24 replies to this topic

#1 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 07:06 PM

These books are my new guilty pleasure. I totally get that they are for disaffected 13 year olds (which I know because my nieces read them) but can't help it! Movie version in the works looks to suck big time based on the casting, but oh well. It's a very guilty pleasure!

#2 kathyk

kathyk

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 21 February 2008 - 04:14 AM

O. My. God. These books are the best!!! I read Twilight twice before I could talk my daughter into reading it, and now we are both hooked! I agree about the movie - but, hey - they do have Catherine Hardwicke directing, and she's fantastic...Who do you envision when you see Edward? I never could picture him as a blonde, even though he is - I hope the movie doesn't suck - (we will go, no matter...) Thanks so much for starting this thread!

#3 belliecjk

belliecjk

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 09:05 PM

I am new to the Twilight universe and I am addicted to it. I bought all 3 books and I re-read them. I think Taylor Kitsch would have been a great Edward if he was younger.

#4 kathyk

kathyk

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 06:35 AM

I wanted Stefano Dionisi, but he's my age!! The powers that be need to CGI Edward into what we all see in our heads when we think of him...Good choice , Bellie...Taylor has got "THE EYES"!

Edited by kathyk, 23 February 2008 - 07:04 AM.

#5 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 03 March 2008 - 03:31 PM

I wanted Stefano Dionisi, but he's my age!! The powers that be need to CGI Edward into what we all see in our heads when we think of him...Good choice , Bellie...Taylor has got "THE EYES"!

I don't know who I would cast, but I know I would NOT cast the people they did. I do LOVE Taylor on FNL. He is so hot, and could totally be Edward. I just hate that they have to blonde up people who aren't blonde. I like JJ Field for Carlisle. I've seen him in a bunch of Masterpiece Theater stuff and have really liked him. He's maybe a bit too old, but in my mind, he works.

#6 Desertdreaming

Desertdreaming

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 430 posts

Posted 15 March 2008 - 05:17 PM

My oldest step daughter (18) told me about this series. She gave me the first one to read and I read it in two days. I was calling her telling her I needed to know what the hell was going to happen next. She came over one afternoon with a tattoo (fake one) that read in fancy print "Edward" across the small of her back.
- Breast Cancer Survivor - Since 1999 -

#7 saynomre

saynomre

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 11:16 AM

My oldest step daughter (18) told me about this series. She gave me the first one to read and I read it in two days. I was calling her telling her I needed to know what the hell was going to happen next. She came over one afternoon with a tattoo (fake one) that read in fancy print "Edward" across the small of her back.

Ok, I am going to be 40 in a few weeks and I cannot put these books down. I have read and reread and reread them. Is almost 40 to old to be in love with a fictional vampire? :unsure:

#8 tyler

tyler

FANatic ChitChatter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4609 posts

Posted 05 June 2008 - 12:20 PM

Ok, I am going to be 40 in a few weeks and I cannot put these books down. I have read and reread and reread them. Is almost 40 to old to be in love with a fictional vampire? :unsure:

I, too, have fallen for these books and its all my daughters fault. The books are quite the rage at her school. I asked the clerk at the Barnes and Noble if they were for "adult" enough and she said that they sell quite a few copies to "moms" and there is even a web site for same: http://twilightmoms.com/

You should check out the trailer for the movie. I wasn't sure of the casting choices either, but Edward is looking pretty hot. :unsure:

Edited by tyler, 05 June 2008 - 12:21 PM.

“...some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money. They can't be bought, bullied, reasoned, or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Alfred, Batman and applicable today.

#9 bittermuch?

bittermuch?

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 06 June 2008 - 09:34 AM

Bitterboyfriend's twin daughters are reading them - one hated the first one and abandoned it partway through (her quote: "jeez, there are plenty of nice guys and you have to fall in love with a vampire?") and the other one is totally engrossed and in love with the whole thing.
"I'm an experienced woman. I've been around. Well, alright, I might not have been around, but I've been... nearby." Mary Richards

"If it doesn't make sense, it's not true." - my mom quoting Judge Judy

#10 moodringer10

moodringer10

Chatter

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 04:36 PM

These books are my new guilty pleasure. I totally get that they are for disaffected 13 year olds (which I know because my nieces read them) but can't help it! Movie version in the works looks to suck big time based on the casting, but oh well. It's a very guilty pleasure!

hmm ima have to check this out!

#11 purpleiris

purpleiris

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 17 July 2008 - 08:48 AM

Yup! I'm totally addicted to these books! Can't wait for the new one to come out in Aug!

#12 bittermuch?

bittermuch?

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 18 July 2008 - 01:39 PM

What do Twilight fans think of the Entertainment Weekly cover?
"I'm an experienced woman. I've been around. Well, alright, I might not have been around, but I've been... nearby." Mary Richards

#13 purpleiris

purpleiris

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:23 AM

I didn't read the Entertainment Weekly. I'm excited about the movie coming out, but is the movie going to be all of the books in one or will they release different movies for each book? The trailer looks like it's just Twilight. I don't want to wait til December!

#14 Nacasia

Nacasia

Chatter Bug

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:29 PM

I think the cover photo is really nasty looking. They could have done way better.

#15 missykins

missykins

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 July 2008 - 05:44 PM

I am actually pro-Robert Pattinson as Edward and I thought he looked ghastly on the cover of EW. Somebody got carried away with the pasty white makeup... I get online every night around midnight to read the next quote of the day for Breaking Dawn. And though Mr. Missykins is horrified, my friends and I are going to a midnight release party to get the book next Friday.

#16 MercurysMaiden

MercurysMaiden

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 309 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 10:41 AM

I think I'd find them interesting if it weren't for Bella, who I'd like to smack -- hard. <_< I enjoy reading the opinions of those who enjoy the series, however.

#17 hawaiidreamn

hawaiidreamn

Chit Chatter

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 25 July 2008 - 07:56 PM

I liked the books also but I got bored through the third book. I just started Meyer's new book The Host. So far it's pretty good...different, but good.

#18 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1177 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 08:40 PM

I read Breaking Dawn last week and it just about destroyed the series for me. I really disliked it. A LOT. I hate to even think of the movie knowing how the books turn out.

#19 purpleiris

purpleiris

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1162 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 12:00 PM

Oh No! I haven't read Breaking Dawn yet. It's really disappointing? That sucks!

#20 bittermuch?

bittermuch?

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1988 posts

Posted 19 August 2008 - 03:17 PM

The series fans I know are downright angry about it. I guess she took the story in a direction they felt was inconsistent and outrageous.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users