Hoyaheel

Harassment scandal(s) in Hollywood

Former Stylist for Ryan Seacrest claims 10 years ago he was inappropriate with her. I do NOT believe this one. I only see $$ signs with this one as SHE wanted a large settlement to keep quiet, Ryan refused and released a statement vehemently denying the claim.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ryan-seacrest-under-investigation-over-sexual-harassment-allegations-012747346.html

• Like 2

Savannah Guthrie just went live on the today show with a breaking news that Matt Lauer was fired effective immediately. She is basically crying on the air and they just found out about an hour or so before the show started. Hoda is on with her.

Based on the gossip we have had here, I told my husband I thought he would go down soon.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 2

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/matt-lauer-fired-from-nbc-news/ar-BBFUtVU

Happened to catch that by accident this morning - husband was stopping the recording he was watching and I was finishing packing our lunches. This might be the one that breaks me. I knew the rumors of cheating and what an asshole he was (esp in the way Ann Curry was treated) but honestly didn't think sexual harassment was his MO. Sad that I was wrong.

So this is two morning shows who've just lost the male anchor. CBS didn't have anyone in the pipeline to replace Rose, really. (after Rose got Josh Elliot fired....) NBC does have more junior people. Wonder who it will be. I'd love Willie Geist but he might be happy with his Sunday morning and other (MSNBC) show appearances?

Im thinking Craig Melvin is there a lot already.

They do need the diversity. I like him but so far my impression is "sort of bland". But then, for morning tv, that's usually a selling point.....

Please NOT Carson Daly. He bugs me.

I used to like him but after what went down with Ann Curry I washed my hands of him. There's been plenty of whispering about sexual "attentions" and he's gotten away with that for much too long. He's a dick and is getting exactly what he himself has earned.

• Like 2

I used to like him but after what went down with Ann Curry I washed my hands of him. There's been plenty of whispering about sexual "attentions" and he's gotten away with that for much too long. He's a dick and is getting exactly what he himself has earned.

My thoughts exactly.

The Keillor thing is weird. Im unsure if he was fired for inappropriate sexual behavior or inappropriate behavior of other kinds (supporting a political candidate, I dont know...) the release and wording of info that Ive seen thus far is very confusing. Ive been glued to the tv all day.

Back to Matt, I watched Natalie on Access Hollywood. She looked like crap. Shes having a rough day, clearly. I found What she said and what she didnt say to be equally interesting. ETA This is the second time this week that quotation marks have been stripped from my posts. Even after I go in and edit it. Weird glitch, but just know the paragraph below is the quote from her this morning on Access Hollywood.

I woke up to the news like everyone this morning just in shock. The Today show, of course, has been my family for 16 years now and it is difficult, Morales said on Access Hollywood Live. I think everyone is saying how difficult it is to process the news.

She continued, I have personally dealt with rumors in the past for years that were hurtful to me, my family they diminished my hard work. Ive addressed those rumors head-on in the past. That is not the story today. The story today is the courage of a colleague who did come forward, and when and if she wants to tell her story publicly, Im sure she will. But it did take a lot of courage for her to come forward. It was no doubt a very painful decision.

Edited by dixiedoodah
  • Like 1

https://pagesix.com/2017/11/30/jimmy-fallon-takes-jab-at-matt-lauer-on-tonight-show/

Colbert:

On “The Late Show” Wednesday, Colbert joked about the allegation that Lauer had given a sex toy to a colleague, with a note explaining how he wanted to use it on her.

“It’s bad enough he gave her a sex toy, but he also gave her instructions? He found a way to ‘mansplain’ sexual harassment,” Colbert said.

• Like 1

I agree the Ann Curry thing was bad, but she was bad. As in ineffective at her job. Should have stayed the news reader.

I think Matt got the rap on that, and possibly rightly so, but it was the right move for the show. Savannah is so much better.

I was not shocked by this, and I do think he got what he deserved. He knows it too. I just wish he had done it on his own accord instead of waiting for it to break.

However, I do think he championed a lot of people, females included, to make them the household names we know today. We will probably never see his kind of pull in TV again.

• Like 1

I agree about Ann Curry. The way she was booted was AWFUL, but I didn't enjoy her as an anchor. She doesn't have the right bouyant personality that a morning tv show anchor needs.

I remember a very brief absurd mention of Garrison Keillor in the 1990s that always made me wonder about him. He got caught in one of Spy Magazine's stings. I dug up an archive of the article-- he's mentioned in the first paragraph.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Oepe_lUpLWAC&lpg=PP1&pg=PA26#v=onepage&q&f=false

(apologies if this doesn't post correctly)

Edited by bunnyhooper