branchop

George Clooney

Clooney and Canalis split

June 22, 2011, 12:07 PM EST

WENN

George Clooney is single again after splitting with longtime girlfriend Elisabetta Canalis.

The "Ocean's Eleven" star and his girlfriend released a joint statement to People.com on Wednesday, confirming the sad news.

It reads, "We are not together anymore. It's very difficult and very personal, and we hope everyone can respect our privacy."

The split comes just days after TV presenter and model Canalis gave a heart-warming interview to Italian magazine Chi, in which she said, "I am very happy at the moment... We are a couple that never gets bored."

She also hinted that she was hoping to one day become Mrs. Clooney, adding, "I am a firm believer in marriage, in the future I will be married."

I looked and looked and could not find a thread for him. He is mentioned in a helluva lot of BVs though :D

The above news is a shocker to us all - I know :rolleyes:

This is an easy out for George and he is clean shaven again. This all seems like it was set up. Everyone knows George won't tolerate the thought of marriage again. How convenient that they released a joint statement to People, a publicists dream publication. I personally think George wants to come out. Soon.

Ted says in his column today - it's always right before the summer at Como - when he breaks up with the flavor of the month/year. So he can hang out with his "friends" and just have fun......

Seeing this all over the place, yet not a word of confirmation from his camp nor hers as far as I know. I won't believe it until he or his pr people confirm.

Just saw it confirmed by HER LAW firm ;-)

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/28/...agement-2014284

Her law firm confirmed it today.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/28/...N0DE16820140428

The couple have said nothing and Clooney's representative declined to comment on the actor's personal life, but on Monday Alamuddin's law firm released a statement.

"The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married," the firm said.

Her law firm confirmed it today.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/04/28/...N0DE16820140428

The couple have said nothing and Clooney's representative declined to comment on the actor's personal life, but on Monday Alamuddin's law firm released a statement.

"The barristers and staff of Doughty Street Chambers offer their best wishes and congratulations to Ms Amal Alamuddin, a member of Chambers, and Mr George Clooney on their engagement to be married," the firm said.

Is it just me or isnt there something kind of really strange about the fact that an employer is commenting publicly on an employee's engagement. I mean, wouldn't that be something for the Happy (coughcough) couple to announce?

Free publicity for the firm maybe? (I know, color me a skeptic)

• Like 1

1411741956_george-clooney-amal-alamuddin

George Clooney, Amal Alamuddin Make Glamorous Arrival in Venice With Cindy Crawford, Rande Gerber: Wedding Weekend Pictures
CELEBRITY NEWSSEP. 26, 2014 AT 12:05PM BY ESTHER LEE

people.com

Andiamo! George Clooney and his fiancee Amal Alamuddin took a glamorous boat ride down the Grand Canal in Venice, Italy, on Friday, Sept. 26. Joining the soon-to-be-married couple were Clooney's Casamigos business partner and close pal Rande Gerber and his supermodel wife Cindy Crawford.

An observer tells Us Weekly that the quartet came into Venice on a river bus from Lake Como, where Clooney famously owns an estate. The group took their boat down the famed water passage of the Floating City, past the picturesque Rialto Bridge, which was "packed" with tourists and onlookers.

"They didn't shy away," the eyewitness says of Clooney's crew. Instead, the stars stood on the open deck, waving and smiling at the fans who called their names. Alamuddin looked statuesque in a black and white striped Dolce & Gabbana dress, while Clooney wore a grey suit. "They seemed really happy," the observer tells Us of the pair.

30f278e4f19f58c9bcb3c2d78561cba8be3de0e6

The group then set off for the Cipriani Hotel, the luxurious five-star, 19th-Century venue that is hosting the couple's reception and housing Alamuddin's family for the weekend. A source at the hotel told Us: "Her mom [baria] is at the hotel already with a host of family members… They seem excited about the festivities. I heard her mom say, 'I can't believe it's actually here!'" Find out more about the gorgeous wedding venue.

The couple will kick off their wedding weekend on Friday evening, beginning with a rehearsal dinner at The Cipriani. Guests will then be transferred by boat onto the seven-star Aman Canal Grande for the ceremony. As confirmed by Us, Clooney's pal and the former mayor of Rome, Walter Veltroni, will preside over the wedding.

Once married, the newlyweds and their guests will enjoy a five-course meal by Italian chef Riccardo de Pra. A total of 400 security officers and police personnel will be working on the A-lister's wedding.? "George and Amal have their own team of 10 bodyguards," the insider tells Us.

Their wedding will be followed up with a civil ceremony on Monday, Sept. 29, at the Palazzo Ca' Farsetti.

"Everyone is very excited. It's going to be quite the party," one source told Us. "There is a lot of celebrating planned. They will be serving the [Casamigos] tequila at a couple of the parties!"

There was a lot of BIs that implied Rande Gerber & Cindy Crawford are/were swingers with George Clooney & his whoever-girlfriend-of-the-moment. I know George's future wife is suppose to be a long-time friend of his before they got together, so she must hear the rumors. Anyone have any input on this wedding??

Off the market..... At least we share an anniversary! He's 17 years behind me

http://www.people.com/article/george-clooney-amal-alamuddin-married-venice-italy

Happy anniversary!!

(Amal is gorgeous and they look good together. I do hope they're happy. Considering his history, I think he'd have to have a really good reason to actually get married. I'm hoping it's because he loves her and she's worth it, and not just because he wants a political future....)

• Like 1

First pictures of George and Amal’s actual wedding.

Mamamia Celebrity

Tuesday 30 September 2014 2:34pm

This is it, guys.

FINALLY.

We have photos of the outfit worn by Amal Alamuddin in her wedding ceremony to George Clooney.

Until now we’ve only seen photos of all the other spectacular designer outfits worn by Amal during the four-day wedding celebrations.

But this is the actual wedding dress.

THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

Here we go…

hello-george-and-amal-cover-z-380x517.jp

george-clooney-01-435.jpg

Ok, everyone. Breathe out.

Amal and George got married on September 27th and pretty much put Venice on pause for four days. There were celebrities, there were boat rides, there were screaming Venetian fans. But most of all, there was the beautiful couple.

We are a little bit in love with Amal. And so is George. Huge congratulations to the smokin’ newlyweds.

Read more at http://www.mamamia.com.au/entertainment/george-clooney-amal-alamuddin-wedding-photos/#R3UYBu2MU0vGj2kH.99

That Stella McCartney outfit she wore to the civil ceremony is FANTASTIC.

I am surprised that so many pictures are out -- I had heard that Vogue had the exclusive and Anne Wintour was at the wedding.

I agree with the exotic Anne Hathaway comparison.

People/Hello must have made a HUGE donation to a charity of their choice. Vogue can't match on money, just prestige, so they'll have a little component of it that will be different, I'm sure.

I liked the flapper dress she wore after the ceremony - someone posted a photo of that yesterday. Didn't love the wedding dress, did like the pantsuit (and HAT!) for the civil ceremony. That's fame for you - can wear a white outfit in public. Me- never! But if you have a team of stylists available to fix dirt smudges or coffee spills? Go for it! :-)

George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin Are Trying for a Baby
US Magazine
1436910940_amal-george-467.jpg
George Clooney and wife Amal Alamuddin are trying for a baby, a source tells Us Weekly.Credit: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images

Man with a family plan! Fatherhood “hasn’t been high on my list,” George Clooney said in May. But nearly 10 months after walking down the aisle with Amal Alamuddin in Italy, the actor, 54, is now ready to make children a priority.

“They decided that it would be the right time,” a source reveals in the new issue of Us Weekly. “Amal isn’t taking on extra work at the moment and just continuing with the cases she has.”

In fact, an insider says the human rights lawyer, 37, hopes to welcome a little one in London next year — right on schedule for the completion of the pair’s renovated $15 million English countryside home. “The building plans include a nursery,” says another insider of the 9,000 square-foot 17th century mansion, which also boasts nine bedrooms and eight bathrooms. “They hope to have all the work done by Christmas.”

And the two aren’t leaving their family’s future to chance. “They recently visited a fertility center,” adds a third source. “This is something they really want."

That new desire is partially thanks to the couple’s friends. The 54-year-old Gravity star “loves the relationships his friends have with their kids,” an insider adds. “George is ready for this step and he thinks that Amal will be a great mother.”

Read more: http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-moms/news/george-clooney-amal-alamuddin-ready-for-a-baby-2015157#ixzz3fymVN4NI

:blink:

I'm telling you - he has politics in mind for his future!!!! No other reason for him to decide he wants a kid at this stage in life - all his previous women have known that. I don't think *she* changed him - I think his goals have changed and that's why he married and now (maybe) wants kids....

• Like 2

Not even going to bother putting in BI forum :D

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 01/18 **#8**
One of the reasons divorce is in the very near future for this A+ list mostly movie actor is that the guy with all the friends does not ever see them anymore. His wife demands all of his time when they are together and will only go out with friends she brought to the marriage. Premieres and award shows are the only time he is allowed to interact with industry people.

I don't think he wants to run for political office but I do believe he wants to become more involved, in some way, with political issues and hang out with political movers & shakers. He wants to be taken seriously and thinks that being married to a human rights lawyer will allow him to move in those circles without being laughed at, and she can brief him on important issues of the day. I think she wants kids so that was one of her demands when they were negotiating the contract... er... discussing their wildly-romantic marriage.