Sign in to follow this  
princess

FAQ: Avatars - old version of board

I tried right clicking on my mouse...copy and pasting it to my desktop and then letting chitchat convert it to an avatar. I'm sure someone's got a better idea for the picture to come out better.

Edited by BobbyD

Thanks to both of you. So I saved it to my desktop and uploaded it through chitchat. It's a little squashed, but it will work for now until I can find out a better way.

Thanks again!

Thanks to both of you. So I saved it to my desktop and uploaded it through chitchat. It's a little squashed, but it will work for now until I can find out a better way.

Thanks again!

try this:

Posted Image

Thanks again!

try this:

Posted Image

That's better...

Thanks again!

try this:

Posted Image

Thank you! I uploaded yours to my desktop and then to my profile. It doesn't look quite like yours but he's still stunning. :wub:

Thank you! I uploaded yours to my desktop and then to my profile. It doesn't look quite like yours but he's still stunning. :wub:

for the avatar settings, set the width to 74 and the height to 100 and that'll unstretch it

for the avatar settings, set the width to 74 and the height to 100 and that'll unstretch it

Thanks. I found it already is at that setting. On my computer it looks just like the one in BobbyD's message. But if I use it as an avatar, it's still stretched. :huh:

Save the pic I posted to your computer. Go to the your avatar settings and select it where it says "Upload a new image from your computer", but befoe you hit "update avatar" specify 74 x 100 for width x height. Then do "update avatar".

I think you have to specify the width and height when you update your avatar or else the system will assume that whatever your new one is is 100 x 100, and will stretch it to that if it has to.