Sign in to follow this  
Bette Davis

Simon Cowell

My son and I were watching tv when we heard of the breakup. I said, "I thought he was gay?" and my son said "he's not gay, he's British". It cracked me up and he swears he didn't mean it the way it sounded, lol. :wacko:

You people are crazy with the quaint Britannia thing! Of course he's gay - and bearding for England. :wacko:

Why do you think she's been given millions in keep-it-zipped money.

Cowell Laughs Off Body Freezing Claims

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Music mogul SIMON COWELL has laughed off reports he wants his body frozen after his death - insisting he was just joking.

The reality TV judge told guests at a private dinner hosted by Britain's Prime Minister Gordon Brown earlier this year (09) that he planned to have his body preserved in liquid nitrogen - in the hope scientists can find a way to bring him back to life.

He was quoted as saying, "I have decided to freeze myself when I die. You know, cryonics. You pay a lot of money and you get stuck in a deep freeze once you’ve been declared dead.

"Medical science is bound to work out a way of bringing us back to life in the next century or so, and I want to be available when they do. I would be doing the nation an invaluable service."

But a spokesperson for Cowell says the claims were exaggerated and never meant to be taken seriously.

Source: contactmusic

Simon Cowell: 'I Give Girlfriends a Signed Photo'

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Simon Cowell has revealed the most romantic gift he's ever given to a girlfriend is a photo of himself.

The American Idol judge - who recently split from longtime love Terri Seymour - says the ladies in his life always ask him for a signed picture, and he is only too happy to oblige.

He reveals, "The most romantic gift I have ever given them, and what they've all asked for, is a framed photo."

The music mogul - who is said to be worth around $200m - also dished that one former girlfriend, Jackie St. Clair, gave him papers to draw up his will.

He added, "It was a form to make my will."

Source: showbizspy.com

Paula Abdul: ‘Simon Cowell Loves me!’

Paula Abdul says Simon Cowell is starting to freak her out — by telling her he loves her!

The former American Idol judge says she is feeling “disturbed” after the 50-year-old music mogul repeatedly expressed his devotion.

“I’ve talked to Simon,” Paula told Fox News. “He misses me, and I know it. I talk to him a lot – he says he loves me and that is really disturbing to me.”

Paula — who left the Fox TV talent show earlier this year after eight seasons — admits she is struggling to come to terms with her decision to quit, but insists she’ll be watching the new series.

“I feel tremendously blessed to have made history with that show,” she said. “I felt like I was a mamma-bear to cubs and I was there to protect them. I’ll miss that but I’ll be rooting on everyone.”

Paula has also dismissed reports of rivalry between her and fellow judge Kara DioGuardi, insisting they are so close they used to live together.

“I literally discovered Kara and believed in her. She lived with me and we became the best roommates, we never fought,” she said.

Source showbizspy.com

Naughty Child Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell's mother has revealed he was a "difficult child".

Julie Cowell says the famously caustic music mogul started insulting her when he was just five years old.

The 82-year-old former dancer said: "Simon was a determined and often difficult child. When he was very small I bought a new hat and asked him if I looked nice in it. He replied, 'You look like a poodle.' "

Despite this, Julie insists her son is not as mean as he comes across on TV talent shows like 'The X Factor' and 'American Idol'.

She told Britain's Yours magazine: "It would only upset me if he really was a nasty person. Simon isn't nasty - he's just honest. I've always insisted on politeness, so when people say how pleasant Simon is, I mutter 'thank goodness'.

"It means more to me than his television career. Away from television Simon is just Simon, the same person he's always been."

Julie also revealed Simon vowed not to get married when he was a teenager.

She explained: "He said at 19 that he wouldn't get married. I thought he might change his mind, but he's now 50 and it doesn't look likely to happen."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Secret Psychologist Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell studies psychology.

The 50-year-old year old music mogul is fascinated by boosting his knowledge of people in a bid to ensure his business interests run more smoothly.

Westlife singer Mark Feehily - who recently appeared on Simon's UK TV talent show 'The X Factor' - revealed: "He's a very interesting person to talk to. He's got a big side of him that's interested in psychology. You kind of go into his office and there's books on psychology.

"He's a business man and business men need to know all of that sort of stuff."

Mark, 29, praised Simon for his "charm and intelligence" and admitted fans would be surprised if they got to know the real side of the 'American Idol' star, who has been dubbed 'Mr. Nasty' for his snide comments and putdowns.

He added to BANG Showbiz: "He's a very nice man and there's a lot more to him than what the public probably see. I think he's also a very private man as famous as he is and you know he doesn't show that side of him."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Donald Trump, Ryan Seacrest Beaten by Simon Cowell!

SIMON Cowell’s laughing all the way to the bank!

The American Idol judge has beaten The Apprentice host Donald Trump and Idol presenter Ryan Seacrest as the highest-earning man on US TV.

Cowell took home $75m, Trump $50m and Seacrest $38M — according to estimated pre-tax earnings from June 1, 2008 to June 1, 2009 compiled by Forbes.

Rounding out the top five: Two and a Half Men star Charlie Sheen, who netted $21 million, and Office star Steve Carell, with an estimated $21 million.

The remainder of the Top 10:

6. Howie Mandel ($15 million)

7. Kiefer Sutherland ($13 million)

8. Jeff Foxworthy ($11 million)

9. Hugh Laurie ($10 million)

Source: Showbizspy

'Idol' To Continue 'With Or Without Cowell'

Fox is apparently close to announcing a deal for three more seasons of American Idol, regardless of whether Simon Cowell returns as a judge.

The network's current contract keeps Idol on air until 2011, but the new deal would guarantee its future until a thirteenth season in 2014.

Cowell is only contracted for the upcoming ninth season of Idol, after which he is widely expected to quit in order to launch a US version of The X Factor on Fox in 2011.

The Hollywood Reporter claims that Fox is attempting to persuade Cowell to take a smaller role on Idol in 2011. One possible scenario being discussed would see Cowell judging only the Hollywood rounds but not the auditions.

American Idol returns January 12 on Fox.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Elton John won't take Simon Cowell's seat on 'Idol'

A representative for Sir Elton John has shot down reports the singer will take Simon Cowell's place on "American Idol" next year.

Cowell, who has been with the U.S. talent show since its inception in 2002, announced earlier this week that he will quit the program when his current contract expires in May.

His departure has prompted much speculation about who will replace him as a judge on the show - and the Rocket Man's name has been mentioned.

The singer/songwriter served as a guest judge on Idol in 2004, but his spokesperson insists he won't be taking a permanent position on the show in the future.

The rep tells GossipCop.com, "He is not going to be a judge."

Cowell has made it clear he'd like show host Ryan Seacrest to double up as a judge after he leaves.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

'Idol' To Continue 'With Or Without Cowell'

Fox is apparently close to announcing a deal for three more seasons of American Idol, regardless of whether Simon Cowell returns as a judge.

The network's current contract keeps Idol on air until 2011, but the new deal would guarantee its future until a thirteenth season in 2014.

Cowell is only contracted for the upcoming ninth season of Idol, after which he is widely expected to quit in order to launch a US version of The X Factor on Fox in 2011.

The Hollywood Reporter claims that Fox is attempting to persuade Cowell to take a smaller role on Idol in 2011. One possible scenario being discussed would see Cowell judging only the Hollywood rounds but not the auditions.

American Idol returns January 12 on Fox.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Well that's just craziness.

Cowell's Rep Denies He's To Be A Father

SIMON COWELL's representative has brushed off speculation the star is about to become a father for the first time with his rumoured former lover, British model JASMINE LENNARD.

Lennard, who found fame on U.K. reality TV show Make Me A Supermodel, recently announced she is pregnant, sparking speculation Cowell could be the dad after she refused to name the expectant father.

But the music mogul - who was linked to Lennard in 2006, but denied they were romantically involved - hasn't had contact with the reality TV star in over a year, according to Cowell's spokesperson.

The publicist says, "There is no point in asking (Cowell), when I know the answer. It is a lovely thought, but not unless it is a kind of divine conception. I don't think he has spoken to her for about a year."

Source contactmusic

Cowell 'Getting Serious' With New Love

Simon Cowell's rumoured relationship with make-up artist Mezhgan Hussainy is "getting serious", according to a report.

The 50-year-old stepped out for a dinner date in London with Hussainy and two friends at the weekend. It is thought to be the first time they have been seen in public together.

A source told The Mirror: "Simon is ready to let everyone know. Things between them are moving along very nicely indeed. Their relationship has been conducted under a cloak of secrecy but the situation has now changed."

Cowell was first linked to Hussainy, 36, last summer. They are said to have met while working on a makeover for Britain's Got Talent star Susan Boyle.

The insider added: "Simon is clearly very enamoured with Mezhgan - and it's little wonder why. She is absolutely stunning, not to mention incredibly intelligent and cultured."

A spokeswoman for the music mogul said: "We're not commenting. Simon's private life is private."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Simon Cowell's 'Everybody Hurts' makes history

Simon Cowell's all-star collaboration "Everybody Hurts" for earthquake-stricken Haiti has set a new record after becoming the U.K.'s fastest-selling charity single this century.

The "American Idol" judge recruited a host of stars, including Mariah Carey, Leona Lewis and Susan Boyle, to perform on the R.E.M. cover track in a bid to raise money for survivors of last month's tremor.

Since its release on Sunday, the song has already shifted more than 200,000 units - and it's on course to have the biggest first week sales of any single since 2000.

A spokesperson for the Official Charts Company says, "This is a phenomenal achievement. The public are certainly not showing any signs of charity fatigue."

R.E.M. have agreed to waive royalty fees, while all proceeds are being split between the Disasters Emergency Committee (DEC) and British newspaper The Sun's Helping Haiti campaign.

More than 230,000 people died in the disaster.

source: http://www.sfgate.com

Ryan Seacrest: 'Simon Cowell will never marry'

"American Idol" host Ryan Seacrest doesn't think Simon Cowell will marry girlfriend Mezghan Hussainy - because he's convinced the rumored engagement is one "big joke."

The music mogul sparked speculation he had proposed to Mezghan Hussainy after she was snapped sporting a diamond band on her ring finger following an intimate Valentine's Day date last month.

The TV judge's mother, Julie, has spoken of her excitement over the impending nuptials and Cowell has referred to her as "The One," even though the Brit's longtime publicist Max Clifford dismissed stories of an engagement.

And Seacrest, who fronts Cowell's singing contest, is adamant he will be shocked if the long-term bachelor makes the union official.

He tells Britain's Daily Star, "If Simon does get married it would be an even bigger event than the Oscars. I'm still not convinced that there's going to be a wedding, because I have known him for so long and I'm waiting for this to be a big practical joke.

"I'm expecting him to put out a press release like the Jonas Brothers, saying I too have given out a commitment ring. I honestly don't think there will be a wedding."

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0heSyJ0WV

'Natural' Father Simon Cowell

Simon Cowell is a "natural" father, according to his co-star.

Reality TV mogul Simon has recently got engaged to make up artist Mezhgan Hussainy and talked about his plans to settle down, get married and have children - and his colleague on the judging panel of 'Britain's Got Talent', Amanda Holden, thinks he will easily take to fatherhood.

The actress - who, judges the show with Simon and TV personality Piers Morgan - told New! magazine: "I've said to him that I hate it when he says he doesn't like kids because when he is around children he is great.

"Piers and I are parents but Simon seems the most natural one. I'd love to see him with kids. I'd be gobsmacked, but so thrilled."

She also jokingly suggested that the notoriously straight talking, hard to please judge, may have children who are as fussy as he is.

She added to Star magazine: "I'd love him to have children, but do we need any more Simons in this world? I mean, really?"

Speaking of Simon's relationship with Mezhgan, she told how they have become inseparable.

She said: "He's been acting teenagery and happy and light. They are like Tweedledee and Tweedledum. You can't separate them really."

Simon and Mezhgan are set to marry in the summer.

Source femalefirst