11 replies to this topic

#1 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 09:05 AM

This is the hottest thing on Broadway.  No tickets available until November!!! 

#2 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 10:17 AM

I want to see so badly! In the meantime, I have the cd in my cart on Amazon - as soon as I figure out which cat food to get this month, I'll click to buy ;-)

(Broadway channel on SiriusXM has been playing some of the music - I love it!)

#3 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 08:06 AM

The cd is fantastic.  I have Amazon Prime and streamed the entire thing last week.

#4 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 05 February 2016 - 06:44 AM

The cd is fantastic.  I have Amazon Prime and streamed the entire thing last week.

Ooh - good call! I just figured I'd get the download when I buy the cd but I have Prime and am listening to it at work right now :-)

I'll still get the cd so I can put the music on my mp3, but until my next Amazon order......

#5 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 22 February 2016 - 10:54 AM

Great Grammy performance.  

#6 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 05:02 AM

Ah, the Tonys. All major acting awards went to people of color-  wow! Also, love this description of the after party that was in Page Six:

“It was like a massive bar mitzvah in colonial Williamsburg,” said a spy of the “Hamilton” party, 

http://pagesix.com/2...fter-tony-wins/

I think James Corden did a great job as host!

#7 MissuTam

MissuTam

Chatter Box

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 480 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

James Corden was great.  I have not watched his late late night show on CBS but I plan to.

And you still can't get a ticket to Hamilton!!!!!

Edited by MissuTam, 14 June 2016 - 09:23 AM.

#8 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:28 AM

I've given up on a ticket in NYC and assume I'll get a back row balcony when the touring show comes to NC ;-)

I didn't realize how close Lin-Manuel Miranda is to an EGOT - he's at EGT!!! And he's doing the music for a Disney movie now, so......O on the way!!

PS his appearance (his entire family!) on the Rachael Ray show last Friday was freaking adorable! It was on at the nail salon (I work from home some Fridays and when I do - I try to get in for a pedicure as soon as the salon opens up) 

#9 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

#Ham4All - my favorite - I've been following on twitter all day. Make a donation to the Immigrants We Get the Job Done nonprofit, entered for a chance to win tix in LA, sing your favorite Hamilton song & post.

Also, the Hamilton Mix Tape video for that song that came out yesterday is flipping awesome 

http://www.npr.org/e...et-the-job-done

#10 witchkitten

witchkitten

Chatter Box

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 01:25 PM

I saw Hamilton last weekend when in was in San Francisco. It lived up to the hype. It's definitely my favorite post 1980s musical. I can't stop listening to the soundtrack or singing the songs (very off key). My husband also loved it and he's not someone who usually loves musicals. 

#11 dixiedoodah

dixiedoodah

ChitChat FANatic!

• ChitChat Donator
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1139 posts

Posted Today, 10:46 AM

Im going next weekend. Taking my daughter to NY for her 14th birthday. We got our tickets almost a year ago so its been a long wait.

#12 Hoyaheel

Hoyaheel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11794 posts

Posted Today, 10:58 AM

Have a blast!!! So envious :-) Esp because I wasn't picked for Harry Potter & the Cursed Child tix either :-(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users