Sign in to follow this  
princess

Eva Mendes

NY Daily News

Side Dish

Bruce Willis' birthday wishes came true on Saturday when his favorite supermodel, Petra Nemcova, graced the party celebrating his 51st year. Petra, though she survived the tsunami, didn't have the endurance to party with Willis till past 5 a.m. at the G2 Lounge. But Willis had plenty of other models, as well as Dan Aykroyd, Aaron Eckhart and Joaquin Phoenix. And, even though it wasn't Clive Owen's birthday, he left with a lovely parting gift: "Hitch" beauty Eva Mendes.

So big rumor about her is she's slept her way to the top. Any other scoop on her??

Please, Clive, say it isn't so!!!

So big rumor about her is she's slept her way to the top.  Any other scoop on her??

Well, it's common knowledge that she had a thing with Denzel on the set of Training Day - so, let's wait and see what comes out of co-starring with Joaquin! :D

April 21, 2006 -- A NAME-dropping con artist who claimed to be the brother of actress Eva Mendes is being sought by police for allegedly bilking a bevy of trendy Manhattan nightspots out of tens of thousands of dollars worth of free meals and drinks. Philippe Kayadjanian, the owner of 212 restaurant on East 65th Street, tells us he identified the mug shot of Bronx native Marcel Perez - who used the fictitious name, "Marco Mendes" - as the guy who scammed $10,000 worth of meals from him over a two-week period in March. Kayadjanian claims Perez used a stolen credit card number to pay for his lavish meals, which were usually attended by a bevy of beautiful women he brought with him in a chauffeured limousine. "He was a young, good-looking guy who was always with some good-looking girls," Kayadjanian tells Page Six. "He was spending a lot of money. He came here eight times. He even invited my manager to join him at Cain, Pink Elephant and other places. He was living large." Kayadjanian added that Perez also stands accused of scamming a limousine company out of $4,000 for the use of his car and driver, the W Hotel for $25,000 and Whiskey Bar, $15,000. "The cops are looking for him," he said. "We filed a police report at the 19th Precinct and I identified him through a mug shot. Apparently, he's been arrested a few times before. They're gonna catch this guy for sure." Eva Mendes, the Cuban-American beauty who starred in "Hitch" and the upcoming "Ghost Rider," doesn't have a brother named Marco. Her publicist, Brad Cafarelli, said, "Eva Mendes has never met nor heard of this person, nor has she been aware of any of these alleged activities before this time." An NYPD spokesman said he would not comment on "an ongoing investigation."

post-5-1145640036.jpg

Edited by BobbyD

justjarad.comEva Mendes' Boyfriend 4EVANew York, NY :: 33-year-old actress Eva Mendes has had the same civilian (read: not famous) photographer boyfriend for the last couple of years (five?). They share a home together in Hollywood Hills and were spotted yesterday afternoon in SoHo walking together hand in hand. Cute dress, cute boots, no? Eva's next film Ghost Rider co-starring Nicolas Cage and Wes Bentley opens February 16, 2007. Eva talked about her role in Ghost Rider saying, "I play Roxanne Simpson. We start the movie when she's sixteen years old with Johnny Blaze, and she's so in love with him. We think we're going to run away together, and then the day he's supposed to pick me up and take me away is, of course, the day after he sold his soul to the devil, and that kind of complicates things when you do that (laughs), so he never shows up and he leaves me just heartbroken forever. I try to go on with my life, try to put my energy into my career, but it's never the same. So when I have an opportunity to interview him 13 years later, of course I take it, and then we become more in each other's lives again and this time I want answers - like every good woman does, I wanna talk!"

BLACK & WHITE

Eva Mendes and Jane Fonda make a fashionable contrast at a special West Hollywood screening of the acclaimed international film Innocent Voices to benefit the anti-youth-violence group Homies Unidos on Tuesday.

Posted Image

Mendes Strips for Flaunt Sexy Eva Mendes has bared all for a racy new photospread in style magazine Flaunt. The actress has resisted offers from Playboy, but she stripped for photographer Don Flood's spread and pull-out poster, which comes complete with her full-lip imprint and signature. But Mendes isn't exactly revealing everything in the spread - for most of the shots she's clothed or wearing a sexy black basque, and in shots where she's naked, only her back and bottom are exposed as she covers her breasts and cheekily looks over her shoulder. She says, "I actually did a little nude shot. You won't see anything. I was covering myself... but I love Flaunt. I think their artwork is some of the best artwork out there as far as photography is concerned, so I took it off. "I felt really comfortable. It was fun. There's something really liberating about it. "The last couple of years I've shied away from taking photos, even in a bikini, because I was like, 'No, no, no. I don't want to be that girl.'"

Eva Mendes Wants To Be Clutzy

Eva Mendes has revealed her dream movie role would be playing a clumsy

superhero.

The 'Hitch' actress says she imagines the character to be so useless they

accidentally kill the wrong bad guy.

Eva said: "I'd love to play a clutzy superhero, not a slick one. My girl

would be like, 'Whoops! I killed the wrong villain!'"

The 32-year-old actress, who stars opposite Nicholas Cage in upcoming comic

book movie 'Ghost Rider', recently slammed celebrity culture.

Eva said she has no interest in being famous, only in being a respected

actress.

She said: "The celebrity world can be so ugly. Everyone seems to have slept

with everyone else and it's some sort of strange weird cycle. I don't want

to get into that.

"Fame and celebrity doesn't matter to me. The longevity of my career does."

source: hollywood rag

Joaquin Phoenix and Eva Mendes were at it furiously at a Wyclef Jean party in New York Thursday night. Though reps have denied the pair are an item, an R&M spy saw the couple "holding hands under the table and kissing all night long." ... [TMZ.com]

Eva Mendes Wants To Be Clutzy

Eva Mendes has revealed her dream movie role would be playing a clumsy

superhero.

The 'Hitch' actress says she imagines the character to be so useless they

accidentally kill the wrong bad guy.

Eva said: "I'd love to play a clutzy superhero, not a slick one. My girl

would be like, 'Whoops! I killed the wrong villain!'"

The 32-year-old actress, who stars opposite Nicholas Cage in upcoming comic

book movie 'Ghost Rider', recently slammed celebrity culture.

Eva said she has no interest in being famous, only in being a respected

actress.

She said: "The celebrity world can be so ugly. Everyone seems to have slept

with everyone else and it's some sort of strange weird cycle. I don't want

to get into that.

"Fame and celebrity doesn't matter to me. The longevity of my career does."

source: hollywood rag

Wise girl. I like her idea too, sounds like a blast. :D

SHOWING SUPPORT

Ben Affleck catches up with pal Eva Mendes at the L.A. opening of East Coast vintage mecca, Some Odd Rubies, on Tuesday. The store was founded by Affleck's former assistant (and best friend Matt Damon's former flame), Odessa Whitmire.

Posted Image

HOLDING COURT

Colin Farrell and Eva Mendes put on their game faces Saturday in Shanghai, where they greeted a contingent of athletes in their roles as celebrity spokespeople for next year's Special Olympics – which takes place in China in Oct. 2007.

Posted Image

Eva Mendes: Not Sharpest Tool in Shed

From justjared.com

Eva Mendes is Maxim Magazine February 2007’s cover girl! Here are some highlights from Eva’s interview with Maxim:

On gal pal Cameron Diaz: “I love Cameron. If I were a guy I’d ask Cameron to marry me. She’s got the greatest spirit, and she has the cutest, tightest butt. Her butt is so cute I can’t take it.”

On the toughness that comes across in most of her on-screen characters: “In real life I’m not tough. I’m more of a cuddle bug than a tough sex goddess. I may look like a bad girl, but I’m just built that way. I’m actually a good girl.”

On working with Hollywood’s leading men:”I’ve been lucky. All the guys I’ve worked opposite are amazing. I’d be blind as a bat not to have chemistry with Johnny Depp, Will Smith and Denzel Washington.”

On selling her soul to the devil: “I feel like I sell my soul a little bit every day in the business. It’s a barter system. You take certain role you don’t want on the assumption that it will pay off somewhere down the line.”

On how she kept her energy up on set: “I had a Red Bull problem. I was up to seven a day. Red Bull wanted to send me a mini-fridge. I was like, “No!” It’s like giving a crack addict free crack.”

On being more voluptuous for the role of Roxanne in “Ghostrider”:“I wanted to make comic book fans happy. The original Roxanne was blonde and blue-eyed, but she also had huge bajoongas. If I gain weight it goes to my boobs and my butt. I figured since I can’t be blonde and blue-eyed, I’ll at least have her bra size. So the bajoongas got big. They were out of control.

On not being obsessed with her weight: “I don’t complain about gaining weight. It was actually fun. I love my body. I believe in cherishing myself as a woman. But I don’t’ want to come off like I’m this totally in-control person, because I’m definitely not.”

On one of her flaws:“I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed. I like a man to be smarter than me so I can learn from him. I like a superintellectual with an edge. Having an edge means not always abiding by the rules. I like a little danger. A little mischief.”

Eva Mendes’s Maxim cover hits newsstands January 13th.

Posted Image

panachereport.com

Sexy actress Eva Mendes has Halle Berry to thank for her slimline look after her fellow Revlon spokesperson turned the “Hitch,” star onto her fitness coach.

Berry introduced Mendes to trainer Harley Pasternak when Mendes complained about her fitness levels and her poor diet. The Latina says, "I was not educated about nutrition at all.

The last couple of years I have been educating myself, reading a lot, and I have a fantastic trainer, Harley Pasternak, who has written a couple of books that can teach you a lot." And the actress now accepts that she should just try to look healthy, rather than attempt to emulate another body type. Mendes adds, "My vision of a perfect body is a really healthy one. "You have the tall, slender Gisele (Bundchen)-like perfect body.

Then you have the Jennifer Lopez perfect body, and then you have the Beyonce perfect body. I appreciate women in all shapes and sizes because we are beautiful creatures."

Fug Rider

So many questions:

Posted Image

Is she curtsying? Does she really have to pee? Is she about to pounce on the lipstick that she's forgotten to put on? Is she getting ready to make a run for it back to her hotel room to change, having just realized that she's wearing my mother's dining room wallpaper? Will we ever really know?

Go Fug Yourself

From imdb.com today...

Mendes Laughs Off Phoenix Affair Rumors

Eva Mendes has laughed off rumors of a romance with her We Own The Night co-star Joaquin Phoenix - after they dined together after work. The Latina actress has been dating director George Gargurevich for the past five years, but is constantly reported to be romantically entwined with her leading men. She says, "God, we went out to dinner together. We were working together so, of course, you'd go out and have a meal after work. Why wouldn't you? I'm a grown woman! Do you think I'd be making out with somebody? I stopped doing that when I was 14. Yuck!"

(Pagesix.com)

Toothy Smile

EVA Mendes, one of Hollywood's great beauties, was an ugly duckling as a kid. "I had the nickname Bugsy, for Bugs Bunny, because I had buck teeth," she told Webster Hall's Baird Jones after a screening of "Live!" a mockumentary about an ambitious TV exec producing a reality show in which contestants play Russian roulette. "I still have buck teeth, but then I was only like 70 pounds, so they really stood out. I never got braces because I am OK with my imperfections. In fact, I like to accentuate my buck teeth when I smile. I just have a big old smile. I never cover my mouth."

14th Annual Revlon Run/Walk for Women in L.A.

Filed under: Events , Sheryl Crow

Posted Image

Billed as one of the country's largest 5K fundraiser, the Revlon Run/Walk for Women took place over the Mother's Day Weekend in Los Angeles. Several celebrity supporters showed up to participate in the event created to raise funds for cancer research. Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Jessica Alba and Michael Chiklis all lent their support to the cause. Seriously, though, my favorite is Shar Jackson, who seems pleasant enough. But I must admit that her "career" confuses me. What is it exactly that she does? And may I please get to do it as well? Because she seems to be doing aight, considering I'm only really familiar with her ability to bear Kevin Federline's children.

Also, Jessica Alba is frustrating me even further by participating. It's almost as if she's saying, "I'm beautiful AND I hate cancer. Top that." Dammit. For the life of me, I simply can't.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

More photos (Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher, Sheryl Crow, Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson) from the Revlon Walk in Los Angeles after the jump.

(Mandy Moore, Fran Drescher)

(Sheryl Crow)

(Eva Mendes, Michael Chiklis, Jessica Alba)

(Jessica Alba, Shar Jackson)

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/14/14th_a...women_in_la.php

(Pagesix.com)

Digital Delight

GET ready to see Eva Mendes like you've never seen her before. The luscious Latina opens "We Own the Night" with a bang in a steamy scene that has co-star Joaquin Phoenix proving his manual dexterity. (Kyle Smith's review: Page 44.) Among those discussing Eva's hotness at the Cinema Society/Calvin Klein premiere and party at the Bowery Hotel the other night were Jewel, Rufus Sewell, Bill Pullman, Griffin Dunne, Rihanna, Richard Belzer, Lydia Hearst, Sante D'Orazio, Amanda Demme and Ed Koch.

Eva Mendes' First Sex Scene

No one can call Eva Mendes a prude. In the new drama We Own the Night, she steams it up as Amada Juarez, the leather bustier–wearing girlfriend of nightclub owner Bobby Green (Joaquin Phoenix).

Although the actress has done nude scenes, this film contains her first sex scene. The Miami native, 32 (whose boyfriend is producer George Augusto), dishes to Us.

Q: How was filming the sex scene with Joaquin?:

The truth is, it’s very technical when you shoot it. The freak-out comes when you’re sitting in the theater going, “That’s my boob. Oh, my God!”

Q: You’ve also kissed Will Smith and Denzel Washington on screen. Who was the best kisser?:

All of them, though I regret not kissing Johnny Depp for longer [in 2003’s Once Upon a Time in Mexico]. I was so intimidated by him. It was the first time I had worked with an actor who I had crushed on as a little girl.

Q: What role did you want and not get?:

I really wanted Mr. & Mrs. Smith. I was 10 minutes away from auditioning when my agent left me a message telling me the part had been offered to Angelina Jolie. I got really crazy, ignored it and auditioned anyway. I really thought I had a chance!

Q: What about those recent pregnancy rumors?:

I had just finished a pasta meal and my tummy was hanging out. Then suddenly it was all over the Internet: baby bump. Eva’s pregnant! And they said I was coming out of a prenatal yoga class — I don’t even go to regular yoga!

Washington, Oct 19 (ANI): Eva Mendes was so petrified of the idea of watching herself moan on the big screen, that she actually tried to talk her way out of a masturbation scene that opens her new film We Own The Night.

The model/actress revealed that she did everything she could to make director James Gray's change his mind about the "uncomfortable scene", but he was adamant that's how his movie should start.

"I remember being so scared that morning and really trying to stall, but I just had to do it. Usually you feel that ticking time bomb but that morning it was a couple of hours of me and Joaquin and James just talking," she said.

Mendes added that she talked herself into an oblivion and did the scene at last.

"I just talked myself into an oblivion and did it. That was the last scene we shot and we had three months of history together, which really helped. The scene is erotic but it comes from a place of love," she added. (ANI)

sawf

(Pagesix.com)

Barking Puppy

JOAQUIN Phoenix is bristling at Eva Mendes' wisecrack that doing "We Own the Night" with him was "kind of like working with a puppy dog or a 2-year-old." Phoenix rants to the December Playboy: "Had I known I was supposed to be a puppy dog, I would have been much more cute and more consistently attentive. My apologies, Eva, but I had a few other scenes that you weren't in. This puppy dog had a lot of work to do."

Where Has The Love Gone?

http://www.dlisted.com/

Posted Image

Eva Mendes' stupid ass said in an interview that working with Joaquin Phoenix on "We Own The Night" was "kind of like working with a puppy dog or a 2-year-old." Don't mess with a man on the sauce.

And of course Joaquin had to fire back. He said, "Had I known I was supposed to be a puppy dog, I would have been much more cute and more consistently attentive. My apologies, Eva, but I had a few other scenes that you weren't in. This puppy dog had a lot of work to do."

That was actually kind of nice of Joaquin! I mean he's known for blowing his top, so I'm proud of him. He should've said, "Well, working with Eva was like working with puppy shit! Except puppy shit has more personality and talent."

Phoenix Says He's Not a Puppy Dog

Posted Image

Oscar-nominated actor Joaquin Phoenix has hit back at co-star Eva Mendes for branding him a "puppy dog."

During a press conference at the Cannes Film Festival, Mendes said of her "We Own the" Night co-star, "working with Phoenix was kind of like working with a puppy dog or a 2-year-old."

But Phoenix refutes the comments, insisting he was only doing his job -- and couldn't care less what she thinks of him.

He tells Playboy magazine, "Had I known I was supposed to be a puppy dog, I would have been much more cute and more consistently attentive. My apologies, Eva, but I had a few other scenes that you weren't in. This puppy dog had a lot of work to do."

Marisa Tomei Tops Best Nude Scenes of 2007

Actress' turn in 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead' celebrated

November 29, 2007

Marisa Tomei in 'Before the Devil Knows You're Dead'Sure it was her comedic timing that won Marisa Tomei her Oscar 15 years ago, but it's her casual, topless talents that won Mr. Skin's highest commendation for 2007.

The year's films made skinematic history as Mr. Skin, as featured in "Knocked Up," was presented with such a wealth of nakedness on the silver screen, he had to compile his Top 20 list of films in which talented actresses took it off.

"2007 was a surprisingly strong year for big-screen nudity," noted Mr. Skin from his Chicago headquarters. "In fact, you could say it ranks among this decade's very breast!"

Topping the list was Tomei in Sidney Lumet's crime drama "Before the Devil Knows You're Dead." In the film, she's seen opening the movie with some nudity topside and later similarly displays herself to advantage after an illicit tryst. Oh yeah, and Ethan Hawke and Philip Seymour Hoffman also star in the heist movie.

Not one to be labeled an anglophobic philistine, Mr. Skin traveled across the pond to celebrate British beauty Keeley Hazell in the art house flick "Cashback." The former Page 3 girl gets her assets unveiled in the film when a supermarket clerk takes advantage of his newfound ability to freeze time.

The remainder of the Top 20 are as follows:

3. Natalie Portman in "Hotel Chevalier" - The acclaimed actress gets cheeky when she drops her drawers for this short film that's a companion piece to "The Darjeeling Limited."

4. Christina Ricci in "Black Snake Moan" - Her skimpy top can't contain her talent in this Southern gothic potboiler, even if she is chained to a radiator.

5. Sienna Miller in "Factory Girl" - Twenty-one minutes into the film about Andy Warhol's muse, Miller soaks naked in a tub.

6. Roselyn Sanchez in "Yellow" -The actress' character just wants to be a Broadway dancer, but of course, must strip in order to get there.

7. Malin Ackerman in "The Heartbreak Kid" - An acrobatic sex act opposite Ben Stiller allows this actress to show off more than just her flexibility.

8. Eva Mendes in "We Own the Night" - Very early into the film, the starlet shows one reason why she deserves to be on this list. Yep, just one, but it's a compelling one.

9. Lena Headey in "300" - Sure, the men got to show off their abs, but Headey shows she's no slouch in the skin department during a poetic love scene.

10. Stormy Daniels and Nautica Thorne in "Knocked Up" -Lapdancers in Vegas give the main character and his pal an eyeful up close and personal.

11. Alexa Davalos in "Feast of Love" - Selma Blair and Radha Mitchell also get naked, but it's Davalos' full frontal that makes her stand out.

12. Chelan Simmons in "Good Luck Chuck" - Seven different women take off their tops for the camera, including the "Kyle XY" cutie.

13. Wei Tang in "Lust, Caution" - This Ang Lee follow-up to "Brokeback Mountain" takes a while to build up, and then watch out. The Chinese starlet engages in lots and lots of sex to take down a political figure, and her dedication is on display fully from the front and back.

14. Ashley Judd in "Bug" - Mental illness, gasoline and frontal and dorsal nudity.

15. Olivia Wilde in "Alpha Dog" - Three other actresses show skin, including Amanda Seyfried ("Mean Girls") for a skinny-dipping adventure, but Wilde got the mention for her motel tryst.

16. Ana Claudia Talancon in "Alone With Her" - A peeping Tom's use of high-tech spying gadgetry pays off many, many times, including once with a steamy shower.

17. Danielle Harris in "Halloween" - More skin than the original.

18. Heather Matarazzo in "Hostel: Part II" -If you like your nudity disturbing, bloody and hung upside down, this is the movie for you.

19. Amber Valetta in "The Last Time" -This supermodel isn't wearing haute couture or doing runway.

20. Lucy Liu in "Blood Hunter" -Nudity in a vampire flick? Bloody likely! Cameron Richardson and Samaire Armstrong take it off, but it's Liu's topless turn in a lesbian tussle with Carla Gugino.

Mr. Skin and his team of "skinvestigators" view all non-adult titles for their nudity content and rates them on their "skintensity."