princess

Joan and Melissa Rivers

Rivers Blasts Moaning Stars

Comedienne JOAN RIVERS has hit out at celebrities who complain about their fame - insisting they chose to be famous.

The actress is amazed performers live in Hollywood and moan about being followed by the paparazzi, because they can live anywhere they want.

She says, "I'm so sick of people who say, 'The paparazzi, I get no privacy.' Go buy an island. Or shut the doors on your $25 million mansion and have a great time."

Source: contactmusic

Comedienne JOAN RIVERS has hit out at celebrities who complain about their fame - insisting they chose to be famous.

The actress is amazed performers live in Hollywood and moan about being followed by the paparazzi, because they can live anywhere they want.

She says, "I'm so sick of people who say, 'The paparazzi, I get no privacy.' Go buy an island. Or shut the doors on your $25 million mansion and have a great time."

She has a point.

She has a point.

She has a great point!

CLAWS BARED

DON'T invite Joan Rivers and Barbara Corcoran to share a dressing room ever again. When the ageless funny lady arrived at her dressing room at the "Today" show yesterday morning, Rivers found it was occupied by the real-estate queen, who was just going over some notes before her turn on air. But Joan and her entourage wouldn't go into the room until Barbara, who was alone, left. "I would lie down and be a carpet for you," exuded Barbara as she left. "What color?" Joan shot back.

[From The New York Daily News]

via Celebitchy.com

Joan Rivers is many things: Funny lady. Jewelry mogul. Red carpet mercenary. But a terrorist? Can we talk?

Rivers, 76, was deemed a danger to national security and booted from a Newark-bound flight in Costa Rica on Sunday by a jittery Continental Airlines gate agent who found the two names on her passport fishy.

Her passport reads: Joan Rosenberg AKA Joan Rivers. Rosenberg was her late husband’s last name.

The “nasty and cruel” Continental gate agent bumped Rivers from the last flight out Sunday and the comedian found herself alone (her daughter, Melissa, flew out to Los Angeles earlier in the day) and with no ATM card and just $100 cash, she said.

Rivers’ tale of woe put a famous face on travel’s new reality - one that leaves many feeling like common criminals.

“If I were going to make up an alias, I wouldn’t pick Rosenberg. I’d pick Jolie or Pitt,” said Rivers, back home Monday in New York with her sense of humor intact. “Do terrorists wear Manolo Blahniks? I can tell you Donna Karan does not make anything that hides a bomb,” she said.

“I tried the tears; they didn’t work. I tried reasoning. I couldn’t bribe because I didn’t have any money,” she said. “I said ‘I’m going to have a heart attack over this,’ so the woman called the paramedics.”

She said a porter, Eldon Ramos, took pity and found a friend to drive her 6-1/2 hours to the main airport in Costa Rica’s capital of San Jose for a flight leaving Monday morning.

New York-area travelers were also reporting their own horror stories. “It was just one security checkpoint after the other,” said Carmella Rodriguez, 65, of Brooklyn, after barely making it through customs at Newark with her nephew after arriving from Panama. “I told my nephew I felt like I was a delinquent person.”

Eonline.com

Continental Airlines may have forgotten who it's dealing with.

Joan Rivers tells me that she's turned down the airline's initial offer to make up for her recent Costa Rican airport fiasco...

The legendary comedian made international headlines earlier this week when she was bumped from a Costa Rica to Newark, N.J., flight because personnel apparently had a problem with her passport reading Joan Rosenberg, AKA Joan Rivers. Rosenberg was the last name of her late husband, Edgar.

After her seat was given away, 76-year-old Rivers had to take a six-and-a-half-hour drive to another airport for a flight back to the U.S.

She says Continental has offered to pay her the difference in cost between a first-class and a coach ticket.

"I said, 'I don't think that's where we should be,' " Rivers said. "I think we have to rethink this.' "

Rivers wants more!

"I want the entire roundtrip [reimbursed] because they ruined the whole trip for me," she said. "Absolutely reimbursed—and with some miles."

Let's hope she has better luck in the coming days when she flies to the West Coast. She'll be in Hollywood for her return to E! as host of this awards season's Fashion Police specials, starting with the Golden Globes on Jan. 18.

"It's such a good idea to do because the people aren't there, so you're not embarrassing or hurting this one or that one," Rivers said. "What you can say to their face and say behind their back are two very different things."

I'm so glad she'll be doing fashion talk again for E! :)

Saw her last weekend, she was great!! Very funny - talks SUPER fast so you're laughing and trying to listen to her at the same time. Would see her again. We left the theater and walking towards our car when we saw her limo and about 20 people hanging out by the back door. My sister and I hung out for a bit and got to see her exit. She is tiny, prob not even 5 feet tall, you can tell she's had work done but it looks like GOOD work when you see her in person. :shocked: She was very cute with the fans after, posed with a few people, when someone missed their shot she waited for them to take it again but she was in the car within 5 mins. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now :D

Saw her last weekend, she was great!! Very funny - talks SUPER fast so you're laughing and trying to listen to her at the same time. Would see her again. We left the theater and walking towards our car when we saw her limo and about 20 people hanging out by the back door. My sister and I hung out for a bit and got to see her exit. She is tiny, prob not even 5 feet tall, you can tell she's had work done but it looks like GOOD work when you see her in person. :shocked: She was very cute with the fans after, posed with a few people, when someone missed their shot she waited for them to take it again but she was in the car within 5 mins. If I wasn't a fan before, I am now :D

Awesome! I've always loved her - seeing her live would be such fun! We have free Showtime now (no clue why) so I've set the dvr to record the documentary about her - A Piece of Work!

As a celeb watcher, I find just as much fun watching the fans around them. The show we went to was downtown gaslamp district, hot spot in San Diego but not usually many celebs (unless it's Comic Con time :D). The people walking by who heard it was Joan Rivers were one of the top rudest I've heard - of course she puts the plastic surgery out there for everyone to know, but still some of the comments were harsh. As a walk by is doing exactly that, Joan came out the door. The person stopped in the middle of the sentence stopped, did a double take, then turned to their friend and said 'I take it back." :D

The rudest walk by people I've ever heard in my life was for Tori Spelling book signing in downtown La Jolla. Seriously rude people, and ashamed to say how many of them were locals who had horrible plastic surgery themselves. <_<

Posted Image

IT'S A SIGN

Let them eat cake! Fashion Police host Joan Rivers extends a friendly gesture – and decadent chocolate cake! – to new neighbor (and newly single) Orlando Bloom Tuesday afternoon in New York City.

thehothits.com

Joan Rivers is one of the most outrageous comedians around, and when she heard that newly single Orlando Bloom had moved to her New York neighbourhood she decided to welcome him in style.

Joan baked (bought?) a cake for Orlando and then roamed the streets with a handwritten welcome sign.

The paparazzi were in the area waiting for Orlando, and they were more than happy to take some photos of Joan. Plus she documented the whole thing on Twitter.

It’s a total fangirl move, and we love it.

Top 6 Most Controversial On Set Hook Ups

Sadly Orlando wasn’t at home so she gave the cake to the paparazzi.

Posted Image

Tweet Joan sent out:

Joan Rivers

Orlando wasn't home so I gave the cake to the paparazzi. Best line I heard: "If you can't trust a cake from Joan Rivers, who can you trust?"

11:42 AM - 29 Oct 2013

Posted Image

Hope she recovers well!

(one report said she was having throat surgery, and another said she was in an endoscopy clinic, so....)

US Magazine:

UPDATE: E! News correspondent Ken Baker tweeted that Rivers is now stable. "Our own lovely living legend Joan Rivers is in stable condition at Mt Sinai hospital," he wrote just after 12:30 p.m. ET.

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/joan-rivers-hospitalized-after-complications-during-surgery-report-2014288#ixzz3BiLCnQEV
Follow us: @usweekly on Twitter | usweekly on Facebook

Watching Fashion Police from Tuesday night and Joan's voice is very rough. Totally imagine she had some nodes or whatnot on her vocal cords and that is why she was in the endoscopy clinic? Hope she's improving now!!!!

I love Joan. We saw her stand-up show the year before last - very very glad to have had that chance!

I saw her in San Diego, she was awesome. After the show on her way to her car she stopped and took pictures and signed autographs until everyone was happy before getting into her car. Very classy lady (when she isn't doing standup :D) .

This situation may not have a good outcome. She was put in an induced coma due to swelling in the brain. Hopefully, her brain wasn't without oxygen too long, otherwise....

For some reason I feel really bad about this. I am not a fan of her humor, or much of anything about her, so I won't suddenly pretend to be a fan now. But, she has been around all my life. I feel as if I know her, and this is so sudden. I mostly feel great sadness for her daughter. I think that they are very close like my mother and I were, and losing her mom is going to be extremely hard for Melissa. She is about to go through one of the worst experiences of her life maybe tied with her fathers suicide. At least she has her own son to give her some comfort. No matter how old you are when your parents die, you feel like an orphan and very alone in the world. I will pray for them both tonight. It is all I have to offer. :bawl:

• Like 2

Wow - I didn't know her father committed suicide. I too feel for Melissa. She must be a wreck.

However, at least it was sudden and not after a long illness. From what I've heard of Joan in recent days, she wouldn't have wanted that. Small comfort, I know.

Wow - I didn't know her father committed suicide. I too feel for Melissa. She must be a wreck.

However, at least it was sudden and not after a long illness. From what I've heard of Joan in recent days, she wouldn't have wanted that. Small comfort, I know.

Yes her father/Joan's husband Edgar Rosenberg was fired from her brief talk show (Producer? Director?) , but there must have been more than that. He went to a hotel and killed himself. Melissa blamed her mom and they didn't speak for about a year. Joan was devastated, too. They eventually forgave one another.

I'm a huge Joan fan. This is absolutely devastating. I can't imagine a world without Fashion Police. I mean, for an hour every week, I get to watch a show completely devoted to my two favorite things: fashion and celebrities. And I love her humor, and the fact that she never apologizes for it. Poor Melissa. I can't imagine what she's going through right now. I'm just praying for a miracle right now. {Joan Ranger salute} :(

• Like 1

Yes her father/Joan's husband Edgar Rosenberg was fired from her brief talk show (Producer? Director?) , but there must have been more than that. He went to a hotel and killed himself. Melissa blamed her mom and they didn't speak for about a year. Joan was devastated, too. They eventually forgave one another.

I think he had a history of Depression too. They've talked around it on their reality show (Joan Knows Best). I seem to recall there were some other financial setbacks other than just the show - he made some bad investments or something?