princess

Mariah Carey

Carey Fuming Over Illegal Downloads

MARIAH CAREY has blamed music industry bosses for failing to spot the internet download trend - accusing record labels of letting their artists down by allowing illegal file-sharing to become commonplace.

Carey is adamant label bosses should have realised the potential of the internet a long time before illicit song swapping became prevalent, and she's furious because the practise means many musicians lose out on precious royalty money.

The Hero hitmaker insists that although record labels are slowly beginning to grasp the potential of the internet, they will never be able to repair the damage done by illegal downloads, because many consumers now feel entitled to get their music for free.

She says, "Frickin' idiots! A lot of big, powerful music industry executives made a giant mistake and now we're all paying the price. They gave the music business away on the internet. If they had just sat back and said, 'Maybe let's figure this internet thing out, it could be something cool,' we could have found a way to distribute music online on our own terms, not somebody else's.

"Prince had already shown them the way. He was so far ahead of the curve, putting his records out on the web. Everyone else was stupid."

Source contactmusic

Diva alert! Mariah Carey demands to be surrounded by 20 white kittens and 100 white doves for event

Mariah Carey's odd demands didn't help lessen her diva reputation.

Talk about your demanding divas.

Mariah Carey has insisted she must be surrounded by 20 white kittens and 100 white doves at a Christmas lighting event in London, according to Britain's Daily Mail.

And that's not all.

For the promotional stunt, Carey apparently demanded confetti shaped like butterflies - her favorite insect - to shower over her at the end of her appearance at the Westfield complex in West London.

She also reportedly wanted an entourage of 15 along with 80 security guards. More, she is said to want to be driven to the event in a Rolls Royce on a pink carpet that would led to a pink podium, where she would wave a wand that turned on the holiday lights.

A source told the Mail that the model of car had to be changed six times before the singer was happy.

However, it seems her demands for white kittens and doves proved too much for her hosts.

"We did manage to source the doves that we were going to release into the sky, but the kittens proved terribly difficult," a source said. "In the end, it was made clear that due to health and safety, there was no way we could have the animals at Westfield. We do not allow pets into Westfield - that rule would apply for everyone."

Earlier this month, Miss Carey told of her passion for animals and how far she will go to keep them in the luxury that she is accustomed to.

She told Hello! Magazine she had hired extra minders and security for a recent commercial that she starred in with her dogs.

"I had my team with me but the pups had a mini-entourage of their own, of course!" Carey boasted. "And why wouldn't they? It was a big shoot and even my entourage had an entourage - my stylist had an assistant, my security had extra security.

"The shoot was based on the fact that some people think I'm a demanding diva," she said. "I have no idea why people have that impression!"

source: http://www.nydailynews.com

Carey Missed Beloved Dog's Labor

Jet-setting star Mariah Carey flew her personal vet from Los Angeles to New York to help her dog deliver puppies - but the singer missed the birth because she was in London.

The 40-year-old jetted her own animal expert to the Big Apple earlier this month to help her beloved Jack Russell give birth, but the pooch waited until Carey was out of town before going into labor.

She was in London for a series of promotional events - and learned about the puppy delivery in between TV interviews.

She says, "My puppy just had a puppy. She's the most adorable Jack Russell terrier. We were worried because she was little, so she had to have a C-section and I missed the whole thing!

"I flew this vet, a lovely lady, all the way from L.A. to N.Y. and back and forth and the dog didn't have the puppies. I wanted to see the birth so, of course, when we got here (London) she had her babies."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0Xe9dJBHU

Mariah Carey picks up acting honor in Capri

Mariah Carey has been honored at an Italian film festival for her role in "Precious: Based On The Novel Push By Sapphire."

The singer/actress' make-up free appearance as a dowdy social worker in the Lee Daniels-directed movie landed her the Supporting Actress of the Year accolade at the 14th Annual Capri Hollywood International Film Festival on Monday.

And it's just the start for the star - Carey will be feted for her acting skills again next week when she picks up the Breakthrough Performance Award at the 21st Palm Springs International Film Festival.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Mariah Carey 'Going Back To Sony'

Singer Mariah Carey is reportedly going back to her old record label after her new album got mixed reviews.

Carey, 39, will allegedly release her next offering, Love Songs, with her old label Sony instead of Mercury after she was unimpressed with the reaction to her album Memoirs of an Imperfect Angel.

A source said to UK newspaper Daily Mirror: 'Tongues are wagging over whether Mariah will stay at Mercury.

'She had all her biggest hits at Sony including Hero, Dream Lover, Vision of Love. It was where all the magic began for her.'

Source monstersandcritics.com

Mariah Carey Goes Doggie Paddling

Mariah Carey goes swimming with her dogs. The 'Hero' singer decided to bond with her pets while exercising and admits she had a great time splashing around with the pampered pooches.

She tweeted: "Just took a swim w/all the puppies in the pool. Very adorable. (sic)"

Mariah - who is married to rapper-and-presenter Nick Cannon - has previously admitted she spoils her Jack Russell dogs Cha Cha and JJ and they even have their own entourage.

Speaking on the set of an advertisement she was shooting, she said: "My puppies are starring in this ad with me, too.

"I had my team with me but the pups had a mini-entourage of their own, of course! And why wouldn't they?

"It was a big shoot and even my entourage had an entourage - my stylist had an assistant, my security had extra security.

"The shoot was based on the fact that some people think I'm a demanding diva. I have no idea why people have that impression!"

Source femalefirst

Carey Receives 40Th Birthday Porsche From Cannon

MARIAH CAREY received an extra special 40th birthday present at the weekend (27Mar10) - her husband NICK CANNON bought her a custom-made pink Porsche to mark the milestone.

The Hero hitmaker turned the landmark age on Saturday (27Mar10) and she was delighted with her gifts from Cannon, who she married in 2008.

Taking to her Twitter.com blog to reveal the special surprise, she writes, "Thank u (sic) everyone for the anniversary wishes! Today is a 'smash hit wonder' I'm having SO much fun & you guys make everything even better... All the videos and messages I got for my anniversary were incredible. You never cease to amaze me and make me happy and grateful...

"Again, thank you so much to all who gave so much time & love... NC (Nick Cannon) shocked me with a custom PINK porsche!!! And a huge trampoline! Yes, pink."

Source contactmusic

Mariah Carey: Nick Cannon Has Good Prognosis After Surgery

.USMagazine, Friday, January 6, 2012, 2:12pm (PST)

Nick Cannon's not out of the woods just yet, but he certainly seems to be making progress after being admitted for kidney failure.

Mariah Carey tweeted Friday that her hubby "is in stable condition with a good prognosis."

"Hopefully he'll be discharged within two days," the 41-year-old singer and mom of 8-month-old twins Moroccan and Monroe added. "As always, he's laughing and in good spirits."

She also tweeted a photo of herself giving Cannon a kiss in a hospital room filled with "Get Well Soon" balloons and flowers.

Cannon wrote on the micro-blogging site that he "just left the operating table and [was] awake during the whole procedure! Ouch."

On Thursday, the 31-year-old "America's Got Talent" host was transported from an Aspen, Colo., hospital to one in Los Angeles. "Thank you for all your love, prayers and concern," he tweeted. "You know me. I will be a'ight."

Later in the evening, he tweeted a photo of himself getting a haircut with the caption, "Getting back to business."

Carey first confirmed that Cannon had been hospitalized on Wednesday, tweeting that he was being treated for "mild kidney failure."

She added that doctors tried -- and failed -- to remove her from her hubby's room. "I'm not trying to make light out of the situation because it's a serious moment that's very tough on all of us," she wrote. "So please keep us and our family in your prayers."

I ciuld take or leave Mariah, but I think he is adorable. My kids love him in Teen Nick and I think he does a great job on America's Got Talent. How in the world do you have "light kidney failure"? What would cause this?

How in the world do you have "light kidney failure"? What would cause this?

Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy - I know there is a Charlie Sheen joke in here somewhere :D