krysbabe

Wentworth Miller

Every actor has had a gay rumor attached to him, in today's Hollywood it's all part of the territory. Does it matter? No, there is no reason for them to stay in the closet. As for the paying public (women) they will eventually get used to the fact that most leading men are gay, and out of their reach and their fanasties don't mean sh*t. As for Matt Damon marrying a waitress, whats up with that! That soooooo not Hollywood.

Shhhh....don't say that! The Superfans will hear you!

Hee! I might just have to change my Trent Spent for Went [hey! that rhymed!] just so I won't feel left out. LOL

Dunno if posted already, but here ya go!Celeb Spotlight: Wentworth MillerGet the lowdown on the Prison Break starEOnline.comThursday Aug 25, 2005 6:00am ESTBy Emily Fromm Age: 33Hometown: Brooklyn, N.Y.Current gig: A Golden Globe nominee for playing a structural engineer who robs a bank and goes to jail – all so he can help his brother escape death row – in FOX's Prison BreakHe's not feeling pent-upMiller, who moved to L.A. after graduating from Princeton in 1995, has set up house in Chicago for Prison Break – which is filmed in a decommissioned penitentiary in Joliet, Ill. But he's not letting the authenticity of his workplace get to him. "The strange thing is, you get used to it," he says. "There is a pervasive atmosphere of gloom and doom, but sometimes you’re outside in the prison yard and the grass is green and the sun is shining and you’re hanging out with the cast and crew, and you forget. You’re having a good time. And then you’ll suddenly remember that if you were an actual inmate, you’d only be outside for an hour a day." His Hollywood experience hasn't always been glamorousBefore landing a starring role in the 2002 ABC miniseries Dinotopia, Miller worked in the entertainment industry for years – as an office temp. "When I walked into my studio test (for Prison Break), I’d temped for maybe a third of the room," he says. "It’s like 30 network executives sitting there, and some of them recognized me from the copy machine." Viewers, on the other hand, might recognize Miller from Mariah Carey videos (he played her love interest in clips for "It's Like That" and "We Belong Together") and 2003's The Human Stain (he portrayed the younger version of Anthony Hopkins's character). But you won't remember his face from his most recent big-screen role: He was the voice of the evil robot plane EDI in this year's Stealth. His inspiration? The 1968 sci-fi classic 2001: A Space Odyssey. "I certainly wanted to tip my hat to what is perhaps some of the best voiceover work ever done, certainly when you're talking about computers gone mad," he says. He's proud of his biracial heritageMiller's mother, a special-ed teacher, is white; his father, a former Brooklyn assistant district attorney, is black (they are now divorced). And although his Prison Break character is white, he says he looks for roles that are appropriate to his background – for example, in Human Stain he played a black man passing as white. Still, he realizes he's setting himself up for a challenge. "I’m one of those actors who’s going to have to create a space for themselves," he says. "It’s very easy to be the young Tom Cruise, because Hollywood knows what to do with you. But if you’re someone who’s bringing someone slightly left of center to the table, you’re not a sure thing." He's a man of simple pleasuresThe single actor, who says he hasn't had much time to explore his new hometown, Chicago, because "I'm literally behind bars five days out of seven," calls himself "a fairly boring person": "I go to the library, I do a lot of reading, I eat at Subway. When I need some boxers I go to the Gap." Miller, a former English major, has also been writing short stories and "as the cliché would have it, a script." But he insists his Ivy League education helps his acting as well: "I certainly learned how to break down a text at Princeton," he says, "which helps me break down a script – or at least that's the line I feed my parents when they start wondering where all that good money went." His parents do tend to worry. "When I've had my periods of unemployment," he says, "I'll get these e-mails from my father: 'I've read that the LAPD has a reservist program. Perhaps that's something you'd be interested in taking a look at.' " With Prison Break, his parents should be able to rest easy – and Miller won't have to deal with any real-life criminals.

boy, was he nervous at the globes when they announced the nominees! i kinda expected him to lose, but i'm really mad prison bread didn't win for the best drama - lost isn't that good this year, prison break is definitely edgier and fresher.

Wentworth Miller and Sarah "bulgy eyes" Wayne"I look posssessed" Callies after the Golden Globes atthe In Style and Warner Bros. Golden GlobeAfter Party at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.

Posted Image

Prison Break's Wentworth Miller leaves L.A. Wednesday for Chicago, where the show is filmed. The actor had been in town for the Golden Globes, where he was up for best actor.

Kristin of E!But the best scoop of the night (at least, something I didn't know) came from the sassy and bespectacled Kennedy (remember her from MTV?), who is now hosting a show called Reality Remix on Fox Reality channel. She walked right up to Wentworth on the press line and asked, "Is Wentworth your real name?" He nodded. She then asked, "What do you go by?" He answered...drumroll, please: "Went."

those pictures were awesome!i have serious grounds to think went is not gay - or mostly isn't gay - after watching his pics and and interview with kristin - the man has an awful fashion taste! no gay man in his right mind could wear that brown horror! ;)

ok, it all may just be wishful thinking, but hey, those clothes really ARE awful - what's up with the attachment to brown? even prison clothes look WAAY better on him! (or, preferably, no clothes at all) ;)