HoneyBunny

Movies You Have Walked Out On

I got this topic from EW's web site.

Name the films that so enraged/disgusted/bored/disappointed you that you got up and walked out of the theater to either:

*sneak into a different movie

*argue & try to get your money back

*just leave angrily, feeling completely cheated

Mine are: Aliens 3, Superman Returns, Pirates of The Carribean 3 and Eyes Wide Shut

It seems I really can't stand sequels & non-sexy sex films :P

There are other films but it was so long ago, I don't remember them.

What movies made you walk? :)

When Ghost first came out, my sister and I went to go see it with my grandma and my great uncle (who was a priest). We had to walk out during the clay scene because the old folks thought it was inappropriate :P

I also sneaked into see Wayne's World after watching ....geez, I can't remember the movie now.

I don't get to go to the movies anymore (maybe when I have less kids)

But I specifically remember walking out of Disorderlies when I was a teenager (the boys wanted to see it)

And the Jim Belushi biopic Wired (?) that was also the last date with the guy I went to see it with, because he thought I was rude. (He stayed)

Edited by branchop

The Lady In The Water...fell asleep on it, then left when the kid was talking to Cereal Boxes.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry...left to watch The Simpsons, which also sucked.

Almost walked out of The Phantom Menace, but stuck around.

The Lady In The Water...fell asleep on it, then left when the kid was talking to Cereal Boxes.

I Now Pronounce You Chuck And Larry...left to watch The Simpsons, which also sucked.

I almost posted a separate list for films I have fallen asleep on. I definitely remember sleeping on Phantom Menace too! that movie really sucked!!! :angry:

I almost posted a separate list for films I have fallen asleep on. I definitely remember sleeping on Phantom Menace too! that movie really sucked!!! :angry:

Agreed...I recently nodded off on The Bank Job with Jason Statham. I think I was really tired and Jason Statham didn't kick some ass until late in the flick....I still like the dude.

Walked out of: Robocop II (it was way too violent for me)

I really don't see movies in theaters anymore, but I turned off or was really pissed about wasting the time on the following: "Eyes Wide Shut," "Starship Troopers," "Magnolia," "Crash," "Chicago," and that movie Zach Braff made after "Garden State" (the title escapes me). "Magnolia" was mildly interesting in places, if derivative. The others just sucked indescribably; I don't know how "Crash" or "Chicago" won awards, they were so crassly mediocre. -_-

Walked out of: Robocop II (it was way too violent for me)

Slightly OT: I was watching Saturday Night Live the first time I saw an ad for Robocop (the first one). I was certain it was a skit - one of those fake commericals. I never saw any of the Robocops cause I felt they had to be stupid if I thought the commercial was fake.

Matchstick men

Wow what a fun thread! I liked Matchstick Men :) .......... I walked out on The Golden Compass, I'm Not There (the Bob Dyan movie), Fell asleep on Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter 2, Death to Smoochy,

There has been many but I cant remember them all.

The Horse Whisperer! Too many hours of schlock to sit through. and I note that Scar Jo's acting has not improved.

This topic should have a corrollary - horrible movies shown on long haul flights that could not be escaped. I've removed headphones and turned off the screen for: The Black Dahlia (thanking Scar Jo again), Agent Cody Banks (this was shown on an outbound and return cross country flight in first class!!! with no other options) and What a Girl Wants.

This topic should have a corrollary - horrible movies shown on long haul flights that could not be escaped. I've removed headphones and turned off the screen for: The Black Dahlia (thanking Scar Jo again), Agent Cody Banks (this was shown on an outbound and return cross country flight in first class!!! with no other options) and What a Girl Wants.

That damn Mariah Carey movie...... -_-

Matchstick men

Wow what a fun thread! I liked Matchstick Men :) .......... I walked out on The Golden Compass, I'm Not There (the Bob Dyan movie), Fell asleep on Chronicles of Narnia, Harry Potter 2, Death to Smoochy,

There has been many but I cant remember them all.

:unsure: Holy Cow! I walked out on I'm Not There also. I promptly tried to deny that I wasted even 15 minutes on that pretentious load of s*%# That was the last movie I actually paid money to go see and walked out on. I was ever so very pissed! (As Lisa Simpson's tap teacher would say...)

:lol: Yes!!!!! I wanted to jump out of the plane when a flight showed For The Boys (?), that HORRIBLE movie starring Bette Midler & Nathan Lane. AAaahghhhhh!!!!!!! I didn't have the ear phones but even the sight of the screen made me sick.

:blink: I have to add that a long time ago I was on an extended Greyhound bus trip and the driver showed SPEED, the action flick about people being trapped on an exploding bus. I was very tense during the whole ride. What the F*#@*&! :rolleyes:

I had the misfortune of paying to see "Autumn in New York". I didn't walk out, but I am still scarred from the boredom I endured.

I didn't walk out on this one but had I been on my own and not with Mrs Chuz, I would have: The Accidental Husband. Mrs Chuz duped me into seeing it (I hadn't heard of it and had not seen any reviews and it was on at the local flea pit) and it was unutterably awful. Not only that, but it was so badly done that I swear I saw the boom mike (I think that is the technical term) about six times.

ETA - I just noticed that one thread on the IMDB discussion board for this movie is entitled "WTF - the microphone was at the top of every shot!!!"

On a related note, Lust, Caution was ruined for me because of the fact that they used a London taxi of a type that you can still see on the streets in the present day in one shot that was supposed to be wartime Hong Kong. What were they thinking?

Edited by chuzhuchichezhan

^^True Dat....I had read the book...so I was already pissed off by the time they started the opening credits...LOL!

I walked out on Speed Racer after about 20 minutes. It's a godawful piece of shit movie that never should have seen a theater screen.

This is the kind of thing that straight-to-DVD is supposed to protect us from.

Edited by hedda_louella

I rarely walk out on a movie in the cinema. The last one was The English Patient. Maybe if it hadn't been so hyped as a Great Film, I wouldn't have been so pissed off at how much it sucked. And then it went on to win Best Picture, which sort of figured.

I walk away from/turn off rented movies all the time, though ... too many to list.

I recently walked out (w/ 5 year old son) on Spiderwick Chronicles. The movie was disturbing and will never be a classic. I should have walked out on Perfume a couple years ago, but my sister and I had too much fun laughing at the audacity of it.

I did rent that movie w/ Sarah jessica Parker getting Matther Mchaunaghey (sp.) out of his parents house, I asked for my money back. They have a service where they will refund up to 5 rental fees a year for bad movies. I had never used the refund until that movie, and haven't since.

I work at an indy cinema and we usually have people walk out if there is too much sex in a film, but we do live in the sticks, and have a lot of older movie goers.

Untraceable <_<

granted I only had to walk from the family room to the patio, but still :angry: Horrid movie! Apparently FBI agents are some of the dumbest/stupidest/moronic people in the world....and women are even dumber in the scriptwriters mind :angry:

*rocks back and forth*

Please don't let me walk out of Indiana Jones...don't let me walk out of Indiana Jones! No how bad I am hearing that it is! :blink:

I rarely walk out on a movie in the cinema. The last one was The English Patient. Maybe if it hadn't been so hyped as a Great Film, I wouldn't have been so pissed off at how much it sucked. And then it went on to win Best Picture, which sort of figured.

I walk away from/turn off rented movies all the time, though ... too many to list.

Oh, I loved The English Patient, but I am admittedly a bit of a Ralph Fiennes fanatic. I don't even care that he boffed a Quantas flight attendant in an airplane lavatory, he is still on my freebie list. First got my crazy crush when he did Shindler's List. Those eyes! Sigh.