Kath

Divorce in 2017 - who'll do it, next

Which couple will divorce, next?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted too.

Okay.... care to share? :)

I voted for Julia & Danny. I've heard that they've more or less lived separate lives (different houses, only deal with each other about their children, etc) for years. The liquidation of some of her real estate, recently, makes me think they want to move from separated to fully-dividing assets... in other words, divorce.

Voted for Cate and Andrew. I do not have a reason except a feeling when looking over the list. I have not read about them for a while.

Andrew was seen with a blond, very friendly, a couple months ago in Sydney. Now Cate is on Broadway in a play he wrote (adapted) and I think is directing. I think I agree with Lainey on them - they have a "unique" theatrical marriage....

• Like 1

Voted for Cate and Andrew. I do not have a reason except a feeling when looking over the list. I have not read about them for a while.

http://www.celebitchy.com/519033/cate_blanchett_andrew_upton_are_fine_after_he_got_friendly_with_a_27-year-old/?utm_source=laineygossip.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=pubexchange_article

Edited by Hoyaheel

Scarlett Johansson and Romain Dauriac Break Up After Two Years of Marriage

Dang, we didn't even have them listed!

Well, there's some question about whether or not they've actually split: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4159278/Scarlett-Johansson-Romain-Dauriac-united-split.html

I like Lainey's analysis

http://www.laineygossip.com/(F(link))/Scarlett-Johansson-splits-from-husband-Romain-Dauriac-after-two-years-of-marriage/46074

The report was in People; People only reports what celebs want them to, ergo ..... They split over the summer.

Agreed. Just cuz they turned up together at some show doesn't mean they're staying together! Scarlet had a daughter with Romain and maybe attends this event with him to show that even though they are divorcing they are keeping it all "consiuosly uncoupling" civil. Also, R. is now trying to be an "art consultant" so maybe she joined him at this artsy evening to try to support him in his latest career. She had a kid with him and probably owes child support over the next 18 years so hopes that, at some point, he'll become a bit more financially successful than he is now. Weird that they opened a popcorn store in Paris in the fall if they split over the summer?

When this poll started, I had the same couples featured year after year after year, with very few changes or substitutions . I can see why many of you found it boring but the vast majority of celebrity couples seem to end up splitting, given enough time. It's less a question of WHO and more a question of WHEN? Scarlet & Romain were on the poll the first two years of their marriage. Maybe they waited 'til FanChitChat-ers took them off the list before they announced their seperation, just to spite us. LOL

• Like 2

Scarlet & Romain were on the poll the first two years of their marriage. Maybe they waited 'til FanChitChat-ers took them off the list before they announced their seperation, just to spite us. LOL

I think you're on to something!! :D

• Like 1

In their defense (why, I don't know because I vote for them every year) it does t say when they renewed them and it kind of sounded like it could have been a long time ago.

• Like 1

Yeah, but the whole "we stay together because of the kids" bit makes me think an announcement will drop the moment that Harper hits the age of consent.

In their defense (why, I don't know because I vote for them every year) it does t say when they renewed them and it kind of sounded like it could have been a long time ago.

I thought about that after I posted, but on the other hand - he's talking about it now, so.....

I have a feeling they're one of those families where everyone does their own thing, sometimes on different continents, and that's just the way it works for them and it's ok. The kids seem pretty well-adjusted for celeb kids, so I think they must be doing something ok....

They were never married but do have 2 little ones, together. Melissa George (of Home & Away, Mulholland Drive, Alias, etc) is going through a acrimonious split from her partner writer, producer and entrepreneur Jean David Blanc, complete with accusations of kidnapping and abuse.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-4304942/Melissa-George-borrowed-private-jet-flee-France.html

This is just super sad for the kid. I hope (assuming it's all true) that she gets help and her son gets away from hr until she does.

http://people.com/tv/jay-mohr-alleges-nikki-cox-battles-drug-mental-issues-files-sole-physical-custody-son/

Jay Mohr Alleges Wife Nikki Cox Battles Mental Health Issues & Files for Sole Physical Custody of Their Son, According to New Court Documents

Natalie StoneMarch 22, 2017 at 10:44pm EDT

Jay Mohr is alleging that his estranged wife Nikki Cox battles both drug and mental health issues and is requesting sole physical custody of their son, according to new court documents obtained by PEOPLE.

In the documents filed March 10, Mohr, 46, is requesting sole physical custody of their five-year-old son, Meredith Daniel Cox Mohr, and joint legal custody, with Cox receiving “reasonable visitation with Meredith, which shall be professionally monitored.”

The new filing comes three months after Mohr filed for divorce from Cox for the second time on Dec. 13 and initially requested joint legal and physical custody of their son.

Since filing divorce docs in December, Mohr claims that he and Cox “have continued to reside in the same residence” with their son, but alleges that their “living situation has become extremely confusing and untenable; and, our son is suffering.”

“Based upon the the increasing hostility in our home, Nikki’s ongoing refusal to attend her mental health issues … her abuse of drugs, and her failure to respect boundaries, I had no choice but to obtain alternate housing for me and our son,” the documents read.

Mohr, who has been married to Cox for almost 10 years, claims that “Nikki’s mental health issues continue to go untreated. … she continues to demonstrate that she is incapable of caring for Meredith,” the docs read. He also alleges that she left ovens on while she and their son were at home asleep; backdoors were left open at night for their dogs to go in and out; and administered a double dose of their son’s medication, which caused him to vomit in the middle of the night.

The actor initially filed for divorce from Cox in July 2016, but called off the divorce just six days after filing the documents.

“I initially filed a Petition for Dissolution of Marriage on July 19, 2016 and sought ex parte custody orders based upon my concerns regarding Meredith’s safety and Nikki’s mental health. My concerns included, but were not limited to, the following facts: Nikki abused drugs, she rarely left her locked bedroom (there were times when Nikki would go 2 full days without seeing Meredith even though we were all in the same house); She was an insomniac who would stay awake for days at a time; she threatened to take her own life on at least two (2) occasions; and she is unable to drive (she never obtained her driver’s license),” the documents read.

According to Mohr, the court denied his ex parte requests and he and his wife “attempted to address the concerns set forth” in the July 19, 2016 declaration.

“Prior to this dissolution proceeding, Nikki was absent from Meredith’s life. To this day, she has never spent twenty-four hours alone with Meredith and has relegated most of Meredith’s care to me and Meredith’s nanny,” the docs read. “To her credit, since July 2016, Nicki has been less absent from Meredith’s life. However, as set forth in further detail below, Nikki’s sudden presence in Meredith’s life has caused confusion, resulting in Meredith exhibiting signs of regression, both at home and in school (he is starting to have bathroom accidents throughout the day) … His behavior is deteriorating both at school and with his therapists.”

FROM COINAGE: The Top 5 Most Expensive Movies of All Time

According to the documents, he claims that Meredith “has been urinating and defecating in his pants” and “routinely yells and screams” at his mother.

“Nikki’s poor parenting decisions affect Meredith’s well-being. Her refusal to discipline Meredith has made me the parent who enforces the rules in our house,” the docs read. “When I have checked on Meredith in the middle of the night, I have walked into the master bedroom to see Meredith and Nikki awake at 2:00 a.m, watching cartoons and eating candy.”

The actor also alleges that his estranged wife “will often come to the guest bedroom in the middle of the night and attempt to seduce me” and recently told him that she believed she was expecting another child: “In January (2017), Nikki told me that she thought she was pregnant. I am azoospermic so this news meant either a miracle had happened, another man had impregnated Nikki, or she was lying. She assured me it was mine.”

He also claims that on “2 separate occasions” during their almost decade-long marriage, she asked him to “drive her to the Universal Hilton so that she could commit suicide. She almost never sleeps. She has isolated herself and no one ever comes to the house to visit her.”

“While I acknowledge that I still love Nikki, I also acknowledge that we can no longer be married to each other, and I cannot continue to raise our son in a toxic environment,” the docs read.

Cox met Mohr in 2004 when he guest-starred on her NBC drama Las Vegas. The pair got engaged in February 2006 and wed that same year at the Hotel Bel-Air in Los Angeles.

Cox’s attorney did not respond to PEOPLE’s request for comment.

• Like 1

They cited "cultural differences". Janet and Wissam come from very different worlds. I am surprised the marriage lasted five years.

Edited by MissuTam
  • Like 1