Sign in to follow this  
BobbyD

Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff Writing Young Adult Book Series

Move over, Lauren Conrad: Hilary Duff is the newest Young Hollywood dweller putting pen to pad for a new series of young adult novels.

The newly-engaged actress/singer, 22, is busily working on a series of young adult novels — the first of which will debut this fall — Simon & Schuster Books for Young readers said on Tuesday. The first novel — titled Elixir — is set to be published in October, and will feature “the worldwide adventures of young photojournalist Clea Raymond.”

Hilary is also plotting a nonfiction book about children coping with divorce, scheduled for release in 2012. The subject is a familiar one for the “So Yesterday” singer; she wrote about the messy split between her own parents in the songs “Stranger” and “Gypsy Woman.”

Source popcrunch.com

Hilary Duff 'Wants Traditional Wedding Gown'

Hilary Duff has reportedly revealed that she will wear a traditional wedding dress when she marries boyfriend Mike Comrie.

The former Lizzie McGuire actress recently became engaged to the NHL player following a two-year relationship.

Speaking to In Touch Weekly about her dress, she said: "I want it to be traditional. I don't want it to be too big and overwhelming, because I'm so small.

"A big dress would make me look like a big cupcake!"

The 22-year-old added that she had not yet set a date, and that actress sister Haylie will most likely be chosen as her maid-of-honour.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Hilary Duff embarrassed by proposal pictures

Hilary Duff with fiance Mike Comrie in Los Angeles on February 22, 2010.

Hilary Duff was left red-faced by paparazzi pictures which captured the moments after her fiance proposed - and she insists the snaps are "awful."

The singer/actress is planning to wed ice hockey star Mike Comrie after he popped the question during a romantic vacation in Hawaii last month.

But the proposal was shared with the world after snappers caught the couple's intimate moments on camera, with one image showing Duff on her hotel balcony taking a picture of her ring on her cell phone.

And the star admits she was horrified to see the covert snaps.

She tells Hollywoodlife.com, "It was awful. We had no idea they (the paparazzi) were there; it was weird. I hated that I was taking a picture of my ring and sending it to my mom!"

Duff is now busy planning her wedding, but she's hoping to keep the ceremony quiet and intimate.

She adds, "We want to keep it small. (Mike)'s like, 'Whatever you want!"

source: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate...7#ixzz0i0u7SKKI

Internet Shopper Hilary Duff

Hilary Duff is addicted to online shopping.

The actress admits she's become obsessed with buying clothes on the internet, especially designer items, and has now become a bit of a hermit.

She joked: "I'm so addicted I almost don't leave my house anymore. My absolute favourite place to shop is Net-A-Porter. There are so many beautiful, irresistible things."

One item on Hilary's shopping list is a pair of sky-high platform wedges as the 5ft 2in star needs the extra height.

She told Lucky magazine: "Comfortable and make me very tall - two things I always want in my shoes."

As well as the wedges, Hilary is keen to add to her wardrobe with a pair of dazzling shorts and a spring scarf.

She said: "Sequinned shorts are at the top of my list to buy for spring as well as a big, voluminous scarf. It's a total weakness of mine."

However, her favourite accessory is a ring her fiance Mike Comrie recently bought her.

She said: "My fiance just bought me this ring with smoky pave diamonds. It's so cool."

Source contactmusic