Perrry Asked me For my Hair'

Katy Perry asked Taylor Swift for a "piece" of her hair.

Speaking to British newspaper The Sun, Swift recalled how the I Kissed a Girl hitmaker walked into her dressing room at the Grammys with a pair of scissors.

She said, "I also had the dressing room next to Katy Perry. We'd been talking that day, she came by and sat down and hung out for a while and then later on when I was getting ready for red carpet, putting my dress on, getting my make-up done she walks in with a pair of scissors.

"And she says, 'Hey, is it cool if I cut a piece of your hair?' And I was like,'Umm, yeah sure, why?' She said, 'Well, I'm going to carry a heart-shaped purse down the red carpet and when people say, 'Katy, what's in your heart-shaped purse? I'm just going to say a lock of Taylor Swift's hair.'"

Source: showbizspy.com

Katy Perry Dating Brand

Katy Perry is secretly dating Russell Brand.

The 'Hot N Cold' singer was whisked away to Thailand on a romantic break with the presenter after impressing him with a picture of her breasts after they met at the MTV Video Music Awards last month.

A source said: "When they were both in New York for the music awards Russell finally got his chance to work his charm on her.

"Katy knows his bad boy reputation but could not resist - especially when Russell sent her a love poem with a note attached saying, 'Please send me a poem back.'

"Russell couldn't stop laughing when Katy sent a photo of her boobs with the word 'poem' scrawled across them. The next minute Russell picked up the phone and invited her to Thailand for a secret getaway."

Friends have warned Katy about the 34-year-old comic's womanising ways but she is determined to make the relationship work.

The source told Britain's The Sun newspaper: "Despite his reputation, Katy thinks Russell is so charming she just wants to give things a go with him. She thinks he is hilarious and incredibly sexy."

The couple have now returned from their trip, with Katy taking to her Twitter page to gush about the "magical" holiday.

Speaking about some of Russell's favourite stars, she added: "Been schooled on Morrissey, Oscar Wilde and Peter Sellers."

Russell also used Twitter while on holiday, revealing he had been looking at "sexy" statues in Thailand.

Katy and Russell were first romantically linked after the VMA awards when they were seen kissing at Lady Gaga's after-party at New York nightspot Avenue.

Meanwhile, it has been announced that Katy will host the MTV Europe Music Awards (EMAs) next month.

The 24-year-old star impressed bosses after she fronted the ceremony in Liverpool, England, last year and so they have asked her to return for next month's show in Berlin.

Katy is the first person to front two consecutive EMAs.

Source contactmusic

Perry 'To Introduce Brand To Her Parents'

Katy Perry is to introduce new boyfriend Russell Brand to her parents, it has been claimed.

However, the 'Hot N Cold' singer is said to be worried that her Christian mother and father will not approve of her romance with the controversial comedian.

A source told The Sun: "Katy is as besotted with Russell as he is with her. Katy is sure that, after they get used to him, they would approve of Russell, but she wants to get that initial meeting out of the way as early as she can. Keith and Mary are devoted to the church and hold the institution of marriage as a central core of their beliefs."

"They are genuinely happy for their daughter, but want to give Russell the once-over to check that he is suitable."

The 24-year-old - whose parents run a ministry near Los Angeles - apparently wants to arrange the meeting as soon as possible so that she can continue working on her new album.

The insider added: "Katy is really keen to get the meeting out of the way early on, so her and Russell can get on with their relationship without anything hanging over their heads."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Perry Cures Brand's Womanising Ways

British comedian RUSSELL BRAND has credited his girlfriend KATY PERRY with putting an end to his womanising ways, insisting he is no longer interested in the promiscuous life he led before meeting the pop star.

The Forgetting Sarah Marshall actor has been dating Perry since September (09) and the former sex addict admits their budding romance is already having a positive effect on his lifestyle.

He says, "I am living in a different way at the moment. Regardless of what happens in my current situation, I am unlikely to be satisfied with the calamitous promiscuity of the preceding five or six years."

But Brand refuses to discuss his relationship with the I Kissed A Girl hitmaker in more detail - because he fears the press will misconstrue anything he says about her.

He adds, "She's lovely and I don't want her to read anything about herself.

"The other day a journalist from a tabloid in a ludicrous fedora said to me, 'Russell, are you in love with Katy?' And I said, 'You look like a character from a Graham Greene novel. I think I'm in love with you.' I said that to defuse the situation. But what do they print? They print, 'I think I am in love'."

Source contactmusic

Katy Perry makes Russell Brand day by wearing sexy West Ham outfit on stage

Although Katy Perry revealed that Russell Brand wanted her to remain “covered up” on stage at the MTV Europe Music Awards, she went against his wishes in a tribute to his favourite football team West Ham.

As she geared up to host the show in Berlin, Katy told the Mirror: “If Russ had his way I think I’d be dressed as a lollipop lady, covered up head to toe.”

But after presenting part of the awards in a West Ham corset and hot pants – complete with the team's badges on her chest and Russell’s nickname ‘Rusty’ on her behind – the comedian was overjoyed.

Russell wrote on Twitter: “Wow. Now MY GIRLFRIEND has worn a West Ham basque while hosting the EMA's. What a day! I might revive Gandhi and ask if he wants to be mates.”

The 34-year-old is now set on taking Katy, 25, to watch West Ham play at Upton Park.

He wrote: “Yes I will be taking her to a game - West Ham Vs Everton. And, before it begins, no I won't be taking her up the Arsenal.”

Source; Daily Mirrot

Travis McCoy: 'New LP Inspired By Perry'

Travis McCoy has revealed that his forthcoming album has been inspired by his split from Katy Perry.

The Gym Class Heroes star, who is currently working on his debut solo LP, claimed that he mentions his former romance with the singer on several tracks.

"Being in a relationship with Katy has inspired tracks," Angry Ape quotes McCoy as saying. "Any relationship you go through inspires something.

"It is really not in my character to be nasty about anyone and I wish her luck. I do think I have better hair than Russell [brand], though."

Perry has been dating Brand since the pair met at the MTV VMAs in September.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Katy Perry's Mature Sound

Katy Perry has promised her new songs will be more mature - because she now knows how to "handle" boys.

The 'I Kissed a Girl' singer - who is currently dating British comedian Russell Brand - insists her follow-up material to debut album 'One of the Boys' will be influenced by her romantic experiences.

She said: "My new songs are a little bit more mature. I know how to handle boys now.

"Actually, I don't even mess with boys anymore, I mess with men. It's different because on 'One of the Boys' I was, like, 17 to 23 and some of those songs, like half the record, I wrote when I was 19 - and that's such a different place than you are when you're 25."

The singer also revealed she has started "saving" details of her life, so her new songs will be more honest.

She added: "When I sit down to talk about things, sometimes I don't give as much detail as I used to but I think I am saving it for the songs - and the songs I'm just gushing.

"From the few songs that I've written so far, they are very honest, if not more honest than the last ones."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Katy Perry Engaged to Russell Brand?

KATY Perry is set to be a wife — she’s engaged to boyfriend Russell Brand, according to British tabloid reports.

The I Kissed a Girl hitmaker apparently accepted Brand’s proposal last week during a pre-Christmas get together while she was in the UK.

“Russell knows Katy’s the one for him,” a source told the Sunday Mirror newspaper.

“He’s never been into a girl like he has with her and they’re besotted. He asked her to marry him last week and she quickly said yes.

“They don’t know when the wedding will be but they are planning to make it in 2010 if the schedules can work.

“Russell is #$*!searching for a jewelery designer to make up a ring in time for New Year after the pair #$*!discussed what they wanted to have.

“It’s a race against time #$*!because Russell wants to have it ready for New Year’s Eve.

“Katy’s stylist friend and #$*!Russell’s people have been #$*!quietly making inquiries for the couple so they can find exactly what they want.

“Katy’s thrilled with Russell and how he is #$*!making so much effort. Russell also has the #$*!approval of Katy’s #$*!parents and everyone in the pair’s close circle know about the #$*!engagement.”

Source showbizspy.com

Russell Brand: ‘it’s True — I’m Engaged!’

IT’S OFFICIAL!

Russell Brand is engaged to singer Katy Perry!

The British comedian confirmed to British newspaper The Sun Us Weekly’s report that he proposed to the I Kissed a Girl hitmaker while the couple was on holiday in India over the holidays.

“It’s true,” Brand said of the engagement rumors. “Much love.”

Brand and Perry — who have been dating since September — are now celebrating their news in Thailand.

Legendary lothario Russell has turned his back on his womanizing ways since meeting Katy, and announced just before he went to India that he was a reformed man.

“Tonight I turned off my famous, hedonistic hot-tub, a monumental event,” he said. “I did it for climate change. In every sense.”

Source showbizspy.com

Katy Perry Pregnant?

Katy Perry has sparked rumours she is pregnant after being seen looking at baby clothes.

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer - who recently announced her engagement to British comic star Russell Brand - took a stroll around some children's shops in Hampstead, London, on Sunday (10.01.10).

A source told The Sun newspaper: "Russell and Katy had a wander around Hampstead. They visited children's shoe shop Cubs and had a lot of fun checking out all the little bootees.

"They then went to Cafe Rouge for a bit of lunch. Katy ordered scrambled eggs and asked for the eggs to be 'well done'. And when Russell asked for a portion of chips she loudly announced to the waiter, 'Hold the mayo'."

Pregnant women are not allowed to eat freshly made mayonnaise because the recipe contains uncooked eggs, which are considered a health risk to unborn babies.

Katy, 25, has further fuelled the rumours by posting several cryptic messages on her twitter page.

In a posting on New Year's Day (01.01.10), she said: "It's noon on Jan 1st here in the future, let me tell you 2010 is BUMPIN! (sic)"

She then wrote to Russell: "I heard ur prego-ed."

She then messaged gossip blogger Perez Hilton, saying: "Boy do I have storrrrries!(sic)"

Source femalefirst

Katy Perry Waiting To Wed

Katy Perry and Russell Brand are yet to set a wedding date.

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer and the British comedian got engaged on New Year's Eve (31.12.09) after a whirlwind romance but Katy insists they will only tie the knot when they feel the time is right, despite recent reports they had already advised friends of which dates to keep free for the ceremony.

She said: "We love each other and we desperately want to be with each other, so we're going to take it as we come.

"I think the right time will be the right time."

Katy says humour is the key to her relationship with Russell as they can always make each other laugh, but also credited the 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' star's romantic ways as keeping their union strong.

She said: "Humour is a very big part of our lives, and when things get difficult, we just have a laugh.

"He's the most romantic man I've ever been in contact with - ever! I didn't think anyone could ever live up to that."

The 'Hot N Cold' hitmaker also revealed how the couple first met when she hurled an empty water bottle at his head at the MTV Video Music Awards (VMAs) in September.

She told gossip website Wonderwall: "I threw an empty water bottle at his head across Radio City Music Hall at the VMAs and it hit him straight in the head and I said 'Hiiiiiiii!!' And from then on it's always been like 'Oh God...' So thanks, empty water bottle."

Katy Perry Has Judging Bug

Katy Perry would "ditch" her singing career to be an 'American Idol' judge.

The 'I Kissed a Girl' singer - who recently joined Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Kara DioGuardi as a guest judge on the series - would consider quitting her pop star life for a permanent role on the TV talent show because she enjoyed how "fun" and "easy" it was.

She told MTV: "The 'American Idol' experience was awesome. If I was offered that job as a permanent host, I would ditch my career and take on that career. It's such a fun, easy thing. I mean, I guess the pressure gets really on when you start eliminating the number of people that are going through until you've got the final two. So that can be kind of tense and stressful, but otherwise it's kind of like judging a talent show."

The 25-year-old star had been looking forward to her guest slot for months and went on the programme with the aim to be an "honest a*shole" like Simon.

She previously said: "I might become a little bit of a buddy with Simon, because whenever I watch that show, as much as he's an a*shole, he's a very truthful, honest a*shole.

"I'm not there to build them up. It's weird, because I don't want to break their hearts, but everyone knows someone who's been doing karaoke and doing little gigs here and there, and nobody has told them that they can't sing on pitch for, like, 15 years?

"And you're like, 'Someone needs to say something.' And, unfortunately, I might be that girl."

Katy Perry Denies She's A Manufactured Pop Star

Singer Katy Perry has denied that she is a manufactured pop star and that she isn't in control of what she does.

Perry, 25, is engaged to British comic Russell Brand, 34, and is best known for hits such as I Kissed A Girl and Hot and Cold.

She told Nylon magazine: 'The biggest conception [of me] is that it's someone else's idea, or that I'm just a vessel. Some people don't think I'm the captain of my ship.'

Perry revealed she has been listening to older music for inspiration for her second album.

She said: 'I've been on a '90s kick for a little bit. I've been listening to Hole, who are coming back... The Cardigans, Ace of Base.

'The new music is still fun, but it's a bit darker. It's not as annoying. If you do something over and over again, it's like Chinese water torture.'

Katy Perry 'Wants To Wed Brand In Church'

Katy Perry reportedly wants to get married in a church so she does not upset her parents.

While fiancé Russell Brand recently suggested that the pair wed in Los Angeles' Sunset Marquis hotel, the singer is said to have made other plans.

"Russell has been visiting the hotel for years and it is steeped in rock 'n' roll history," a source told The Mirror.

"It's in the middle of West Hollywood, but it has beautiful gardens and you feel like you are in some kind of tranquil paradise. Katy was keen, but when it was suggested they could have their blessing in one of the recording studios, she put her foot down."

The insider continued: "Her religious parents would be crushed if she didn't get married in a church. Russell said she can have whatever she wants - as long as his mom's there."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Katy Perry's Fungi Figure

Katy Perry keeps in shape by eating mushrooms.

The 'Hot N' Cold' singer says tasty fungi are her favourite food and the wide variety of earthy treats are very good for staying slim.

She said: "I love mushrooms. I could eat a ton of them. I really love truffles but I hardly ever get them. Mushrooms in general though are so healthy and good for you. I can't get enough."

Katy - who is engaged to vegetarian funnyman Russell Brand - admits she can't indulge in many of the waist-expanding delicacies she loves, which include Chinese food and pizza, because she puts on weight.

Listing many of her favourite calorific treats, she said: "My fave things include barbeque chicken chop at CPK Chinese, chicken salad at Chinchins, Rock shrimp and yellow tail sashimi at Nobu, Crispy beef at Mr.Chow's, four curry chicken salad at Urth Cafe, my beloved double double at In-N-Out Burger. All so good!"

Meanwhile, Katy is busy planning her wedding to Russell.

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer - whose parents Mary and Keith Hudson are both Christian pastors - has reportedly told the British comedian she wants to tie the knot at a location close to her Los Angeles home.

A source said: "Russell has said she can have whatever she wants - as long as his mum's there. Katy's religious parents want her to get married in a church."

Source contactmusic

Insecure Katy Perry

Katy Perry has "moments of insecurity".

The 'I Kissed a Girl' singer - who is engaged to British comic Russell Brand - admits she is often shy and unsure of herself even though she has a huge pop career and famous fiance.

She explained: "Even the most confident people still have their moments of insecurity. And even though I may come across as loud and bubbly and brimming with confidence, I can be a shy girl too."

However, the 25-year-old pop beauty - who is known for her skimpy outfits and energetic stage routines - fights through her insecurities for her fans.

She told more! magazine: "For me, I wrote a lot of my songs in my hot little apartment and I didn't think much of them - but then I started playing them in front of people and they were singing the songs back to me louder than I was singing them. It gives you goosebumps on your arms. It might sound cheesy, but I could swear that every artist would say that's the most validating thing. Everything I do, I know it is for the fans and they are the reason why I exist." Katy - who is currently working a new album, due to be released later this year - recently admitted she was thrilled with how 2010 is panning out for her.

She added: "Being in the studio again and making this new album is really great, and then to get the Grammy nomination while I was writing it was a really lovely boost of confidence and encouragement and then of course there's my engagement! So yes, I would say it's all going pretty well."

Source femalefirst

Katy Perry asks Rihanna to plan her bachelorette party

Katy Perry has heaped the pressure on best pal Rihanna - she's asked the "Umbrella" singer to organize her bachelorette party.

Rihanna was in the throes of announcing her summer tour with Kesha when Perry dropped the bombshell and gave her pal the task of coming up with a wild bash to celebrate her upcoming wedding to British funnyman Russell Brand.

During an interview with Ryan Seacrest, the R&B star says, "She put that on me last week and now I have to come up with something cool 'cos she's getting married in India, so I'm like, 'OK and now what do I do to match that for a bachelorette party?'"

But she has a bit of planning time: "That's at the end of the year, so we've got some time to plan that."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/dailyd...x#ixzz0koZbBrt2