sanlee

Katy Perry

Katy Perry Looking For Big Apple Home

Katy Perry and Russell Brand have been house-hunting in New York.

The couple - who already have properties in London and Los Angeles - were seen at an open house viewing of a two-bedroom apartment in the Alphabet City area of the East Village yesterday (11.04.10).

According to a source, who was also looking at the property, the couple were "dressed like they hadn't changed since going out the night before" and the 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall' actor broke property-viewing etiquette by asking if he could use the bathroom.

Katy's friend Rihanna recently revealed the pair - who got engaged while holidaying in India in December - will be returning to the country for their wedding.

Speaking about planning her pal's pre-wedding party, she said: "She put that on me last week. I have to come up with something cool because she's getting married in India so I'm like, 'OK, now what do I do to match that?' "

It has also been claimed that Katy is planning to wear a revealing stomach-bearing wedding gown.

A source said recently: "Katy knows her toned torso is her best feature, so she wants to show it off. She's also more than aware that her wedding photos will be seen the world over, so she knows her look needs to stand out. From the back, she wants to look like a traditional bride, with a very long train, but from the front, she wants a Vegas-style sequined number with exposed skin."

Source contactmusic

She is just awesome and it looks like she is very independent.. Sure.. everyone in the music industry has to compromise sometimes but thats normal.

Every time is see her on tv it seems to me that she is really happy with what she is doing. Hopefully her next album will be as great as the current one!!

And every great artist has haters. They are just envy! GO ON KATY!!!

She is just awesome and it looks like she is very independent.. Sure.. everyone in the music industry has to compromise sometimes but thats normal.

Every time is see her on tv it seems to me that she is really happy with what she is doing. Hopefully her next album will be as great as the current one!!

And every great artist has haters. They are just envy! GO ON KATY!!!

Agreed :)

Posted Image

Katy Perry and John Mayer's Rendezvous: Date Night or Just Friends?

by Rebecca Macatee

Eonline.com

Friends, lovers, or nothing—there can only be one! So tell us, John Mayer: Which category do you and Katy Perry fall into?

The attractive twosome spent Wednesday evening together, reportedly grabbing dinner at Pace restaurant and then heading to Chateau Marmont. Perry, 27, looked demure in an embroidered white dress. She was snapped gazing at Mayer, 34, from the passenger seat of his car.

Mayer, whose exes include Jennifer Aniston and Jessica Simpson, appeared happy to be in the "Wide Awake" singer's company. Wearing a black shirt and an olive-drab Army jacket, the musician shared a hearty laugh with Perry.

Neither musician's rep has responded to E! News' requests for comment on their big night out.

Perry's divorce from Russell Brand was finalized last month, marking the official end to their 14-month union. Brand, 37, recently confirmed to Howard Stern that he was dating Isabella Brewster—little sister to Dallas star Jordana Brewster.

And while Perry hasn't been as forthcoming about her potential romances (she was linked to male model Baptiste Giabiconi and Florence + the Machine guitarist Robert Ackroyd), she hasn't been jaded by divorce.

In an interview with the Hollywood Reporter last month, she proudly proclaimed, "I believe in love!"

Time will tell if she's found it with Mayer.

Say it isn't so!! :vomit2:

:vomit2: John Mayer is nasty. Another one bites the dust.

Katy Perry clearly likes the dirty dirty boys :P

Perhaps he's just the rebound guy. You know what they say: The best way to get over someone is to get under someone new :D

I can't figure out the blind Lainey MUST be referring to in her post today. Anyone else? (my bolding in the quotation below)

http://www.laineygossip.com/Katy-Perry-tal...-in-Vogue/27212

Katy Perry: Love in VOGUE

June 18, 2013

Posted at 10:52 AM

Katy Perry covers the new issue of VOGUE, her very first time. It’s high fashion on a farm. I ...don’t love the styling. Mostly because it’s kind of the same styling we expect of Katy Perry. Bold dramatic lips, bright dramatic colours. What would a stripped down Katy Perry look like? Is that possible? Or is it by design? I don’t see Katy Perry the way I see Lady Gaga who must adhere so strictly to that image she’s created -- part freak, part monster, always provocative. That Dolce & Gabbana dress that falls off the shoulder with the straw hat is spectacular though. And if you stretch hard enough, you can even attach a gossip angle to one of the portraits.

Here, see below and think on it. Do you know what I’m referring to?

A long gown with a tight bodice, heaving chest, and full sleeves -- it’s a fairy tale dress, isn’t it? It’s Snow White/Sleeping Beauty, non?

Like I said, if you stretch hard enough.

But there’s other gossip from the VOGUE article that comes a lot easier.

Katy meets the writer at San Ysidro Ranch. Sound familiar? This is where she and Robert Pattinson were seen together at that wedding rehearsal shortly after his breakup from Kristen Stewart was confirmed last month. It seems to be where Katy goes when she wants to get away. The interview takes place before that though, and before the MET Gala in New York, where Stewart and Pattinson last stepped out as a couple. So the writer didn’t have the situation on her question list. She did however ask about Katy’s other relationships -- Russell Brand and John Mayer. Perry is surprisingly candid, offering a lot more detail that we normally get from a celebrity profile, especially for a celebrity with her profile.

She describes Brand as a “magical man”. And then she goes on to reveal how he broke up with her:

“He’s a very smart man, and I was in love with him when I married him. Let’s just say I haven’t heard from him since he texted me saying he was divorcing me December 31, 2011.”

Well, sh-t, that was specific.

And she goes on, with even more detail, about why it couldn’t work. Specifically -- again, this girl doesn’t cheap out on details -- how he turned on her for not being what he considered a conventional wife:

“(Russell is) Hysterical in some ways. Until he started making jokes about me and he didn’t know I was in the audience, because I had come to surprise him at one of his shows. So. Hysterical to a point. I mean, I have to claim my own responsibility in things. I do admit that I was on the road a lot. Although I invited him time and time again, and I tried to come home as much as I possibly could. You saw that in the movie.” Katy Perry: Part of Me, a documentary released last year that has garnered $32 million worldwide to date, covers the period before, during, and after her time with Brand. “That wasn’t edited to leave footage out—there wasn’t any footage of him. At first when I met him he wanted an equal, and I think a lot of times strong men do want an equal, but then they get that equal and they’re like, I can’t handle the equalness. He didn’t like the atmosphere of me being the boss on tour. So that was really hurtful, and it was very controlling, which was upsetting. I felt a lot of responsibility for it ending, but then I found out the real truth, which I can’t necessarily disclose because I keep it locked in my safe for a rainy day. I let go and I was like: This isn’t because of me; this is beyond me. So I have moved on from that.”

Of course, that’s only her side of the story. And he very well may counter with how he couldn’t live with and up to the demands of her rock star party life. But the fact is, she has convinced herself that that is why it ended, which is a perspective to their split that we didn’t hear much about immediately after they unravelled.

As for John Mayer, when asked about their status -- at the time, and this, remember, was before the speculation started with Robert Pattinson -- in one word:

“Over.”

Bless her, she elaborates. And she clarifies that hooking up with Mayer was not a rebound, or an attempt to make Russell Brand jealous. In fact, she still has feelings for him:

“No, not at all. No, I was madly in love with him. I still am madly in love with him.” With John Mayer? That wasn’t what I expected to hear at all. “All I can say about that relationship is that he’s got a beautiful mind,” she says. “Beautiful mind, tortured soul. I do have to figure out why I am attracted to these broken birds.”

That’s the part I wasn’t expecting. The declaration -- in VOGUE! -- that she’s still “madly in love with him”. At 28 years old, having been a superstar now for over 5 years, by now somewhat inured to all the sh-t that accompanies fame, she still hasn’t learned how to hold back, or you could say she will never want to. It’s not like Katy Perry is stupid. At least Katy Perry isn’t so stupid to think that she could make that kind of a pronouncement and not expect it to be the major takeaway in the coverage of her interview.

“Katy Perry is still madly in love with John Mayer!”

It’ll be all over the place soon if it isn’t already by the time you read this. And since I exist for gossip, and the consumption of this kind of information, I love her for it. Not necessarily for her candour, whether or not it’s deliberate and manufactured, but for the strategy behind and her willingness to play game, and not f-cking complain about it. Too often we have to listen to the protestations of celebrities who approach these situations with a wall first as if it’s not a give and take relationship. What we end up with then are boring reads. No one wins when it’s a boring read. Katy seems to understand this. Madonna used to understand this. Back in the days of Blonde Ambition, she said as much and very publicly. I remember watching her on Arsenio Hall after she was featured in Vanity Fair. When he brought it up during their chat, the more controversial parts from the article, she knew exactly what she was doing.

“Oh you know, Vanity Fair. Half of it’s true. And it’s always good dish.”

Katy, I think, understands good dish.

TMZ

Orlando Bloom and Katy Perry are officially on a break from each other ... but a very tender one.

The couple were together Sunday night at the Vanity Fair Oscars party, but Tuesday night their reps said, “Before rumors or falsifications get out of hand, we can confirm that Orlando and Katy are taking respectful, loving space at this time.”

The statement to US Weekly was reminiscent of Chris and Gwyneth's "conscious uncoupling," but bottom line is ... you're probably gonna see them out with other people very soon. In fact the "rumors" line might have been a reference to shots of Orlando chatting up a woman last week at a pre-Oscars event. To be fair, looks like friendly conversation.

Katy and Orlando were together just over a year.