princess

Fashion Industry News

Kimora Lee's em-Phat-ic: She and Russell are in love Don't call Kimora Lee Simmons' marriage to Russell Simmons one of convenience. She'll be the first to tell you it's anything but. 'I am inconvenienced, s—!' she says. Kimora Lee Simmons is hosing down talk that her blissful marriage to hip-hop mogul Russell Simmons is a sham.Ever since they wed in 1998, the power couple has battled gossip that their union was one of "convenience" - that business, more than passion, held them together, and that their interests, shall we say, lay elsewhere.Kimora argues: "One thing my marriage is not is convenient. I am inconvenienced, s-! "Honey, Russell and I have been together 14 years," she adds. "That's almost half my life."The bodacious model and fashion czarina admits she and Def Jam founder have had their rough patches."The things we go through are very regular things that regular people in Middle America go through," she tells Margeaux Watson in Vibe Vixen magazine. Folks in Kenosha, Wis., may not have exactly the same issues. Take that time Russell slapped her picture on a Phat Farm T-shirt without her permission. "He didn't pay me, which is totally illegal," she points out. "That's like putting a print of Beyoncé on my shirt - she would sue the s- out of me! But I never did sue him. See, that's one of the things about being married. "I think he probably feels that he's paid me in so many other ways, and I feel like that's true," she said.Kimora's rep yesterday denied the couple was headed for divorce, even though career demands often keep them apart.A friend of the couple admitted that, even though Kimora is often seen with an entourage of girlfriends, "in private, she and Russell are very much in love."She clearly enjoys the bounty their union has brought her. "I don't apologize for my diamonds, Rolls-Royce, Range Rover or anything," she says. "Look, Queen Elizabeth has more diamonds than me. Why don't people attack her for it? And she even sounds flattered that Russell slapped her image on "a line of underwear - all over the boys' d-s ... I've been all over their a-; they just sittin' all over me."

Posted Image

Lindsay Lohan and Nicole Richie steal the show during Tommy Hilfiger's runway benefit for the 13th Annual Race to Erase MS in Century City, Calif., on Friday. Hilfiger created one-of-a-kind disco-inspired fashions for the event, which raised more than $2.7 million.

Posted Image

Lohan and Richie are joined by Hilfiger-clad buddies (from left) Stacy Keibler, Michelle Trachtenberg and Sophia Bush at the Race to Erase MS gala. The invite to the celeb-studded benefit commanded guests to "dress disco."

John Galliano for Dior

Autumn/Winter 2006-2007 Haute Couture fashion show in Paris July 5, 2006

blogs.reuters.com

Posted Image

Honey, get the Civic, we’re goin’ to play miniature golf!

Long, hot, American summer nights. It doesn’t get any better than this. And that’s when the wife really appreciates that John Galliano creation you got her for Mother’s Day. You had to order it from France over the Internet, but wasn’t it worth it? Open the sunroof, Babe, I think that headdress will just about fit through! You want a Dilly Bar, or a D.Q. Sandwich?

If you can think of other places where this outfit might come in handy, drop us a note via Comment….

Posted Image

Zoe regretted buying an outfit tagged “assembly required”

Still, the good news was that nobody else at the backyard barbecue was wearing the same thing, and the ability to wear a skirt where a necklace should go somehow appealed to her frugal nature. If you know a royal family missing a member, please drop us a line via Post a Comment.

Oswald Boateng for Givenchy

Spring/Summer 2007 men's fashion collection in Paris July 4, 2006

blogs.reuters.com

Posted Image

Allow extra time if you're going through airport security

When you're designing haute couture in aluminum foil, you've got the field pretty much to yourself. And since it's now generally accepted that aliens from outer space can at least try to blend in with Earthlings, whole new fashion worlds have been opened.

Edited by Cutielb99

He is a freak. I hate him. Do you think he had gastic bypass surgery? He lost almost as much weight as Star J, but Rosie hasn't written a poem about him on her blog-site :)

He is a freak. I hate him. Do you think he had gastic bypass surgery? He lost almost as much weight as Star J, but Rosie hasn't written a poem about him on her blog-site :)

No question he had the bypass surgery - doesn't he even admit it? actually you are right, I am sure he probably doesn't.He's a complete freak of nature - I have heard AWFUL stories about Lagerfeld from friends of mine who have had the displeasure of meeting and/or working with him.

Me too. Well, no one I know directly has worked with him, but when I lived in Paris for years I knew a lot of friends-of-friends stories, NONE of which made him sound like even an okay person. We probably have heard some of the same tales, Soho.

Kaiser Karl doesn't admit to any surgery. He's written a book about his "diet;" who knows. Maybe it's actually true? I mean, there are people who lose weight through healthy eating and exercise. But he strikes me as the coke/ heroin or bypass type.

Link to his book:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/157687251...7035905?ie=UTF8

Brinkley Splits from Fourth Husband Former supermodel Christie Brinkley is splitting from her fourth husband, architect Peter Cook. The estranged couple have been married for nearly 10 years and have eight-year-old daughter Sailor Lee. Brinkley's spokesperson Elliot Mintz confirmed the split to TV show Entertainment Tonight: "Yes, it's true. The couple has separated. Christie's primary interest at this difficult time is for the protection of her children and (she) would be most appreciative if people would be good enough to respect her privacy." The 52-year-old model, who appeared in the 1980s comedy National Lampoon's Vacation with Chevy Chase, has two other children from her previous marriages - Alexa, 20, and 11-year-old Jack. She was previously married to singer Billy Joel for nearly ten years and he wrote his hit "Uptown Girl" about her. Brinkley was also married to Jean-Francois Allaux from 1973 until 1981, and Richard Taubman from 1994 to 1995.

LOVELY LADIES

Linda Evangelista and Claire Danes give Italian designer Stefano Pilati something to smile about Tuesday night at the Serpentine Gallery annual summer party in London. The fete, thrown by Yves Saint Laurent's top dog, was also attended by Kristin Scott Thomas, Elle Macpherson and Mischa Barton.

Posted Image

Johnny Weir, Runway Queen

Perez Hilton

Posted Image

Are you ready Manhattan?

Brace yourselves for a force of fierce faggotry so powerful he will blow your Chanel socks away...while you're still wearing them!

Johnny Weir is set to take New York fashion week by storm this September. The U.S. figure skating champ will walk in the Heatherette fashion show, strutting his ass down the catwalk.

Work the runway, sweetie!

This is the most exciting news since Marc Jacobs and whatshisface getting back together, followed closely by Uncle Karl getting skinny and hating fat people.

---

Towlerload.com

Posted Image

Olympic Figure skater/pin-up Johnny Weir will make his modeling debut in a Heatherette fashion show in September, but not before he dons a Chanel dress and heels for BlackBook magazine. Nobody ever accused the boy of not knowing how to make a fashion statement.

Fashion line creates a suit for Beyonce Summertime, and the living ain't easy for Beyoncé, who's been hit with a breach-of-contract lawsuit. In the muggy doldrums of July, Lowdown's thoughts turn to civil litigation.Yesterday, bootylicious Beyoncé Knowles got smacked with a $1.5 million lawsuit by a man who claims she breached a contract and didn't pay him enough for brokering the launch of the House of Dereon, her clothing line.First Beyoncé. Manhattan businessman Greg Walker claims he introduced Jay-Z's girlfriend and her mom, Tina Knowles, to the folks over at Wear Me Apparel, Inc. (also defendants in his lawsuit), and that Beyoncé ponied up a pitiable $25,000 while Wear Me paid him only $85,000. While that might sound like a nice chunk of change, Walker maintains Beyoncé received "approximately $15 million" in the licensing deal - and his contract calls for him to get a whole lot more.Beyoncé's apparently vacationing spokeswoman didn't respond to detailed phone and E-mail messages.Asked for comment, Starwood didn't respond by deadline.

LOVELY LADIES

Linda Evangelista and Claire Danes give Italian designer Stefano Pilati something to smile about Tuesday night at the Serpentine Gallery annual summer party in London. The fete, thrown by Yves Saint Laurent's top dog, was also attended by Kristin Scott Thomas, Elle Macpherson and Mischa Barton.

Posted Image

Lovely ladies? Claire Danes looks awful! She looks older than Linda Evangelista! :blink:

Posted Image

Beyoncé – who finally spoke out about her romance with Jay-Z, telling Giant magazine, "We respect each other" – makes it a threesome with her rapper beau and singer Rihanna (not pictured) for dinner in New York City on Monday.

'Breakfast at Tiffany's' Dress to Be SoldAPThe dress that transformed actress Audrey Hepburn into one of cinema's most cherished characters is up for sale, London auction house Christie's said Wednesday. The iconic black gown Hepburn wore for her role as Holly Golightly in the 1961 film "Breakfast at Tiffany's" will go under the hammer Dec. 5, the auction house said. The Hubert de Givenchy-designed dress is expected to fetch 70,000 pounds (US$130,000, €102,500). Hepburn's Golightly is an eccentric New York socialite with a penchant for cigarettes and extravagant baubles. Opening scenes of the movie adapted from Truman Capote's novel of the same name show Golightly in the dress, emerging from a taxi on 5th Avenue with her brown-bag breakfast to ogle diamonds and luxury goods in the storefront windows of Tiffany & Co. Images of the Oscar-winning actress dressed as Golightly sporting gloves, an elaborate pearl choker and a trademark cigarette holder endure more than 40 years after the film's release. Hepburn, born in Brussels, Belgium, won an Academy Award in 1953 for her performance in "Roman Holiday," in which she starred with Gregory Peck. She went on to star in more than 20 films before becoming a goodwill ambassador for UNICEF. She died in 1993. Her movies remain popular favorites, and the "Breakfast at Tiffany's" dress itself continues to inspire. Givenchy head designer Riccardo Tisci recreated the famous gown's silhouette for the label's 2006 autumn/winter line including its cut-out crescent-shaped back. Proceeds from the auction will benefit City of Joy Aid, a charity that provides relief to impoverished children in India. The gown's current owners the founders of City of Joy Aid received it as a gift from de Givenchy. The Parisian couturier was famous for dressing the most glamorous women of the 1950s and 1960s, including Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Princess Grace of Monaco. Givenchy designed Hepburn's wardrobe for many of her films, including "Sabrina" and "Funny Face," a film about the French fashion world. He thought of Hepburn as his muse, and her willowy frame, long neck and intelligent face became hallmarks of 1960s beauty.

Quick & DirtyWET, SHINY &MOUTHING OFF How many times can Sandra Bernhard say "MAC Plushglass" in a single speech? About a gazillion, judging by her constant repetition of the phrase during a lunch hawking the Estée Lauder lip gloss at Michael's yesterday. "When I go to the airport tomorrow and they try to take my MAC Plushglass away from me, it's going to be World War III!" she vowed, more than living up to the lunch's theme, "Give 'Em Lip!" Meanwhile, another speaker, stylist Robert Verdi, neatly dissed the Hamptons: "I see these people on cement. I don't need to see them on sand."

Elle's shock over 'Body' double Klum Is Heidi Klum a "Body" snatcher?Fellow supermodel Elle Macpherson, who's been known as "The Body" ever since Time magazine dubbed her that in a 1986 cover story, has every reason to think so.This week, Klum has been claiming the title for herself in a saturation Victoria's Secret ad campaign for The Body bra. "They call me The Body — and now I have a bra named after me," the German hottie claims in TV commercials.But not so fast, Fräulein Klum!"We saw that and were like, Oh my god!" Elle Macpherson Intimates spokeswoman Melissa Edwards told Lowdown yesterday. "We were initially flabbergasted."Now it's a battle of the supermodel moguls — Macpherson, the 42-year-old, 6-foot Aussie mother of two, against Klum, the 33-year-old, 5-foot-9 mother of two (with one on the way).Elle's flack, Edwards, invoked the 1986 Time cover and added: "We have numerous press clippings in the office referring to her as 'The Body.' Everything from Harper's Bazaar to Vogue to the recent Sports Illustrated calls her that. In terms of public record, that name belongs to Elle."Macpherson markets her own skin-care line, "Elle Macpherson The Body," along with a lingerie brand and a fitness video titled "The Body Workout." Klum — who was once called "The Body Two," in deference to Elle — is a relative Heidi-come-lately, and didn't hit the United States until the late 1990s. Both Klum and Macpherson have been favorites of the Sports Illustrated annual swimsuit issue, and both appeared in the mag's latest.But what's up with "The Body" doubling? A spokeswoman for Klum and Victoria's Secret didn't respond by deadline to detailed messages.

Marc Jacobs’s Gay AdsOut fashion designer Marc Jacobs is taking homoeroticism from sexual to loving in his new ad campaign. Men.Style.com reports that the ads showcase makeup artist Dick Page and his husband, James Gibbs, in both their Manhattan apartment and their Long Island house. “You always see something more sexual and aggressive, a stereotype of gayness,” photographer Juergen Teller says. “For me, this ad is about two human beings loving each other.” To check out one of the adverts, click here.

Vera Wang Goes Slumming

Posted Aug 24th 2006 3:30PM by TMZ Staff

Vera Wang became famous for designing exquisite wedding dresses for everyone from Jennifer Lopez to Mariah Carey to Jessica Simpson. But soon even your Aunt Myrtle in Akron will be able to sport a Wang design of her very own.

Vera, who was crowned women's wear designer of the year in 2005, has teamed up with "value-oriented specialty department store" Kohl's to start a new brand called Very Vera Vera Wang.

The line won't include couture gowns (now what will Auntie Myrtle wear to the VFW?), but it will feature sportswear, intimate apparel, accessories, footwear, and linens and towels.

And while Wang's high-end fashions can cost up to $12,000, the Very Vera line will feature a more pedestrian-friendly price tag aimed at appealing to the ever popular middle-income woman.

Times must be tough in the fashion biz though, because Wang is just the latest high-end designer to peddle their more modest wares to the masses.

Target alone currently features (or has featured) the designs of world renowned designers Isaac Mizrahi, Mossimo, Todd Oldham, Cynthia Rowley, Steven Sprouse and Luella Bartley. Attention shoppers: walkoff in Aisle 3!

Very Vera Vera Wang will be available at Kohl's stores and online starting Fall 2007.

2006 Emmys --- The Red Carpet

Ellen Pompeo in a purple JOHN GALLIANO FOR CHRISTIAN DIOR siren gown.

Posted Image

---

Debra Messing in a tiered ALBERTA FERRETTI gown and CARTIER jewels.

Posted Image

---

Evangeline Lilly in a VERSACE strapless stunner and dazzling diamonds.

Posted Image

---

Katherine Heigl in ESCADA, accessorized with JIMMY CHOO shoes and clutch.

Posted Image

---

Sandra Oh in a lavender Vera Wang gown.

Posted Image

---

Tyra Banks in diamonds worth $3.5 million and a $55,000 GEORGES CHAKRA couture trumpet gown.

Posted Image

---

Kyra Sedgwick in an ARMANI PRIVÉ tulle confection.

Posted Image

---

Mariska Hargitay in a CAROLINA HERRERA gown with cascading flowers.

Posted Image

---

Julia Louis-Dreyfus in a black and white NARCISO RODRIGUEZ dress.

Posted Image

---

Portia De Rossi in a swirling gray ZAC POSEN gown and crimson satin clutch.

Posted Image

---

Calista Flockhart in a one-shouldered Grecian-inspired DEREK LAM gown.

Posted Image

---

Heidi Klum in a scarlet gown by MICHAEL KORS.

Posted Image

---

Eva Longoria in a plunging, bubble-skirted dress by JASON WU.

Posted Image

Edited by Cutielb99

2006 Emmys -- After-Parties

Paris Hilton in a beaded DIANE VON FURSTENBERG dress and quilted purse.

Posted Image

---

Jamie-Lynn Sigler in a MONIQUE LHUILLER gown.

Posted Image

---

REBECCA GAYHEART in a swingy RISER GOODWYN by ROSETTA frock and CHRISTIAN LOUBOUTIN pumps.

Posted Image

---

Sophia Bush in the ultimate little black dress by CALVIN KLEIN.

Posted Image

Madonna to Be Face of Louis Vuitton?

Madonna will be performing at a private party for Louis Vuitton next month - and the pop superstar is also reportedly being courted as the next face of the fashion house. The Material Girl will play at a bash in Prague, Czech Republic on September 8th. The day before she is playing in the city as part of her Confessions tour. Insiders report the 48-year-old is "very interested" in modelling for Louis Vuitton.