princess

Television 2017-2018

Here Are The Canceled And Renewed TV Shows For 2017-2018 It’s the best (and the worst) time of year.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/here-are-the-canceled-and-renewed-tv-shows-for-2017-2018_us_59145905e4b030d4f1f020b3?utm_campaign=hp_fb_pages&utm_source=women_fb&utm_medium=facebook&section=women&ncid=fcbklnkushpmg00000046

I'm excited about the Will & Grace Revival :P

The Goldbergs, Life in Pieces and The Big Bang Theory crack me up. :D

Glad to see How to Get Away with Murder renewed - I'm still watching

The Great Indoors - I hope they get renewed, I like this show. :jumping1:

Sleepy Hollow was canceled. Not the same after the leading lady was replaced.

Prison Break is listed as TBD :mellow: :drool:

iZombie I like too :alien_dance:

I am bummed Reign was canceled. :(

I'm so glad The Good Place was renewed (I think I already knew that but I'm not sure). It's the only network show I'm still watching. I haven't watched How to Get Away with Murder or Big Bang Theory since the midsession hiatus but I'm considering watching the episodes I missed to see if I can get back into them.

I cannot wait for Game of Thrones return in July. It's been one hell of a wait.

I was bummed about 2 Drunk Girls (but expecting it, and the "season"/series finale was satisfying enough). Totally expected Sleepy Hollow not to be renewed (I have the season recorded, haven't watched yet). Surprised SHIELD was renewed as the ratings haven't been great (I also have that recorded to watch this summer). Also surprised Blindspot was renewed - we're watching that. And bummed about the Real O'Neals. Surprised about American Housewife (I love the actors, but the plots haven't been great - it's getting better, I think, because they've stopped focusing SO MUCH on her weight as a plot point)

Timeless is uncancelled.

Timeless Is Saved! Time-Travel Series Joins Elite Club of Shows Renewed by the Network That Canceled It

The Time Team was clearly behind this move.

Hanh Nguyen

The fans spoke, and at least one network listened.

At first, it didnt seem like any of the new time-travel series were going to make it out of the 2016-2017 season alive. The CWs Frequency was dead, FOX made Making History history, ABCs Time After Time ran out of time, and NBCs Timeless also got the ax this past week.

READ MORE: Renewed or Canceled? Find Out the Fate of Your Favorite TV Show on the Bubble

But then, a broadcast miracle happened. On Saturday, NBC reversed course on history and decided to renew Timeless for a second season made up of 10 episodes that is expected to air in 2018.

Timeless joins the coveted ranks of other shows that have also been resurrected by the very same network that killed it, including Unforgettable (CBS), Designing Women (CBS), Family Guy (FOX), Jericho (CBS), Breaking In (FOX), and 24 (FOX). The more common way a show has come back these days is if another network or streaming service steps in (such as how The Killing moved to Netflix and Friday Night Lights went to DirecTV) or the current age of revivals that has brought back shows like Prison Break and Gilmore Girls much later, if in slightly different forms.

Timeless hasnt exactly been a ratings giant for NBC. The series premiered to 7.6 million viewers, but dropped steadily ever since. By the time of its Season 1 finale, the show had only averaged 4.6 million viewers over the course of its 16 episodes.

READ MORE: How Timeless Is Creating New World Each Week, From the Alamo to Sinatras Las Vegas

Clearly strong numbers wasnt the reason for bringing back Timeless. Did a butterfly get smushed? Did someone finally succeed in Hitler? Or perhaps James Franco found another time-traveling diner. Were not exactly sure, but The Hollywood Reporter cited a dedicated push from producers at Sony TV, even after the cancellation was announced. Kripke along with co-creator and co-showrunner Shawn Ryan are aiming to make Season 2 even more family-friendly, and the executives at Sony believe Timeless can become a long-running, family-friendly franchise. Sources stated the studio even offered a majority of profits to NBC in order to secure the renewal.

When NBC initially pulled the plug on Timeless on Wednesday, the outcry from fans was swift and loud. But no one was more upset than Ghostbusters star and Saturday Night Live cast member Leslie Jones, who made her feelings known on Twitter.

WTF?! WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO KEEP A GOOD SHOW ON TV?! @NBCTimeless was an excellent show!!! Yall making a huge mistake!!!

Leslie Jones (@Lesdoggg) May 11, 2017

Fortunately, a few days later, Timeless co-creator Eric Kripke was able to share the good news that it was coming back.

The #TimeTeam went back 3 days, and changed history. @nbc picked us up for 10 episodes. Seriously. Airs next summer. #TimelessRenewed pic.twitter.com/SDkeShlByL

Eric Kripke (@therealKripke) May 13, 2017

On Timeless, the Time Team, consisting of historian Lucy Preston (Abigail Spencer), Delta Force operative Wyatt Logan (Matt Lanter) and scientist Rufus Carlin (Malcolm Barrett) travel back in time to pursue a rogue NSA asset who steals a time machine with the intent to change American history. In addition to fixing his interference, they also deal with issues of race, gender and politics throughout the centuries.

Stay on top of the latest TV news! Sign up for our TV email newsletter here.

• Like 1

I had recorded Timeless but we hadn't watched - I decided to delete (needed dvr space prior to a vacation ;-) Ah well...

Yes, I'm working on my tv recording grid for the upcoming year ;-) Having so many shows that are off-season or mid-season or whatever- makes it hard! I'm almost glad I *can't* stream and don't have HBO or Showtime because I would NEVER get anything done ;-)

http://tvline.com/2017/05/14/fall-tv-schedule-2017-nbc-network-abc-primetime-cbs-shows/

We are about to start all the new shows. I'll be giving The Young Sheldon (or whatever the Big Bang Theory spinoff is called) a shot, as well as Gifted. I don't have a clue about what else may be of interest. Any suggestions??

We're recording YOung SHeldon as well as 9JKL, despite its horrible reviews. And Me, Myself &I - it's the CBS block on Monday night. Husband recording The ORville - I decided he can watch on his own, I didn't enjoy the reviews I've read. Also want to watch Seal Team (only because I will watch David Boreanaz in ANYTHING). The black-ish spinoff (grown-ish? On Freeform or whatever the channel is called now, that used to be ABC Family)

That might be all the new stuff I have now. Oh - the Ken Burns Vietnam documentary, of course. Haven't started watching yet - but know we will NOT be binge watching when we do start. Burns says not to!

• Like 1

I refuse to watch the Megyn Kelly Today show (I LOVE Tamron Hall and am so pissed she left because of the way Today execs handled things...) So I'm loving that the first reviews are....less than good ;-)

Liz Smith - tells it like it is ;-) http://www.newyorksocialdiary.com/guest-diary/2017/liz-smith-wait-for-it

While it is entirely possible Kelly will unbend, get out of her own forced way, and convincingly concoct a warm persona, she is and has always been, the last sort of person you want to spend time with in the morning.

She also really screwed up the Will & Grace cast interview - clueless much??!!

http://pagesix.com/2017/09/26/debra-messing-regrets-going-on-megyn-kelly-today/

Yeah, she says she's not doing politics anymore, but she's not warm & cuddly & pop-culture-conversant, the way you need to be as a morning tv anchor.....

Watched The Good Doctor last night (recorded - it aired Monday I think?) and I'm torn. I guess I haven't watched a medical drama in a few years - it felt very manipulative to me. But the reviews on tvline.com were pretty good. So maybe I've outgrown that genre? I think we might try one more episode and make a decision.....

Oh, and in that same Page Six article, apparently Megyn Kelly pissed off Jane Fonda in her interview too. Not off to a good start, eh? This ain't Faux News. NBC is not in the business of pissing off its guests....

Did anyone watch The Guest Book on tbs? Watching finale on DVR now. So funny - quirky, in the best way! Hope it's renewed!

Megyn Kelly wants Matt Lauer's job? Hell effing no. I'd have to stop watching the Today Show completely. I really do NOT like her on air personality.

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/30/megyn-kelly-may-be-eyeing-matt-lauers-today-show-gig/

I have never been able to watch Kelly. Not only because she comes from Faux News, but I can't get over the fact that she looks as though she has a stick up her ass that makes her look like the most condescending unempathetic person walking the face of the earth.

Having said that, I am sure she is a really nice person in RL. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Getting caught up on This is Us - I record it. Watching "That'll Be the Day" - oh my, Sterling K Brown & Justin Hartley rolling up their t-shirt sleeves and wielding sledgehammers? Yes, please.

Yeah, I love construction shows. (my husband and I bonded watching This Old House while we were dating - we played the theme song at our wedding ;-)

I like This is Us. But I still don't understand the crazy-love for it. Except Sterling K Brown. He can win all the awards - that's fine with me!

(I think I'm just not a huge drama fan -I prefer comedies and procedurals)

• Like 1

LOLOLOL HOYA I'M LAUGHING SO HARD

I read your above comment as "my husband and I boned watching This Old House while we were dating" and quite honestly I'll never think of you the same way again

HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 4