annabeast

Biggest Loser - Families

Very cool :)

Wouldn't it be neat if Flat Stanley makes an appearance at the finale?

That WOULD be cool, except that Stanley is due back in Mrs. Loock's class, complete with a story to tell, on May 1. :smileapprove:

So how much did you love the outcome of last night's episode, annabeast?

:D

ETA: Looks like next week's episode features two contestants who win cars per the episode description.

Edited by Maxiemom

So how much did you love the outcome of last night's episode, annabeast?

:D

ETA: Looks like next week's episode features two contestants who win cars per the episode description.

OOO, I missed the reference to the car! Okay, I won't panic. That milestone was what we were looking for because that is all we have to know that she is in during a following week. Once it passes, we are in the dark again, until we get further hints. I hope it isn't one of those greed games.

And yes, I loved the ending last night! I actually knew what was going to happen before it did because, for the first time, people started flooding her facebook with results. The animosity to Melissa (who I call The Crow) is intense.

Isn't Earth Day coming up soon? I know they've honored it in past seasons and I believe Bob was/is an endorser for the Civic Hybrid. Given the frequency of cross promotions and all, hopefully it's something "earthy" and not "greedy".

I'm thinking Makeover Week has got to be coming up real soon now that they are in single digits for remaining contestants. That's usually my favorite episode, but the last few seasons have been rather underwhelming. Let's hope they buck that trend....especially if Drea is there to participate.

Awww, bummer. Now who am I going to root for??? Probably Daris, because I like that he voted to bring Darrell back. It is, after all, all about the Houghs. And didn't Darrell look amazing in the homecoming part? Maybe he has a shot at the at-home prize.

The car part is awesome, but we were laughing. Winning a car on the Biggest Loser may be the only reason she'll be forgiven for driving a foreign-made car in Michigan! And that driving up in the car part was fake... she just picked out her car about a month ago. But still, if Drea had to win a challenge before she left, I'm glad it was that one!

Thanks Chitchat friends for helping me root for them!

I didn't see the episode as school let out late last night but I did catch wind of the final outcome when I got home just after 10:00 EST. I'll have to check out the re-run on Fine Living this weekend.

I hear you on the foreign car bit. My parents currently live in Pittsburgh but my dad spent a fair amount of time working in Detroit....definitely not areas where I'd recommend pulling in to the driveway behind the wheel of the Nissan. :D

As for rooting from here on in, I'm honestly torn. I'm really kind of "meh" on everybody that's left but I have a sinking feeling that if the producers have their way this is going to be Sunshine's game to lose. Her on camera portrayal just feels too much like Ali Vincent 2.0.

The previews show O'Neal have a rather violent outburst, followed by him falling and getting injured. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of the whole lovey father-daughter crap they are showing, so that scene probably sheds light on an aspect of O'neal that they previously ignored.

Drea was doomed last night. If it wasn't Sam up there with her, it would have been Sunshine -- both people with a teammate still in the house.

She's now posting "after" pictures on Facebook, only a couple so far, but she looks great! It's a trip to see some of the contestants and Allison Sweeney posting to her page!

I read in the episode description for next week that someone gets bad news right before the weigh in, and a poster over at the NBC boards (Sunshine's cousin; presumably O'Neal's niece too) mentioned something about O'Neal's brother passing while he was at the ranch. I'm wondering if that's when it happened and the violent outburst/injury shots are two separate incidents?

I'm very sad to see Drea gone as well but I'm glad to hear that she is doing well and has embraced her new way of life. Any updates on Flat Stanley's whereabouts? :D

I read in the episode description for next week that someone gets bad news right before the weigh in, and a poster over at the NBC boards (Sunshine's cousin; presumably O'Neal's niece too) mentioned something about O'Neal's brother passing while he was at the ranch. I'm wondering if that's when it happened and the violent outburst/injury shots are two separate incidents?

I'm very sad to see Drea gone as well but I'm glad to hear that she is doing well and has embraced her new way of life. Any updates on Flat Stanley's whereabouts? :D

:4biggrin: Flat Stanley... still MIA. But I'll post the pictures when we get them back!

Amen!!!!

I'm wondering if there may be a ray of hope next week though per the episode description over at Yahoo/TV Guide:

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-biggest-loser/show.../episode/236603

Episode Description

Originally Aired: April 27, 2010

It’s an exciting week for the remaining seven contestants as they head to Dallas to inspire Texans to get healthy and join them as they run a 5K at the Cotton Bowl. Then its off to a rodeo for a wild challenge involving wrangling calves that will grant immunity to the lucky winner at this weeks weigh-in. In addition, with only seven contestants left, it becomes clearer than ever who is willing to do whatever it takes to be in the final four. Also, season eight fan favorite Abby Rike makes a special appearance this week and invites Jillian to speak at her old high school. Later, back at the ranch, elimination leaves one player feeling very much alone.

It sure sounds like one of the teams is finally getting split up, doesn't it?

Amen!!!!

I'm wondering if there may be a ray of hope next week though per the episode description over at Yahoo/TV Guide:

http://tv.yahoo.com/the-biggest-loser/show.../episode/236603

Episode Description

Originally Aired: April 27, 2010

It’s an exciting week for the remaining seven contestants as they head to Dallas to inspire Texans to get healthy and join them as they run a 5K at the Cotton Bowl. Then its off to a rodeo for a wild challenge involving wrangling calves that will grant immunity to the lucky winner at this weeks weigh-in. In addition, with only seven contestants left, it becomes clearer than ever who is willing to do whatever it takes to be in the final four. Also, season eight fan favorite Abby Rike makes a special appearance this week and invites Jillian to speak at her old high school. Later, back at the ranch, elimination leaves one player feeling very much alone.

It sure sounds like one of the teams is finally getting split up, doesn't it?

Yeah, it sure does. Can you imagine the drama if SUNSHINE goes home? It will be unbearable.

O'Neal will fall on the sword for her if it ever comes to that, but the drama will be unbearable regardless.

I'm actually hoping it's Sam that goes. I'm rather "meh" on the grey team at this point, but I think Koli really needs to start worrying about himself and putting his own health/wellbeing first. I don't see that happening as long as Sam is still around.

Wow. Ashley, Michael and Daris are nicer than me. I can't believe they missed an opportunity to bounce Sunshine. Especially after that whole cattle-rustling challenge that isolated the three of them.

Wow. Ashley, Michael and Daris are nicer than me. I can't believe they missed an opportunity to bounce Sunshine. Especially after that whole cattle-rustling challenge that isolated the three of them.

My guess is that they are playing this week by week. IF they can all stay above the yellow line and vote as a bloc then they can pick off Yellow AND Gray one by one from here on in and drive this bus straight to the finale. However, they really need to make it past next week to ensure the plan will work. Maybe they figured it was worth it not to rock the boat...at least not for this one last week?

Assuming AMD gets it done next week, I am thinking Sam or Sunshine goes next. There is NO way Koli didn't tank the weigh in last night, which means he should be due for a really big number. Who would have thought that the least interesting part of Makeover Week could end up being the makeover?

Can't wait for the finale! Apparently the whole cast is already here in California. I'm so excited to see how they look at the finale, Darrell has lost a LOT of weight.

Vote DARIS!

Saw a recent full-body picture of Andrea last night. She looks great!

Woo hoo!!!! I can't wait to see how Drea and Darrell look.

Were you able to score tickets to the finale?

Saw a recent full-body picture of Andrea last night. She looks great!

Woo hoo!!!! I can't wait to see how Drea and Darrell look.

Were you able to score tickets to the finale?

Nah, can't get away from work.

You should have heard us scream when Darrell's weight came up. We're so proud of them both. Darrell was such a class act during his brief stint as the potential home prize winner, he seemed genuinely happy for Koli, who was acting like a baby. And I think it is great that Michael won, it really gives the show a boost to have the biggest contestant ever pull this off.

Agreed on Darrell's demeanor during his brief stint as King of The Hill....as well as Michael's victory. Truthfully, I would have been happy with any of the three finalists taking the final prize as they were all worthy and deserving.

It will be interesting to see how everybody looks in another 6 months or so once the limelight has worn off and real life takes hold. Darrell and Drea's interview in the Ann Arbor paper that you referenced in an earlier post really tell me that they "get it". However, I've seen pictures of some previous contestants and the long term track record is less than stellar. Even on the marathon episode for this season, the only past contestant that didn't look noticeably heavier was Mike Morelli-- which really surprised me since he's a college student. Even Poster Child Ali Vincent looked like she had put on about 10 or 15 pounds.