annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

This latest episode confused me. Last week, Miggy was Persona non Grata and this week she was everybody's friend and mother figure? I don't get that.

It was nice to see Team Yellow back in the game and it almost looked like Melissa's number may be up based on the preview snippets from next week's show, though that may be wishful thinking on my part. I'm starting to get worried about Darrell though, annabeast. He's getting more airtime, to be sure, but it all seems to hint that he's really struggling with injuries.

This latest episode confused me. Last week, Miggy was Persona non Grata and this week she was everybody's friend and mother figure? I don't get that.

It was nice to see Team Yellow back in the game and it almost looked like Melissa's number may be up based on the preview snippets from next week's show, though that may be wishful thinking on my part. I'm starting to get worried about Darrell though, annabeast. He's getting more airtime, to be sure, but it all seems to hint that he's really struggling with injuries.

Yeah, Maxiemom. He keeps mentioning his knees, but he also has back problems. Based on our limited knowledge, we think Darrell goes next week, but almost certainly the week after.

If it's one of the two, I vote for the week after. :) I really enjoy watching Team Black. I also enjoy Team Grey, but they rubbed me the wrong way last night for some reason. Team Yellow may well emerge as another feel good story too.

The preview snippets showed that they are going to singles and that someone gained a pound next week. That's usually the kiss of death come singles. I think it may have been Melissa, but again that may be wishful thinking on my part.

If it's one of the two, I vote for the week after. :) I really enjoy watching Team Black. I also enjoy Team Grey, but they rubbed me the wrong way last night for some reason. Team Yellow may well emerge as another feel good story too.

The preview snippets showed that they are going to singles and that someone gained a pound next week. That's usually the kiss of death come singles. I think it may have been Melissa, but again that may be wishful thinking on my part.

Since they are breaking into singles, then Andrea's weight loss must really kick in. Otherwise, you'd think it would be her, and not Darrell, going home, since his numbers have been respectable. And I hear you on Team Grey. Suddenly it's about the game with them? Last week it was about the weight loss.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Andrea's loss start to kick in to overdrive....not that she's been doing badly by any stretch, but they really seemed to go overboard with her comments in last night's episode about her being disappointed in her own performance. Why even go there with the limited solo air time she's had unless she's about to break free from that?

Edited by Maxiemom

I agree with what you guys said about team grey. I really like them, but now as the lose weight, they are starting to get caught up in game play. I was so glad that Michael won immunity - loved that he was getting into the challenge with eighties music running thru his head LOL. He really needs to be there ......

Go team Black ......

:GroupHug:

I agree with what you guys said about team grey. I really like them, but now as the lose weight, they are starting to get caught up in game play. I was so glad that Michael won immunity - loved that he was getting into the challenge with eighties music running thru his head LOL. He really needs to be there ......

Go team Black ......

Geez, what an episode. When we saw that the challenge was biathalon, we were dancing around. The Hough boys of Ann Arbor are very well known as being excellent shooters. My husband said Darrell can hit something from the hip at a 100 yards. So, the outcome is baffling in some ways.

AT LEAST that cow fell below the red line, but I think she planned to, to save her reputation after water loading, and to set herself up as a motivational speaker (she started down that road in her transformation moment... "I hope my story resonantes with people..."). And that milquetoast husband of hers is in on it. They knew she couldn't win the big money, so this was an artful part of the plan. I hate them both.

And yeah, looks like it is Darrell who goes home. We heard he lost 75 pounds, and we know the timing. But then that means that what we know so far about Andrea is true too, so GO DREA!!!!

I missed all but the last 15 minutes of the episode, but yeah....it was nice to see Melissa go. I'll have to catch it on Fine Living this weekend.

Go Drea!!!!!!

All thru the episode I kept saying to my daughter, Melissa has to go, Melissa has to go ...... Really I just could not stand to look at her face anymore ..... That red team is such game players.

My love for grey is starting to come back ....

Can't believe that we have to wait to find out the results of the challenge ....

Go Drea!

I had a feeling that there would be a week off on account of the Olympics once I heard over on the NBC boards that the red line was coming back and there would be a double elimination. Given the break, I'm not surprised they turned the yellow line portion in to a cliffhanger.

Visit from a Michigan relative today, spoiler ahead: ........................................ Appears that Andrea made it to the final four and was voted out somehow (this was after the home challenge, which in the past allows other players to put you at a disadvantage). Somewhere along the way she wins a car! Darrell has lost 135 pounds so far! Uncle Russ was vague on Andrea's loss, but was very emphatic that they both look fantastic. And it appears that Bob is at least her part-time trainer during the break, as there are references to "Bob" being around in some of her facebook posts. They are also keeping her busy, she had to fly out again at the end of this month for more BL stuff.

Wow....that is AWESOME news about both Darrell and Andrea, annabeast. Interestingly enough, a lot of people over at the NBC boards predicted that Andrea would make it to the Final Four. I don't post there often (and when I do, it's under a different name since someone already had "Maxiemom" when I signed up) but it sure is interesting to read the thoughts of people who don't have an inside scoop....and tough to keep my trap shut on instances like the Darrell/Cheryl cliffhanger where I "know something".

It sounds like the producers have gotten rid of the audience winnowing things down to the final three, though I suppose there's no need for that gimmick this season since the only patently unlikeable contestant is already gone.

It was great to see Karolee featured in Darrell's transformation video. And in case you didn't notice, Darrell was wearing the "met Karolee" jacket in his "after" photo in the last shot showing the difference from before :4biggrin: GO BLACK TEAM!

Andrea is so cool. I asked her if she would be one of the adventures for my daughter's Flat Stanley project, including a picture of her and Darrell with FS in their BL shirts, and she was really excited. So Stanley is presently in Michigan....

BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!! The behavior demonstarted by the cow Melissa virtually destroys her sick hopes of being a motivational speaker, and her poor whipped husband goes home and only loses 9 more pounds in that time frame!!! AND Koli wins the $10K? Did you see the body language of Lance and Melissa when that was announced??? PRICELESS!!!

BEST EPISODE SO FAR!!! The behavior demonstarted by the cow Melissa virtually destroys her sick hopes of being a motivational speaker, and her poor whipped husband goes home and only loses 9 more pounds in that time frame!!! AND Koli wins the $10K? Did you see the body language of Lance and Melissa when that was announced??? PRICELESS!!!

Imagine how much more Lance could have lost had he not eaten 17 cupcakes.....

TV Guide's preview for next week says that someone wins their way back on to the ranch. (I absolutely hate that gimmick, but that's another topic for another post....) Any inside scoop on who that may be, annabeast?

Now we are not so sure when Andrea gets sent home. That bike challenge was over Christmas, and we assumed they were down to four or five at that point. Beyond a few tidbits here and there, the Michigan family ain't talkin'. Andrea's facebook fan page indicates that both she and Darrell are still working out HOURS a day, and with the help of a trainer. She also stated that she looks very, very different.

Her posts, and her mother's, indicated a long filming day this past weekend. I'm hopeful Flat Stanley was part of it, since Andrea has not returned him to us yet.....

Now we are not so sure when Andrea gets sent home. That bike challenge was over Christmas, and we assumed they were down to four or five at that point. Beyond a few tidbits here and there, the Michigan family ain't talkin'. Andrea's facebook fan page indicates that both she and Darrell are still working out HOURS a day, and with the help of a trainer. She also stated that she looks very, very different.

Her posts, and her mother's, indicated a long filming day this past weekend. I'm hopeful Flat Stanley was part of it, since Andrea has not returned him to us yet.....

Hmm....interesting. I read somewhere that the finale is scheduled for May 25th, so between the three month lag between "real time" and "TV time" and the two month lag the finale and now I would have to think that everybody is home at this point.

I have to think that the Final Four is still a real possibility for Drea, especially since we do know that she won a car. The prizes tend to get much better as the finale gets closer (and let's face it, they've been pretty lame thus far compared to seasons past) and I can't imagine the need to send a camera crew to Michigan if she weren't still in it. Fingers crossed.

I do have to ask (since I am both childless and square)...who or what is Flat Stanley?

Hmm....interesting. I read somewhere that the finale is scheduled for May 25th, so between the three month lag between "real time" and "TV time" and the two month lag the finale and now I would have to think that everybody is home at this point.

I have to think that the Final Four is still a real possibility for Drea, especially since we do know that she won a car. The prizes tend to get much better as the finale gets closer (and let's face it, they've been pretty lame thus far compared to seasons past) and I can't imagine the need to send a camera crew to Michigan if she weren't still in it. Fingers crossed.

I do have to ask (since I am both childless and square)...who or what is Flat Stanley?

Flat Stanley is a children's book about a kid who becomes flattened when a bookcase falls on him. He discovers the silver lining: he easily travels the world because he can fit in an envelope. So kids make a paper Flat Stanley and send it off on "adventures", asking for participants to send pictures and stories.

When my now-16 year old was in fourth grade and doing the FS project, my husband's boss was the Ambassador in a European country. We sent Stanely there, and they did an amazing job for us. We had photos of Stanley at state dinners with the president of this country and his staff, and you could tell they were all trying not to laugh in the photo. They took him to NASA headquarters and took a picture of Stanley IN the space shuttle. Also, when they posed Stanley on some sort of control panel at NASA, a gust blew him between some of the machinery and all hell broke loose. It still touches me to this day that this couple did all that for us. We are thinking about seeing if we can get a picture of Stanley with Arnold Schwarzzenager, since Miike's boss is a close friend.

Thanks for the explanation on Flat Stanley, annabeast. That's really cool....both the places that you've sent Flast Stanley in the past and the fact that Drea and Darrell are carrying on the tradition.

Dude. I was just on Andrea's personal Facebook, and Allison Sweeney posted a note to her. Cool.

No news. Still haven't gotten Flat Stanely back, but looking forward to it.

Edited by annabeast