Sign in to follow this  
princess

Nicolas Cage

Nicolas Cage to star in upcoming 9/11 movie By Steve Gorman LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Actor Nicolas Cage will star as a real-life policeman who survived the collapse of the World Trade Center in what would be one of Hollywood's first films to dramatize the Sept. 11 attacks on America, Paramount Pictures said on Friday. Oscar-winning filmmaker Oliver Stone is on board to direct the untitled movie, which centers on the story of the last two men -- a pair of Port Authority police officers -- rescued from the rubble of the twin towers, Paramount said.The two officers, Sgt. John McLoughlin and William Jimeno, sold their life rights to the studio, providing the basis for the original screenplay by relative newcomer Andrea Berloff.Cage, who won an Academy Award for "Leaving Las Vegas," will play McLoughlin. No other casting decisions have been made, Paramount said.The Viacom Inc.-owned studio has given producers the go-ahead to begin work on the film, getting an apparent leg up on another 9/11 feature in development at rival studio Columbia Pictures, a unit of Sony Corp (NYSE:SNE - news).Columbia announced in February it had optioned screen rights to "102 Minutes," a book by two New York Times reporters chronicling the interval between the crash of the first hijacked airliner into the World Trade Center and the collapse of the first tower.No director or actors have been signed to the "102 Minutes" project, but Columbia has received a first script draft by Billy Ray, the writer and director behind "Shattered Glass," according to Hollywood trade paper Daily Variety.Word that Paramount had a film in the works dramatizing the 9/11 attacks came a day after London was rocked by a series of deadly bomb blasts that renewed anxieties about terror threats. A studio insider said the timing of its announcement was less than "ideal," precipitated only because Variety broke the story in its Friday edition.The fact that at least two major studios have embraced the subject of 9/11 marks a huge shift in Hollywood's attitude toward depiction of the suicide hijackings that claimed nearly 3,000 lives and prompted the U.S. global war on terrorism.In the immediate aftermath of the attacks, studios and broadcasters steered clear of any themes considered evocative of the tragedy. The trend has gradually swung the other way.Until now, stories about 9/11 have remained the province of film and TV documentaries, television dramas, or in big-screen fiction like Steven Spielberg's "War of the Worlds" featuring 9/11-like imagery.ABC is planning a miniseries drama based on the "9/11 Commission Report," the best-selling official government account of events surrounding the attacks. NBC recently pulled the plug on a similar project.

Oliver Stone is the absolute last director on earth that I would trust with this story.

Oliver Stone is the absolute last director on earth that I would trust with this story.

I absolutely agree w/ that above assessment Tyler.

anyway....nicholas cage is getting really skinny on his strange diet.

http://breakingnews.iol.ie/entertainment/s...478332&p=y844...

=184479275

Cage diet worries pals

28/07/2005 - 10:33:51

Friends of Nicholas Cage are worried the movie star is getting too thin, a

US magazine has claimed.

He has apparently been going on a crash diet, after seeing pictures of

himself looking far from his pin-up best.

According to Star magazine, the 41-year-old's scheme involves eating raisins

for breakfast and lunch, with carrots and celery for dinner.

Sometimes I wish I had these star's disipline. I know, I know, eating disorders are a disease... but sometimes I wish I'd get just a little sick. Just enough so that raisins and celery and carrots looked better to me then fishy crackers and take 5 bars and cheese. :D

Posted Image

Nicolas Cage and his wife of one year, Alice Kim – with baby on board – go for a boat ride in Vancouver on Sunday. The actor is north of the border filming the Neil LaBute thriller The Wicker Man.

Yes, it the waitress. Rumor always had it though she was a hooker, the waitress story was just a cover up. :huh:

(MSNBC.COM)Nicolas Cage becomes father for second timeOscar-winning actor, wife welcome baby boy, Kal-el Coppola, on Monday LOS ANGELES - Oscar-winning actor Nicolas Cage is a dad — again. Alice Kim Cage gave birth Monday to a boy, Kal-el Coppola Cage, in New York City, said the actor's Los Angeles-based publicist, Annett Wolf. No other details were available, the spokeswoman said."They are healthy and happy and it's quite lovely," Wolf said by telephone from New York.The couple married in July 2004. It was the third marriage for Cage and the first for his new wife, who was 20 when they married. They met when he visited a Los Angeles restaurant where she was working as a sushi waitress.Cage, 41, stars in the current movie release "Lord of War" and he won a best actor Oscar for "Leaving Las Vegas." He has a son from a previous relationship.The actor was previously married to Lisa Marie Presley and actress Patricia Arquette.

You are correct, Blue...I didn't even think of it? Nic does love the comics...I think he nicknamed himself after Luke Cage or something? Geeks unite!! :D

Nicolas Cage and Wife Welcome Baby Boy

Monday Oct 03, 2005 1:00pm EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

people.com

Posted Image

CREDIT: MICHAEL CAULFIELD / WIREIMAGE

Nicolas Cage and his wife, Alice Kim, welcomed their first baby, a boy, born Monday morning.

Kal-el Coppola Cage was born in New York City, Cage's publicist, Annett Wolf, tells the Associated Press.

"They are healthy and happy and it's quite lovely," Wolf says.

As it turns out, Kal-el is the comic-book birth name of Superman on the planet Krypton. The name Coppola, however, is Cage's family name. His uncle is the director Francis Ford Coppola.

Cage, 41, and Alice Kim, wed in a private ceremony in July 2004, just six months after they met at the Los Angeles nightclub Le Prive. At the time, Alice, a former sushi waitress, was 20 years old and living with her mother and siblings in nearby Granada Hills.

Cage, has another son, Weston, 14, from a previous relationship with ex-girlfriend Christina Fulton, with whom the Lord of War star shares custody.

Posted Image

CREDIT: X17

Cage was previously wed to singer Lisa Marie Presley (they divorced in 2002 after several months of marriage) and actress Patricia Arquette (they were married for 5 1/2 years, though they separated just nine months after their 1995 nuptials).

The actor said about his life since marrying Alice, "I don't want to say (I am) happy because that's too fragile a word, but I'm definitely content, and I'm hopeful about the future."

And as Cage’s National Treasure producer Jerry Bruckheimer told PEOPLE late last year about the couple: "He loves her and that's really nice to see. She makes him very happy."

Cage Names Son After SupermanLOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) - Nicolas Cage, who was once set to star in Tim Burton's doomed Superman project, hasn't let go of the Man of Steel. The Oscar winner and his wife Alice Kim Cage became the proud new parents of Kal-el Coppola Cage on Monday morning (Oct. 3). For those scratching their heads about the latest weird celebrity baby name, Kal-el is Superman's original Kryptonian name before he was adopted by lowly Earthlings and renamed Clark Kent. Publicist Annett Wolf says in a statement, "They are healthy and happy and it's quite lovely," Unfortunately, no vital statistics such as the baby's X-ray vision skills or crime fighting reflexes have been released. No doubt the happy parents are currently busy recuperating and baby proofing the house from any stray pieces of green meteorite. In a world where celebrities insist on naming their kids Apple, Moxie CrimeFighter, Audio Science or Pilot Inspektor, the Cages are really setting up baby Kal-el for failure. There's no way, unless he becomes irradiated, that he'll be able to leap over tall buildings or outrace a speeding bullet, much less a bully with something to prove. The moniker is sure to win the admiration of comic book geeks everywhere and the envy of Superman superfan Jerry Seinfeld, who didn't have the guts to name either of his two sons after his caped idol. His first son's middle name, however, is Kal. Cage, 41, met Kim, 21, in a sushi restaurant in Los Angeles in early 2004 and married in July the same year. Cage has a 14-year-old son with a previous relationship with actor Kristina Fulton. He was previously married to Lisa Marie Presley and actress "Medium" star Patricia Arquette. Cage recently wrapped shooting another comic book-inspired film "Ghost Rider" in Australia. He next stars in the dark comedy "The Weather Man," which opens nationwide Friday, Oct. 28

The Oscar winner and his wife Alice Kim Cage became the proud new parents of Kal-el Coppola Cage

Why do celebs insist on doing this to their children? Kal-el??? Give the poor kid a chance.

Not like the kid didn't already have enough problems, Ma is allegedly a ex-ho(callgirl), Dad is Nicolas "Both ways" Cage... :rolleyes:

Not like the kid didn't already have enough problems, Ma is allegedly a ex-ho(callgirl), Dad is Nicolas "Both ways" Cage... :rolleyes:

I never heard Nic went both ways.....what is the gossip on that? Do tell! Also...Im not on the up and up on the whole superman thing. How do you pronounce that name? Like "Call-el"?

Also I really find it funny after going through all these threads that they always refer to Alice as a sushi waitress....I guess if she was a hooker when she met Cage then it really is not a lie to call her a sushi waitress huh?

Nic Cage has a lot of rumors about him...High School dropout(fact)...Snuff film collector, drug addict, swinger of both ways...there were rumors about him and James Franco spending time together away from the set of his film Sonny.

Blind Item

The Hollywood star is convinced that acting can reform prisoners

By: Entertainment News Staff

Nicolas Cage has decided to visit prisons, in an attempt to teach criminals how to act. He really is f'cking nuts....... :rolleyes:

The Adaptation star is convinced that people who use their anger in negative ways could also use acting skills for releasing their frustration.

"One day I would love to go to a prison and maybe try to teach convicts to act", Cage told reporters from the British film magazine Empire.

"I believe that if I could get to those youngsters when they are at a juvenile age and give them a place to express themselves, in a play or in a video, they could get their anger out there, instead of in a wrong direction”, the 41-year-old actor added.

"Art can help you, I believe. Art is like a medicine. In my own case, I was a young man, I was 16 and I was angry. I don't know why and I don't want to get into that. But acting got that out, and I'd like to give that chance to others.", The Face/ Off star concluded.

Nicholas Cage, who will next be seen in “The Weather Man” and “Ghost Rider”, is currently working on Ant Bully, in which he voices Zoc, and has signed on to star in “Next”, “Amarillo Slim”, “Time Share”, “National Treasure 2” and “Electric God”.

Cage will also appear in the Untitled Oliver Stone/September 11 Project.

(IMDB.COM)Cage Forgives Penn for "Not an Actor" RemarkHollywood star Nicolas Cage has forgiven his Fast Times At Ridgemont High co-star Sean Penn for blasting his film choices, insisting he welcomes badly received movies. In 1999, Penn famously declared, "Nic Cage is no longer an actor. He's more like a performer", after Cage appeared in several blockbusters movies, including Face/Off and Con Air, over gritty, low-budget dramas. In reflection, Cage admits he has no hard feelings towards Penn and is open to both bad and good movies on his filmography. Cage says, "That was his opinion and, you know, we've since left it all behind us. But I think at any time an actor does something unusual it's going to be met with a certain amount of criticism. I've actively searched for that. When I did Peggy Sue Got Married I wanted to play the character with this ridiculous voice and look, and I knew that it would be criticised, but I thought it's more interesting to take the bad critical hits and know that you've really done something."

HOG-WILD CAGE MOTORCYCLE aficionado Nicolas Cage paid a visit to Orange County Choppers in Montgomery, N.Y. — where TV's "American Chopper" is filmed — to talk to the show's stars, Paul Teutul Sr. and his sons Paulie and Mikey, about building him a custom chopper. Cage dropped by with former Port Authority cop John McLaughlin, who is portrayed by Cage in Oliver Stone's untitled 9/11 movie. The film details the story of McLaughlin and his partner William J. Jimeno, the last two survivors rescued from the rubble of the World Trade Center. Look for Cage to be riding one hell of a hog when he stars in "Ghost Rider," the screen adaptation of the motorcyle-riding comic book antihero.

Posted Image

A mustachioed Nicolas Cage greets fans outside the Late Show with David Letterman studio in New York City on Monday. The new father chatted about his comedy The Weather Man (out Oct. 28) and his 3-week old son's name, Kal-el. Cage confessed he chose Superman's Kryptonian moniker because it stood for something good.

(IMDB.COM)Cage Chose Kal-El for "Magical Ring" Hollywood actor Nicolas Cage decided to call his baby son Kal-El because he believes the name has a "magical ring" to it. Cage, 41, and his 21-year-old wife Alice welcomed the arrival of their first child together earlier this month, and stunned fans when they announced the baby's unusual name, which was originally given to fictional superhero Superman at birth. The Leaving Las Vegas star says, "Alice and I wanted to have a name that was exotic and American and which stood for something good, because our son is exotic and he's American and we both think he's good. But having said that, I always liked the sound of the name. It has kind of a magical ring to it: Abracadabra Kal-El Shazam!"