Sign in to follow this  
Hihomumio

Matthew Broderick & Sarah Jessica Parker

Oh. Well, then, scratch the " her fashion line is still in business" part. Still... Even if it didn't last for long, I won't or can't disrespect the girl for trying to capitalize on the success she enjoyed as fashion-crazy Carrie Bradshaw.

And, I saw her on the TV show "Who do you think you are?" and was ready to hate her but she actually seemed fairly pleasant. Much less annoying than i'd been expecting.

and I guess the point of fashion, especially high fashion, isn't always to look "pretty", but sometimes to make a statement/shock/get press/take risks, so in that respect (I would fail, lol) she may succeed.

I never really had any terrible feelings toward her, and remember watching her on Square Pegs . . . (back when I was just a baby, of course ;) )

LOL at ending up with neither. And yeah, in the full picture, the arms still look pretty scrawny and veiny.

At first, women just stopped eating and became rail-thin (to fit in those sample sized 0's). But you can't maintain that thinness, even if you eat very little. Your body goes into starvation mode. In order to eat anything, you must put on muscle to burn the fat. That's why we now see women who are very muscular. It's easy for them to maintain once they've done it, and then they can eat a little. The problem is that they get too muscular, but can't stop because they're afraid that if they do, they'll gain weight. Therein lies the problem - society's fixation on thin. You know that these women get tagged as "fat" if they are a normal weight, and that's a "bad" thing according to the naysayers. So they don't have a choice but to do everything they can to remain thin. I just wish they'd cover up those arms! Michelle Obama's arms are beautiful. These, not so much.

LOL at ending up with neither. And yeah, in the full picture, the arms still look pretty scrawny and veiny.

At first, women just stopped eating and became rail-thin (to fit in those sample sized 0's). But you can't maintain that thinness, even if you eat very little. Your body goes into starvation mode. In order to eat anything, you must put on muscle to burn the fat. That's why we now see women who are very muscular. It's easy for them to maintain once they've done it, and then they can eat a little. The problem is that they get too muscular, but can't stop because they're afraid that if they do, they'll gain weight. Therein lies the problem - society's fixation on thin. You know that these women get tagged as "fat" if they are a normal weight, and that's a "bad" thing according to the naysayers. So they don't have a choice but to do everything they can to remain thin. I just wish they'd cover up those arms! Michelle Obama's arms are beautiful. These, not so much.

That's for sure.

Kim Cattrall accuses Sarah Jessica Parker of 'exploiting' her brother's death

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/tv/2018/02/10/kim-cattrall-accuses-sarah-jessica-parkers-exploiting-brothers/

Sarah Jessica Parker (left) has been branded 'cruel' by her co-star Kim Cattrall

Sarah Jessica Parker (left) has been branded 'cruel' by her co-star Kim Cattrall Credit: AFP/Getty

Sex and the City star Kim Cattrall has branded her former co-star Sarah Jessica Parker "cruel" and accused her of "exploiting" a family tragedy, after Parker expressed her condolences for the death of Cattrall's brother.

Cattrall, 61, announced in an Instagram post on Sunday that her 55-year-old brother Chris had passed away. Both Parker and her fellow Sex and the City actress Cynthia Nixon left comments below the post expressing their regret.

Parker, 52, wrote: "Dearest Kim, my love and condolences to you and yours and Godspeed to your beloved brother. Xx"

Today Cattrall responded to Parker's message with another social media post. "I don't need your love or support at this tragic time @sarahjessicaparker".

It is the latest riposte in an ongoing feud between the two actresses. Last week, Parker, 52, said she was "heartbroken" by Cattrall's claim that the pair had "never been friends". Cattrall has previously described their relationship as "toxic".

Cattrall today wrote on Instagram: "My Mom asked me today 'When will that @sarahjessicaparker, that hypocrite, leave you alone?'"

Addresssing Parker, she added: "Your continuous reaching out is a painful reminder of how cruel you really were then and now. Let me make this VERY clear. (If I havent already) You are not my family. You are not my friend. So Im writing to tell you one last time to stop exploiting our tragedy in order to restore your nice girl persona."

Parker had previously defended her decision to contact her former co-star in an interview with Entertainment Tonight. If somebody in your life, whether youre in touch with them or not, [is] suffering for any reason, its involuntary that you want to convey condolences or sadness or just let someone know youre thinking about them," Parker said on Thursday.

In her latest Instagram post, Cattrall included a link to a New York Post article which claimed she had been "isolated" by her co-stars, and particularly by Parker, while filming the hit HBO series, which ran from 1998 to 2004.

• Like 1

Sarah Jessica Parker Haunts Terrified Owners of Carrie's Brownstone

https://gawker.com/sarah-jessica-parker-haunts-terrified-owners-of-carries-1648812624

The residents of 66 Perry Street were visited by an unwelcome spirit on the night of October 7th: the cold form of Sarah Jessica Parker, dropping her stilettos like breadcrumbs along the sidewalk and stairs of Carrie Bradshaw's old address.

Page Six reports that SJP staged an "unauthorized photoshoot" for her shoe line at the West Village home, patently ignoring the "Do NOT go on staircase please" sign chained across the entrance.