Sign in to follow this  
Kath

Celeb "WTFs?"

Actor Jeremy London kidnapped, forced to use drugs at gunpoint

June 17, 2010

Jeremy-london-kidnapped-drugsPrime-time soap actor Jeremy London suffered some harrowing real-life drama last week, when the star was kidnapped in the California desert and forced to smoke drugs at gunpoint, according to reports.

London was fixing a flat tire outside a hotel in Palm Springs when two men approached to help, local police confirmed in a statement to E! Online.

After helping secure a new tire, the pair held London, known for roles on "7th Heaven" and "Party of Five," at gunpoint and forced him to chauffeur them around the city.

"The gunman forced London to drive to various locations throughout the city, purchase alcohol and use illicit drugs," police said in the statement.

The illicit substance was "dope," crack cocaine or amphetamines, reports Radar Online. The act is particularly egregious considering that London is a recovering drug addict.

After nearly 12 hours of captivity, London escaped (how he escaped is still unknown) and contacted police about 2:35 a.m. the next morning.

London's car was found in a Palm Springs development called Gateway Estates, with an arrest made later that day -- 26-year-old Brandon Adams, who has been charged with kidnapping, robbery and vehicle theft.

"Thankfully, Jeremy London survived his terrorizing ordeal in Palm Springs last week -- although understandably shaken and scared, he is currently working closely with law enforcement as they investigate the horrific turn of events," a rep for London told E! News.

"Jeremy is spending quality time in an undisclosed location with family and friends, and appreciates the overwhelming support from his fans."

In September 2009, London checked into rehab to treat an addiction to prescription drugs.

"There were times I didn't care if I died," he told People magazine of his addiction. "I felt like I was losing everything."

-- Matt Donnelly, LATimesblog

Is Jeremy London's Kidnapping Story Falling Apart?

Today 11:05 AM PDT by Josh Grossberg

Jeremy London's alleged kidnapper is talking—and predictably denying the allegations against him. But who's telling the truth in this high-profile he said-he said drama?

In a jailhouse interview with RadarOnline.com, Brandon Adams said there was never any abduction. Instead he claimed the actor approached him and the two went on a mutual "joyride" at the behest of London who was looking to score some prescription drugs, specifically Xanax and Oxycontin.

"There was no gun. There was never a pipe," Adams told Radar. "We got drunk and I hooked him up with some Ecstasy and Xanax and we took a joyride and partied for hours."

Not so fast, according to London's spokesman, Dominic Friesen, who smacked down the suspect's story.

The rep said allegations that the Seventh Heaven star—who was busted for marijuana possession back in 2004 and had a prescription pill problem—had relapsed were false and described Adams' tale as a sign of desperation.

"Jeremy London has consistently passed all random drug testing administered by the State of California and has successfully maintained his sobriety," said the rep. "The recent jailhouse statements by Mr. Adams are nothing more than a fabricated and false account of the night in question. He is desperate to avoid a life sentence behind bars and will say anything to avoid the serious charges the D.A. has filed against him."

Last week, London went public about the June 10 incident in which the 37-year-old actor alleged he was held at gunpoint by two men while changing a flat tire and then driven around for 12 hours while being forced to smoke drugs and hand out alcohol in a gang-infested part of the city.

Adams, 25, related his account of the ordeal that's landed him in a Palm Springs lockup on $500,000 bail. He was due in court this morning but his attorney asked for a continuance until July 15.

He said he and his uncle were hanging outside a local 7-Eleven hoping to get someone to buy them a beer when London and his wife, Melissa, drove up with a flat tire. He didn't know London was an actor but noted that he appeared to be "acting really strange. . .pacing and sweating and he looked tweaked out. His wife was acting paranoid too."

At that moment he said a police cruiser came by, prompting a "skittish" reaction from Jeremy and Melissa; in fact, they studiously avoided the officers by running into the store.

According to Adams, after the cops left, so did the former Party of Five star and his missus. Adams and his uncle then walked to a bus stop when they noticed the pair trying to fix the flat on their rented black Ford Focus near an alley. When Adams offered to help, that's when he says London asked him about the drugs.

"As soon as we got in the car, Jeremy asked us if we could get him five Xanax and five Oxycontin," said Adams. "Melissa was asking for Xanax too. I told him I could hook him up but that I wanted a couple of beers. He agreed."

Melissa asked Jeremy to take her home. Reflecting on the alleged kidnapping later, she said authorities told the family that gunpoint robberies that included forced drug-taking were a pretty common occurrence in the area, remarks which drew a sharp denial from the Palm Springs Police Department.

After dropping her off, Adams said the men drove around the neighborhood, "handing out beers to my friends. . .having a good time" before London became annoyed and demanded he get him some pills.

After procuring them, the duo ended up at the suspect's home with his wife and six kids.

"I hadn't been able to get any Xanax or Oxycontins up to that point, but I was finally able to get him three ecstasy and three xanax pills. He took all six pills at once. He was out of his mind high," recalled Adams.

He also dismissed Melissa's claim that London escaped with the help of one of Adams' cohorts, saying he dropped him off in his neighborhood where the actor checked into a hotel.

Palm Springs police executed search warrants yesterday on the homes of two unidentified suspects connected to Adams, but no other arrests have been made in the case.

But giving Adams' account some credence has been the reaction of London's twin, Jason, and his mom Debbie Nelson who have spoken out about their concern for Jeremy. Jason called his purported kidnapping a "cry for help" and urging him to use the moment as an opportunity "get the help he needs."

Follow @eonline on Twitter!

Read more: http://ca.eonline.com/uberblog/b187468_jer...l#ixzz0rq47oNyM

Well, we certainly kicked this thread off again with a doozy! WTF indeed. Did he seriously think that story would fly? Sounds like that episode of Six Feet Under.

Friday, June 25th 2010 from dlisted.com

Crackhead In A Tree

You know what Jeremy London's "kidnapped and forced to smoke crack" saga has been missing? Well, except for the truth. It's been missing a big ass fucking tree, and now we've finally got one! Right after Jeremy supposedly escaped from his kidnappers (HA!), he showed up to a Ramada Inn at 2 in the morning. The clerk on duty at the time told Radar that Jeremy was tweaked out of his skull and acting all sorts of wrong. Why wasn't this shit recorded in front of a live studio audience?!

The clerk said (this really needs a laugh track), "I was at the front desk and suddenly I looked outside and there's this grown man clawing his way up one of the trees. He kept trying to shimmy his way up but he couldn't do it."

Jeremy finally gave up and he went into the lobby and told the clerk, "Do you know who I am? I'm Jeremy London. I need a room."

There's a question on the SATs that asks, "Do You Know Who I Am?" with a picture of Jeremy London next to it. The correct answer is "NO." So obviously, Jeremy didn't do too well on his SATs.

Ugh. Depresses me that little girls learn from stories like this that when they grow up, they'd make less money being an editor, a pediatrec ER doctor, a profesor or a scientist than getting accidentally knocked up by a famous soccer player!

from celebichy

Okay, I’m starting to think Cristiano Ronaldo is the Portuguese Gerard Butler. The man seems like a total dog, but he also seems totally unapologetic about it, which is somewhat admirable. I mean, if you’re going to f-ck everything that moves, why not be honest about it? So the mystery baby-mama of Cristiano Ronaldo’s newborn son has been revealed, sort of. We still don’t know her name, but The Mirror reports that she was a penniless American waitress who Ronaldo met on a New York City layover. They had a one night stand, and she got pregnant. She went to Ronaldo’s management team, who went to Ronaldo’s mother, who worked out the current arrangement, where - after the paternity test confirmed - the girl would give birth, and the child would come to live with Ronaldo and his family. The waitress also got paid 10 million pounds for the whole deal - approximately $15.3 million. Guess what Ronaldo’s come-on to the waitress was? “Me, you, f-ck, f-ck.” Oh, you sweet talker.

The mother of Cristiano Ronaldo’s baby is a penniless American waitress who the football star seduced with the line: “Me, you, f*** f***.”

But his chat-up line was so blunt, she didn’t understand it. So Ronaldo resorted to drawing a love heart on a misted-up window and said: “Me, you, kiss!” Then he whisked her back to his hotel for a one-night stand which left the girl pregnant - and Ronaldo with a £10million paternity bill.

Most of the world believed that Ronaldo had actually used a surrogate mother to have his baby - but the Sunday Mirror can reveal the truth of his sudden unexpected fatherhood. And how, after hearing the baby was his, he told friends “I feel like Boris Becker” - a reference to the tennis star who fathered a love-child after having sex just once in a London restaurant - which cost him £20m.

The £200,000-a-week striker used his best friend to help broker an exclusive paternity deal in New York, supervised by his fearsome mother Dolores Aveiro, to bring the baby back to Portugal. Ronaldo has told friends he won’t tell the boy the identity of his mother until his 18th birthday.

Football fans reacted with disbelief when Ronaldo, whose conquests include socialite Paris Hilton and reality TV star Imogen Thomas, suddenly announced on July 3 that he had a son. In a cryptic message posted on Facebook, he told how the baby’s mother wanted to remain private and declared: “My son will be under my exclusive guardianship.” He later said the baby had been named Cristiano after him. And the little boy’s mother has been paid a life-changing $15.1million to keep her identity confidential and to hand the child over to Ronaldo’s family.

Last summer, on a trip to Los Angeles that would see him hooking up with Paris Hilton, Ronaldo strutted into a restaurant and spotted the future mother of his son. A friend said: “Ronni looked the girl in the eye and said extremely directly: ‘Me, you, f*** f***.’

“She was taken aback and just said: ‘What!’ She didn’t actually understand what he meant. She was totally nonplussed. The window by his table was steamed up, so he drew a love heart on it with his finger. Then he said, ‘Me, you, kiss,’ and the penny dropped.

“That’s typical Ronni - he pretends his English is terrible when it suits him, and he comes straight to the point. It was just yet another one-night stand and Ronnie assumed he would never see her again.” But after finding out she was pregnant, and convinced Ronaldo was the only possible father, the woman tracked him down through his agent, Jorge Mendes.

Mendes told Ronaldo, who immediately told his no-nonsense mother Dolores, 55, and sisters Elma, 34, and 33-year-old Liliana Cátia.

It was agreed that Ronaldo would give DNA for a paternity test once the baby was born and provide support for the mother and child if it proved to be his. The friend revealed: “Cristiano was told the result while he was away at the World Cup.” And then Dolores stepped in. The friend said: “Ronni is a multi-millionaire playboy, but when it comes to family, he’s very much his mother’s son. They are a close-knit, traditional Roman Catholic family and the minute paternity was established there was absolutely no doubt that Ronni would be doing the right thing. There was simply no question of him walking away. Even if he had wanted to, Dolores just would not have entertained it for one moment. This is her grandchild and there was only one option for the child’s upbringing - with her and her daughters in Portugal. The child’s mother would be properly provided for to enable her to live a life in keeping with the upbringing the child will have.”

“Ronni has not decided whether to involve the mother in his son’s life. He thinks he might tell him who she is. Dolores’s view is that if the child eventually decides to make contact with the mother, it is important she is living an affluent lifestyle. It would offend Dolores for the child to find his mother living in poverty. It’s a huge amount of money, but Ronni insists it’s not a big deal because he’s worth £100million and he’s got the best part of his career ahead of him still.”

Despite being voted FIFA Player of the Year in 2009 and moving to Real Madrid from Manchester United for a recordbreaking £80million last year, Ronaldo had a poor World Cup in South Africa. Tipped to be one of the mega-stars of the tournament, he scored just once in five games, prompting speculation about his indifferent form.

But his friend insisted: “Ronni said was pleased to become a father, even though he hadn’t planned to have the child. He hasn’t even told his closest friends who the mother is. I had guessed she was a Bunny Girl from Vegas, but she isn’t a well-known party girl or socialite. She had hardly a dime to her name until she was paid by Ronni.”

Meanwhile Ronaldo has shown no sign of curbing his womanising.

A source said: “This week he has on Facebook contacting women who will talk dirty. He is determined to be the best father he can - but he doesn’t equate that with having to settle down.”

This week the public got a glimpse of the child when the baby was rushed to hospital after suffering a mystery illness at home in the Algarve.

[From The Daily Mirror]

My favorite part is this line: “They are a close-knit, traditional Roman Catholic family and the minute paternity was established there was absolutely no doubt that Ronni would be doing the right thing.” The right thing, in this case, was apparently to pay the woman off and take her baby from her and set the baby up with the father’s mother and sister? BECAUSE THEY’RE CATHOLIC. Why do some Catholics believe in this salad bar of traditions? Like, Ronaldo will f-ck anything that moves and that’s okay, but when a girl gets knocked up, all of a sudden the Church gets involved in what’s wrong and right?

Ugh. Depresses me that little girls learn from stories like this that when they grow up, they'd make less money being an editor, a pediatrec ER doctor, a profesor or a scientist than getting accidentally knocked up by a famous soccer player!

from celebichy

Okay, I’m starting to think Cristiano Ronaldo is the Portuguese Gerard Butler. The man seems like a total dog, but he also seems totally unapologetic about it, which is somewhat admirable. I mean, if you’re going to f-ck everything that moves, why not be honest about it? So the mystery baby-mama of Cristiano Ronaldo’s newborn son has been revealed, sort of. We still don’t know her name, but The Mirror reports that she was a penniless American waitress who Ronaldo met on a New York City layover. They had a one night stand, and she got pregnant. She went to Ronaldo’s management team, who went to Ronaldo’s mother, who worked out the current arrangement, where - after the paternity test confirmed - the girl would give birth, and the child would come to live with Ronaldo and his family. The waitress also got paid 10 million pounds for the whole deal - approximately $15.3 million. Guess what Ronaldo’s come-on to the waitress was? “Me, you, f-ck, f-ck.” Oh, you sweet talker.

The mother of Cristiano Ronaldo’s baby is a penniless American waitress who the football star seduced with the line: “Me, you, f*** f***.”

But his chat-up line was so blunt, she didn’t understand it. So Ronaldo resorted to drawing a love heart on a misted-up window and said: “Me, you, kiss!” Then he whisked her back to his hotel for a one-night stand which left the girl pregnant - and Ronaldo with a £10million paternity bill.

Most of the world believed that Ronaldo had actually used a surrogate mother to have his baby - but the Sunday Mirror can reveal the truth of his sudden unexpected fatherhood. And how, after hearing the baby was his, he told friends “I feel like Boris Becker” - a reference to the tennis star who fathered a love-child after having sex just once in a London restaurant - which cost him £20m.

The £200,000-a-week striker used his best friend to help broker an exclusive paternity deal in New York, supervised by his fearsome mother Dolores Aveiro, to bring the baby back to Portugal. Ronaldo has told friends he won’t tell the boy the identity of his mother until his 18th birthday.

Football fans reacted with disbelief when Ronaldo, whose conquests include socialite Paris Hilton and reality TV star Imogen Thomas, suddenly announced on July 3 that he had a son. In a cryptic message posted on Facebook, he told how the baby’s mother wanted to remain private and declared: “My son will be under my exclusive guardianship.” He later said the baby had been named Cristiano after him. And the little boy’s mother has been paid a life-changing $15.1million to keep her identity confidential and to hand the child over to Ronaldo’s family.

Last summer, on a trip to Los Angeles that would see him hooking up with Paris Hilton, Ronaldo strutted into a restaurant and spotted the future mother of his son. A friend said: “Ronni looked the girl in the eye and said extremely directly: ‘Me, you, f*** f***.’

“She was taken aback and just said: ‘What!’ She didn’t actually understand what he meant. She was totally nonplussed. The window by his table was steamed up, so he drew a love heart on it with his finger. Then he said, ‘Me, you, kiss,’ and the penny dropped.

“That’s typical Ronni - he pretends his English is terrible when it suits him, and he comes straight to the point. It was just yet another one-night stand and Ronnie assumed he would never see her again.” But after finding out she was pregnant, and convinced Ronaldo was the only possible father, the woman tracked him down through his agent, Jorge Mendes.

Mendes told Ronaldo, who immediately told his no-nonsense mother Dolores, 55, and sisters Elma, 34, and 33-year-old Liliana Cátia.

It was agreed that Ronaldo would give DNA for a paternity test once the baby was born and provide support for the mother and child if it proved to be his. The friend revealed: “Cristiano was told the result while he was away at the World Cup.” And then Dolores stepped in. The friend said: “Ronni is a multi-millionaire playboy, but when it comes to family, he’s very much his mother’s son. They are a close-knit, traditional Roman Catholic family and the minute paternity was established there was absolutely no doubt that Ronni would be doing the right thing. There was simply no question of him walking away. Even if he had wanted to, Dolores just would not have entertained it for one moment. This is her grandchild and there was only one option for the child’s upbringing - with her and her daughters in Portugal. The child’s mother would be properly provided for to enable her to live a life in keeping with the upbringing the child will have.”

“Ronni has not decided whether to involve the mother in his son’s life. He thinks he might tell him who she is. Dolores’s view is that if the child eventually decides to make contact with the mother, it is important she is living an affluent lifestyle. It would offend Dolores for the child to find his mother living in poverty. It’s a huge amount of money, but Ronni insists it’s not a big deal because he’s worth £100million and he’s got the best part of his career ahead of him still.”

Despite being voted FIFA Player of the Year in 2009 and moving to Real Madrid from Manchester United for a recordbreaking £80million last year, Ronaldo had a poor World Cup in South Africa. Tipped to be one of the mega-stars of the tournament, he scored just once in five games, prompting speculation about his indifferent form.

But his friend insisted: “Ronni said was pleased to become a father, even though he hadn’t planned to have the child. He hasn’t even told his closest friends who the mother is. I had guessed she was a Bunny Girl from Vegas, but she isn’t a well-known party girl or socialite. She had hardly a dime to her name until she was paid by Ronni.”

Meanwhile Ronaldo has shown no sign of curbing his womanising.

A source said: “This week he has on Facebook contacting women who will talk dirty. He is determined to be the best father he can - but he doesn’t equate that with having to settle down.”

This week the public got a glimpse of the child when the baby was rushed to hospital after suffering a mystery illness at home in the Algarve.

[From The Daily Mirror]

My favorite part is this line: “They are a close-knit, traditional Roman Catholic family and the minute paternity was established there was absolutely no doubt that Ronni would be doing the right thing.” The right thing, in this case, was apparently to pay the woman off and take her baby from her and set the baby up with the father’s mother and sister? BECAUSE THEY’RE CATHOLIC. Why do some Catholics believe in this salad bar of traditions? Like, Ronaldo will f-ck anything that moves and that’s okay, but when a girl gets knocked up, all of a sudden the Church gets involved in what’s wrong and right?

If Ronaldo were a priest this would be the plot of a telenovela.

Also, I'm always wary about the "accidentally got knocked up" when it comes to athletes and celebrities.