MissuTam

Election Year 2016

Did I hear something about a civil war if someone is not re-elected?

Edited by MissuTam

As I’m listening to the sound of Blackhawk helicopters circling my area all night after they made their big show of force over downtown, I feel a need to revisit this thread.

• Sad 1

I started off this year recovering from a pulmonary embolism I had just before Christmas.  Who knew that would be the most tame thing I would have to deal with this year.  :blink:

This year has been fucking unreal.

Anyone know of any Superfan Trump supporters that have finally changed their mind about him?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Well, pre-coronavirus and martial law (February) my dad still was a supporter. For his economic stats, he says. I haven't had the energy to ask recently, or my mother. I just can't deal with the answers. I know they didn't raise me like this. I don't understand. I know I'm not the only GenX in this awkward and awful position either.

[polls have shown that older educated white women - aka my mother - are those whose support he appears to be losing...some]

Edited by Hoyaheel
  • Like 1

The people I know who support him still support him. How, I have no idea. 

What I do know is that, if he loses in November, there's no way he will leave. He will say the election was rigged and declare martial law -- he knows if he leaves, he'll be indicted, and if he's indicted, he will go to prison. And when that happens? The protests we are seeing now will look like child's play.

I fear for this country.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, fykeylicious said:

What I do know is that, if he loses in November, there's no way he will leave. He will say the election was rigged and declare martial law -- he knows if he leaves, he'll be indicted, and if he's indicted, he will go to prison. And when that happens? The protests we are seeing now will look like child's play.

I fear for this country.

He'll prob make a TV deal first with full editing control so he can air the entire "documentary" and then brag about his ratings. :BangHead:

• Confused 1

11 hours ago, princess said:

I started off this year recovering from a pulmonary embolism I had just before Christmas.  Who knew that would be the most tame thing I would have to deal with this year.  :blink:

This year has been fucking unreal.

Anyone know of any Superfan Trump supporters that have finally changed their mind about him?

Sorry to hear that, Princess. I hope your recovery is going well. And no. My sister in law, just in the last hour, posted an article about the 82nd Airborne being sent in to deal with riots. She meant That in a good way. And my dad, who months ago told me he would vote for Biden if the Democrats nominated him, now swears he never said that. Positive news, my son is currently quarantining for 14 days because he joined the Howard University student march on the White House this week, and he’s voted in every primary and election since he was old enough. I’m hoping we are teaching our children to be better.

• Like 3

I have been laughing my ass off at that headline all day! (I get the Post, digital, so one of the emails from them had that in the topic line).

Also, Noel Casler (worked for Apprentice as a talent wrangler, has been defying his NDA for years on twitter) says Melania lives with her parents & Barron in Potomac and is having an affair with one of the bodyguards? (was a bodyguard at Trump Tower?) Must have been one HELL of a postnup.

Oh yeah, that bugged me. They're married. She didn't renegotiate a pre-nup - she negotiated a post-nup.....

political-debate-negotiation.png

Political Debate And Negotiation

June 12, 2020 

[Blind Gossip] Remember the 2016 Presidential Election process?

Wasn’t that fun?

So many candidates. So many personalities. So much mud being slung. So entertaining!

Anyway, with the next Presidential Election only five months away, let’s bring up something from all those years ago.

It’s about the wife of one the many candidates from that time.

It turns out that the candidate was not the only man in her life.

However, she decided to stay in the marriage for the sake of his political career.

This is not a secret to her husband. He actually had to negotiate with her to keep her on board the marriage.

Well, we have something new to add to this discussion.

There was one additional part of that debate and negotiation.

Once his political career is over… their marriage is over!

She is outta there!

Similar: Presidential Candidate’s Spouse Is Having An Affair

Couple:

[Optional] Predict the date she will file for divorce. Always use real names and keep your comments civil.

• Like 1

Tipper & Al Gore?

Oh, 2016.....Trump. Clearly. I hope Melania can be free to live a separate racist life in January 2021......[she's a birther, bitch]

• Haha 1

There was a boat parade in San Diego to support Trump today.  The people promoting it also saying it's not just a Trump event, but a unity event to support America :vomit2:.  Nothing says "bring the people together" than people showing off their boats.  Plus I guess you can't have eggs thrown at you when you're out on the water. :D

Anyway, I digress.  I was curious how many people actually went (FYI San Diego county population is about 3M, city of about 1.5M).  I looked up article and actually snorted out loud when I read this:

At another point, a plane flew over the boats carrying a banner that read "DUMP TRUMP #BUNKERBOY."

https://www.cbs8.com/article/news/local/boat-parade-honoring-president-trump-to-be-held-in-san-diego-bay/509-432a5a31-b4f8-4080-ba06-5d863e63ee8c

Ha ha ha, had to share that!!  Also love the interview where the lady says there are a thousand boats on the water, and the guy riding by on a bike is like "um no, it's like maybe 100". 

Edited by princess
Fix quote
  • Like 1

This must be an organized thing because there was one in Detroit too and here is a lengthy article with a whole list of events to celebrate his birthday. Gross. I don’t remember this kind of stuff for other presidents. It’s like some kind of pageantry to appease Dear Leader’s ego. 

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/politics/fl-ne-flag-day-trump-rally-list-20200611-jj34ygbbe5bufgbeavrnrdzuva-story.html%3foutputType=amp

• Like 2

I love that we're all so jaded that no one commented on Kanye's Presidential run. He apparently has now "dropped out" :P

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Hoyaheel said:

I love that we're all so jaded that no one commented on Kanye's Presidential run. He apparently has now "dropped out" :P

Or as pointed out, he lasted exactly one Scaramucci. 

• Haha 1

Trump's lawyers say court wrongly sided with Manhattan DA over financial records

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/31/politics/trump-vance-tax-records/index.html

House warns Trump may ‘run out the clock’ on tax return subpoena if appeals court doesn't quickly decide case

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-warns-trump-may-run-out-the-clock-on-tax-return-subpoena-if-appeals-court-doesnt-quickly-decide-case

Do we think his tax returns will finally be released before the election so all the world will know how much he has profited by being President and refusing to put his business into a blind trust during his presidency!?!? 

• Like 1

I keep wanting to edit the title but I can't!

I'm not sure current tax records are impacted by the court case? So I don't know if it would show how he's profited from the presidency with his grifting ways and utter disregard for ethics and his entire administration's ignoring the Hatch Act.

BUT I would love to see the fraud from his valuations for insurance & loan purposes vs his valuation for tax purposes :angry3: ANNNNNNNNND all the paperwork from Deutsche Bank! In up to their eyeballs in this mess.......And the money laundering for the Russians.

Crap. I sound like a conspiracy theorist now.