princess

Fashion Police

Honestly, I can't think of anything to say about Giuliana that isn't just mean. I do NOT understand how that woman made it in such a looks-based industry. For that reason alone I belive she has the room to be incredibly insecure and I totally buy that about her. Especially because I think her husband probably totally feeds into her insecurity.

Edited by dixiedoodah

TMZ

Kathy Griffin and Kelly Osbourne tried to derail the "Fashion Police" train by quitting the show ... but the network is keeping it and going full steam ahead ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with production tell TMZ ... E! execs have already met to discuss the future of the show and they plan to recast the open spots and possibly create a different show with the same concept.

We're told execs realized Kathy wasn't the star Joan Rivers was and are ready to find new replacements.

TMZ broke the story Kathy wanted final say on the additions, but it looks like Melissa Rivers now has the crown.

• Like 1

TMZ

but it looks like Melissa Rivers now has the crown.

Melissa Rivers has been the Exec Producer so she has ALWAYS had the crown. Perhaps if they hired someone with better ratings than Joan (who??!! Impossible!) it might change, but....

I still think they should shutter the show and everyone should move on. I think Guiliana should move WAY on. Like, out of Hollywood and off E!

Anyone familiar with Bianca Del Rio? She's the only one who could fill Joan's shoes and do as good a job, in my opinion. Don't think E! would go for it, though -- bummer.

Melissa Rivers Slams Kathy Griffin: She "S--t All Over My Mother's Legacy"

CELEBRITY NEWSMAY. 14, 2015 AT 9:50AM BY ALLISON TAKEDA

usmagazine.com

No love lost here. Melissa Rivers was not happy with the way Kathy Griffin left Fashion Police back in March. In an interview with the Today show's Hoda Kotb at the 92nd Street Y in New York City on Wednesday, May 13, the Book of Joan author, 47, confessed that Griffin's exit statement rubbed her the wrong way.

"It wasn't a match on a lot of levels," she began diplomatically, after jokingly asking whether anyone was filming her conversation with Kotb.

Rivers went on to say that she felt Griffin did a disservice to her late mother, the comedienne Joan Rivers, who died last September at age 81. The My Life on the D-List star replaced Joan on Fashion Police in December, but left just a few months later amid controversy over co-host Giuliana Rancic's remarks regarding Zendaya's Oscars dreadlocks.

"My biggest complaint was the feeling that she kind of s--t all over my mother's legacy in her statement on leaving," Melissa told Kotb. "And I know that that was not an intentional reading of it, but that's how I felt...That was my takeaway, by [her] calling the comedy and the style of it old-fashioned. It's like, I understand what you're doing, you're trying to save yourself, but don't crap all over my mother to do it."

She added: "That was very personal. But as a professional, that was her choice, that's what she did. No harm, no foul, moving on."

Griffin's statement at the time didn't include the specific phrase "old-fashioned," but it did suggest that the show contributed "to a culture of unattainable perfectionism and intolerance towards difference."

"When I chose to step into the shoes of my beloved Joan Rivers at Fashion Police, I was thrilled to continue her legacy as a woman being brash and eccentric on television. I am a freedom-loving female and gay rights activist who loves to find the funny in all people, attitudes, beliefs, and appearances, but only when the context permits intelligent humor," she said in March.

"My brand of humor, while unrepentant and unafraid, is all about CONTEXT," she continued. "I hope to continue to make you all laugh performing live or on television where I can be smart, irreverent, unrepentant, and unafraid in an observational way that is candid, honest, and justified."

Melissa, for her part, thinks the show's problems began as soon as Joan passed away. She even went so far as to say the debacle over Zendaya "never would have happened" if Joan were alive.

"I think there might be a little bit of a twinkle in her eye, saying, 'Y'all couldn't do it without me, could ya?'" she quipped when Kotb asked how Joan might react to the current state of Fashion Police, which is on hiatus until the fall. "And then after that I think she'd be a little bit frustrated."

Regarding the Zendaya controversy, which led to the departure of longtime co-host Kelly Osbourne, she said, "If something like that had happened and my mother had been alive, her reaction immediately would have been, 'Oh, please, all this over a wig?' Literally, it was a wig! Let's just all relax."

She continued: "[Joan] would have called Giuliana and yelled at Giuliana, she would have called Kelly and yelled at Kelly, and said 'Stop it.' She would have listened to them both cry and complain about each other. And she'd be like, 'Okay, is everyone over it? Let's go to work and make a funny show.'"

Melissa Rivers joins Fashion Police

Daughter of the late Joan Rivers joins the E! fashion show

BY LYNETTE RICE@LYNETTERICE

Entertainment Weekly

... Rather than find another permanent host, E! plans to rotate in celebrity guests when the show returns for six episodes, starting with coverage of fashion at MTV’s Video Music Awards.

Full article: http://www.ew.com/article/2015/06/17/melissa-rivers-joins-fashion-police

That's what I've been saying all this time!! :mellow:

I don't love Melissa on her own as a host. I loved when she and Joan did the red carpet together. But if she has an acerbic host she can bounce off of, it might work...

Some Things Never Change, and Then Sometimes, All the Things Change
9/1/2015 8:00 AM PDT, by Sarah Taylor
0901-fish-split-rivers-2.jpg
Melissa Rivers, believe it or not, is in both of these pictures above, but recent photo is the photo on the right.

It's amazing how some things change, and then how some things change to the point of no return.

Good luck with "Fashion Police," girl -- you're gonna shake things up for sure, but you've just about filled those fabulous shoes left vacant by your mom's departure. Get it!

Read more: http://www.fishwrapper.com/post/2015/09/01/melissa-rivers-pictures-photos-pics-face-before-after-rumors/#ixzz3kcIiRbNK

Anyone else watch the new episode? Little bumpy, but I'm hoping another episode or two will smooth things out. :huh:

I need to record the VMA episode but also wanted to let you know that they're airing a tribute to Joan episode tonight (Tomorrow is the 1yr anniversary of her death) So I need to remember to get both into the DVR as soon as i get home!!

OK, the Joan memorial episode was nice! I hadn't watched it regularly (usually just the award show episodes) so it was nice to see highlights, as well as bloopers. As Melissa said - remembering Joan the only way she'd want to be remembered - with laughter!

• Like 1

Watching a "regular" episode now. I like Melissa hosting. Guiliana bugs me (somewhat less this year) but I really don't like Brad. So far the concept of "deputies" (guest hosts) I think works out. Margaret Cho is funny, and tonight also has Lisa Rinna and she's doing a great job too.

• Like 1

Hoyaheel, on 11 Sept 2015 - 1:52 PM, said:

Watching a "regular" episode now. I like Melissa hosting. Guiliana bugs me (somewhat less this year) but I really don't like Brad. So far the concept of "deputies" (guest hosts) I think works out. Margaret Cho is funny, and tonight also has Lisa Rinna and she's doing a great job too.

I'm seeing that they may try to make Margaret Cho a regular, which I think is a great idea. I hadn't thought of her when they first came back, but she was really good on both episodes so far. Good fashion sense and very funny. Don't like Guiliana or Brad, though. Find them annoying. Melissa's doing pretty good at hosting, but she really need someone funny on the panel to boost things up. (Sorry, Melissa, but you didn't inherit your mama's funny.)

Not even going to bother putting this in BI forum:

MR. X 12/16 **#1**
Some behind the scenes meetings are going on which will make what happened on The View ho hum. This cable talk show is going to do a reboot and bring back the hated comic actress that was previously asked to leave. If she can get sober, they will also bring back the foreign born celebrity.

Kathy and Kelly together again? WTF are they thinking? They need to get rid of annoying Brad and annoying skinny chick (sorry, brain freeze). Keep Margaret Cho. Don't let NeNe or Amber Rose guest any more either.

I actually thought Kathy did a decent job, mostly because she knew she was there for the jokes and not the real fashion advice. If they could get another person on the show to give the real fashion advice, keep Kathy for the jokes (both roles Joan Rivers did so well, I miss her!) and then add a third host to bridge the two - Melissa Rivers? - the show could really work. Throw in different guest hosts and could be real fun :)

Ha - ask and I shall receive - Margaret Cho going "full time" http://pagesix.com/2015/12/17/margaret-cho-joins-fashion-police/

I do wonder if Melissa & Kathy get along to cohost - Melissa would have been the EP when Kathy was hosting which sort of indicates they might not have gotten along all that well. But if Melissa is anything like Joan - she'll do anything it takes to make a GOOD show, and if that means working with Kathy....(if Kathy can work with others....) I really do hope they get the right formula worked out!!!

I do like it better as an occasional show - after awards - instead of weekly....

(I think my problem with most of the other hosts is I do not like their fashion ideas - I haven't liked any of the stylists and I've never liked Guiliana in anything....so if the right combo is comedian + fashion + bridge - I do not know who I vote for "fashion"....)

Edited by Hoyaheel

Loving the "last look" bit they do at the end of the show.

Melissa really has filled the "I miss Joan" role pretty well for me. The others have grown on me a bit, but I do wish they had more "guest" people on like they use to do.

• Like 1