24 replies to this topic

#21 So Jaded

So Jaded

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 903 posts

Posted 06 November 2008 - 09:56 AM

I can't read all of this because I am new to twilight (what can I say I am a late bloomer) and I don't want any spoilers. I am waiting for the library to call me about book two. Anyhoo.. Have any of you been following all the buzz with the movie. NOW I am wondering something. I get that the book is about vampires and therefore "dark" but why are all the characters dressing rather goth and dark for the press junkets... Is this how they normally are or is someone telling them, dress dark and look wasted. Some of them look like they stepped out of Hot Topic... the best example that comes to mind is colin farrel - when he does press, he is always in jeans, boots and botton down top or t-shirt... Never any suits or fancy attire - that is just him. Are these actors just like that or what.. I tell you that is the one thing that is keeping me from getting excited about the movie. Thanks

#22 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:58 PM

Just got into the books. Starting book #3 after starting book #1 about 2 weeks ago, lol. This is targeted for teenagers (oh my, he touched my arm and I'm going to faint now *swoon*), but fun to remember how everything felt sooooo important at that age. Bella is rather dumb, on the other hand so was I at that age, lol. Hope book #4 doesn't suck as much as this thread leaned towards, lol.

#23 mostlylurker

mostlylurker

ChitChat FANatic!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2942 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 08:02 PM

Just got into the books. Starting book #3 after starting book #1 about 2 weeks ago, lol.

This is targeted for teenagers (oh my, he touched my arm and I'm going to faint now *swoon*), but fun to remember how everything felt sooooo important at that age. Bella is rather dumb, on the other hand so was I at that age, lol.

Hope book #4 doesn't suck as much as this thread leaned towards, lol.

i read the books in spite of this sort of thing not being my bad. they are readable and sort of compelling. However I think the messege is horrible and paints stephanie meyer not only as an emotional adolescent, but a rather sick one (for all the reasons mentioned previously). And book four just falls apart. a good 1/3 of it is a bunch of vampires and wearwovles standing around. its like she really didnt know where to go plot wise.

#24 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 15 March 2010 - 10:24 AM

Finished book #4. I won't spoil it for anyone who hasn't read it, but um... she's growing up. That's the entire point of the books. She's getting older and facing adulthood. So book #4 is not a shock. I didn't think #4 was any worse than the first three - this is kind of a no-brainer series, but still entertaining to me. Glad I read 'em. Still think Harry Potter was MUCh better, and this from a girl who loved the Buffy TV show. *runs to hide*

#25 princess

princess

Administrator

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41343 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:41 AM

Posted Image

Newborn Sparkle Vamps Explored in New Twilight Tale From Stephenie Meyer
Today 8:57 AM PDT by Breanne L. Heldman
eonline.com

Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner aren't the only stars of Eclipse. If supporting actress Jodelle Ferland does a good job, she may get a major movie vehicle of her own.

Twilight author Stephenie Meyer is releasing an additional element of the vampire tale that just may bring the teen front and center. The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner: An Eclipse Novella is a 192-pager following the newborn as she's recruited for the army hunting down Bella and Edward.

The story began as an exercise Meyer forced on herself to explore the darker side of the battle in the third installment of her hit series, which she would share on her website, but it gradually grew into much more.

"I'd always considered The Short Life of Bree Tanner as something for the fans," she said in a statement.

The short book will hit shelves on June 5ójust 25 days before fans get their first look at Bree on the silver screen. Luckily, director David Slade was given an early peek.

"Stephenie was gracious enough to let me read a draft of the novella while we were prepping the movie," he said in a statement. "I thoroughly enjoyed the story and it gave us great insight and inspired location choices and the tailoring of scenes. I think fans are going to love the fascinating details involved in the loves, fears and actions of an emerging vampire."

One dollar from every book sold in the U.S. will go to the American Red Cross International Response Fund to support disaster relief efforts in Haiti and Chile.

And, if you voracious Twilight readers can't wait to get your hands on this story sidenote, we recommend giving Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl's Beautiful Creatures a whirl. The first of the five-novel series has already been optioned by Warner Bros. to possibly follow in the Bella and Edward's film-friendly footsteps.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users